Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics (24603 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / What Certifications Are Necessary For A Graduate Of Banking And Finance. / Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by marv1: 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
Stop saying that my dear. I used to have the same thought too when i left university close to 2 decades now. But i have learnt a lot in this life. There is nothing that is not dignifying in frying akara. Behind every great success there is always a story. No condition is permanent. What about phd holders driving trucks of Dangote only to be laid off after a yr. What is less dignifying than that. Akara frying is not stealing or robbery. If i happen to meet such a person i will make sure i buy akara from him eueryday because i want to be part of the guy's success story. Like i said b4 i have seen successful people rose from frying akara. There is dignity in labour. Like i said b4 also he is not ur size neither are u his size. That is the space he can occupy for today, he will grow with it in a space of time, he wont die there. No condition is permanent.
dam007:
marv1 i'm not criticising him.. He's got his life, I've got mine. What I'm saying however is that, being a university graduate, selling Masa should not even be considered an option, somethings are dignifying and some are not!
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by ephi123(f): 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kondomatic:
And this is the only thing he could think of doing after years in school? I am disappointed

*Modified*

All these people spewing thrash in my mentions need brain transplant. This guy is a graduate for Christ's sake and there are much more better thing he could do instead of frying whatever the hell that is.
.. I know folks like him over here. They put too much hope in their certificate.

"Chairman let's go site together today, work dey and the need more people"

He will say.

"Bro, i for like to go but e get place wey i wan go submit cv"

always submitting cv and going for interview . I have never seen such lazy person.

When you come back from site he will expect you to give him something because he's not working. Many graduates are just lazy.

Here's a guy(a graduate for that matter) that's obviously in his twenties frying something and you expect me to clap for him?

For what exactly?

What EXACTLY are you saying?

One second, you say you are disappointed he chose to do this job.

The next minute you say "I know folks like him over here. They put too much hope in their certificate....always submitting cv and going for interview . I have never seen such lazy person. "
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Kondomatic(m): 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:

What EXACTLY are you saying?

One second, you say you are disappointed he chose to do this job.

The next minute you say "I know folks like him over here. They put too much hope in their certificate....always submitting cv and going for interview . I have never seen such lazy person. "
He's not doing any job.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
Babzilla:
Only in Nigeria people look down on hard work
That's what Christianity has caused, pastor will cast out the spirit of suffering and poverty in you, meanwhile all you are doing is working hard.It's a broken society and religion has caused even more trouble than politicians.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by ephi123(f): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kondomatic:
He's not doing any job.

Last I checked, a job is a task or piece of work, especially one that is paid.

So basically in your opinion, it is better he sits idle at home?
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Kondomatic(m): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:

Last I checked, a job is a task or piece of work, especially one that is paid.

So basically in your opinion, it is better he sits idle at home?
Is being idle or frying this thing his only option?
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by ephi123(f): 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kondomatic:
Is being idle or frying this thing his only option?

Well, it obviously is, besides that's his decision to make, not yours. No one has the right to castigate a honest living.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by dyangprof(m): 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
[quote author=omoISEYIN post=52152397]
That is a careless discharge, do you think he is happy with himself but he has to do something and that is reality.....
He has so many other things we can do but he chose to be clean with his hustle.
If he had stolen am sure millions will shout 'KILL HIM'. If you cant help him don't hold him back.
if you cant patronise him, just try to encourage him.......
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by toye440: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
proud of u bro keep flying d flag
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by obstead200(m): 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kondomatic:
And this is the only thing he could think of doing after years in school? I am disappointed

*Modified*

All these people spewing thrash in my mentions need brain transplant. This guy is a graduate for Christ's sake and there are much more better thing he could do instead of frying whatever the hell that is.

I know folks like him over here. They put too much hope in their certificate.

"Chairman let's go site together today, work dey and the need more people"

He will say.

"Bro, i for like to go but e get place wey i wan go submit cv"

always submitting cv and going for interview . I have never seen such lazy person.

When you come back from site he will expect you to give him something because he's not working. Many graduates are just lazy.

Here's a guy(a graduate for that matter) that's obviously in his twenties frying something and you expect me to clap for him?

For what exactly?
ironically, I fully agree with u. the guy could do way better than this, no matter how hard the recession is biting; (assuming the original story is true sha).
There are parts of the story that do not make sense to me. looks like a blogger's cheap attempt to gain traffic. the guy does not even look like someone that is actually selling that stuff, can't u see the way he is fully dressed?
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Kondomatic(m): 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:

Well, it obviously is, besides that's his decision to make, not yours. No one has the right to castigate a honest living.
I didn't castigate him or his job. I was simply disappointed in because of what he is doing when there are limitless opportunities out there.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Kondomatic(m): 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:

I didn't castigate him or his job. I was simply disappointed in him because of what he is doing when there are limitless opportunities out there.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by jolak5(m): 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
The guy lack meaningful knowledge. Let's stop encouraging mediocrity.
What should he have done? I need ideas, it wont be bad if u cud share
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by ephi123(f): 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kondomatic:
I didn't castigate him or his job. I was simply disappointed in him because of what he is doing when there are limitless opportunities out there.

Please state the "limitless opportunities out there" - you think he hadn't exhausted all his options before arriving at this point?
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Kondomatic(m): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:

Please state the "limitless opportunities out there" - you think he hadn't exhausted all his options before arriving at this point?
You can't exhaust your options until you take your last breathe
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by ephi123(f): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kondomatic:
You can't exhaust your options until you take your last breathe

I don't think there is any point arguing further with you. The bottom line is the guy is engaged, whatever people like you think about what he is doing is totally irrelevant.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Kondomatic(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:

I don't think there is any point arguing further with you. The bottom line is the guy is engaged, whatever people like you think about what he is doing is totally irrelevant.
Sweetheart, my opinion is irrelevant and yet you won't let me give it in peace?

Nnem, I do not want to argue with you, that's why I have been giving you short direct replies.

What he's doing is isn't bad, after all it is not illegal but it's not something that I will advice graduate to do and it's not something we should celebrate a graduate that's engaged in it.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Kondomatic(m): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
obstead200:

ironically, I fully agree with u. the guy could do way better than this, no matter how hard the recession is biting; (assuming the original story is true sha).
There are parts of the story that do not make sense to me. looks like a blogger's cheap attempt to gain traffic. the guy does not even look like someone that is actually selling that stuff, can't u see the way he is fully dressed?
Well, some people are calling for my head because I am not comfortable with what he settled for after spending years in school.

We celebrate mediocrity, that's our problem
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by Adekanmi02: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
Well, I know this man in the picture, he is very industrious and always not allowing whatsoever comes around him weight him down. As a corps member, he made more money from bleach making, soap making and organising tutorials on it in our LGA. Believe me, entrepreneur, job creators, service providers like this should be encouraged rather than mocked, because with all sincerity this is what our economy needs @ this present time... Job creators who are not ashamed to make money legally. My view.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by dungburu: 6:01am On Dec 23, 2016
Adekanmi02:
Well, I know this man in the picture, he is very industrious and always not allowing whatsoever comes around him weight him down. As a corps member, he made more money from bleach making, soap making and organising tutorials on it in our LGA. Believe me, entrepreneur, job creators, service providers like this should be encouraged rather than mocked, because with all sincerity this is what our economy needs @ this present time... Job creators who are not ashamed to make money legally. My view.
I know him to be hardworking too, I have contacted him, he said it is one of the jobs he has created so far that he just came around to assist his employees and that he makes more money from it than a graduate that earns 50k in a month. According to him, he gets contracts from celebrants and hotels where they have 3 days seminars or symposium.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by ajabani4allah(m): 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
dungburu:
A graduate of Ahmadu Bello University has resorted to the Selling of Masa popularly known as woina (Rice Puff Puff) after his several and abortive job - hunt.

According to him, several attempt has been made to get a job and even a menial teaching job of N10,000 but no company, School or organisation has called let alone flashed. He said most of the companies Managers do tell him they are looking for means to reduce their workers let alone recruit as a result of the current economic recession.

He said he has skills in producing different kinds of disinffectants like Bleech, Izal, liquid soap, hair cream and so on and that as a matter of fact he is a successful candidate in the Bank of Industry online and In class Young Entrepreneur Support Programme that stands him the chance of been eligible to obtain the loan of N5 million but the over night demand of two guarantors by BOI which were not noted earlier in their conditions before applying shattered his dream of becoming an Entrepreneur as no body he knows that has assets worth of N5 million or a civil servant that can stand in the gap as guarantors.

He also lamented that no message was sent to him as regards the N-power programme so, he couldn't assess the portal for the N-power online assessment.

When asked if he won't feel bad or shy if the pictures of him Selling Woina gets to social media as some of his friends who are working already or girl friends might see him? He replied (Who shyness helped for this recession) that he has been a hustler right from Primary school and his mother has told him the very first day she gave birth to him to be a man.

Guy I salute ur courage, just keep this up, there will be a successful ending to ur hustle by His grace. Remember the second phase of the npower job is still there for u.
Re: A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
MarshRiley:

He should probably had become a terrorist so he can bomb your useless brain,since you don't use it
grin shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria / Yay!! Push Cv Just Congratulated Me!!! / What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.