Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics (27140 Views)

Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals / 10 Types Of People You Find In The Banking Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Lilimax(f): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
hakeem4:
I remember the time I was on the queue at the ATM. Then the ekiti man in front of me pressed 15k but the machine brought out 14k. The man quickly held my shirt and shouted " aburo mi you're my witness oo"
grin

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by willibounce1(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Money no dey money no dey... na sand them wan collect from ATM? Naija people sha...them no go collect money when dem need at the once.
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by herlarho(m): 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
sinaj:
Lol @ pushing 2k grin

The annoying thing is that some people will start transferring money with the only atm dispensing cash instead of using the one that isn't dispensing to transfer

I don't stress myself in joining the queue, I just walk to any cute boy, tap him gently nd whisper wink
buhari is looking for you

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by iamphotoshoot(m): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
sashishalom:
Here abakaliki eh,no atm de free oh even tho say no money oh...Yesterday i had to Carry my 2 younger siblings,made them stand in line for me....

Mama cheesy

BBW wink
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Tobium1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
Obviously, it is no longer business as usual for several banks in Nigeria as the most ever spread online induced financial community networking system frozen the "get help" request of assistant by all the its participant leading to the insufficiency of physical cash flow in the country.
" it turns out that MMM has been keeping some of our banks in business for a while and we didn't even know.
For your enlightenment and almost archaic mind, Most banks are now regulating withdrawals, giving you half of what you intend to withdraw.. 2nights ago, I needed cash so much that I went round Yenagoa, But to my surprise. No ATM could pay. In the whole of Yenagoa O, I had to call my friend to come pick me up because I had exhausted all the little cash I had hopping from one keke to another.
If you don't know what that means, I'll explain to you. Banks are trying to control withdrawals both on counter and outside the bank by loading their ATMs with less cash.. I could technically say our Banks are freezing too, because why on earth would you tell me I can't get all my money when I need it most.. Same reason in which the HYPOCRITIC and HUNGRY Nigerian Media Platforms have grossly and IGNORANTLY criticised MMM. A platform they know NOTHING about.
MMM critics, I'm starting to wonder why y'all suddenly went mute.. The bank didn't even notify you before taking this very sensitive decision that could send panic ripples amongst the masses, and let me remind you morons, your life savings and all your hopes are stuffed up there too. and Guess what, you don't even know when the cash crunch banks are facing at the moment will be over, or how worse it could get. We know of MMM, Its Jan 14th..
Data is now cheap, thanks to GLO,
Infinix, Tecno, Gionee, and other China phones are cheap too, so you can sit down at the corner of your one room apartment to type shades on social media about MMM. Many came out blabbing and Wailing of how they warned MMM participants prior, Claiming TB Joshua Upandan.. Infact we are just getting over your euphoria about the freeze.
I know none of those media platforms will say anything about this.. Infact I just got word that many banks are suspending online activities.
If your bank is still active, go get all the cash you will need for this festive period in due time and thank me later.
I am a proud participant of MMM and I will still put my spare money come January 14th, at least to keep Nigerian Banks in Business. Say whatever you like, It doesn't add to me nor belittle my status quo.
Millions of Nigerians Have benefited from MMM and they fully understand the risk involved to the letter.. They don't need your coward ass to remind them of their loss or gain. Instead of you to mind your business and wish them well, you keep criticising all about wasting your valuable time and secretly wishing the system crashed already, Just to boost your ego.
Wait, Is it your money? Is it your risk? or has anyone forced you to participate.. One of my mentor once told me "There Has Never Been a Statue Raised for a Critic"
So you can keep at it while I achieve my dreams with calculated risks
I could continue writing but I need to go queue on a very long Queue at the Bank..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by sinaj(f): 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
herlarho:
buhari is looking for you
. Huh looking for me?

Did I chop any yam undecided

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnshagb:
First bank trans amadi, 7:50am. Queue going out of the gate to the street grin

Check out the fine babe in the last pix

Small world. That's my friend's girlfriend
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by sinaj(f): 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
Fkforyou:

See them, corruption people, I pray make you try am when soldier dey on the queue too so that him go give both of una frog jump... tongue
I go deny my atm card dat day grin

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by sinaj(f): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
Godfullsam:
Some banks dont even have enough money to pay customers.

I was in a bank this morning to do some transactions, the man behind me was with a cheque of 200k and the cashier told him 'oga with dont have that kind of money o'.

The man was speechless.
most times u will have to wait for others to deposit b4 they pay you.

2 Likes

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Horlawoomey(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
intruder15:

it's a general issue. today at gtb ojuelegba, d ATM ko le werk. some days back, at Gtb on lawanson road, only one I out of 4 was working. are the banks intentionally frustrating people not to withdraw?
the picture attached below is a banking hall this week.
am not understanding
Na wa o

I heard similar issue is being experienced in Rivers state, shortage cash for withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Abeos(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
We say there's recession yet u get long queues at ATM Pls which money are they withdrawing? Nigerians ehn

2 Likes

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Fkforyou(m): 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
sinaj:
I go deny my atm card dat day grin

Chai...see wickedness, so you no want share the risk and you no want share the consequences, na just the reward you dey after....Daris God...o. shocked.

Anyway sha...I no blame you...you just dey use your feminine power. wink
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by karleone(m): 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
kay29000:

Which state are you in?
Lagos

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by johnshagb(m): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
optimusmind:

Small world. That's my friend's girlfriend

Seriously! shocked Your friend's gf almost entered my chyking list but I was there for a more serious issue grin grin grin
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Shaw007(m): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
very funny experience i had last week, or at least i found it funny.

So i waiting in line at this fairly large queue, not as crazy and long as some i had experienced back in benin, matter of fact i was sort of lucky because 3 out of the four atm's had decided to take a pause and were no longer dispensing, so most of the folks got frustrated and just left, leaving the rest of us to fight for the remaining one.

Anyways, the one that stopped dispensing as at when i got there had a woman fuming and cursing at how one "Hausa merchant" had finished all the money on that particular atm( i deduced later the money must have gotten exhaused right before the hausa merchant got there, as you'll soon find out). so someone asked her "Elo lotie weedraw gann?" ( how much did he even withdraw?) . "ha, o transfer about 50,000 ni!! owo de tan ninu atm angry " (he made a bank transfer of about 50,000 and then the money finished). I so wanted to laugh and explain to her that bank transfers were electronic and doesn't require physical cash to be processed. but before i could say jack, a man behind her actually agreed that the hausa merchant had come at the wrong time and empathized with her, nobody else made further comment. maybe they were like me and just wanted to withdraw their money in peace after getting sunburned for hours.

And this was the point i gave up, collected my money and headed straight home.

6 Likes

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnshagb:

Seriously! shocked Your friend's gf almost entered my chyking list but I was there for a more serious issue grin grin grin
I don't think it was because you came for more serious.

Your ballz failed you
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by johnshagb(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
optimusmind:
I don't think it was because you came for more serious.

Your ballz failed you

LoL.....Not worth the argument cool
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by geesilver(m): 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

I tell you, all the banks are so empty! And money dey wella
I couldn't spend 5 minutes to withdraw
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Analee(f): 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
jayAjoku:
have noticed unusually large queues at most bank ATM machines recently here in port Harcourt does anyone know why ?
no cash.it was a terrible xperience 4m fcmb to uba to access bank@rumukoro,den zenith @sbs,to firstbank,to sterling bank,to ecobank@rumuokuta to fidelity,i mean it was indeed a crazy xperience,dnt js want to recount ma ordeals.u suffer to wok 4 d moni,u even suffer more to get it.i was seriosly regrettn 4 puttn ma moni n bank.any moni i get 4m nw upward i wil mak a savin box,cos it beta dat way at least wil save me d stress of movin lik a frustratd mad woman. B4 dey said is mmm now mmm is not functioning 4 nw,bt d problm is even more on d increase dan wen mmm waz functioning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnshagb:

LoL.....Not worth the argument cool
A statement of fact, surely I wouldn't want to attack a moniker, you didn't even say hi, to show you gat the ballz
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by jayAjoku(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
Prechy08:

You just nailed it, i lived in portharcourt for 4 years b4 heading to lagos portharcourt and owerri is a no place to use ATM right now just consider the whole day gone, The line no be hear
omo i swear its quite frustrating i remember walking from zenith bank at Cfc down to azikiwe to withdraw money yet no atm paid and the ones that were paying had mammoth crowds
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Analee(f): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
Idrismusty97:
And no one is saying banks have crash cheesy. The same thing happening to MMM now is what the banks are facing, The GH is more than PH this Christmas season. Simple as that.
exactly is lik d mmm niggas knew wat was goin to happen,k js checkout if mmm was functioning nw,it wud av bin tug of war n cash

2 Likes

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by onyxo76(m): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
SeyiAyorinde:

chai wey me dey plan go withdraw for campus tomorrow
forget tomorrow till Wednesday be that o. all ATMS go don dry by tonight

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by johnshagb(m): 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
optimusmind:

A statement of fact, surely I wouldn't want to attack a moniker, you didn't even say hi, to show you gat the ballz

Attack a moniker? undecided for what reason exactly? Is that how you table your opinion?
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Analee(f): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
Godfullsam:
Some banks dont even have enough money to pay customers.

I was in a bank this morning to do some transactions, the man behind me was with a cheque of 200k and the cashier told him 'oga with dont have that kind of money o'.

The man was speechless.
d same wif tin here in Ph access bank,a woman was wif a cheque of 161k,d cashier told her to reduce it,dey nw announced dat dey depositors shud com first,depositors wer only few,if u c peeps wey wan withdraw?if u d queue?

4 Likes

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by kay29000(m): 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
karleone:

Lagos

Cool.
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by geolekan(m): 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
louiskay:
Even peeps without ATM cards will come and start telling stories now.....

Well come to AAUA.... Access, Skye or Zenith.... the ATM stand or Banking hall..... u will see a mammoth Q. and feel they are giving out the cash for free.... u can queue for hours.

proudly aauaite

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by grandstar(m): 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Explorers:
UBA, ACE, Ondo.

6:40am, 23/12/16.

Some people can be so annoying, after using the machine for almost 15 minutes, you see them bringing out another card.

Some are to withdraw 30k, instead of pushing 30k key or 15k twice, they will be pushing 2k and some people will be vexing from behind.

"Wetin u dey do there since na, no withdraw am finish o."

I'm in Ondo town now grin

I just do transfers. Don't like the stress of ATM queues.

Already withdrew 20000 in Lagos though
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by streetzdreamz(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
hakeem4:
I remember the time I was on the queue at the ATM. Then the ekiti man in front of me pressed 15k but the machine brought out 14k. The man quickly held my shirt and shouted " aburo mi you're my witness oo"
lols, witness indeed..........its a funny scenario whenever I see people count their cash at the ATM,days back an old man almost toppled over while checking the few notes he withdrew, people on the queque just dey laugh am, cuz he jumped the line on the guise of being old.

1 Like

Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by Youngtrice(m): 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
Currently queuing at fidelity in uniben. The queue is damn much! and only one machine is paying. One man almost withdrew all the money sef.
Re: Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics by modaink333: 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
In oyigbo rivers state,.....it is hell on wheels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Profitable To Import Used Laptop And Phone In Bulk? / How Much Are POS Operators Now Charging For Withdrawals In Your Area? / Naira Weakens To N458 Per Dollar At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.