Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients (34060 Views)

Lagos State Government Starts Sale Of Lake Rice For Eid-el-fitr / Crowd Waiting To Buy Lake Rice At Ikorodu. PICS / Lake Rice Now Available At N12,000 Per Bag. See Where To Buy Them In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Silvereze(m): 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
I wanna get this straight... is Lagos state Government sharing free rice to its indigenes?

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by abdul4new(m): 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nigeria is finished people are rejoicing over ordinary bag of Rice for #12000 when the same bag of Rice was sold at #8500(Foreign) this January.
May God purnish our leaders for inflicting this hardship on Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
idupaul:
Essential commodity has returned ..after this will be Oil then sugar then milk...issoright

what a country!!

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Mutuwa(m): 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
LorDBolton:
I love that NO LASSRA NO LAKE RICE.

Time to confirm your lag residency

I hope they do take biometric data, we need to widen n upgrade our information gathering techniques.

Too bad till today babies are born and not properly documented nationwide

*falls from train laughing*

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by wollexie1106: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
obembet:
I believe FAYOSE and WIKE will come in a new dimension.. Still waiting.......

like FAWI Rice
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by RockHard: 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lol. Na strategy to control the crowd.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Bitterleafsoup: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hummm do they have any other food agency checker besides NAFDAC?
How is this new stuff allowed in market without testing?
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by kolexxy: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
Melanogaster:
No LASSRA ID, no Lake rice. Thats coming from people who have managed to get to some of the locations earlier advertised..

Here are some picture testimonies of those who have gotten the lake rice!

I hope all part of lagos will get this lake rice....Iyanu A Shele...
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by lurdkriss: 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
No LASSRA ID no lake rice!!! That's rubbish, watin concern I'd with rice wey person wan buy, nonsense undecided
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Melanogaster(m): 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
kolexxy:

I hope all part of lagos will get this lake rice....Iyanu A Shele...

As long as greedy and heartless Nigerians wont hijack it.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by mkoabiola: 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
All cos of rice,lagosians should go n face another stress under d sun because of LASSRA ID.
Yeye
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by chilariye: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has introduced a new anti-graft policy that provides up to 5 percent reward for whistleblowers for exposing fraud in both public and private sectors.
Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun disclosed this to State House reporters after a cabinet meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday.
She said “If there is a voluntary return of stolen or concealed public funds or assets on the account of the information provided, the whistleblower may be entitled to anywhere between 2.5% (minimum) and 5% (maximum) of the total amount recovered.
“You must have provided the government with information it does not already have and could not otherwise obtain from any other publicly available source to the Government.”
She said the policy, devised by her ministry, is to encourage anyone with information about a violation, misconduct or improper activity that impacts negatively on Nigerians and government to report it.
Adeosun said the policy was aimed at increasing exposure of financial or finance related crimes; supporting the fight against financial crimes and corruption; improving level of public confidence in public entities, enhancing transparency and accountability in the management of public funds; improving Nigeria’s Open Government Ranking and Ease of Doing Business Indicators, and recovering public funds that can be deployed to finance Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit.
According to her, information that can be submitted include: mismanagement or misappropriation of public funds and assets (e.g. properties and vehicles); financial malpractice or fraud; collecting/ soliciting bribes; corruption; diversion of revenues; fraudulent and unapproved payments; splitting of contracts; procurement fraud (kickbacks and over-invoicing etc.)
She said a whistle-blower is any person who voluntarily discloses information in good faith about a possible misconduct or violation that has occurred, is ongoing, or is about to occur.
The minister, who noted that there was a secure online portal where information could be submitted, said: “If you have already submitted your information, you can also check the status of your report on the portal.”
Noting that the policy does not apply to personal matters concerning private contracts or agreements, she said whistleblowers could submit their information through the online portal by e-mail or by phone.
On who can make use of the portal, she said anybody with the required information including but not limited to: workers; agencies and all members of the public.
She said whistle-blowers could submit their information anonymously, adding that they could submit documentary evidence on the portal and provide specific and fact-based information, such as what occurred, amount involved who was involved and dates of occurrence on the portal.
The minister said the whistleblowers would be fully protected if they choose to disclose their identities.
“If you whistle-blow in public-spirit and in good faith, you will be protected. If you feel that you have been treated badly because of your report, you can file a formal complaint. If you’ve suffered harassment, intimidation or victimisation for sharing your concerns, restitution will be made for any loss suffered.
Adeosun said the information provided would be reviewed and analysed to determine whether or not to open an investigation on the matter.
The minister assured that investigations would be confidential, objective and speedy.
On information about a criminal case, she said: “That has been considered. It will be referred to the relevant agencies; Police, the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission or the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
She said there would be sanctions for individuals or corporate bodies involved in diversion of public funds as they would be referred to anti-corruption agencies for possible prosecution and blacklisted from working with or doing business with the government.
Asked if there is protection from false or malicious claims, she said: “Yes. A first level review will always be carried out to determine credibility and sufficiency of information received. If you report false or misleading information, it will be referred to the enforcement agents for investigation and possible prosecution.”
The Resource Centre for Human Rights and Civic Education (CHRICED) has commended the new initiative of compensating whistle blowers with some percentages of recovered loots.
The Executive Director of the centre, Dr. Ibrahim Zikirullahi told Daily Trust last night that it is a welcome development.
“Whistleblowers need protection and compensations. This will create incentive and motivate citizens to expose graft if well implemented,” Zikirullahi said.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by michealade(m): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
One nairaland data dude scammed me this morning...guys beware..
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by billyG(m): 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:
How does it taste ? What's the difference between 12 and 19k ? Nigerians are just too stingy . Has anyone here tasted sealed rice ? That's is what all these politicians eat . Imagine obj is more than 80yrs and still going strong . Good food is the key to healthy living . I can't risk my life buying this rice .
u are telling me obj eat only foriegn rice that y he last this long.i wept 4 u children of nowadays no rice u wail,now 9jerian rice u wail more,them take china rice swear 4 u?

4 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by baba11(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Melanogaster:
No LASSRA ID, no Lake rice. Thats coming from people who have managed to get to some of the locations earlier advertised..

Here are some picture testimonies of those who have gotten the lake rice!

How is the crowd there like?

Hope it will not be a situation of paying now and get your package next year?
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by bazzyblings: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
Keziehenry:
Yeye gwoment

Dem do bad ? Una go complain . Dem do good ? Una go complain .. smelling boy . U can't even spell government

I wonder if you go school ..mumu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by ivandragon: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
some Nigerians are funny...

between 1999-2015, you could buy your BAGS of rice at anytime at the rate of N9000-N10000 per bag without breaking a sweat. no hassle, no queue.

by December 2016, it takes you 5 hours to buy a bag of rice at N12000 & said bag of rice can only be purchased with conditions attached & you call that progress?

anyway, people are buying fuel at N145 per litre up from N87 & they say 'that's progress'...

I marvel at the way some people reason. 1984-85 loading...

however, kudos to Lagos/Kebbi for taking the bull by the horn.

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by intruder15(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
gbadexy:
I was at teslim Balogun stadium earlier but the process seems too strenuous.
what's the process involved. intend going there tomorrow. lemme know what to expect
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Reey2726: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
[Don't mind him quote author=Melanogaster post=52162644]
Wetin dem do u? Is it because, the rice isn't for export only?[/quote]
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by seguno2: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
idupaul:
Essential commodity has returned ..after this will be Oil then sugar then milk...issoright

Badluck Buhari is in charge.
What do you expect?
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by habbi080(m): 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
After this queue and I manage buy this Lake rice @ 12k, if e kn cum gud eeeeh. Make i kn talk....
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by seguno2: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
ivandragon:
some Nigerians are funny...

between 1999-2015, you could buy your BAGS of rice at anytime at the rate of N9000-N10000 per bag without breaking a sweat. no hassle, no queue.

by December 2016, it takes you 5 hours to buy a bag of rice at N12000 & said bag of rice can only be purchased with conditions attached & you call that progress?

anyway, people are buying fuel at N145 per litre up from N87 & they say 'that's progress'...

I marvel at the way some people reason. 1984-85 loading...

however, kudos to Lagos/Kebbi for taking the bull by the horn.

You sef.
It is not progress alone oh.
It is also called CHANGE.
Welcome to Buhari's Nigeria.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
Keziehenry:
Yeye gwoment

Children of darkness will be unhappy at the appearance of light!!

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by intruder15(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
habbi080:
After this queue and I manage buy this Lake rice @ 12k, if e kn cum gud eeeeh. Make i kn talk....

lol... which of the centres did you get it Frm. what's d process involved?
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by irishMO123(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
naptu2:
LASRRA = Lagos residency card. https://www.nairaland.com/1446102/lagos-state-residents-registration-unveiled

https://www.nairaland.com/2614516/lasrra-lagos-residents-collect-permanent

I guess it's to ensure that you don't buy more than one bag.
yes,to regulate hoarding ....else some people ready to buy 1000 bags keep for warehouse

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Omooniya1: 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
good development!!
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Handsomecole(m): 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Men this Snake rice go sweet ooo!!!
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by danot1030: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Melanogaster:

Wetin dem do u? Is it because, the rice isn't for export only?
You no know his type?

They are children of hate from the red soil region, they are sadist that are never happy at good thing expecially when it's not coming from their region.
Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by willibounce1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
frankloloko:
How does it taste ? What's the difference between 12 and 19k ? Nigerians are just too stingy . Has anyone here tasted sealed rice ? That's is what all these politicians eat . Imagine obj is more than 80yrs and still going strong . Good food is the key to healthy living . I can't risk my life buying this rice .

Oga them no force you... as you can see, people are already buying

4 Likes

Re: First Batch Of Lake Rice Recipients by Charly68: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
Keziehenry:
Yeye gwoment
Where do u live ? In the village & not in Lagos I believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man / Banks And Blood Money. / Gtbank Launches Nigeria’s First Virtual Mastercard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.