Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port (17905 Views)

Yahaya Bello: If President Buhari Asks Me To Jump Into Fire, I Will Not Hesitate / The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) / Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by investnow2013: 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
by GODFREY OFURUM
Category: News
The Governor Willie Obiano-led administration in Anambra State, says it has attracted over $4 billion investments into the State in two years.

Obiano, who revealed this at the award ceremony to round-off the silver jubilee celebration of the State (Anambra at 25), affirmed that his administration is intensely focused on driving his economic blueprint, through the four pillars of development, aimed at positioning the State for an uncommon economic growth.

The four pillars of development are, agriculture, industrialisation, trade and commerce and oil and gas.

He stated that his administration has so far, successfully placed Anambra State on the agricultural map of Nigeria, which is the number one pillar of his blueprint, saying that they would soon begin to make the same impact with industrialisation, trade and commerce and oil and gas, which make up the remaining pillars of his blueprint.

According to him, the four pillars of development hold the key to the future of Anambra State.

However, in order to add to the overall economic drive of the State, Obiano explained that his administration, has also adopted a new development strategy, known as the “Anambra Economic Transformation Programme” (AET-P), to enhance the integrated development of the State.

This strategy according to him, was developed to match the State’s new public sector efficiency with the growing interest of the private sector in order to achieve a set of clearly established goals.

These goals include, jumpstarting the immediate operations of the Onitsha Inland River Port, to serve as a catalyst to the State’s domestic economy, upgrading the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway into a world class highway with ultramodern ancillary services that will boost the State’s internally generated revenue (IGR).

Diversifying the State’s economy, by tapping the huge agricultural potentials of Anambra River Basin and finally, accelerating the construction and subsequent operations of the proposed international cargo and fuelling airport in Umueri.

He expressed confidence that the four pillars of development, would change the State’s economic landscape in the next 25 years and bring the people to a vantage position to drive development in West Africa and beyond.

Obianor, described Anambra people, as one of the best in the country, who have contributed immensely to the development of Nigeria.

He observed that Anambra indigenes are industrious and have supported Nigeria’s growth, noting that the award was instituted to honour indigenes of the State that merited it, irrespective of political, religious or traditional affiliations.

He urged the people of the State to join hands with his administration to bring the hopes and wishes of the people to fulfillment.

“I urge you to bring your dreams home, I urge you to bring your naira and dollar home. Though we have only 4,844 square meters of land, Anambra State is big enough for everyone, no matter the size of our dreams”.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/anambra-attracts-4-bn-investments-two-years-says-obiano/

11 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
Igbos are really moving forward despite fed govt neglect. May God bless u guys.

42 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
A step in the right direction.

15 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by paradigmshift(m): 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
chai I dey look
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by 9jayes: 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Port for Igbo land? I laf in Swahili

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by blackaxe78: 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chai! Obiano don sign another MOU grin grin grin

That dude signs anything labelled MOU

23 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Please no airport, there's one at Enugu, there's another one in IMO... Use that money for something else (Fix the roads, railway anything but an airport.)

14 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
is ok
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Godprotectigbos(f): 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
ok
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by morbeta(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Good news. Hope it's not just media and attention seeking awareness.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by lovelymind(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Good move from only Nigeria governor. Others Na...... Help me complete it

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Godprotectigbos(f): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
9jayes:

u are in pain and i can feel it grin grin grin grin

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by 9jayes: 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by hisgrace090: 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
Good move and a welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Thisis2raw(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
I like this words “I urge you to bring your dreams home, I urge you to bring your naira and dollar home. Though we have only 4,844 square meters of land, Anambra State is big enough for everyone, no matter the size of our dreams”.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Evergreen4(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
This Man is Exceptional, full of ideas. I hope and pray he's able to accomplish all he has said.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by NairaMaster1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by CHANNELStv2020: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
EVEN THOUGH OBIANO GIVE US HEAVEN AND EARTH HE IS GOING OUT,HE KILLED HIS OWN PEOPLE (PEACEFUL PEOPLE PROTESTING)JUST TO PLEASE buhari,THE FIRST RESPONSIBITY OF A GOVERNOR IS TO PROTECT THE LIVES OF ITS CITIZENS AND NOT TO TAKE THEM,LET BUHARI COME NOW AND VOTE HIM SINCE HE VALUES BUHARI MORE THAN THE LIVES OF HIS OWN PEOPLE,SAY NO TO OBIANO PROPAGANDA E DON EXPIRE.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by antontech(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
ok
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by playtheblues(f): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anambra a maka.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Kondomatic(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2016
9jayes:
How the gods drank your brain

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Ayoswit(f): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
dats a gud development

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by kennyblaze007(m): 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
And some pipo will say Obiano isn't working....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by BuyGoats: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
Beautiful.

Please check my signature for your Christmas goats. Thanks for your patronage so far.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by HQuadreal: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nice 1.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Eddie4all: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:
Please no airport, there's one at Enugu, there's another one in IMO... Use that money for something else (Fix the roads, railway anything but an airport.)

did u actually read d comment

8 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Ijaya123: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hope it is not another propaganda.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by mn09abk: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
Afonjas wont like these news

11 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by WizBLANCE(m): 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
Oluwa is highly involve ..... If you hate this leg up or we leg over... Time akiko adiro... Elekere anyi na aku.... Kwapu kwapu.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
a step in the right direction
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by jomoh: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
Finally a thinking and sensible governor.

Large part of the huge revenue being generated by Lagos state comes from the presence of the sea port. OBJ during his time created dry ports in each geopolitical Zones. This was to decongest Lagos ports and allow other states to benefit from the huge potentials of the ports by loading cargos meant for a particular geopolitical zone on a cargo train to be cleared in the states where this dry ports are located in the geo polictal zone. Meaning that you don't have to ship to Lagos of you're in Kaduna or Borno or Rivers or Benue. Just ship directly to the nearest dry port to your state.

Apart from the huge economic advantages the states stand to gain, the risk and cost of shipping goods to states that are far from Lagos state will be highly reduced.

Unfortunately close to 10 Years since OBJ left the seat, no state governor has had the sense to see the potentials of this dry ports. The then Governor of Oyo state Gov. Ladoja was the only governor that initiated the construction of the ICD present in Oyo state. Unfortunately for the state, he was unceremoniously and illegally impeached only to be reinstated less than 8months to the end of his tenure.

We have mentally weak/lazy leaders leading us in this country especially the state governors.

Since the return of democracy in 1999, OBJ has being the best president Nigeria has had so far. His legacies and achievements are still very much visible even to the blind.

mn09abk:
Afonjas wont like these news

I am a Yoruba person and btw, the Inland Container Depot is the brain child of an Afonja(OBJ). If not for him, the only sound that resemble port you people will ever hear about will be your cooking pots.

15 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Bants(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
Make them no sign the state away at this rate not all these investments are worth it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shekarau: How Secondus, Kwankwaso Forced Me Out Of PDP / Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal / $29.9bn Loans: Buhari Rejects Obasanjo’s Counsel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.