Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,747 members, 7,837,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

NL Theists AND Atheists Should Come In - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NL Theists AND Atheists Should Come In (1508 Views)

Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) / Mistakes Both Theists And Atheists Make On This Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: NL Theists AND Atheists Should Come In by Deicide: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
akintom:

Yeah....
Also, because our society is largely that which don't acquire information for the primary reason of self empowerment, most of the folks romancing atheism now, are grossly uninformed in the concept of human belief system.

If anyone understands how the human brain functions (the mind), it will be easier to situate religious beliefs for what it really is.
I agree with you on this
Re: NL Theists AND Atheists Should Come In by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
Deicide:

Atheism Is Rising in Nigeria but I have notice that most of this New atheist are Atheist because of one emotional break down or the other....esp loosing of love once.what do you think about this?
You are right.
Atheism isn't a club you just register to on one bad day.

It took years of questioning, contemplating, and sincere attempt to rationalize my beliefs. I ended up an atheist in my search for facts through study and research.

Becoming an atheist isn't a matter of pride and arrogance for me. It implies that my parents, pastors, elders and every other person I used to hold in high regards have been wasting their time.

It is hard to be an atheist but it is also an inevitable destination when you realize believe isn't fact, but simply belief.

I recently discovered that some religious leaders are not sincere, and are atheists. They just take advantage of gullible people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Theists AND Atheists Should Come In by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 27, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I must say it is illogical to demand for proofs of the nonexistence of God or gods from atheists. The lack of evidence is what gears atheism. You can only prove based on test and analysis and this is where us theists fail woefully I must say. Proving God's existence should not be confined to the quotations of sacred text.
Exactly.
Why is KingEbukasBlog not on this thread yet?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christianity Is Not A Religion? Really? / Mfm Messages: Dr D.k Olukoya 2018 – Deliverance From Ancestral Foundations / The Zombism Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.