Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,546 members, 7,840,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear (21395 Views)

Plateau Christians Defy Killings, Worship In Burnt Church / "Buhari Will End Recession In 2017" - Olumba Olumba / How Is Christmas Preparations In Your Location? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Baroba(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
Qmerit:
Misleading tittle, cause u visit Onitcha doesn't mean only there is where it's happening right now, bia visit other places where xmas is celebrated nation wide and come back for the full gist.. if u re truthful, u would be surprise Onitcha won't be in unit 1. ( 1 to 10) as the busiest for xmas
palava.

The title is in no where misleading, the writer did not say other parts of the country are not celebrating, he / she specifically wrote about on going activities in Onitsha leading up to xmas, the article never mentioned other parts or made comparisons..

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

Pentium da goat pro is a fool and a certified one
You said it yourself
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Yyeske(m): 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
Onitsha and recession can never be equated nor even quoted together

Guys are making and chopping money seriously here, just that guys don dey enter villa and thinning onitsha out.

The town don dey dry as usual during Xmas when all markets are shut down till next year and most residents traveling
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
Emycord:
Chukwu okike abiama is helping us to make bricks without straw in this land of captivity meanwhile the ten plagues is biting nigerians hard but in the goshen region the israelites are living life to the fullest. Despite the scorpions david is still dancing. And the lord said to the igbos behold i give you power to trample upon snakes and scorpions. Soon and very soon moses nnamdi kanu shall wield the rod of God over the river benue and niger to divide them so the children of chukwu okike abiama shall pass on dry ground unto the land promised to our great ancestor ojukwu
Hahahahahaha
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
pls ooo. I just want u to explain ooo. How is the ten plaques affecting Nigeria and it not affecting south east. Abi naira no dey fall against dollar for south east, or na different price them they sell petrol for south east
To the other room in your god boko haris words
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by WomanOfRace(f): 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2016
tundafayaBuhari:
I know you are highly obsessed about me. My problem is that you have stretch marks. You are a fan bitche

Good evening sir; try be a gentleman. You are clearly insulting her.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
tundafayaBuhari:
I know you are highly obsessed about me. My problem is that you have stretch marks. You are a fan bitche
The guy is obsessed and should be sentenced to 14 years for trying such nonsense
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
WomanOfRace:

She is not a her she is a he and a gay for that matter
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by adisaigbo1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
Emycord:
Chukwu okike abiama is helping us to make bricks without straw in this land of captivity meanwhile the ten plagues is biting nigerians hard but in the goshen region the israelites are living life to the fullest. Despite the scorpions david is still dancing. And the lord said to the igbos behold i give you power to trample upon snakes and scorpions. Soon and very soon moses nnamdi kanu shall wield the rod of God over the river benue and niger to divide them so the children of chukwu okike abiama shall pass on dry ground unto the land promised to our great ancestor ojukwu
Awwww.....such a touching Biafra story. Good morning

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by WomanOfRace(f): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
PentiiumProf:
She is not a her she is a he and a gay for that matter
Holycow! I'm so sorry.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by TeamSimple(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
ISDKING:
Funny enough that recession is bitting harder on those that voted for change. No matter how bad this country is, igbos can never be hungry.
If Christmas is not in top gear in Onitcha, were would it have been? Gombe? Or Damaturu?

It's just like the news tellings us Sallah is in top gear in Yola.

As for the Yorubas,everything ain't news worthy.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by glossy6(f): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Even me defie recession. 2 goats don dey ground, 2 bags of aroso, cow meat and live chicken to spice it up. Enough drinks to keep the kids happy.

No dulling. I can't feel the recession because I did not vote for change.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Emyogalanya: 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Emycord:
amen
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by jimsource: 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
The south-east is for Jesus, who neither sleeps nor slumber! so, I am not surprise, cos God will defend His people any day, any time. SHOUT H-A-L-L-E-L-U-J-A-H UMU CHINEKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by tundafayaBuhari: 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
WomanOfRace:

okay dear, but she was abusing my igbo brothers and I hate it. I don't spare anyone that makes caricature of my race. I am a gentle ooo. I will pet her.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by stinechykee: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
arabianights:
Am a northerners but you spoke the truth and nothing but the truth. However the north might not be as industrious as igbo, but we also cane we start as na we dey grow tomatoes, legumes, rice etc.. Eating salad is nothing to the poor man here infect he can eat it every day
My Northern friend God will bless you for being honest and sincere and confermed the truth about the Igbos unlike those Afonjas that are full of jealousy,hate,witches and wizard souls and they alaways hate any good things that comes out from Igbo land.I keep saying it that Igbos and Housas understand and respect themselves but where we Igbos have problems with them is there mind of killing but aside that we respect ourselves and its funny enough that the North Yorubas worship and lick there ass hate them with passion and average Northern man preferred Igbos over Afonjas
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by oonix(f): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
abumeinben:
No Calabar carnival the year?
u no dey watch TV?
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by abumeinben(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
oonix:
u no dey watch TV?

TV still dey exist?

grin
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by nummyjenny: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello, i'm just quickly reaching out to you to share something exciting with you right now which I believe would blow your mind just like it blew mine.

*Currently:*
1bitcoin = $845
1Bitcoin = N439400
4Bitcoins = N1,757,600

So imagine having 2 to 5 to 10 to 50 to 100 bitcoins. What difference would that make in your life?

If I could show you the easiest way to earn up to 50 bitcoins in less than 180days, would that be something you would love to learn?
We organize daily training by 4pm(Nigerian time) where we share the incredible idea with every participants about the easiest way to achieve well over 16 Bitcoins in less than 6 Months (over $100,000) just by working with your phone phone and the social media.

I know what you are thinking now; (impossible! right). That was my response too when I was first told. Why not find out for yourself by joining us in any of our online meetings via WhatsApp.

Click on this link if you would love to be a part of today's meeting

https:///6UGmeNH3RZACI7n3Xvkaxw
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by WomanOfRace(f): 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
tundafayaBuhari:
okay dear, but she was abusing my igbo brothers and I hate it. I don't spare anyone that makes caricature of my race. I am a gentle ooo. I will pet her.

Hahahahaha ok; though PentiiumProf said she is a he (gay) I don't know how true that is(none of my business).

I stand with you.

Merry Christmas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by sharpchap: 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Recession in igboland ?? Impossible

We don't have hardship or recession in our dictionary

No one is poverty stricken or hungry in igboland

We don't and will never rely on the government

Igboland have the highest number of self made independent millionaires in the entire Africa

I would have killed myself if i wasn't from igboland

gwa fa. Proudly from obodo dike, NKPOR.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
lolz. Yeye dey smell

So there is no accident in ur region
There is no erosion or flood in ur region
There is no murder or kidnapping in ur region
People in ur region are getting better forex than other tribe in Nigeria
Continue living in self denial
one thing with we Igbos if one of your family members is acting abnormal, other family members goes to God in prayer to rescue them. Erosion is natural phenomenon so we are looking for way out.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Qmerit(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
Baroba:

The title is in no where misleading, the writer did not say other parts of the country are not celebrating, he / she specifically wrote about on going activities in Onitsha leading up to xmas, the article never mentioned other parts or made comparisons..

Ok: I just went it again, I never did that b4,
Thanks and compliment of the season!
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by caracas: 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

Those clowns are weirdly funny!! grin
They see everything from the prism of their villages.
E pain am
But wait oo the way u masturbate on every igbo thread
Am Just wandering how many igbo guies have used n dumped u . tongue
No offence pls Just a thought....Just a thought. grin
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by tundafayaBuhari: 4:59am On Dec 25, 2016
WomanOfRace:

Hahahahaha ok; though PentiiumProf said she is a he (gay) I don't know how true that is(none of my business).

I stand with you.

Merry Christmas
thanks dear. Merry Christmas to you and your family

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by sammyj: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2016
Ignoramus and dumb answer as expected !!!! grin grin grin
obataokenwa:
mere mortal has no answer to that. all I know iswhatever we do shall proper because there is no bloodshed to our record in this country. Yorubas and Hausa's jointly shed the blood of 3million Igbo without just cause and they keep doing so till date. Gowon is paying his own dearly now cos the last time i checked, the Hausas has turned against the middle belt and killing them like goat. I see genocide in that part of the country. for the Yorubas, I feel sorry cos soon everything will fail them like it did in the Bible and they won't have anywhere to run to. Lagos will soon be consumed by flood and sea raging. Oya say what u want.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by bigfrancis21: 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
orimsamsam:
pls ooo. I just want u to explain ooo. How is the ten plaques affecting Nigeria and it not affecting south east. Abi naira no dey fall against dollar for south east, or na different price them they sell petrol for south east

Many Nigerians don't understand the power of economics, business or capitalism. Whenn you do business or exchange services for money, you're gradually collecting and accumulating money from the pocket of other people, the masses. That's how you grow rich. Someone who grows from nothing to a millionaire tomorrow by doing business, how did he grow? His N1m simply came from the pockets of other people who simply and willingly gave him money for his services. The same N1m which was formerly in the pockets of the masses have exchanged hands and transferred to the hands of the entrepreneur. This is the power of economics. When you begin to understand this and how money works, then would you appreciate entrepreneurship. Money does not disappear. It only exchanges hands. With nearly half or possibly more of SEners into entrepreneurship, you would expect them to have more money in their pocket than the average civil servant. Remember, there's a limit to how much you can make as a civil servant but as an entrepreneur there's no limit.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Many Nigerians don't understand the power of economics, business or capitalism. Whenn you do business or exchange services for money, you're gradually collecting and accumulating money from the pocket of other people, the masses. That's how you grow rich. Someone who grows from nothing to a millionaire tomorrow by doing business, how did he grow? His N1m simply came from the pockets of other people who simply and willingly gave him money for his services. The same N1m which was formerly in the pockets of the masses have exchanged hands and transferred to the hands of the entrepreneur. This is the power of economics. When you begin to understand this and how money works, then would you appreciate entrepreneurship. Money does not disappear. It only exchanges hands. With nearly half or possibly more of SEners into entrepreneurship, you would expect them to have more money in their pocket than the average civil servant. Remember, there's a limit to how much you can make as a civil servant but as an entrepreneur there's no limit.
i agree with ur assertion, in summery Wht u are saying is that recession is not felt in south east becos most the populance are entrepreneurs. Well same with south west, most civil servant in south west are always involve in businesses that yield extral income. My mum is still in the service and she has other business that yield income for her.

The assertion I won't agree to is that south east is free from recession. Recession is affecting every region in nigeria
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by bigfrancis21: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
orimsamsam:
i agree with ur assertion, in summery Wht u are saying is that recession is not felt in south east becos most the populance are entrepreneurs. Well same with south west, most civil servant in south west are always involve in businesses that yield extral income. My mum is still in the service and she has other business that yield income for her.

The assertion I won't agree to is that south east is free from recession. Recession is affecting every region in nigeria

Of course there's recession everywhere in Nigeria and in the SE too (not every SEner is into business, some are civil servants) but the question is, to what extent is it felt in each region? By means of my foregoing explanation it seems to be the least felt in the SE zone compared to other zones.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Of course there's recession everywhere in Nigeria and in the SE too (not every SEner is into business, some are civil servants) but the question is, to what extent is it felt in each region? By means of my foregoing explanation it seems to be the least felt in the SE zone compared to other zones.
since u ave o statistical figure to backup ur claim ur assertion is wrong. We ave lot of traders in southwest so also we have civil service workers, they both compliment each other. Once the cilvil sservant is not getting her salary
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
bigfrancis21:

since u ave no statistical figure to backup ur claim ur assertion is wrong. We ave lot of traders in southwest so also we have civil service workers, they both compliment each other.

As far as am concern both region is experience the effect of recession. Not that one region is experience little effect of recession because they have traders in dere populace
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by bigfrancis21: 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
orimsamsam:
since u ave no statistical figure to backup ur claim ur assertion is wrong. We ave lot of traders in southwest so also we have civil service workers, they both compliment each other.

As far as am concern both region is experience the effect of recession. Not that one region is experience little effect of recession because they have traders in dere populace

Well this is not up to debate. It just what it is. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not a statistic-keeping country for if stats were done I wouldn't be surprised at the results.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua: SCOAN Worshippers Celebrate Founder’s First Memorial, Legacies. / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? / Video : Black Magic Or Science ? Can You Explain This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.