Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port (17929 Views)

Yahaya Bello: If President Buhari Asks Me To Jump Into Fire, I Will Not Hesitate / The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) / Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by basilo102: 2:47am On Dec 20, 2016
this anambra airport talks has been on for donkey years, from Oba, now Umueri, each time people keep telling us why anambra airport is needed, my question is, who is stopping the airport, build the goddamn airport now, delta finished theirs without all this drama

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by basilo102: 2:52am On Dec 20, 2016
AZeD1:

1) Airport profitably, is based on number of flights. Right now, there's no airport in Nigeria that is profitable.
2) You don't compete with your neighbours, you complement them. There's an airport in Enugu which is underutilised, there's also one in IMO, which is also underutilised. Has anyone tried to find out why they are underutilised? You can also count the airport at Asaba and PH as competing airports. That would make 5 airports competing against each other as against the one in the South West and one in the North.
3) Ogun state is the manufacturing capital of Nigeria and has gotten the largest FDI in that aspect because it is close to Lagos not because Ogun state has an airport.
This could have been replicated by the coming of the SE states to build high speed train that would hit all the SE states capital in 20 minutes from the Enugu airport.
4) Just before the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, there was a forum for business men and some Nigerian governors were there. The 3 South East governors gave competing presentations because they wanted to woo the investors, Lagos and Ogun gave complimenting presentations (Fly into Lagos, build your adminstrative office in the highbrow VI, build your factory in Ogun were we have land).

The South East states should be working together, not fighting against each other.
Owerri and Enugu airports are the 5th and 6th busiest airport respectively after the four major international airports in Lag, abj, ph and kano. if you call them underutillzed what do you call more than 20 other airports ranking below them?? Owerri is a stone throw from PH and Enugu, yet has surpassed Enugu airport in local flights despite Enugu being there before it was built, my problem with this anambra airport is that it is all noise without any action

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Doug07034780891(m): 5:09am On Dec 20, 2016
Take your nonsense elsewhere because the airport project is already ongoing. Evil frustrated people like you cannot stop it. Get lost from here...

Anambra International Cargo Airport will be Nigeria's busiest airport after Lagos and Abuja airports..

[s]
AZeD1:

1) Airport profitably, is based on number of flights. Right now, there's no airport in Nigeria that is profitable.
2) You don't compete with your neighbours, you complement them. There's an airport in Enugu which is underutilised, there's also one in IMO, which is also underutilised. Has anyone tried to find out why they are underutilised? You can also count the airport at Asaba and PH as competing airports. That would make 5 airports competing against each other as against the one in the South West and one in the North.
3) Ogun state is the manufacturing capital of Nigeria and has gotten the largest FDI in that aspect because it is close to Lagos not because Ogun state has an airport.
This could have been replicated by the coming of the SE states to build high speed train that would hit all the SE states capital in 20 minutes from the Enugu airport.
4) Just before the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, there was a forum for business men and some Nigerian governors were there. The 3 South East governors gave competing presentations because they wanted to woo the investors, Lagos and Ogun gave complimenting presentations (Fly into Lagos, build your adminstrative office in the highbrow VI, build your factory in Ogun were we have land).

The South East states should be working together, not fighting against each other.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Doug07034780891(m): 5:15am On Dec 20, 2016
Nwokem mechionu if you don't have anything reasonable to say. The airport project and it's access roads are going on quietly at Otuocha without noise...

[s]
basilo102:
my problem with this anambra airport is that it is all noise without any action
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by basilo102: 5:57am On Dec 20, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Nwokem mechionu if you don't have anything reasonable to say. The airport project and it's access roads are going on quietly at Otuocha without noise...

[s][/s]
Lol @queitly
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Doug07034780891(m): 6:11am On Dec 20, 2016
Yea quietly..

basilo102:

Lol @queitly
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Triple333: 9:00am On Dec 20, 2016
Rochas must hear this! Imo is the worst develop state across the country today. No thanks to corruption Rochas
"These goals include, jumpstarting the immediate operations of the Onitsha Inland River Port, to serve as a catalyst to the State’s domestic economy, upgrading the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway into a world class highway with ultramodern ancillary services that will boost the State’s internally generated revenue (IGR).".
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by iamhorny(m): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2016
i think this picture will give a better understanding of the viability of an airport in Anambra.

i personally think Anambra is due for one. Asaba airport came up not to long ago but see how well it is..

To afojans lamenting,is it not shameful that despite having ilorin, akure and ibadan airports, non is viable, outside lagos.which tells you the level of economic activities and the economic well being of the people.

NOTE: ENUGU, OWERRI, PORT HARCOURT, ASABA AIRPORTS can be said to be used mostly be people of the region with igbos as the majority. even calabar airport still out performs what ever airport you have in the west outside lagos because of it proximity to its igbo neighbour.

you wonder why the Federal government has refuse to allow a functional seaport or river-port around the eastern corridors... am sure that will be the beginning of the death of lagos port and lagos economic dominance in Nigeria.

this is why i tell people, the east is the future of Nigeria when it comes to investment because they have got everything going for them(entrepreneurship skill, purchasing power, zeal and education)if not for bad belle Nigerian politics and government.

let afonja continue to hate, depend on government and refuse to leave their region to take advantage of opportunities that exist and feel nigeria begins and ends in laogs while the east keep moving ahead gradually and steady

it will be safe to say the east is the fastest growing region in Nigeria despite government neglect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by asorocker: 1:36am On Dec 22, 2016
AZeD1:

California by landmass is bigger than the whole of Nigeria.
If it was country it would have the 7th largest economy in the world.

Still want to compare Anambra and California?

By the way, how has the airport improved IMO state? Do you know any investor that invested in IMO state because it has an airport?

90% of the US states have more than 5 Airports each only very small states have just an airport.

Nigeria is begger in landmass than Newyork (15 Airports ) and Florida (20 Airports)yet both have more than 10 airports each .

The Airport that was buil in Imo State was buil by a combination of 3 states (Imo, Abia, half Ebonyi) with support 2 states (Anambra , Enugu)
the state Airport has been a life saver reducing the number of lives that would have been lost via road accidents by travelling through porrly maitained federal highways (death traps set by the FG).

The Airport has improved and boosted business activities in the 2 of the onwer states Imo whose business men make use of the airport to transact business transactions and close by City Aba whose business men use the Airport Cargo facilities.

The Airport has also served as a buffer to Enugu and PH airport in times of emergencies when the airports are shut down for repairs or emergencies .

The Airport has empowered businesses like Hotels , Airport shuttles, Travel Agencies, logisitics businesses, air haulage firms, at a time an imo investor Iwuanyanwu had an airline Oriental airline that deepened the use of the Airport.

some few years back Oji uzo kalu operated Slok Airlines that employed hundreds of people directly and thousands indirectly that provided livelihood to a number of families until the Airline was shut by one of Nigeria's biggest problem in the person of Obasanjo.

The Airport has led to infrastructural developement in the host community in enyiogugu Mbaise., feeder roads, electricity, hotels e.t.c

I also think the airline brings revenue to the imo goverment , i remember on many occassion paying some kind of tax when i used the airport.

The advantages of an International Airport in Anambra if listed will be far too numerous . An Anambra indigene owns Air peace and other Anambra indigenes will float airlines that would employ thousands of people and deepen the investment in the Aviation industry , Anambra indgenes have the most private jets in Nigeria and the Airport will host so many private jets with the accruing tax and levies boosting their IGR.
The Aviation fuel business of Orient Energy will be fully utilized generating revenue for the state, Anambra indigenes who by far own more hotels than any other state will turn the Oba town into an aviation city with anicilary businesses like you have in ikeja and Ajao estate..

The Airport will boost export businesses like the Export of fruits and vegetables etc.

I am predicting that an Airport in Anambra owned and operated privately will eventually become a Major International Hub like the Lagos , Abuja and Protharcourt International Airports.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by investnow2013: 11:37am On Dec 30, 2016
asorocker:

90% of the US states have more than 5 Airports each only very small states have just an airport.

Nigeria is begger in landmass than Newyork (15 Airports ) and Florida (20 Airports)yet both have more than 10 airports each .

The Airport that was buil in Imo State was buil by a combination of 3 states (Imo, Abia, half Ebonyi) with support 2 states (Anambra , Enugu)
the state Airport has been a life saver reducing the number of lives that would have been lost via road accidents by travelling through porrly maitained federal highways (death traps set by the FG).

The Airport has improved and boosted business activities in the 2 of the onwer states Imo whose business men make use of the airport to transact business transactions and close by City Aba whose business men use the Airport Cargo facilities.

The Airport has also served as a buffer to Enugu and PH airport in times of emergencies when the airports are shut down for repairs or emergencies .

The Airport has empowered businesses like Hotels , Airport shuttles, Travel Agencies, logisitics businesses, air haulage firms, at a time an imo investor Iwuanyanwu had an airline Oriental airline that deepened the use of the Airport.

some few years back Oji uzo kalu operated Slok Airlines that employed hundreds of people directly and thousands indirectly that provided livelihood to a number of families until the Airline was shut by one of Nigeria's biggest problem in the person of Obasanjo.

The Airport has led to infrastructural developement in the host community in enyiogugu Mbaise., feeder roads, electricity, hotels e.t.c

I also think the airline brings revenue to the imo goverment , i remember on many occassion paying some kind of tax when i used the airport.

The advantages of an International Airport in Anambra if listed will be far too numerous . An Anambra indigene owns Air peace and other Anambra indigenes will float airlines that would employ thousands of people and deepen the investment in the Aviation industry , Anambra indgenes have the most private jets in Nigeria and the Airport will host so many private jets with the accruing tax and levies boosting their IGR.
The Aviation fuel business of Orient Energy will be fully utilized generating revenue for the state, Anambra indigenes who by far own more hotels than any other state will turn the Oba town into an aviation city with anicilary businesses like you have in ikeja and Ajao estate..

The Airport will boost export businesses like the Export of fruits and vegetables etc.

I am predicting that an Airport in Anambra owned and operated privately will eventually become a Major International Hub like the Lagos , Abuja and Protharcourt International Airports.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by ladiguy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
jomoh:
Finally a thinking and sensible governor.

Large part of the huge revenue being generated by Lagos state comes from the presence of the sea port. OBJ during his time created dry ports in each geopolitical Zones. This was to decongest Lagos ports and allow other states to benefit from the huge potentials of the ports by loading cargos meant for a particular geopolitical zone on a cargo train to be cleared in the states where this dry ports are located in the geo polictal zone. Meaning that you don't have to ship to Lagos of you're in Kaduna or Borno or Rivers or Benue. Just ship directly to the nearest dry port to your state.

Apart from the huge economic advantages the states stand to gain, the risk and cost of shipping goods to states that are far from Lagos state will be highly reduced.

Unfortunately close to 10 Years since OBJ left the seat, no state governor has had the sense to see the potentials of this dry ports. The then Governor of Oyo state Gov. Ladoja was the only governor that initiated the construction of the ICD present in Oyo state. Unfortunately for the state, he was unceremoniously and illegally impeached only to be reinstated less than 8months to the end of his tenure.

We have mentally weak/lazy leaders leading us in this country especially the state governors.

Since the return of democracy in 1999, OBJ has being the best president Nigeria has had so far. His legacies and achievements are still very much visible even to the blind.

I am a Yoruba person and btw, the Inland Container Depot is the brain child of an Afonja(OBJ). If not for him, the only sound that resemble port you people will ever hear about will be your cooking pots.

You be oldo even if you have dry port the main port will still be very much effective .Cargo will only be moved by rail or road to a seaport and operating as a centre for the transshipment of sea cargo to inland destinations.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by ladiguy(m): 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
Doug07034780891:
FG may have allowed Anambra to run the Port. With both international cargo airport and river port in Anambra the state would have become a mega state with international links..

You be oldo even if you have dry port the main port will still be very much effective .Cargo will only be moved by rail or road to a seaport and operating as a centre for the transshipment of sea cargo to inland destinations.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by jomoh: 11:13am On Jan 01, 2017
ladiguy:

This is the new year and the first thing I see on NL is a numbskull quoting me. I am sure and positive this year will be great irrespective of the disappointment.

Back to your senseless comment.

Where in my comment did you read that I said the old ports will be rendered useless by the ICD?

Check my moniker very well and memorize it. If you don't have anything -that will portray you as being educated or even portray you as anything close to being sensible- to write never quote this moniker.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by ladiguy(m): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
jomoh:

This is the new year and the first thing I see on NL is a numbskull quoting me. I am sure and positive this year will be great irrespective of the disappointment.

Back to your senseless comment.

Where in my comment did you read that I said the old ports will be rendered useless by the ICD?

Check my moniker very well and memorize it. If you don't have anything -that will portray you as being educated or even portray you as anything close to being sensible- to write never quote this moniker.

"Numbskull" Thats who you are. You better learn how to explain better . Happy New year and enjoy the rest of the year.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by jomoh: 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
ladiguy:

"Numbskull" Thats who you are. You better learn how to explain better . Happy New year and enjoy the rest of the year.

lol. e pain am.

So did I explain anything to you before you finally got what I said?

Go learn to read and comprehend once instead of reading upside down. Ode.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by ladiguy(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2017
jomoh:

lol. e pain am.

So did I explain anything to you before you finally got what I said?

Go learn to read and comprehend once instead of reading upside down. Ode.
Whats this one saying ?
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by jomoh: 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
ladiguy:

Whats this one saying ?

Am saying you should get a proper English education.

Specifically there's what is called "logic" in English language. It has to do with reading, reasoning and comprehension.

Trust me you need it. You'll thank your stars you met me on NL.

Ndi ara.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by ladiguy(m): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
jomoh:

Am saying you should get a proper English education.

Specifically there's what is called "logic" in English language. It has to do with reading, reasoning and comprehension.

Trust me you need it. You'll thank your stars you met me on NL.

Ndi ara.

You need to learn how to make a proper explanation .Thats all .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group / Osinbajo: Social Media Won’t Transform Lives, Join Politics / Tinubu Deliberately Put Northerners In Key Places – Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.