Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) (36872 Views)

BET Awards 2019 Winners (Full List) / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Headies Awards 2016: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by 1wolex85: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2016
ikorodureporta:

except that....bt what is Darey's song still looking for?? Is it suppozd to b nominated?? Darey wey neva get any hit song b4......
Dare's Pray for Me was released after the deadline for submissions for headies last year had passed.
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by 1wolex85: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2016
realBliss:

shut up, messi was FIFA best player of the year when angel dimaria won Argentina best player of the same year... please explain that to me?

Did you really have to start with an insult? Why is it so personal? Secondly, you are comparing football and Music even at that, before you make conclusions, what is the criteria for choosing the Argentine footballer of the year? Until you look at that you can't conclude. Stop being emotional and look at the definition of the award. Among those nominated, none of them has been more critically acclaimed than Wizzy, that is the definition of the award.

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by UjSizzle(f): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2016
ikorodureporta:
Darey won 2 awards with that song, but Timi Dakolo was not mentioned....una try! ......bsides, e b like say Ayo don giv lalasticlala & sevn xmas cake, with more than 10 headies threadz on f.p undecided
Timi won 2015 headies.
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by timidapsin(m): 10:49am On Dec 23, 2016
aalangel:
Timidapsin you're a coordinated person. You made it very easy to read and understand. Not liike some people that cluster their write-up.

...Adekunle won nothing That's my next TuBaba.
....Where are those people insulting Illbliss...I grin grin grin at you all.
thanks.. Even though it caused me hours to arrange it, you have just made it worth it by appreciating smiley

3 Likes

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by kizzybusky(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=Chiefpriest1 post=52184893] Tekno had a good year, but he has no album and from what I learnt, as far as you dont have an album, even if you have spent 29 years in the industry, you are still next rated.

Pana is definitely a good song, probably the biggest, but Bobo yen proud jor. He should go and sit down.

d guy pride too much, he won breakthrough act @ MAMA, but he's bigger dan nxt rated because na naija award... mr Eazi my nxt reated
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 10:57am On Dec 23, 2016
No hate but Mr.Eazi over ycee ycee was banging in east and west, which eazi song can u compare with jagaban

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by olobain1: 10:58am On Dec 23, 2016
Wh be Mr eazi?
mediocre:
Mr Eazi?? Damn let me die cry
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by alex81(m): 11:03am On Dec 23, 2016
in concur with u bro. luv dat song by reminisce

emyddon:
To think reminisce didn't win any award. Eyan May weather is no match for Asalamalekun.
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by aalangel(f): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2016
timidapsin:
thanks.. Even though it caused me hours to arrange it, you have just made it worth it by appreciating smiley

I'm a News Editor and I appreciate orderliness in writing. Even if it takes time, it's worth it. Well done again.

2 Likes

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by AbuMikey(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2016
ireneony:
Those musicians that didn't show up are arrogant, especially marvin crew. They are feeling like heaven and earth then forget nothing last forever. No matter the way things are, always show respect.

In everything you do always remain humble.

Those artists that didn't show up are all hypocrite! How much is their networth Are they up to $500k? No!

Mavins are in Côte d'voire for a concert. undecided

They didn't deliberately stage a "no show"
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Mufasa27(m): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2016
realBliss:

if illbliss change from rapping in English to Igbo so that will make him a bad rapper... same thing happened to reminisce and vector.... guy you're not a fan of rap song for you to say that illbliss doesn't deserve the award
Ah swear he doesn't, he says nothing in his songs, other than bragging like an empty barrel that he is.. We know better rappers when will see 'em.. Vector still remains Nigeria' s rap King forget That biggie wannabe grin

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by horlardiclassic1: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2016
angry ;DI hope dey wont collect next rated award frm mr eazi nd tell us its a mistake, only if yhu guys get wat i'm trying 2 say

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Twizzy30(m): 11:36am On Dec 23, 2016
Jagaban is still a badt jam anyday anytime. Fucck illbliss
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Wizzyblack3(m): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
docmajor:
Wizkid's song didn't win. Anything. Yet he won best artist of the year. With what na. He is where I am seeing fire without smoke. Naija sef
Let me have a good laff to dis, am not even thinking about this,,,, but like seriously, damn how the hell did he manage to win that? Naija i hail o!
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by ikorodureporta: 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
Opiletool:

Not a fan of darey, but you goofed big time by saying he has no hit song to his name. 'fuji music's was a hit song back in the days, 'not the girl' won several awards home and abroad. we're you born yesterday? maybe that is the reason you have no knowledge of these songs.

...i knew Darey as Cool fm's OAP before he startd this byforce music career. Do u really feel anytyn in thoz songz u listd? Mayb we hav diff listening freq.
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Opiletool(m): 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
ikorodureporta:

...i knew Darey as Cool fm's OAP before he startd this byforce music career. Do u really feel anytyn in thoz songz u listd? Mayb we hav diff listening freq.

I also feel the guy is very much overrated. But 'Not the Girl', at that time was a very unusual romantic song from Nigerian Music Industry. Let's tell the truth.

'pray for me' is a nice song, but I feel is a rip off of Timi dakolo's 'wish me well'

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by papoose180(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
smileyLol,he deserves lyricist on d role category because he did very well on the song....deep lines with good wordplay....he rained supreme on the beat wink
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Afeezcoay(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
So Reminisce Alaga ibile didn't get any award last night ?
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Worksunlimited: 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
Love the fact that kiss Daniel won more than two awards.. His album was not just dope but had content and passed a message across..

It's really a hard thing for an album to have songs that speak to the heart of others and the hearts having no choice buh to accept it's proposal of calmness..

When he released about 22 tracks for his first album.. People lamented.. But when they gave it a listen.. They realised the dude had alot to say..

Big ups, Kiss Daniel!

I see him been a big replacement for tubaba... #MyOpinion
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Zedoo(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
With all due respect to hiphop. Eyan mayweather Really?? Whack lyrics back to back with salty flow??
Scared of olamide??

Soldier over reggae blues as collabo of the year? Well debatable...

Fada fada over reggae blues as song of the year.... Very laughable....

Maybe e-money pulled this...
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by urboy4real1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=Chiefpriest1 post=52184893]I think those who are criticising Ayo Animashaun, whose company organises the award should cut him some slack.

I don't support mediocrity, but this guy has paid his dues in the industry. Its not easy organising an ordinary birthday for your one-year-old sef.

Everybody knows how difficult things are right now. Advertisers and sponsors are drastically cutting their budgets for sponsorship of such shows.

MAMA, MTV, BET, AMVCA etc are big budget events running into millions of dollars, yet Ayo scrapes himself every year to make sure this event to recognize Nigerian artists is held every year. Kudos bro.

If we don't support our own, nobody will. Hopefully, he will take the criticisms in his strides and improve next year.

And these same artists he has supported all through decided to shun his event. What could he have done? Go and force them out from their houses?

Its easy to hold your phone in the room and deride someone else's sweat. Enough of the mockery.

For those mentioning Tekno, in every game there are rules.

Tekno had a good year, but he has no album and from what I learnt, as far as you dont have an album, even if you have spent 29 years in the industry, you are still next rated.

Pana is definitely a good song, probably the biggest, but Bobo yen proud jor. He should go and sit down.

Correct bro i see u...if we dont support our own who will
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by swagkingcole(m): 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
rotexteymie:
YAGI And Adekunle Okay o sad

No Rukkie??

Rukayat grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
how come remininsce asalamalekun did not win any award and illbliss is winning and award for best lyrics on the roll. and the guy also beat falz for best rap album. not being tribalistic oh am even an igbo boy but that guy does not deserve any award.
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by ebby9z(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
Stupid award. How will you give shaydee best male vocal over Ric Hassani, Darey...
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by ebby9z(m): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
ikorodureporta:

Are you serious? In terms of good, standard music in Nigeria, Darey stands as a beacon. Is it because he doesn't sing skibiroboriskibororo undecided
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by kingtinnie(m): 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
1wolex85:

Did you really have to start with an insult? Why is it so personal? Secondly, you are comparing football and Music even at that, before you make conclusions, what is the criteria for choosing the Argentine footballer of the year? Until you look at that you can't conclude. Stop being emotional and look at the definition of the award. Among those nominated, none of them has been more critically acclaimed than Wizzy, that is the definition of the award.

So SHUT UP na major insult now.....
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by kingtinnie(m): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
Chiefpriest1:
I think those who are criticising Ayo Animashaun, whose company organises the award should cut him some slack.

I don't support mediocrity, but this guy has paid his dues in the industry. Its not easy organising an ordinary birthday for your one-year-old sef.

Everybody knows how difficult things are right now. Advertisers and sponsors are drastically cutting their budgets for sponsorship of such shows.

MAMA, MTV, BET, AMVCA etc are big budget events running into millions of dollars, yet Ayo scrapes himself every year to make sure this event to recognize Nigerian artists is held every year. Kudos bro.

If we don't support our own, nobody will. Hopefully, he will take the criticisms in his strides and improve next year.

And these same artists he has supported all through decided to shun his event. What could he have done? Go and force them out from their houses?

Its easy to hold your phone in the room and deride someone else's sweat. Enough of the mockery.

For those mentioning Tekno, in every game there are rules.

Tekno had a good year, but he has no album and from what I learnt, as far as you dont have an album, even if you have spent 29 years in the industry, you are still next rated.

Do yo know how much trouble your school goes through to organise , and mark your exams..and do you know how you would raise hell if you were to be failed in a course you know you passed?

Same principle applies here...we know the organisers are trying but as the saying goes..anything worth doing is worth doing well...
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by 1wolex85: 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
kingtinnie:

So SHUT UP na major insult now.....

No be insult na complement
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by kingtinnie(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
1wolex85:

No be insult na complement
Who am i to argue with ur 5 year old mentality
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by 1wolex85: 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
kingtinnie:

Who am i to argue with ur 5 year old mentality
That's how you left the issue to chase frivolities. It shows who's not grown up
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Mojoy88(m): 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
Headies? isokay! Pls when is Leggies?
Re: Headies Awards 2016 List Of Winners (Full) by Duru009(m): 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
Illbliss remains the best this country has produce......

He is the most consistent......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido's 'Blow My Mind' Ft. Chris Brown Hits 1m YouTube Views In 11 Hours / 10 Most Viewed Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube! / Swazzi Features Nyeka Douglas In "Jollof" Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.