Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss (7077 Views)

The Cave Man Told The Lie The Earth Is A Globe Wake Up Out Your Slumber / Our Ancestors Believed The Earth Was Flat And Surrounded By Water. / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rossikki:
Nothing? Because you are a dunce with no working brain.

Lol. Now I see you are frustrated.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Fash20:

Lol. Now I see you are frustrated.
Frustrated because you have no brain? Wetin concern me? Olodo. Composite pictorial representation "means nothing". DUNCE. Go get a refund on your education cos it was money wasted.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rossikki:
Dullard.. Is your father not a full grown adult who believes in a flying godman with zero evidence? Why don't you go and insult him based on that instead of looking for trouble online? Dunce. Everything you know WAS forced down your throat. That is what 'education' means. You regurgitate what you are taught, or else you fail, and get whipped by your daddy with koboko.

Calm down now! na so e pain you reach? No vex oo.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Fash20:

Calm down now! na so e pain you reach? No vex oo.

You are pained because I'm turning your world upside down with hard evidence. Go and cry to mummy, little dummy pig.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rossikki:
Frustrated because you have no brain? Wetin concern me? Olodo. Composite pictorial representation "means nothing". DUNCE. Go get a refund on your education cos it was money wasted.

All those insults will not make the earth flat or sun closer.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rossikki:
You are pained because I'm turning your world upside down with hard evidence. Go and cry to mummy, little dummy pig.

Do you think you were able to confuse me?

Get thee behind me Satan!
Lol.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
Fash20:

All those insults will not make the earth flat or sun closer.
Your dumbitude maketh not the earth a sphere. Oya...explain to us why NASA cannot take a simple photograph of the earth and show us. Go on...Explain.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rossikki:
Your dumbitude maketh not the earth a sphere. Oya...explain to us why NASA cannot take a simple photograph of the earth and show us. Go on...Explain.

To take a photo of the entire planet, you need to be pretty far away from Earth. That costs hundreds millions of dollars to send a probe that far away and is essentially worthless for science (since you can't get much data from of the Earth that far away).

The satellites that are used to study the Earth itself have a much lower orbit to focus on specific parts of the surface... and the satellites that are as far as the Apollo are generally sent out to explore other planets.

However, apparently we still occasionally take photos from far away...
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Fash20:

To take a photo of the entire planet, you need to be pretty far away from Earth. That costs hundreds millions of dollars to send a probe that far away and is essentially worthless for science (since you can't get much data from of the Earth that far away)
Which means THEY have no clue what the earth really looks like. So why show us fake images of a sphere?

The satellites that are used to study the Earth itself have a much lower orbit to focus on specific parts of the surface... and the satellites that are as far as the Apollo are generally sent out to explore other planets.

However, apparently we still occasionally take photos from far away...
First of all, leave "we" out of your explanations. "We" have nothing to do with what NASA is doing. Second, SHOW us the picture you claim NASA has taken of the earth. Just a simple photo. Not composite images and cgi.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
Do you guys know that whenever NASA is displaying one of these so called earth images, they always have the small text nearby explaining it is a composite picture, ie fake? They do it to cover their asses, so if someone sues them for peddling falsehoods, they can say, "well we did state the truth about our methods."
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Fash20: 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rossikki:
Which means THEY have no clue what the earth really looks like. So why show us fake images of a sphere?First of all, leave "we" out of your explanations. "We" have nothing to do with what NASA is doing. Second, SHOW us the picture you claim NASA has taken of the earth. Just a simple photo. Not composite images and cgi.

Whether it's cgi or not. The fact still remains the same.

It's a law. We have used it to predict time, lunch space shuttle and so on.

Predict one thing with your flat earth rubbish and let's see how woefully it will fail grin
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Wulfruna(f): 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
One quick question here. Why would NASA go through all this pain to lie about the shape of the earth and the movement or lack of movement of planetary bodies? What would be their motive?

2 Likes

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Wulfruna(f): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
I also just checked to see if you posted this in the science section. You did not. Why? Surely there are more science heads there who can debate this. This place is most probably visited mainly by art people

2 Likes

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 3:42am On Dec 21, 2016
Fash20:

Whether it's cgi or not. The fact still remains the same.

It's a law. We have used it to predict time, lunch space shuttle and so on.

Predict one thing with your flat earth rubbish and let's see how woefully it will fail grin

You sound pathetic. ''Hey, this is the law our white establishment masters gave us, and without their 'law' we cannot eat or drink or sleep. So even if their spherical earth is a scam, it is the law and we must abide by it!''

What 'space shuttle'? Did you follow any shuttle to 'space'? How do you know it isn't all a scam? Do you know there are scientists who will tell you NASA is just there to lie, obfuscate, and deceive? Do you know there is credible evidence the Apollo moon landing was faked? Do you realise there is credible evidence that the moon may not even be solid? Yours is just to regurgitate what you learnt in school. Nothing else.. You lack the independent thought processes and mental courage to question, much less challenge conventional 'consensus'.

By the way, I notice you still HAVE NOT answered the Cape Town - Sidney riddle.

How long will you continue dodging it?
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 3:58am On Dec 21, 2016
Wulfruna:
I also just checked to see if you posted this in the science section. You did not. Why? Surely there are more science heads there who can debate this. This place is most probably visited mainly by art people
I've just posted it there.... I'd considered it earlier on, but saw too many tech-related threads there, and thought it was really a joint for computer geeks.. wink
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 4:18am On Dec 21, 2016
Wulfruna:
One quick question here. Why would NASA go through all this pain to lie about the shape of the earth and the movement or lack of movement of planetary bodies? What would be their motive?

It is a really deep question that goes way beyond NASA. Don't forget NASA is really just an agency of the US govt. And the US Govt is run by some very shady people nobody hears about. Obama, Trump and co are just the frontmen. There appears to be a grand international deception going on for pretty sinister reasons. Millions of Americans believe the Apollo moon landing was faked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDKc6X8TXNE
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 4:25am On Dec 21, 2016
This Video is the absolute BOMB.... It shows the core elements of the Flat Earth theory. One NASA guy even explains how they fake their spherical earth pictures. smiley smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0xClWgidZU
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by absoluteSuccess: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2016
I always respect people who can unsettle popular beliefs. The fact that a story is popular does not make it truth, but the story soon become 'true' if not contested and all available machinery starts to work around and bend to support popular story as truth.

But as usual, there's always an apparent truth or lost fact to move away from or technically- debased for a new school of thought. It may not happen in our time but Galeleo's trial will be re-opened someday and very soon.

Back then when this topic was taught, I just felt the argument is lame when we got to 'ship visibility'. Now I think the picture of chicago kills it, with the claim that the middle pole will always appear taller, a ruse.

Maybe the heliocentric theory as it is is bond to wind off in time perhaps. However this is the jewel of scientific reasoning and pillar of the enlightenment starting from Corpernicus and the advent of the telescope to the space age.

The world still hold great many secrets, no one has hit home run fact on arrival.

Natural education is greater than curricular education, believe in your knowledge after you have been educated, and you won't be a 'fully-booked-head' with others' theory but non of your own.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Habakus: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2016
No doubt the OP has an interesting theory here that should be looked into.
Science is still at it's infancy; there are still so many things we still don't know yet as fact and a lot of things we thought to be true are disproved daily.
I may not be a 'science head',but I'd like someone to explain how the force of gravity doesn't pull down a very tiny insect that lifts off from the ground and flies at will without any obstruction from gravity. Does it mean that the force the tiny fly uses to fly beats that of gravity? Or is that it is so light just like a balloon that it floats?
If a balloon is so light that the force of gravity doesn't act on it,why doesn't it continue to float forever once it gets to the air? Please I need someone to explain all these,and like I said before,I'm not a science head at all.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Rossikki: 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
I'm impressed by the quality of the last two responses. Of course, the best approach is to keep an open mind on these things. Nothing is impossible in this life. After all whatever you think you know today, was it not what somebody taught you? So you can also teach yourself. If somebody can teach you, you can teach yourself through research. Thanks again, Gentlemen. wink
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by aiir2303(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2016
Yeah... Thought as much I've been seeing this flat earth thing for a while now
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Teague4league(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2017
"Op, I have seen so much assumption in this post"
Billy, as much as I respect your opinion, I will say this simple point. A square peg can't fit in a round hole. The atmosphere is doom shape so it is safe to assume its covering a surface with a similar model ; geoid, spherical, ecliptic but flat is so far away. So to simple put, imagine the heart as a piece of garbage rather than half water melon.

If science is about assumption .everyone will be a scientist
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by Teague4league(m): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2017
Another simple proof to show the earth rotates or move.

Get a camera with enough storage

On a night that is not cloudy(the stars must be visible also) Make the camera point towards the sky and record.

Leave it overnight.

Play and fast forward it and watch what happens.[/quote] This got me rolling. Even thou I'm open minded about this .
I can't fathom how you think the result you will get will explain rotation of the earth. And you are a scientist ?
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:54am On Jan 09, 2017
Rossikki:
I'm impressed by the quality of the last two responses. Of course, the best approach is to keep an open mind on these things. Nothing is impossible in this life. After all whatever you think you know today, was it not what somebody taught you? So you can also teach yourself. If somebody can teach you, you can teach yourself through research. Thanks again, Gentlemen. wink
you ignored an interesting questing up in page 1 if you are so sure the earth is flat where are the edges in which one can practically fall of into space? where do we find those? please i need your answer.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by kingkaspa: 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Rossikki:
Flat Earth supporters, a growing international movement, have provided very convincing proof of their assertion that earth is a flat, circular plain. One common poser is that if the earth is a spinning globe, a helicopter should be able to hover in the sky, and wait for its destination to come to it. That never happens.
In the design of the experiment of the hovering helicopter, they forgot the effect of gravity and the atmosphere. The atmosphere moves with the earth so also the helicopter.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss by lovediehatelive(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
so they have lied to us?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tall People Thread / Who Own Egusi And Pounded Yam / Naming In Yoruba Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.