Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear (21408 Views)

Plateau Christians Defy Killings, Worship In Burnt Church / "Buhari Will End Recession In 2017" - Olumba Olumba / How Is Christmas Preparations In Your Location? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by jumpandpas(m): 11:56am On Dec 24, 2016
Qmerit:
Misleading tittle, cause u visit Onitcha doesn't mean only there is where it's happening right now, bia visit other places where xmas is celebrated nation wide and come back for the full gist.. if u re truthful, u would be surprise Onitcha won't be in unit 1. ( 1 to 10) as the busiest for xmas palava.

PAINMENT

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Addicted2Women: 11:56am On Dec 24, 2016
woodcook:
Wait by January we go know how far. grin

January ??

Sorry, we don't have hardship or recession in our dictionary

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by apholaryn: 11:56am On Dec 24, 2016
oya flaaaties..let d chest beating start..lol

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by greenermodels: 11:58am On Dec 24, 2016
simple o level economics says that in times of inflation, business people and debtors prosper and since business owners constitute atleast 99% of the population in onitsha,they're likely to be less affected by the recession, secondly, almost every family in onitsha have relations abroad and the current exchange rate hike of dollar means the residents would have more money to spend.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by jumpandpas(m): 11:59am On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

Those clowns are weirdly funny!! grin They see everything from the prism of their villages.

It takes a BIGGER clown to type this.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Lovelynature(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2016
Well... Igbos are meant to succeed come rain come sunshine

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by illuminaty(m): 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
Defying recession abi??ok naaa..Mbok,who has dt meme dt has buhari thinking of how to frustrate Nigerians
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by sammyj: 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Perfect question for the ignoramus !!!! cheesy
orimsamsam:
pls ooo. I just want u to explain ooo. How is the ten plaques affecting Nigeria and it not affecting south east. Abi naira no dey fall against dollar for south east, or na different price them they sell petrol for south east

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by matrixme(m): 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
This is no news. Every other Nigerian city or village celebrates Christmas equally. In fact it is even more pronounced in the villages. There is no need to single out one city like they do their's specially. They are not even organizing carnival.

ISDKING:
Funny enough that recession is bitting harder on those that voted for change. No matter how bad this country is, igbos can never be hungry.
if you were to be sincere with yourself, have you ever had a Yoruba, Hausa, Idoma, Tiv, Ibibio, Igala etc come to beg you for food?
In times of recession, everyone survives.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Only in the land of Goshen (Igboland) there is no sign of Recession. Exodus 9:25-26. Finally news has it as stated in Exodus 9:27. But Buhari will still harden his heart as stated up-to chapter 40.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Mr2kay2: 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
abumeinben:
No Calabar carnival the year?
I tire O
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
pls ooo. I just want u to explain ooo. How is the ten plaques affecting Nigeria and it not affecting south east. Abi naira no dey fall against dollar for south east, or na different price them they sell petrol for south east
mere mortal has no answer to that. all I know is whatever we do shall proper because there is no bloodshed to our record in this country. Yorubas and Hausa's jointly shed the blood of 3million Igbo without just cause and they keep doing so till date. Gowon is paying his own dearly now cos the last time i checked, the Hausas has turned against the middle belt and killing them like goat. I see genocide in that part of the country. for the Yorubas, I feel sorry cos soon everything will fail them like it did in the Bible and they won't have anywhere to run to. Lagos will soon be consumed by flood and sea raging. Oya say what u want.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2016
mere mortal has no answer to that. all I know iswhatever we do shall proper because there is no bloodshed to our record in this country. Yorubas and Hausa's jointly shed the blood of 3million Igbo without just cause and they keep doing so till date. Gowon is paying his own dearly now cos the last time i checked, the Hausas has turned against the middle belt and killing them like goat. I see genocide in that part of the country. for the Yorubas, I feel sorry cos soon everything will fail them like it did in the Bible and they won't have anywhere to run to. Lagos will soon be consumed by flood and sea raging. Oya say what u want.
sammyj:
Perfect question for the ignoramus !!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2016
mightyhazell:
the truth is dat igbos are a v hardy specie. Igbos survived a holocaust second in proportion only 2 the one the jews suffered under hitler! We bound back very quickly,.. What abt a 50 year marginalisation? Igbos brushed it aside and forged on! This 'recession ' is a leisurely walk in the park for the igbos...- fact!

Recession
It's only a word. grin

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by arabianights: 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
ISDKING:
Funny enough that recession is bitting harder on those that voted for change. No matter how bad this country is, igbos can never be hungry.
Am a northerners but you spoke the truth and nothing but the truth. However the north might not be as industrious as igbo, but we also cane we start as na we dey grow tomatoes, legumes, rice etc.. Eating salad is nothing to the poor man here infect he can eat it every day
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by louqas: 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
ISDKING:

Actually it is CHANGE that brought about increased wealth and prosperity in the land due to high patronage of made in Nigeria goods .yet you all won't see anything good with this government even when you stand to gain a lot if not the most from its policies. SHINE YOUR EYES

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by willibounce1(m): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
Empty chest beating as usual... not surprised. Akpu has done enough damage to some people's brain.

Anything to make my akpu eating brothers feel good about themselves is welcome

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
obataokenwa:
mere mortal has no answer to that. all I know is whatever we do shall proper because there is no bloodshed to our record in this country. Yorubas and Hausa's jointly shed the blood of 3million Igbo without just cause and they keep doing so till date. Gowon is paying his own dearly now cos the last time i checked, the Hausas has turned against the middle belt and killing them like goat. I see genocide in that part of the country. for the Yorubas, I feel sorry cos soon everything will fail them like it did in the Bible and they won't have anywhere to run to. Lagos will soon be consumed by flood and sea raging. Oya say what u want.
are u guyz intelligent at all. Do u Knw Wht a war is, or are u telling no Nigeria army was killed by Biafra army

Ur keep ur theory to urself.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
are u guyz intelligent at all. Do u Knw Wht a war is, or are u telling no Nigeria army was killed by Biafra army

No Nigerian army was killed? make research about bloodshed and defense.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by wizflower(f): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
lolz. So other tribes are hungry abi
He/She meant that we the IGBO'S will survive no matter what

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by sammuell(m): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
willibounce1:
Empty chest beating as usual... not surprised. Akpu has done enough damage to some people's brain.

Anything to make my akpu eating brothers feel good about themselves is welcome
dis news don pain u well well

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
matrixme:
This is no news. Every other Nigerian city or village celebrates Christmas equally. In fact it is even more pronounced in the villages. There is no need to single out one city like they do their's specially. They are not even organizing carnival.

if you were to be sincere with yourself, have you ever had a Yoruba, Hausa, Idoma, Tiv, Ibibio, Igala etc come to beg you for food?
In times of recession, everyone survives.
lolz. Igbo's are naturally proud
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
wizflower:
He/She meant that we the IGBO'S will survive no matter what
all tribes to will survive
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
obataokenwa:
u can as well tell me the Germans are suffering because of the Jews killed by the germans
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
u can as well tell me the Germans are suffering because of the Jews killed by the germans
Are you trying to justify bloodshed and no consequences? Germans showed remorse and apologised. today no child is named Hitler and Nazi salute is forbidden also as a sign that they are eradicating evil done by their leaders. they turned a new leaf.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
all tribes to will survive
Yes. God is same God of the poor and the rich. But will you blame Him when he said Jacob I love, Esau I hate? Igbo are unique in their prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
woodcook:
Wait by January we go know how far. grin
And you think they're not aware? Those guys are industrious so no shaking
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
obataokenwa:
Yes. God is same God of the poor and the rich. But will you blame Him when he said Jacob I love, Esau I hate? Igbo are unique in their prosperity.
as far as am concern every plague in Nigeria is affecting all the tribe.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by obataokenwa(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
as far as am concern every plague in Nigeria is affecting all the tribe.
Affecting all the tribe you said? thank God you have accepted for your people. But my people shall be saved and exempted from the holocaust. we have paid greater price in this country.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
obataokenwa:
Affecting all the tribe you said? thank God you have accepted for your people. But my people shall be saved and exempted from the holocaust. we have paid greater price in this country.
lolz. Yeye dey smell

So there is no accident in ur region
There is no erosion or flood in ur region
There is no murder or kidnapping in ur region
People in ur region are getting better forex than other tribe in Nigeria
Continue living in self denial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / TB Joshua: SCOAN Worshippers Celebrate Founder’s First Memorial, Legacies. / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.