Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss (7089 Views)

The Cave Man Told The Lie The Earth Is A Globe Wake Up Out Your Slumber / Our Ancestors Believed The Earth Was Flat And Surrounded By Water. / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 5:33am On Dec 19, 2016
The earth is not a globe, or a sphere.

It is a flat circular plane.

Discuss. cool

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 5:35am On Dec 19, 2016
wink
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 19, 2016
I thought it was a possibility after doing some research on in cool

KingEbukasBlog

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by cashwithcharity(f): 6:24am On Dec 19, 2016
The earth is not flat. End of discussion

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 19, 2016
Lol, why do you think the earth is flat?
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:27am On Dec 19, 2016
Muafrika2:

KingEbukasBlog

Exactly . I felt same . Its exciting to see that as a possibility .When Christ comes,the truth shall be revealed . cool
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by johnydon22(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly . I felt same . Its exciting to see that as a possibility .When Christ comes,the truth shall be revealed . cool

Lol
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by johnydon22(m): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2016
Muafrika2:

KingEbukasBlog

I am curious to hear these researches brother... Teach me
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
Does anyone here not find it odd that despite decades of supposed space travel and exploration, there is no genuine photograph of Earth taken from 'outer space'? ALL pictures you have ever seen of a spherical Earth are cgi drawings and renditions.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:
Does anyone here not find it odd that despite decades of supposed space travel and exploration, there is no genuine photograph of Earth taken from 'outer space'? ALL pictures you have ever seen of a spherical Earth are cgi drawings and renditions.
The earth is not flat brother. Even a nursery school kid knows this.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
Fash20:

The earth is not flat brother. Even a nursery school kid knows this.
How does that nursery school kid "know" this? Based on the same cgi drawings you saw.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
Flat Earth supporters, a growing international movement, have provided very convincing proof of their assertion that earth is a flat, circular plain. One common poser is that if the earth is a spinning globe, a helicopter should be able to hover in the sky, and wait for its destination to come to it. That never happens.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:
How does that nursery school kid "know" this? Based on the same cgi drawings you saw.

Haven't you seen satellite images of the planet? They aren't cgi drawing
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
Fash20:

Haven't you seen satellite images of the planet? They aren't cgi drawing
There are no satellite images of Earth. All images you have seen are cgi renditions. This is a fact. You can research it online.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:
There are no satellite images of Earth. All images you have seen are cgi renditions. This is a fact. You can research it online.

I won't argue with you bro. What I know is that planet earth is spherical.

There are images online that are captured by space probes the images show planet earth is Spherical.

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/nasa-captures-epic-earth-image
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
Fash20:

I won't argue with you bro. What I know is that planet earth is spherical.

There are images online that are captured by space probes the images show planet earth is Spherical.
Show us the images!
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
Fash20:

Google is your friend.

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/nasa-captures-epic-earth-image

Those are scams. Composite images. They are not actual photograhs. NASA even explains it on the site:

''This color image of Earth was taken by NASA’s Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC), a four megapixel CCD camera and telescope. The image was generated by combining three separate images to create a photographic-quality image. The camera takes a series of 10 images using different narrowband filters -- from ultraviolet to near infrared -- to produce a variety of science products. The red, green and blue channel images are used in these color images.''

wink

When you take a selfie or snap someone, do you ''generate the images'' or do you simply take a pic?

NASA itself has admitted that it produces these spherical images ''based on peoples' expectations'', not based on reality.

http://tabooconspiracy.com/blog/flat-earth/no-photos-of-earth-from-space/
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by RedboneSmith(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:
One common poser is that if the earth is a spinning globe, a helicopter should be able to hover in the sky, and wait for its destination to come to it. That never happens.

My God! WTF! grin

If i laugh any harder I'll pee on myself. Who 'poses' this 'poser'? Certainly not a physicist. If the earth was moving, why would anyone think that the air which is within the earth won't be moving with it?

Are there people who understand the laws of physics within the Flat Earth movement? I am really curious about that.

Still LMAOing at the 'poser'. grin WTF

2 Likes

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by RedboneSmith(m): 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:

Those are scams. Composite images. They are not actual photograhs. NASA even explains it on the site:

''This color image of Earth was taken by NASA’s Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC), a four megapixel CCD camera and telescope. The image was generated by combining three separate images to create a photographic-quality image. The camera takes a series of 10 images using different narrowband filters -- from ultraviolet to near infrared -- to produce a variety of science products. The red, green and blue channel images are used in these color images.''

wink

When you take a selfie or snap someone, do you ''generate the images'' or do you simply take a pic?

NASA itself has admitted that it produces these spherical images ''based on peoples' expectations'', not based on reality.

Your source is a BLOG that has among its contents articles that:-

A. Deny the Holocaust happened

B. Claim dinosaurs never existed

C. Believe in a young Earth (just some thousands of years old)

D. Hold up the Bible as a scientifically-accurate treatise

E. Et cetera, et cetera

? ? ? ? ?

2 Likes

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:

wink

That doesn't still make the image a hoax.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:

wink

That doesn't make the image a hoax.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 6:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:
Flat Earth supporters, a growing international movement, have provided very convincing proof of their assertion that earth is a flat, circular plain. One common poser is that if the earth is a spinning globe, a helicopter should be able to hover in the sky, and wait for its destination to come to it. That never happens.

I didn't even see this post before.

Guy You are funny

Imagine you're on a train moving at a constant velocity(not accelerating or decelerating) If you throw a coin up,you catch your coin back without it falling behind or in front of you. Same thing apply to our planet. The earth is moving at a constant velocity.

A building is actually moving with a velocity of 67000 miles per hour. A car you see on the road is moving at 67000mph + v(velocity at which its moving)

My point is an helicopter hovering will still remain at the same place as long as the earth is moving at the same velocity.

Now Imagine if the planet suddenly decelerate or accelerate. That's the end of civilization cus it will be catastrophic
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
Fash20:

I didn't even see this post before.

Guy You are funny

Imagine you're on a train moving at a constant velocity(not accelerating or decelerating) If you throw a coin up,you catch your coin back without it falling behind or in front of you. Same thing apply to our planet. The earth is moving at a constant velocity.

A building is actually moving with a velocity of 67000 miles per hour. A car you see on the road is moving at 67000mph + v(velocity at which its moving)

My point is an helicopter hovering will still remain at the same place as long as the earth is moving at the same velocity.

Now Imagine if the planet suddenly decelerate or accelerate. That's the end of civilization cus it will be catastrophic

But where is your proof the earth is moving at all?

There is absolutely ZERO proof that the earth is moving, or spinning.

If there is, provide it. wink
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
RedboneSmith:

My God! WTF! grin

If i laugh any harder I'll pee on myself. Who 'poses' this 'poser'? Certainly not a physicist. If the earth was moving, why would anyone think that the air which is within the earth won't be moving with it?

Within? You mean the air ATOP the earth, not ''within''. There is no reason the air ATOP the earth should be moving, IF the earth is moving, which it isn't. If the earth was moving as fast as scientists claim, we would feel it moving. Earth is not like an airplane where you have covered protection, soundproof technology etc etc, to shield you from the motional friction. Gravity? If the force of gravity was so powerful that it pulled the heaviest matter and air down to earth, then how come birds and insects can just flap their wings a little and up, up, up they go?
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by RedboneSmith(m): 8:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:

Within? You mean the air ATOP the earth, not ''within''. There is no reason the air ATOP the earth should be moving, IF the earth is moving, which it isn't. If the earth was moving as fast as scientists claim, we would feel it moving. Earth is not like an airplane where you have covered protection, soundproof technology etc etc, to shield you from the motion. Gravity? If the force of gravity was so powerful that it pulled the heaviest matter and air down to earth, then how come birds can just flap their wings a little and up they go?

Every sentence here shows just how much of a student of natural laws you are not. These are questions children ask before they start studying science. I know because I asked them once upon a time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
RedboneSmith:

Every sentence here shows just how much of a student of natural laws you are not. These are questions children ask before they start studying science. I know because I asked them once upon a time.

Just because you were given answers to those questions as a child doesn't mean the answers are true, or proven.

For instance billions of people believe a man named Jesus, the son of God, walked this earth 2000+ years ago. You yourself probably believe it. But there is not a single shred of evidence that this person actually existed.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
"If the earth were a globe, airliners would not be able to fly on a flat and level path. Any pilot will tell you that once a plane gets to its cruising altitude, the pilot "levels off" and flies in a straight and level path. Indeed, the pilot uses the horizon to ensure that the plane is flying level."

http://henrymakow.com/2016/02/Edward-Hendrie-Flat-Earth-Defense.html#sthash.poaESwAy.dpuf

WHY? BECAUSE THE EARTH IS FLAT. cool
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
Earth - a flat circle.

Night and day are not caused by the rotation of a spherical earth. Night and day are caused by the travel of the sun in circuit over the flat earth. The sun is much smaller than the earth, as depicted in the attached picture. It is close to and directly over the earth; it is not 93 million miles away.

http://henrymakow.com/2016/02/Edward-Hendrie-Flat-Earth-Defense.html#sthash.poaESwAy.dpuf
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rossikki:

But where is your proof the earth is moving at all?

There is absolutely ZERO proof that the earth is moving, or spinning.

If there is, provide it. wink
You're kidding right

If the earth doesn't move we won't have
Seasons and Day and night to mention few.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
THE SINGLE PICTURE THAT PROVES THE EARTH IS FLAT

'In this photograph, the Chicago skyline can be seen clearly. The picture was taken by Joshua Nowicki as he stood at Grand Mere Park, Michigan, which is approximately 57 miles away, across Lake Michigan from Chicago.

If the earth were a globe, none of the buildings, including the Sears Tower (now called the Willis Tower), would be visible. They would all be below the horizon. The top of the Sears Tower would be 194 feet below the horizon. The only thing that would be visible in the entire Chicago skyline would be the uppermost 85 feet of the antennae on the top of the Sears Tower. In fact, however, the entire Sears Tower and all of the other buildings along the shore in Chicago can be seen in the Nowicki photograph. That picture by Joshua Nowicki of the Chicago skyline proves that the earth is flat.

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
I simple question pls

Are you a science student or graduate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Les Fang-beti-pahouin / Some Yoruba Grammars That Is Hard To Translate into English meaning / Is Black Really Beautiful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.