Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed (22277 Views)

Acient Law That Never Fail U Need To Read It Yourself / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Protected From Armed Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by emerged01(m): 9:45am On Dec 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

can you elucidate on that " insane" part?

last time I checked, saying "god told me to do it" like Joshua, David, Moses would make mental asylum your permanent home in developed countries
Psalm 14 vs 1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by dreezybines: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2016
ichommy:

Yes, But will FG approve it?

Lailai...

They'll never never approve it...

If the Christians even allow I trust my Muslim brothers to scatter everything...

Remember we have more Muslims in our government...

So probability of it happening is a 0%...

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2016
sugarwiz:
Were dey unprotected before?
I just don't get it.... how will he protect religious people from terrorist attacks?
Yes they were and that has nothing to do with proteting religious people from terror attacks....not like isis discriminates?
Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by blackaxe78: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2016
Long over-due!

Nigeria highly needs such laws!
Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by blackaxe78: 9:50am On Dec 20, 2016
emerged01:

Psalm 14 vs 1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Who composed the Psalm 14 vs 1 you quoted? God or David? grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by MrCork: 9:51am On Dec 20, 2016
Immorttal:
For the first time, atheists and other nonreligious persons are explicitly named as a class protected by the law.

President Barack Obama has signed into law the Frank Wolf International Religious Freedom Act. The new law protects atheists, humanists, and other freethinkers around the world from religious persecution.

Congress passed the international religious freedom bill protecting atheists, humanists, and other non-theists last week with overwhelming bipartisan support, and Obama signed the legislation into law last Friday, Dec. 16.
The new law explicitly protects atheists, humanists, and other non-theists, and upgrades the 1998 International Religious Freedom Act. In particular, the new law states:

The freedom of thought, conscience, and religion is understood to protect theistic and non-theistic beliefs as well as the right not to profess or practice any religion

The Act also condemns “specific targeting of non-theists, humanists, and atheists because of their beliefs” and attempts to forcibly compel “non-believers or non-theists to recant their beliefs or to convert.”

Commenting on the new law, Caroline Mala Corbin, professor of law at the University of Miami, said:

The new law has some really interesting language in it. It takes an expansive view of religious liberty, saying freedom of religion is not just about the right to practice religion. It is also about the right to have your own views about religion including being agnostic and atheistic

Religious News Service reports Corbin also links the president’s signing of this act to another first:

President Obama was the first president to explicitly acknowledge nonbelievers in his inaugural address, so this seems to fit into his legacy vis-a-vis nonbelievers

The American Humanist Association is celebrating the new law. In a press release the group explains the importance of the new, updated legislation:

The persecution of openly humanist and atheist writers has become an area of increasing concern especially after the string of murders of secular bloggers and publishers by religious extremists in Bangladesh. The American Humanist Association, along with other international advocates for religious freedom, have also been critical of the flogging of secular writers in Saudi Arabia, as well as a Saudi law that equates atheism with terrorism

In a statement, Roy Speckhardt, executive director of the American Humanist Association, said:

The American Humanist Association is proud to see this historic legislation signed into law and looks forward to working with the US Department of State to ensure religious liberty for non-theists and religious minorities abroad. That non-theists are now recognized as a protected class is a significant step toward full acceptance and inclusion for non-religious individuals, who are still far too often stigmatized and persecuted around the world

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/12/obama-signs-new-law-giving-protection-atheists

SHAME...this is good newws for gay men like *Falconey* from nairaland..shame on gay people(((shame on obama))) angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 20, 2016
It goes both ways... Christians and Atheists do the same thing... both sides have their militants that argue and ridicule the other side.

goldiam:
Christians don't have issues with atheist,rather atheists are the ones always looking for ways to make people think like them.Always coming up with unnecessary arguments against Christians and their belief.Simple rules of life live and let's live.
And that was how one came online few days ago eating and tearing the Bible as if it will change anything.
Abeggi make dem go sit down for shit like my momma use to say.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by lakesider(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2016
kevoh:
Obama is the anti_christ! angry How can he agree to sign such demonic law of freedom? angry Doesn't he know that atheism is dying everywhere due to the spread of internet use? tongue

Christianity and Islam came in same way aethism is coming in . this is a new world . we can't continue the old way

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by yedidiah(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2016
He should also sign Christian protection bill. Christians are the most vulnerable and discriminated sect in modern America. Too many unfavorable laws against Christianity particularly since Obama became President. Ask him he will tell you he wants to make America a home for all. No wonder terrorism has increased in the land.
Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by blackaxe78: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Good one. Let's all be sane and believe the bastard of a Jewish baby mama died for my sins over 2000 years ago. That is sanity.

Simple Logic!

How can a sane being be so gullible to have believed that a baby mama in far away Middle-East gave birth to child who later died for the sins of the whole world. grin grin grin grin

Jeez! Its just absurd... It amazes me how people believed that joke

5 Likes

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by lakesider(m): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2016
NubiLove:
It goes both ways... Christians and Atheists do the same thing... both sides have their militants that argue and ridicule the other side.

I want to disagree a bit .
no one has killed anyone in the name of atheism
but 100s of millions of lives have been lost to Christianity
#christianiyisviolence

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Orikinla(m): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2016
Why Dreams And Prophecies Make Atheists Dumb - Religion - Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/3527480/why-dreams-prophecies-make-atheists

1 Like

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by randomperson: 9:56am On Dec 20, 2016
emerged01:

Psalm 14 vs 1

Like bill gates, zuckerberg and the rest of them?

5 Likes

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Orikinla(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2016
lakesider:

#christianiyisviolence

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by daywatcher: 9:57am On Dec 20, 2016
Such law would not be required if christians and muslims were did not show negative attitudes towards atheists

1 Like

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by blackaxe78: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2016
lakesider:

Christianity and Islam came in same way aethism is coming in . this is a new world . we can't continue the old way

Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 20, 2016
What she said was about making another person think like them.... and all I was saying is the Christians and Atheists have their militants (Evangelists or Propagators)... who go out of their way to get new converts to their way of thinking....

There are Atheists that put effort into making other people think like them (Propagators of the Atheism Ideology)
There are Christians that put effort into making other people think like them (Evangelists who believe that is their "calling" - whatever that means)

lakesider:

#christianiyisviolence

1 Like

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Orikinla(m): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2016
randomperson:

Like bill gates, zuckerberg and the rest of them?
You don't know what you are taking about.
I met Zuckerberg on August 31, 2016. And as you can see us in the attached picture, we had no dispute. And we communicate daily.

Hearsay has led many people astray.
~ Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, Author of The Prophet Lied and other books.
https://www.amazon.com/author/ekenyerengozimichaelchima
https://twitter.com/247nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by sugarwiz(f): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Yes they were and that has nothing to do with proteting religious people from terror attacks....not like isis discriminates?
I mean if der is a law protecting atheist den Christians must b protected too.
It doesn't make sense, religious groups are d most threatened in d world ryt now

1 Like

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by dreezybines: 10:06am On Dec 20, 2016
Ovamboland:

But Christians are commanded to make every one else think like them by presenting the salvation argument. Why will a true Christian feel bad or threatened by another person or group presenting their own argument?
If you are sure of the truth and superiority of your own argument, you can never feel threatened by alternative views.

A "Christian" will never force you to become a Christian...

You'll never see a "Christian" abusing other peoples believe...

So there's nothing like "Salvation Argument"...

If I preach to u and tell u to give your life to Christ and you don't, I will never force or argue any matter with you...I'll just go my own way knowing I've done my part as a "Christian"...

A "Christian" should never argue with an atheist because the Bible already said "A fool says in his heart there is no God"...

So arguing about salvation with an atheist will only make me a fool.
Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Good one. Let's all be sane and believe the bastard of a Jewish baby mama died for my sins over 2000 years ago. That is sanity.

Ha!ha!ha!

I laugh at you. By the time satan finishes with you, it will be too late for you. You are not even up to the toilet roll of lucifer. You open you mouth to type rubbish, I pity you. Continue with you satanism, when you die, you will know the truth.

JESUS CHRIST is the saviour of the world: He is the way, the truth and the life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by sonofluc1fer: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2016
jusRadical:

Jesus Christ did not save any body, not even himself. How ca a 33 year old God be killed by 3 nails? I don't know who he died for o, but its not me.. Just a stupid God hated by his own people. Nothing concern me.
May you be greater than Jesus.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by kevoh(m): 10:09am On Dec 20, 2016
lakesider:

Lol...my quote was a sarcastic one. If you are a regular person on Nairaland religion section you will get the joke immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by persius555(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2016
He can take the law to Saudi Arabia for all I care. Nonsense
Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by truthstands11: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

I don't understand you. Explain what you mean. I hope you are not in any way trying to insult my Lord and personnal saviour Jesus Christ who left his glorious throne in heaven to come and die for my sins which is the reason for my salvation in God today.
I really need you to clarify that word 'bastard' because if you are referring to my Lord Jesus Christ, just know you committed sacrilege against God Almighty and for sure, you'll never go unpunished.
Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by TheDauraMallam: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

6 Likes

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Omudia11: 10:19am On Dec 20, 2016
I'm not delusional sir. Hating Islam is justifiable. In the past year alone, all the suicide bombers the world has recorded has been Muslims. The twin tower bombers were Muslims and their act was even celebrated in the middle east (its even on tape). You don't see american Christians posting all over social media that Christians should be annihilated, only "militant atheists", do. Atheists don't lose their jobs on their positions on atheism, only Christians do.

Muslims having a hard time? Lol. Do you know what happens to Christians in most Islamic countries? Let me not even go too far, northern Nigeria is a case study.

LightandDarkness:

Lol don't be delusional. Majority of religious Americans are Christians, Muslims are having a harder time now than you are. Also not every atheist wants to wipe out religion.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Omudia11: 10:23am On Dec 20, 2016
Lol.. Don't mind that one. He possesses the entire host of hell in him obviously. A day comes when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess Jesus Christ as Lord!

Even Satan acknowledges there's a God so don't mind that minion.
jusRadical:

Ha!ha!ha!

I laugh at you. By the time satan finishes with you, it will be too late for you. You are not even up to the toilet roll of lucifer. You open you mouth to type rubbish, I pity you. Continue with you satanism, when you die, you will know the truth.

Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by Mujaheeeden: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2016
Seun:
Should we have such a law in Nigeria?
NO
Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by chiefololade: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2016
Darkkarma:

Sorry, I understand where you're coming from, heck, everyone is entitled to "freedom of speech" but I can't blame you really., you have your own beliefs, others have theirs, I'm not against atheism, it's an individual choice, but if someone decided to make a decision, the least you could do is have a little respect for it. How certain are you that your own beliefs are the ultimate, that your own god, whoever or whatever that may be or may not is the supreme?? WHAT IF the one you just insulted turns out to be the true one?? It's such a pity, a keyboard, , Computer system, display screen and an internet connection is all one needs to display their ignorance these days, No brains needed.
100% sure your device is 9999% smarter than you'll ever be.
( Oofense Intended!!)

To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it.
G.K. Chesterton

He had just about enough intelligence to open his mouth when he wanted to eat, but certainly no more.
P.G. Wodehouse

I hope you will repeat this epistle when your brothers in faith start calling Prophet Muhammed names
Re: Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed by truthstands11: 10:27am On Dec 20, 2016
Obama, so this is the best you can come up with in your last days in office. What a shame? That's why the Almighty God disgraced you in the election on November 8. Very unfortunate. USA that is built on God by founding fathers hence 'In God we trust' on the currency but you brought pollution to this beloved land of God. You will go down in history as the worst president of USA. Don't worry, Trump will wipe out all you evil policies including same sex marriage and bring God back to the white house and in USA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Takes Succour To Flood Victims In Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra, Kogi / Do You Believe In Life After Death? / Tb Joshua - 'Pray Against The Interruption Of Democratic Practice (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.