Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port (17933 Views)

Yahaya Bello: If President Buhari Asks Me To Jump Into Fire, I Will Not Hesitate / The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) / Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Mariotury: 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:
Please no airport, there's one at Enugu, there's another one in IMO... Use that money for something else (Fix the roads, railway anything but an airport.)

bro... they are talking about seaports here and not airport
ok?
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
Doug07034780891:

Tell the fools that do not know the importance of an airport in an economically frontline and viable state as Anambra..
What has the airports in Enugu, Imo, Port Harcourt, Kano, Oyo, Benin done to help their various economies?

Airports don't bring developments, developments bring airport.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
People and mostly fellow Anambrarians should be careful with the Obiano inland port.....he may not be satisfied with with the igbos he killed in onitsha and nkpor, he might be planning to drown us all since he connivance with army to kill us with ppython dan has failed he is looking for another alternative.....we all know the man is a murderer, arch genocidist but by NEXT year we will show the way out of Awka govt house.....no single development in anambra state, no road nothing....just specialize in killing ntinelse....he must go for anambra to develop.....we dont need him.....he can go and live with his fellow arch genocidist muhammed buhari
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Doug07034780891(m): 8:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
You don't know anything about development and how air support drives an economy. Probably you are still a school boy that knows next to nothing in the business/economic world.

Anambra owned Orient Refinery will produce ATK alongside refined PMS. This ATK is being integrated into the airport project so that international and local flights can land and purchase ATK. This is the first of its kind in Nigeria.

Again apart from the huge economic activities emanating from the state, people of Anambra forms bulk of Nigerians that owns most of the private jets.

Anambra people are great businessmen that tours round the world so having an airport in their home state to cater for their travels is a welcome development.

Anambra is ripe for 2 airports. One international and one local.

[s]
AZeD1:

What has the airports in Enugu, Imo, Port Harcourt, Kano, Oyo, Benin done to help their various economies?
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 8:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
kettykin:
Anambra needs both an airport and a sea port, it is good for every state in the south east to have international airports while states that have river to seas should have ports.

The idea of a state using the airport of neighbors is very poor idea
This is the reason why Africa is backwards and frankly it's a very dumb idea.

We should be spending scarce resources on projects that affects the populace not white elephants project like airports.

The beauty of Europe/London is the movement of people via trains.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
Doug07034780891:
people of Anambra forms bulk of Nigerians that owns most of the private jets.

[s][/s]
This part here just confirmed to the that you are clueless.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by asorocker: 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2016
Doug07034780891:
FG may have allowed Anambra to run the Port. With both international cargo airport and river port in Anambra the state would have become a mega state with international links..

If Anambra eventually makes the port funtional , first is that there would be a total industrial revolution in Onitsha which would spread to Asaba , Nnewi , Obosi. Onitsha will end sawllowing neighbouring towns with rapid build up of ware houses , export terminals , hotels , Banks.

The secret behind Dubai that we all always love to travel to is nothing but their Sea Port and their Mega Airport, Dubai has no other secrete , These 2 factors will turn Onitsha to develop towards the dubai model.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by asorocker: 8:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ponponkon what is the Abia Goverment doing with the river Port at the backyard of aba ?
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Doug07034780891(m): 8:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
But you are just a daft that does not know the importance of an airport in the fast changing world. Fvck yourself with your stark backward mentality.

[s]
AZeD1:

This part here just confirmed to the that you are clueless.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Doug07034780891(m): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
asorocker:

If Anambra eventually makes the port funtional , first is that there would be a total industrial revolution in Onitsha which would spread to Asaba , Nnewi , Obosi. Onitsha will end sawllowing neighbouring towns with rapid build up of ware houses , export terminals , hotels , Banks.

The secret behind Dubai that we all always love to travel to is nothing but their Sea Port and their Mega Airport, Dubai has no other secrete , These 2 factors will turn Onitsha to develop towards the dubai model.

That's the point and Obiano saw the bigger picture and has pursued the twin game changers- (airport and seaport) vigorously. That's where the real economic expansion and further advancement of Anambra's economy lies.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by ayokellany: 8:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
ISDKING:
Igbos are really moving forward despite fed govt neglect. May God bless u guys.

You people won't stop commenting like lunatics on NL. Igbo states do not collect federal allocation ba ?

There's another article on NL where senator went to inspect on going work on the second niger bridge.

Abi na Obiano de build second niger bridge ?
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by asorocker: 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
ayokellany:

You people won't stop commenting like lunatics on NL. Igbo states do not collect federal allocation ba ?

There's another article on NL where senator went to inspect on going work on the second niger bridge.

Abi na Obiano de build second niger bridge ?

Actually The neglect the guy could be talking of might be the East collecting the lowest allocation from the Federal Government with the lowest budgetary allocation by the federal government to the extent that in the planned $30b loan nothing was allocated to the South East.

This also inlcudes that the only project that the south east has which is the second Nigeria Bridge has been abandoned.
when you now add the abandoned property which the federal goverment committee foisted on the East and the 20 pounds policy that was designed to finish the east and pauperize them for life after the came out of the civil war with their lands devastated and their infrastructrue destroyed

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by melvin0004(m): 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
9jayes:
Port for Igbo land? I laf in Swahili
idiotic comment
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by djbobby007: 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
mn09abk:
Afonjas wont like these news
afonja already have 3 deep sea port, Igbo can only play catch up
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by sammyj: 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
While IPOD youth still claims SE is not interlock land. grin cool grin
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by kedeojo(m): 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
kennyblaze007:
And some pipo will say Obiano isn't working....
have he done it cos all what I see is we will do and that same way d president promised too and you people will be saying d govt is all about I will do. Until he start and complete them, there is nothing to cheer about cos I think it just a political talk since he would be seeking re-election next year.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by investnow2013: 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:

We should be spending scarce resources on projects that affects the populace not white elephants project like airports.

The Airport project is a Private Partnership in which Anambra State equity is Land and the 4 Lane Super highway that is ongoing!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by kettykin: 9:59pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:

Please find out how many Airports are in one state in the United States of America like California then come back and argue.

Anambra having it's own state will be the best that would happen to it.
The time Sam mbakwe started Imo airport despite the presence of Enugu airport the same sentiments were raised but today Imo airport is the 5th busiest airport in Nigeria and one of the best state airports although being managed by federal government.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by paulibling(m): 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:
Please no airport, there's one at Enugu, there's another one in IMO... Use that money for something else (Fix the roads, railway anything but an airport.)

From that umuleri to my house at federal housing onitsha is less than 30 mins and you don't want me to be coming home from France with this your yarn. Don't you know the distance of Onitsha from enugu or owerri. You did not even talk of asaba that is near but my own is my own. So we need our own.
You are wike with d in front.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by paulibling(m): 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:

Bia NWA onye mpkuke rapunu ndi Anambra aka.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by chumakk: 10:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:
Airpor
my friend, say something else. Anambra State needs their own airport. Will you be happy if everyone in your family is sharing your own wife because only you can marry?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
kettykin:

Please find out how many Airports are in one state in the United States of America like California then come back and argue.

Anambra having it's own state will be the best that would happen to it.
The time Sam mbakwe started Imo airport despite the presence of Enugu airport the same sentiments were raised but today Imo airport is the 5th busiest airport in Nigeria and one of the best state airports although being managed by federal government.
California by landmass is bigger than the whole of Nigeria.
If it was country it would have the 7th largest economy in the world.

Still want to compare Anambra and California?

By the way, how has the airport improved IMO state? Do you know any investor that invested in IMO state because it has an airport?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 11:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
chumakk:
my friend, say something else. Anambra State needs their own airport. Will be happy if everyone in your family is sharing your own wife because only can marry?
It's sad someone actually worked to send you to school.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 11:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
investnow2013:
The Airport project is a Private Partnership in which Anambra State equity is Land and the 4 Lane Super highway that is ongoing!!!
It's not about private partnership, out about using scarce resources for the good of the people.
An intercity train service would have been better as it would serve the who of Anambra.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by chumakk: 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:

It's sad someone actually worked to send you to school.
I did not go to school
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
chumakk:
I did not go to school
Would have been a waste of funds.
Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by chumakk: 11:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:

Would have been a waste of funds.
you are right. I didn't want to waste my time too because Nigerian education is pepersoup education. I anticipated that I reason like you that's why I didn't go. So your sense didn't tell you that Anambra deserved an airport? We need like two to three airports.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:

California by landmass is bigger than the whole of Nigeria.
If it was country it would have the 7th largest economy in the world.

Still want to compare Anambra and California?

By the way, how has the airport improved IMO state? Do you know any investor that invested in IMO state because it has an airport?
... I quiet understand your line of argument or your concerns but I want you to see it this way :the proposed airport in Anambra state isn't just for fun but to serve as a revenue generating machine for the state government. How? This is because other commercial aircrafts will be flying to the umuleri airport for refueling. Presently, no airport in Nigeria renders such services.Secondly, it will serve as a cargo airport for exportation of goods abroad.This will undoubtedly help to boost Anambra state revenue base. It is on this premise and its business opportunity that I supports this laudable project from Obiano. Great vision, great ambition.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Presidiotbuhari: 11:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:

It's not about private partnership, out about using scarce resources for the good of the people.
An intercity train service would have been better as it would serve the who of Anambra.
^^^
Why u de drink panadol for another mans headeche? Anambrarians want their own cargo airport built. It shouldn't be your headeche,except if u are directly or indirectly contributing to it.

My advice to u, channel this ur energy and un solicited advise to ur state governor. That is where it is needed.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by AZeD1(m): 12:23am On Dec 20, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... I quiet understand your line of argument or your concerns but I want you to see it this way :the proposed airport in Anambra state isn't just for fun but to serve as a revenue generating machine for the state government. How? This is because other commercial aircrafts will be flying to the umuleri airport for refueling. Presently, no airport in Nigeria renders such services.Secondly, it will serve as a cargo airport for exportation of goods abroad.This will undoubtedly help to boost Anambra state revenue base. It is on this premise and its business opportunity that I supports this laudable project from Obiano. Great vision, great ambition.
1) Airport profitably, is based on number of flights. Right now, there's no airport in Nigeria that is profitable.
2) You don't compete with your neighbours, you complement them. There's an airport in Enugu which is underutilised, there's also one in IMO, which is also underutilised. Has anyone tried to find out why they are underutilised? You can also count the airport at Asaba and PH as competing airports. That would make 5 airports competing against each other as against the one in the South West and one in the North.
3) Ogun state is the manufacturing capital of Nigeria and has gotten the largest FDI in that aspect because it is close to Lagos not because Ogun state has an airport.
This could have been replicated by the coming of the SE states to build high speed train that would hit all the SE states capital in 20 minutes from the Enugu airport.
4) Just before the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, there was a forum for business men and some Nigerian governors were there. The 3 South East governors gave competing presentations because they wanted to woo the investors, Lagos and Ogun gave complimenting presentations (Fly into Lagos, build your adminstrative office in the highbrow VI, build your factory in Ogun were we have land).

The South East states should be working together, not fighting against each other.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:47am On Dec 20, 2016
AZeD1:

1) Airport profitably, is based on number of flights. Right now, there's no airport in Nigeria that is profitable.
2) You don't compete with your neighbours, you complement them. There's an airport in Enugu which is underutilised, there's also one in IMO, which is also underutilised. Has anyone tried to find out why they are underutilised? You can also count the airport at Asaba and PH as competing airports. That would make 5 airports competing against each other as against the one in the South West and one in the North.
3) Ogun state is the manufacturing capital of Nigeria and has gotten the largest FDI in that aspect because it is close to Lagos not because Ogun state has an airport.
This could have been replicated by the coming of the SE states to build high speed train that would hit all the SE states capital in 20 minutes from the Enugu airport.
4) Just before the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, there was a forum for business men and some Nigerian governors were there. The 3 South East governors gave competing presentations because they wanted to woo the investors, Lagos and Ogun gave complimenting presentations (Fly into Lagos, build your adminstrative office in the highbrow VI, build your factory in Ogun were we have land).

The South East states should be working together, not fighting against each other.
I totally agree with your first paragraph. I don't completely agree with your second paragraph. Reason? This is because Enugu airport is an international airport and not an international cargo airport.The proposed one in Anambra is meant to be a strictly an international cargo airport. Where manufacturers, producers can export their goods abroad.And also cargo goods from abroad can come into the airport.Under this arrangement, it doesn't accept international flights rather only local flights.It only accepts cargos to be delivered abroad.Asking Anambra govt and Ndi Anambra to use other nearby airports for their cargo exportation is indirectly denying them the economies of scale, value chains, revenue accruement that could have hitherto comes to the state if they have their own airport. We are in a recession where the govt is preaching for States to source for alternative ways of making revenue. Amongst those nearby airport you rightly mentioned, it is only Sam Mbakwe airport in owerri that is a cargo airport.And it is a local cargo airport.And that airport is rightly serving the needs of abians, imolites. Adding an additional huge cargo production from Ndi Anambra will really overstretched owerri airport.And moreover, owerri airport doesn't deliver cargo abroad.

Finally, your 3rd and 4th and last paragraph is unnecessary. You are straying from the topic. Let's stick to the topic.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:10am On Dec 20, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
I totally agree with your first paragraph. I don't completely agree with your second paragraph. Reason? This is because Enugu airport is an international airport. The proposed one in Anambra is meant to be a strictly cargo airport. Where manufacturers, producers can export their goods abroad. Under this arrangement, it doesn't accept international flights rather only local flights. Asking Anambra govt and Ndi Anambra to use other nearby airports for their cargo exportation is indirectly denying them the economies of scale, value chains, revenue accruement that could have hitherto comes to the state if they have their own airport. We are in a recession where the govt is preaching for States to source for alternative ways of making revenue. Amongst those nearby airport you rightly mentioned, it is only Sam Mbakwe airport in owerri that is a cargo airporkt. And that airport is rightly serving the needs of abians, imolites. Adding an additional huge cargo production from Ndi Anambra will really overstretched owerri airport.

Finally, your 3rd and 4th and last paragraph is unnecessary. You are straying from the topic. Let's stick to the topic.
Don't mind the Edo boy, I don't know his concern over Anambra airport

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Sanwo-olu, Ibori Mourn Demola Seriki, Nigeria's Ambassador To Spain / Alex Otti Assigns Portfolios To Abia Newly Sworn-In Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.