Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? (22621 Views)

What Is The Estimated Cost Of This Floor Plan? / I Need Advice On The Estimated Cost Of This Duplex Please! / Estimated Cost Of Building Ground Floor Of A Story Building. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by MAXIMAL123(m): 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nice one, the BOQ not Bad

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by EngrOsas: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
jeftalene:

My great colleague, I was just trying to clarify a growing misconception.
Very sorry if you weren't comfortable with that.

Compliments of the season to you!

Compliments.
And I do check your blog regularly. U doing a good job.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by 9inches(m): 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
sensegiver:
Madam congrats!

Couple of things to note.

1.Try to replace the 6inches blocks to 9inches. 6 inches are ok for partitioning but I still prefer 9inches. Most ladies prefer 9inches to 6inches anyways tongue

2. Am guessing you want to monitor this remotely, its tough but very doable. Shop / buy your materials yourself. You will save alot.

3. Run very very far from anything Brabus, N3xt or Nexthome. Treat like a plaque.

4. Ask as many questions as possible. Person wey dey ask for direction hardly lost o.

I wish you God's speed. It will be a success.

3strikes!!!

That's the truth madam... 9inches is better!

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by olumide4christ: 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:

Ur website is quite detailed and helpful if someone is purchasing materials but wen it comes to certain part of labour it's abit confusing.

For example , most iron benders contract the job and will not accept day pay. In my case , how much is an ideal payment for the iron work on the foundation?
however , i

The cost of labor for iron bending work is okay...we QS use an estimate of N20-30k per tonne for iron bending labor.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Chekitaut: 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
Frankgoz:

My brother where on earth is setting 10k in this country I will advice u not 2 mislead this woman. Is inly a one unit shop u can set out 4 dat price.
Any setting out from us is 10k una wan kill her, in the bill no german floor in it, Is a PAD foundation with block setting.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Chekitaut: 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:

Location is opic estate , badagry express way, agbara axis.

It's a dry land. So regular upstairs foundation.

I think the blocks are too much, 2000 blocks to foundation?? How many blocks would then then finish the house?

And if iron bender is 18k a ton, am using 1/4 and 3/4 which is a total of 2tons approximately, which should be 18x2=36k , so why am I being charged almost 200k?

Will upload the plan
Ma, is one ton not approximate 2. Whatsapp me
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by ghetto101(m): 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
I know you or you have done a job for me before does not give me the reason to believe everything you say and we are talking about bussinessss here,all she wants is ur advice and if you can't give it to her you move on.

Frankgoz:

He has built 2 flats 4 u and still u had all d reason in the world to distrust him on social media. As for the quotation u mentioned I still dont see professionalism in that eventhough is a part quotation.

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by olumide4christ: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:
Hello all

I want to your opinion on this estimate, i think it's its high but my contractor insists there is no west we could do it cheaper.

Foundation for 6 flats, i.e Of 2bedroom each. 3flats ground floor and 3flats upstairs.

Is there any area of this estimate that we might be able to reduce to make a saving?

Spydder880
Mufutau55
Erico2k2

All experienced builders in the house pls chip in smiley

On the whole..this quote seems to be average, not on the high side.

BUT very importantly, take note of Oga Spyder's point about the quote being generally low for the building you posted. I totally agree with Spyder on this...trust me, down the road, the builder will come asking for more money and/or materials to complete the foundation.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Chekitaut: 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
johnson232:

Stop saying what u don't know @bold...

No professional will do setting out for 10,000.
In the quotation i m seeing 30,000 which is fair.

10,000 or + for professional fee
- or 5,000 for transport depending on the location
10,000 or + for materials
5,000 for one labour & carpenter

This the template for pricing setting out...
Oga materials is not inclusive, Some people sha! If you are giving this job will you add setting out after supervision of that amount, There are thing you will let go for big job. "a spoon with tea, you are after the drop under it forgetten that the real tea will pour off."
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:

Not really sure,

I bought mine 7yrs ago, I wasn't even there.

U can check on nairaland , there are lots if estate agents that can help
Can you provide me links to some of them. I can't use Nairaland that well.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by olumide4christ: 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
Just a simple question for those with genuine experience which will cost more ,foundation or decking?

In 95% of 'genuine' cases (where building standards are followed), foundation costs more than decking/suspended floor slab.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Chekitaut: 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
olumide4christ:

In 95% of 'genuine' cases (where building standards are followed), foundation costs more than decking/suspended floor slab.
Not in all cases Bro
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by olumide4christ: 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
Chekitaut:
Not in all cases Bro

Take note of this...."in 95% of genuine cases" (where building standards are followed)
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Chekitaut: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
olumide4christ:

Take note of this...."in 95% of genuine cases" (where building standards are followed)
95% is too much thats my point, Land topography matters. Most experience Decking is more.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Chekitaut: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:

Hm

Maybe I need a cheaper plan then,

I normally send him money as am not in the country.
Ma, 6inch block will be required after the german floor, Opic, Agbara is still good but the prices is much i still insist. The iron bender is not folding any rings while would the price that much
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by PqsMike: 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
ArcSEMPECJ:
hmmmm...oga you have done your part when you talked about Bill of quantity but saying you can manage the site based on your profession....is something I wonder what the building industry has turned into...

Okay thanks,

But it will interest you to know that NewHome is not just an individual... This is a company...we have registered Architects, and Mostly certified structural engineers with several years of experience in the construction industry.......

Our services include;
* Architectural/Structural designs(with approval stamp and seal)

* Preparation of Bill of Quantity/Quotations

* Building Construction and Suoervision

* Project Management

We have handled projects for some Nairalanders in;

- AKURE, ONDO STATE
- IJEBU ODE OGUN STATE (ongoing)
- PORTHARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- AWOYAYA, LAGOS STATE

Why not contact us to eliminate your doubt.

Regards
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by olumide4christ: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
Chekitaut:
95% is too much thats my point, Land topography matters. Most experience Decking is more.

Bros, I don't what your profession is, but all construction professionals (architects, engineers, etc) know that the QS is the professional who knows about building costs more than others.

Therefore, as a QS of over 10 years experience, I can categorically tell you that when foundations are built to standards & not some quack/caricature ones we sometimes see here on Nairaland & elsewhere, they will surely cost more than a decking anytime any day unless the foundation is just strip foundation..of course we know that only bungalows have strip only foundations & thus no need for decking.

Take a raft foundation for example...you have ground beams, ground floor bed with reinforcement along with massive filling. Compute the costs vis-a-vis just a suspended floor slab/decking with small floor beams...a foundation costs more.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Babs612000(m): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
spyder880:
The quote is questionable enough. Under this present price regime, you cannot do this foundation of that house I am seeing with N1.539m.

1. The cement quantity is so small that I doubt if he plans to do an over site concrete on the foundation. If you blind that foundation, cast the column bases and then cast the pillars, you would have spent over 100 bags on 3 flats foundation.

2. 2000 blocks will be too little to do this size of foundation if the foundation depth is up to 1 meter and you plan to raise the foundation high enough to prevent flooding. I don't understand why you have to use 6" blocks inside the foundation? Is that the design of the building? Can we see the structural drawing page?

3. The excavation for only N65k? Maybe the land is too soft or trench not too deep. What depth did the structural drawing prescribe?

YOU.......SAID......IT.......ALL.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Chekitaut:
Ma, is one ton not approximate 2. Whatsapp me

U are right oo

My maths has alway been bad ,lol
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 12:04am On Dec 25, 2016
olumide4christ:

Bros, I don't what your profession is, but all construction professionals (architects, engineers, etc) know that the QS is the professional who knows about building costs more than others.

Therefore, as a QS of over 10 years experience, I can categorically tell you that when foundations are built to standards & not some quack/caricature ones we sometimes see here on Nairaland & elsewhere, they will surely cost more than a decking anytime any day unless the foundation is just strip foundation..of course we know that only bungalows have strip only foundations & thus no need for decking.

Take a raft foundation for example...you have ground beams, ground floor bed with reinforcement along with massive filling. Compute the costs vis-a-vis just a suspended floor slab/decking with small floor beams...a foundation costs more.

I rest my case.
[quote au
9inches:

That's the truth madam... 9inches is better!
th
EngrOsas:

Compliments.
And I do check your blog regularly. U doing a good job.
or=Chekitaut post=52224890]Any setting out from us is 10k una wan kill her, in the bill no german floor in it, Is a PAD foundation with block setting.[/quote]

I have been so restless all day

All this wahala for an area where rent is barely 250k per annum.

Is this even worth it?

Am exhausted
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Babs612000(m): 12:06am On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

U are right oo

My maths has alway been bad ,lol

To bebe2 my advice is that you buy all the materials and have extra 500k to what he quoted.
I don't know why he is quoting 6" for foundation block even you don't use 6" blocks on the first floor.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Chekitaut: 2:01am On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:
thor=Chekitaut post=52224890]Any setting out from us is 10k una wan kill her, in the bill no german floor in it, Is a PAD foundation with block setting.

I have been so restless all day

All this wahala for an area where rent is barely 250k per annum.

Is this even worth it?

Am exhausted
Ma nothing to be scared about with the rent, That road islike an international road very soon it will be open rent will surely increase. I get you affordable building materials.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 2:23am On Dec 25, 2016
Babs612000:

To bebe2 my advice is that you buy all the materials and have extra 500k to what he quoted.
I don't know why he is quoting 6" for foundation block even you don't use 6" blocks on the first floor.

He was trying to Lower cost, he said he will use it for demarcation.

Hm 500k from where?

Unless things come down small
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by true2home(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
It's good that you clarify the difference because I assumed you are one person using different Monika.

[

quote author=jeftalene post=52211867]

My great colleague, I was just trying to clarify a growing misconception.

Very sorry if you weren't comfortable with that.

Compliments of the season to you! [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by ghetto101(m): 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hello Erico2k2,

Please can i have your contact details

hismerhill:

When I saw d quotation from d beginning I applaud d guy who put dis together for u he has done a great job, but my educated experience prompt me to ask myself if all u wanna do is develop just a bedroom out of dis building again ur drawings and ur drawings and response to comment prove me wrong..

Firstly I lay bold to tell u dat d blocks aint enoff for fdn because I stay at agbara and I no our land very well. dat aside, d cement will not be enoff...

To cut it short sir/ma u need d service of QS who will give u an unprice bill for each stage in d construction of d project..

Example from fdn to DPC also known as German floor or oversite concrete. U no d amount of blocks, cement, iron rods, cost of work force and u will able to plan ur budget sir!ma..

In construction d client is d overall Engineer so u av to always be on d know to avoid unnecessary expense..

Aku odun
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Babs612000(m): 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
bebe2:

He was trying to Lower cost, he said he will use it for demarcation.

Hm 500k from where?

Unless things come down small

Please you don't Lower cost when it comes to building a house like that this is not a bungalow remember one floor is still going on it.
It is better you do the right thing now don't manage.
The 500k is just for extra but l know you will definitely spend more than what the man quoted.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by erico2k2(m): 9:31am On Dec 31, 2016
ghetto101:

Hello Erico2k2,

Please can i have your contact details

U got Email
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by ghetto101(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year bro

s.ewel@yahoo.fr

erico2k2:

U got Email
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by ArcToyin(m): 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
Dauraking:
The OP should please give me the phone number of the architect that drew the plan. I have a 90ft by 150ft land to build similar building. Thanks
Am an architect, I can also help you out if you u haven't gotten one.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Badgers14: 9:11am On Mar 22, 2017
bebe2:
Hello all

I want to your opinion on this estimate, i think it's its high but my contractor insists there is no west we could do it cheaper.

Foundation for 6 flats, i.e Of 2bedroom each. 3flats ground floor and 3flats upstairs.

Is there any area of this estimate that we might be able to reduce to make a saving?

Spydder880
Mufutau55
Erico2k2

All experienced builders in the house pls chip in smiley

Do you mind sharing the size of your plot of land?

I am thinking about a similar project but i have 50 x100 and was wondering if it will fit on the land.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:20am On Mar 22, 2017
Badgers14:

Do you mind sharing the size of your plot of land?

I am thinking about a similar project but i have 50 x100 and was wondering if it will fit on the land.

The plot is 100x100

But that plan is for half the plot,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Fight With My Landlord / Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly / Genuine Land For Sale @ Alao Akala Way akobo Ibadan WITH PICS,Good Location.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.