Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship (12242 Views)

Nigeria retains 2017 World Scrabble Championship / Moses Peter In The Final Of The World Scrabble Championship / 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by joyeuxone: 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Rashdimuh(m): 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
The guy is a nairalander with moniker Rashdimuh , its me guys
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sheikwonder(m): 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
midolian:
Whoever thinks he/she can/will beat me in this game, should pm me..

I was N0.15 worldwide on Fightin' words b4 it crashed.

hehehehe. I will beat you like a sorry thief. You think Scrabble is beans?

1 Like

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sheikwonder(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
SCRABBLEBOARD:
He did this in some gut wrenching manner .
Playing some terrific words along
BiLINGUAl was a beautiful find through double Ls.
Ayo had to wait for Nderitu Kitonga, Kenyan, to hand him the win.
He played a nonword GUTCHES which Ayo challenged off the board.
Nigerians on social media went berserk when the favour was done to us.
Memes and wisecracks followed the episode and a huge relieve to everyone .
TERAGLIN, x9, was the icing on a beautiful weekend of pure Scrabble genius.

Ayo came 3rd earlier in the month in Causeway Challenge in Malaysia. This is the toughest competition on earth.

Nigeria was the over best performing Nation in the same competition.
Stand up for SCRABBLE.

wow! I'M a fairly good scrabble player looking for serious competition. Are u game?
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by TRAY2(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nice one guys, I used to be a scrabble addict back then, but after I changed location, the urge calmed down, pls where in lagos do we have scrabble centers/clubs.Heard there is one in YABATECH.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Ayoolanairaland: 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
Congrats ex unaabite AYO saidu.
badassProdigy:
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
Westside cheesy
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by hymanflex(m): 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
Let me continue with my whot

Thank God for that afonja brother........ Kelenu Sonu.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by kingphilip(m): 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
midolian:
Whoever thinks he/she can/will beat me in this game, should pm me..

I was N0.15 worldwide on Fightin' words b4 it crashed.
venue
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by midolian(m): 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sheikwonder:

hehehehe. I will beat you like a sorry thief. You think Scrabble is beans?
where do u Base? I am following u for this reason..if I don't giv u a whoopin, I ll have my name changed.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by YUNGLURD(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
ylaa:
How do I enter this competition?
u play scrabble?
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by DEWKID(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2016
gulfer:
WEST IS BEST grin grin grin cool
EAST IS VAST cool
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by myners007: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
I am unarguably the best scrabbler in this forum. I had defeated Wellington the current world no. 1 way back during our amateur era. I have defeated many white guys online and sometimes some of them wonder if they are playing with a Robot or a computer
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sheikwonder(m): 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
midolian:
where do u Base? I am following u for this reason..if I don't giv u a whoopin, I ll have my name changed.

Hehehehe...based in Ogun state but schooling in UNILAG...you?
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sheikwonder(m): 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anybody plays Scrabble here and resides in Ogun state? Or around UNILAG? If you do, you are in luck...there is a small club in UNILAG and also in YABATECH(though I've not been to this one)...only mention me if you feel you are above average, fishes please stay off!
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sheikwonder:

wow! I'M a fairly good scrabble player looking for serious competition. Are u game?
Join Nigeria Scrabble Friends on whatsapp or Facebook.

You can startbfrom there and get necessary information to find a place to play.

There are a dozen places you can play Scrabble in Lagos.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sheikwonder(m): 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
SCRABBLEBOARD:

Join Nigeria Scrabble Friends on whatsapp or Facebook.

You can startbfrom there and get necessary information to find a place to play.

There are a dozen places you can play Scrabble in Lagos.

I've been on the group since. I actually play at UNILAG when it's in session. It's just because they are on break that's why I'm looking for a sparring partner...
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by midolian(m): 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sheikwonder:

Hehehehe...based in Ogun state but schooling in UNILAG...you?
based in kwara...working in Kwara.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sheikwonder(m): 8:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
midolian:
based in kwara...working in Kwara.

No wonder, you are a big fish in a little pond which is why you think you can beat anybody at Scrabble. By the time I am done with you ehn....hehehehehe...sorry will be your new name....do you have an account on isc.ro?
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by midolian(m): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sheikwonder:

No wonder, you are a big fish in a little pond which is why you think you can beat anybody at Scrabble. By the time I am done with you ehn....hehehehehe...sorry will be your new name....do you have an account on isc.ro?
I dnt...I jst opened an account..downloaded d app, it's nt wrkin on my fone...how often do u get premiums?
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sheikwonder(m): 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
midolian:
I dnt...I jst opened an account..downloaded d app, it's nt wrkin on my fone...how often do u get premiums?

isc.ro is the INTERNATIONAL SCRABBLE CLUB interface for online scrabble players. I don't think you can connect to it with a mobile device, you'd probably have to use a laptop because you'd have to download the interface. First log on to isc.ro with your laptop then register with them and download the interface. From there you can connect with players from around the world and play. You can even watch games too! It's free and has no 'premium' version. You can then search for friends and send them invites if you know their username. Believe me, when you see the standard of Scrabble played online, you will be humbled!

1 Like

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by midolian(m): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sheikwonder:

isc.ro is the INTERNATIONAL SCRABBLE CLUB interface for online scrabble players. I don't think you can connect to it with a mobile device, you'd probably have to use a laptop because you'd have to download the interface. First log on to isc.ro with your laptop then register with them and download the interface. From there you can connect with players from around the world and play. You can even watch games too! It's free and has no 'premium' version. You can then search for friends and send them invites if you know their username. Believe me, when you see the standard of Scrabble played online, you will be humbled!
laffs...what standard? Do u knw who I am? If u ever played Fightin' words, and played with "yoursAHMED", u ld want to learn for years b4 challenging anyone.. I am "yoursAHMED"...fightin words had tens of thousands users b4 it stopped working..i was No.15 worldwide..

Lemme have ur username..i ll search for u tomorrow when I get to wrk.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Sheikwonder(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
midolian:
laffs...what standard? Do u knw who I am? If u ever played Fightin' words, and played with "yoursAHMED", u ld want to learn for years b4 challenging anyone.. I am "yoursAHMED"...fightin words had tens of thousands users b4 it stopped working..i was No.15 worldwide..

Lemme have ur username..i ll search for u tomorrow when I get to wrk.

Hmmm, no wahala. I won't play u yet till I get to LAGOS. Once I retrieve my laptop, I'll mention you here with my user details. I just hope u are as good as u say u are...
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by midolian(m): 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sheikwonder:

Hmmm, no wahala. I won't play u yet till I get to LAGOS. Once I retrieve my laptop, I'll mention you here with my user details. I just hope u are as good as u say u are...
No wahala..pls don't fail to do so...and make u no fear..."judgement day" is comin for u grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by ylaa(f): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2016
Yes pls

quote author=YUNGLURD post=52072958] u play scrabble?[/quote]
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by Agimor(m): 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nigerians and winning scramble is like that Zuma's pix... Congrats and kudos to him.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by havilahmax(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2016
I know this guy will make Nigeria proud one day. I was with him in 2004 when we represented Ogun State in National sports Festival. I played in the open category and he played in the master category and teamOgun won bronze medal that year. His brother too(Tayo Saidu) is also a guru in the game. Ayo in case you are reading,this is Soggier (Femi). congrats.
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by SCRABBLEBOARD: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2016
havilahmax:
I know this guy will make Nigeria proud one day. I was with him in 2004 when we represented Ogun State in National sports Festival. I played in the open category and he played in the master category and teamOgun won bronze medal that year. His brother too(Tayo Saidu) is also a guru in the game. Ayo in case you are reading,this is Soggier (Femi). congrats.
Spot on.
You can watch Ayo`s interview on Channel TV here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_zA4UwkHxU&feature=youtu.be
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by SCRABBLEBOARD: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2016
To those of you blowing your trumpets, that is okay.

You have a chance to prove your mettle. Follow any of the channels available on social media to get into the groove.
Scrabble is fun and challenging too.
Check Nigeria Scrabble friends on Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram.
Nigeria Scrabble Federation is equally available.

Cheers
Shegetz
Re: Saidu Ayorinde Wins 13th Africa Scrabble Championship by cashful(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
SCRABBLEBOARD:
To those of you blowing your trumpets, that is okay.

You have a chance to prove your mettle. Follow any of the channels available on social media to get into the groove.
Scrabble is fun and challenging too.
Check Nigeria Scrabble friends on Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram.
Nigeria Scrabble Federation is equally available.

Cheers
Shegetz

Will search for it.. looking at having some games with you this festive period if chanced on isc.ro (downloading now).

Also I would like to register with the Scrabble association when next they have an open championship.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Has A Hamstring Injury. Is Doubtful Champions League Game. / 3SC Win First Away Game Since 2005 / NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.