Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients (34052 Views)

Lagos State Government Starts Sale Of Lake Rice For Eid-el-fitr / Crowd Waiting To Buy Lake Rice At Ikorodu. PICS / Lake Rice Now Available At N12,000 Per Bag. See Where To Buy Them In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by gbadexy(m): 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
intruder15:

what's the process involved. intend going there tomorrow. lemme know what to expect
You first get a ticket then go make payment at uba and bring the teller back there for registration.
Then you wait till they bring the rice.
They haven't brought it when I left around past one.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Melanogaster(m): 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
danot1030:
You no know his type?

They are children of hate from the red soil region, they are sadist that are never happy at good thing expecially when it's not coming from their region.
I pity their children undecided.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by frankloloko: 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
Melanogaster:

Wetin dem do u? Is it because, the rice isn't for export only?

The difference between 12k and 19k is simply that the former has provided hundreds of direct and indirect jobs from pre-farming to farming, harvesting and processing. This will no doubt strengthen our local economy.

The rice was launched yesterday and they started selling today, in fact people didnt get the rice till later this afternoon so wait till the rice on fire is done or ask the two Governors who ate the rice yesterday.

Good food is key to healthy living true, but the rice you have been eating since birth, who vouched for the quality of such rice? And who told you the imported rice that was produced thousands of miles away and far from your inspection is a sign of healthy life?

And lastly, is the plastic rice currently trending made in Nigeria?

Grow your economy, support locally made products, encourage quality, criticize but don't condemn.
I know you have wide mouth . Continue !!
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by ItzHoludex(m): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
bokunrawo:
Lake rice ko river rice ni, yeye government

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by frankloloko: 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
willibounce1:

Oga them no force you... as you can see, people are already buying
dullard Nigerians ... Are buying it .
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by frankloloko: 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
obstead200:

it is official.

u are now an idiot
just like you
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by habbi080(m): 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
intruder15:

lol... which of the centres did you get it Frm. what's d process involved?
Ikorodu North, no process.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by MrEdimulo82(m): 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
Silvereze:
I wanna get this straight... is Lagos state Government sharing free rice to its indigenes?

Nope. LASG is selling her locally produced rice at 12k against the 19k imported.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by intruder15(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:
and u follow for leaders of tomorrow. chai

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by presentley: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:
How does it taste ? What's the difference between 12 and 19k ? Nigerians are just too stingy . Has anyone here tasted sealed rice ? That's is what all these politicians eat . Imagine obj is more than 80yrs and still going strong . Good food is the key to healthy living . I can't risk my life buying this rice .
which one is sealed rice?
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by naptu2: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
This is probably the most successful of the agricultural scheme that started in 2011.

The Lagos State Government started a lot of schemes for unemployed youths in 2000. Unemployed youths, destitutes, area boys, etc were rehabilitated, trained and in some cases, given loans to start businesses.

c2011, the programme was expanded to include agriculture. Several model farms were established in Badagry, Epe, etc and the rice mill at Imota was expanded.

However, it was discovered that Lagos does not have enough land for farming. The government also wanted the state to be able to produce the food it needs, rather than depend on imported food. So the government signed agreements with several states, including Ogun and Kebbi states, for the acquisition of land and production of food.

Part of the agreement says that citizens of Lagos will beemployed to work on the farms.

https://www.nairaland.com/1085430/lagos-harvest-10000-hectares-land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by psalmsjob: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:
How does it taste ? What's the difference between 12 and 19k ? Nigerians are just too stingy . Has anyone here tasted sealed rice ? That's is what all these politicians eat . Imagine obj is more than 80yrs and still going strong . Good food is the key to healthy living . I can't risk my life buying this rice .
I tire for you o...7k is the Difference between 19k and 12k go and steal that at Onitsha and come back here if you make it back to tell us how big an amount it is.

A healthy body starts from the mind, OBJ doesn't think or reason the way you do is the most plausible reason why he is that strong not necessarily the sealed rice you claimed you have heard of but probably never eaten.

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by naptu2: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
naptu2: Do you know that Lagos State has acquired farmland in Ogun State and is in discussions with Kogi and other states to acquire more farmland in those areas? Do you know why it is doing this? That's the story of the YES Agricultural Empowerment Scheme for unemployed school leavers and others.

Programmes like these are not as sexy as cable stayed bridge and Eko Atlantic City, so they don't get as much column inches in the newspapers.

GARRI (x7):
[size=14pt]Lagos acquires 50 hectares of land in Abuja, and Ogun to cultivate food[/size]

The Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has revealed that the state government has acquired about 50 hectares of land in Abuja and neighbouring Ogun State for cultivation of food to support its agriculture and job-creation scheme.

Fashola made this known on Wednesday while he was speaking about the state government’s agricultural scheme as he was presenting the states 2013 budget estimated at N497.277billion to the State House of assembly.

Admitting the challenge of limited land in the coastal city, the governor stated that “due to the limited amount of land the State has to cultivate, the administration is pursuing a radical alternative of acquiring land for farming outside Lagos.”

According to the Governor, “the administration has already secured 50 hectares in Abuja, and Ogun State which is four times bigger than Lagos in land size for cultivation.” He added that “other States such as Bauchi, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo and Katsina are favourably considering the State’s requests for farm lands.”

The administration is also cultivating 75 hectares of land for rice under its Rice for Jobs programme while the irrigation project to improve, yield and produce rice per hectare is progressing positively in Badagry.

Reeling out his administration’s further achievement in the agricultural sector, the governor stated that the 500 hectares of land was recently allocated for rice farming to feed the Imota Rice mill just as his administration has successfully completed the Imota Rice Mill in Ikorodu, the Erikorodo Feed Mill, the Erikorodo Chicken Processing Plant, also in Ikorodu and revitalized Ikorodu Fish Farm Estate.

The governor added that in Epe, the Agric Youth Empowerment Scheme is progressing with the training of a new batch of 200 graduates for whom the Executive Council recently approved the release of N500M that will be given to them shortly along with one hectare of land per farmer to enable them start formal production.

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/31/lagos-acquires-50-hectares-of-land-in-abuja-and-ogun-to-cultivate-food/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.nairaland.com/1090048/lagos-acquires-50-hectares-land

[size=14pt]Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State[/size]

miqos02: The Ogun State Government on Wednesday allocated 500 hectares of land to the Lagos State Government for agricultural purposes.

The government said this in a statement jointly signed by the governors of Ogun and Lagos states, Ibikunle Amosun and Babatunde Fashola, at the end of a meeting between the two states.

The meeting which lasted about one hour was held at the Government House, Oke-Igbein, Abeokuta.

The statement added that the land in Eggua, Yewa North Local Government Area would be used for agricultural development.

It also said the letter of allocation for the land was presented to Fashola during the meeting.

Amosun also handed over Certificate of Occupancy of Iju Water Works to Fashola during the meeting.

The statement reads in part, “The request for agricultural land by Lagos State Government has been granted and a letter of allocation in respect of 500 hectares in Eggua (Yewa North) was presented by Amosun to Fashola.

“The Certificate of Occupancy (CofO) in respect of Iju Water Works was also handed over to the Lagos State Governor, while re-connaissance of Adiyan Water Works land area is ongoing.”

The two governors re-affirmed their committment towards regional integration of the South-West.

src: http://www.punchng.com/news/amosun-fashola-meet-over-boundary-dispute/

https://www.nairaland.com/1084470/gov-amosun-allocates-500-hectares

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
helphelp:
I never finish my plastic rice from China

Funny guy, how is the digestion going?
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Silvereze(m): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2016
MrEdimulo82:

Nope. LASG is selling her locally produced rice at 12k against the 19k imported.

That's good.. Is the rice produced in our country. Thanks for answering
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by stunning4real: 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
ISDKING:
Contaminated rice.Only d sincere ones wl tell u d truth.
how is it a contaminated rice?

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by willibounce1(m): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:

And bitter ipod flattinos are angry

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by stunning4real: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
Some people's mindset/mentality needs purging. Instead of appreciating good thing they are here splitting nonsense out of their mouth.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by stunning4real: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Silvereze:

That's good.. Is the rice produced in our country. Thanks for answering
yes its a joint locally produced rice from Lagos State and Kebbi State
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Puzzo10: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
This is a step further on the growth,and development of Nigeria..am so proud of this state... Keep it Up..

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by almarthins(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:

Well done obj personal assistance. Na so una go dey form.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by almarthins(m): 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
ISDKING:
Contaminated rice.Only d sincere ones wl tell u d truth.

You bros dem dey import plastic rice, you no talk o! Now see natural rice, now you come here come dey run ur mouth.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by INFOTECH2: 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
Keziehenry:
Yeye gwoment

Why insult the government?
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by dabossman(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
gbadexy:
I was at teslim Balogun stadium earlier but the process seems too strenuous.

It is expected that there will be an initial rush, but the depending on the quantity available for sale, the long queues will probably reduce with time.

See queues to buy iphones immediately it was released below. And that is considered by many to be a luxury item.How much more food?

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by dabossman(m): 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:

Oga, what is sealed rice? It is not a brand or specie of rice but a method of packaging to preserve it for 4-5 years or even more. It is basically vacuum sealing the rice in a bag or container. It adds nothing to the nutritional content of the rice. You even have oxygen free white rice storage which can help to preserve the rice for up to 30 years,basically by storing in oxygen free containers at a certain temperature range.

No con dey bobo us for here abeg.

3 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by toprealman: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:
devil you know, more like.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by holland002(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
bokunrawo:
Lake rice ko river rice ni, yeye government
lipsrsealed

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by duni04(m): 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
I want to first of all laud the CBN for coming up with the anchor borrowers program. Nigeria's rice output has more than trippled since the inception of the program.
Then i must condemn the attempt by the state governments of Lagos and Kebbi to take us back to the stone age by controlling the price and distribution of food. No government in any state should be allowed to fix the price of food for any reason, they have no business doing that. The government should be providing roads for safe passage of agricultural commodities from the north to the south, and not competing with market forces for the sale and distribution of food at subsidized prices. The government should be encouraging private enterprises to delve into the transport and distribution of food. Now we're going to have rice round tripping and hoarding as government workers that have access to the Lake rice can go and rebag and resell the rice at market price of N21,000. I have no idea why a state governor, that went to school, will come up with a system that will result in people queuing for food in the 21st century!
We all know government is very inefficient in doing business. We've seen it with the refineries, the national air carrier, national shipping carrier, the NNPC, almost every business the government engages in, even the Lagos water corporation is grossly inefficient.
What makes the Lagos state government think it can make LAKE rice an exception?
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:
There are still people earning 7k as their monthly salary in this country, so goan ask them that question! undecided
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by kokomilala(m): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
Why are people cynically calling the LAKE RICE all sorts of distasteful names?It's wholesome rice, as opposed to the polished rice which we are used to, which is rubbish as far as nutrition is concerned.Foods fall basically into two classes in terms of nutrients and quality: whole foods and refined foods.If a food is refined, the fibre content is taken away.What is left is sugar.It's laid bare.E.g.Agege bread,parboiled rice etc.Whole foods, on the other hand, have their fibre content intact, like brown rice, of which this LAKE RICE is a breed, plantain, beans, fruits and vegetables.etc..
We should seriously review our eating culture as a nation in order to stem the scourge of the diseases of civilization like cancer, diabetes etc, which are very much implicated in the current season of diseases inchoatingly afflicting our nation.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Emassive(m): 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
In 2016. Nigerians queued up to purchase Rice. Africa's Giant..lol lizard of .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man / Which Business Can One Do With ₦1.5 Million? / Banks And Blood Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.