Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? (5937 Views)

Poll: Should Bigbrother Africa be banned?

Yes: 43% (38 votes)
No: 56% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Denzel And Huddah First To Be Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by sheriffman(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2009
Fellow Nairalanders most of us have heard or watched the TV reality show Big Brother Africa at one time or the other.
My grouse with the concept of the programme is what legacies it intends to bequeath the youths and younger one addicted to it.On several occasions we have heard about some really sad news concerning the way contestants behave inhouse,how some contestants are molested and even the message the contestants do send out.Am sure we have not all forgetting the story of our own representative on the show was treatewd sometime ago,currently there is a controversy in Malawi about the conduct of it's participant on the show which as even gotten the attention of the country's president.The truth is that the programme does in a way promote immorality and untoward social behaviour which are not African.
So my question to the forum is Should the show be banned,reprogrammed,censored or what do you think is the way forward?
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by FBS: 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2009
Personally, I bloody don't care!
But if I were to choose then yes, ban the sh!t!
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by chidichris(m): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
@poster,
from which angle of life are you writing from? i mean if you are speaking from the religious aspoect of life or the much talked about internet age which every dick and tom is fighting to embrace.
by the way, which authority are u seeking their attention in banning the programme? the govt of malawi,nigeria or the Organisation of african unity?
it does not make sense to post issues that you cannot handle.
remember the instruction is that the programme is for adults that is people above 18.
if you are 18 and above, u know what you want.
on the other hand, you have the choice of changing ur channel whenever they are about to start.
if things are done the ways u want them, there will be no programme on the Tv and to me, i will then suggest we ban the tv.
please poster, look for another topic.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
sheriffman:

The truth is that the programme does in a way promote immorality and untoward social behaviour which are not African.

Please tell me, sir, what exactly IS african?
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by delegiwa(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
chidichris:

@poster,

, remember the instruction is that the programme is for adults that is people above 18.
on the other hand, you have the choice of changing your channel whenever they are about to start.

The above part of your quote have answered the question.  Nothing more to add.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by abhosts(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2009
The DSTV decoder has a nifty feature called "Parental Control". Activate this feature and the channel will not even display on your TV. There is no need sugesting a Sharia-Like aproach over this issue.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by ladygaga(f): 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
, before you watch the big brother u are being told that is for 18+
 and you can deactivate the channel too, so what is ur point exactly
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
did DSTV tie u rope on your neck to watch it

did they force you if not why not change the channel and allow people that want to watch watch

i dont watch it but it does not mean i should interfere with peoples rights that want to

in africa we always do things by force without thinking of the next person's feelings
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by sleak(m): 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
sheriffman:

Fellow Nairalanders most of us have heard or watched the TV reality show Big Brother Africa at one time or the other.
My grouse with the concept of the programme is what legacies it intends to bequeath the youths and younger one addicted to it.On several occasions we have heard about some really sad news concerning the way contestants behave inhouse,how some contestants are molested and even the message the contestants do send out.Am sure we have not all forgetting the story of our own representative on the show was treatewd sometime ago,currently there is a controversy in Malawi about the conduct of it's participant on the show which as even gotten the attention of the country's president.The truth is that the programme does in a way promote immorality and untoward social behaviour which are not African.
So my question to the forum is Should the show be banned,reprogrammed,censored or what do you think is the way forward?
Yes because they banned shower hour.not cos of all u raised above.
chidichris:

@poster,
from which angle of life are you writing from? i mean if you are speaking from the religious aspoect of life or the much talked about internet age which every privates and tom is fighting to embrace.
by the way, which authority are u seeking their attention in banning the programme? the govt of malawi,nigeria or the Organisation of african unity?
it does not make sense to post issues that you cannot handle.
remember the instruction is that the programme is for adults that is people above 18.
on the other hand, you have the choice of changing your channel whenever they are about to start.
if things are done the ways u want them, there will be no programme on the Tv and to me, i will then suggest we ban the tv.
please poster, look for another topic.
u too sabi.if dont like it change the channel or better still smash ur decoder n/or tv u'll definately wont be influenced albeit negatively.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by ladygaga(f): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2009
.The truth is that the programme does in a way promote immorality and untoward social behaviour which are not African

, same ol' gist and hypocrisy cool
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by sandee575(f): 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2009
@poster'

people who cannot create should not destroy what others
have created and being enjoyed by not a few.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by FFA: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2009
SHOULD NOT BE BANNED, BUT HOUSE MATES NEED TO BE CALLED TO ORDER WHEN THEY ARE MISBEHAVING, PARENTAL CONTROL IS ALSO ESSENTIAL,
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by stagger: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2009
That channel is not freely available on the DSTV bouquet. If you want the channel, you have to request for it. So if you feel the programme content is unwholesome (like myself), just don't bother. But in the real sense, we live in a world where sex is flaunted in our faces everywhere. So you can only control what you can.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by dustydee: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2009
What do you expect from a show that even censors "God". Anyway they are just a reflection of the society.What they do on TV is just a tip of the iceberg as compared to what some of us do, They just show theirs to the whole world,period. ban it if you like I don't care anyway.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by JUNIT1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
this show is rated 18, if you below 18, dnt watch it, and there's parental control to activate viewing when or if you want to view it, this is simple, you are not forced to watch it
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by hadexman(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2009
sheriffman:

Do you even know the advantage of the program? They are trying to unite African countries together and also, the contestant stand a chance of becoming a big celebrity in their prospective country. Make you use your time do better thing and stop talking about irrelevant issues.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by sealworld(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
i dont care what those bunch of lazy do in the name of big brother Africa other than corrupting our youth in which they should be role model. its a big shame
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by tunnytox(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2009
I'm not a big fan of Big brother, what i don't seem to understand is why there are so much nudity in the program, i'm begining to wonder if this will achieve anything positive for either the contestant or ppl watching it, very disgusting even UK big brother doesn't have so much nudity like Big brother Africa, hisss
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by echobee(f): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2009
wetin happen, why una dey vex with big brother. abeg if u no wan watch am, ur decorder get parental control. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz activate it.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by chidichris(m): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2009
wether u smoke inside your room or you smoke outside your house, the end point is that ciggarette smoking is not good to health.
most of us are not against nudity, rather they are against it on bba - absolute hypocrisy.
nigerian women today walk in our streets half naked with their breasts and other private parts now turned into public parts and we are here talking about few tv actors and actresses who go naked.
i think unclothedness is the order of the day.
how many of your relatives have u cautioned about their ways of dressing or do u think bba is the reason for nudity.
if u ban bba, pls ban the mirrow as well because it is really corrupting our women.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by frank317: 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
should nairaland be banned? go to sexuallity of romance sextion and see what some people like me are posting on daily basis.

guy repect ur self and stop asking useless questions.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
They should ban the TV, food, internet, freedom, infact they should ban people from being alive
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ op, throw out your decoder, tv, dvd player radio, and cd player already
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by blaksril(m): 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2009
Such rubbish post, cant u read that it's rated 18. Bloody hypocrites. angry
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by kobikwelu(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2009
why should it be banned??
cos its not AFRICAN

hypocrits!!!! hypocrits!!!! i  say, most of the so called leaders or men in authority clamouring for the banning of the show are randy, buckwild and polygamist that if allowed can sleep with anything in skirts.
most of these so called leaders display all the vices that we are trying not to be associated with, so why the pretences, ***HISSS****

the show is for entertainment, and if u dont wanna watch, shut the Bleep up and watch something else,

thats y we dont have peace in afrika, cos some stupid jerk feels that his opinions/views/ways should be forced on others.

leave others to watch what they wanna watch
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2009
Nice one Kobikwelu. wink The level of hypocrisy in Nigeria is astonishing.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by 9jatitan(m): 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2009
I don t even bother following the program, i dont understand the purpose anymore, but those that like gossip follow it, i guess the show is for lonely pple and bored house wives and house helps or those that dont have any better thing to do, so u can either activate ur parental control feature or just skip the channel. it works 4 me, the only time i tune to it is when a friend is over and wants to view it, thats it for me, really to me its a boring show and its not african , am no saint but there is a lot of immoral behaviour on there thats just not it,
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by Mavor: 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
Use parental control and stop procrastinating your Sharia shit here, you bloody Northerner!!!
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by ugbesbee(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2009
did DSTV tie u rope on your neck to watch it

did they force you if not why not change the channel and allow people that want to watch watch

i dont watch it but it does not mean i should interfere with peoples rights that want to

in africa we always do things by force without thinking of the next person's feelings

y u dey yarn lyk dz? wht they re doin is it right morally? lets nt capitalise on technology n forget our roots as AFRICANS. d programme should be censored, let d appropriate authorities take d necessary actions.
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2009
ugbesbee:

[color=#990000]did DSTV tie u rope on your neck to watch it
y u dey yarn lyk dz? wht they re doin is it right morally? lets nt capitalise on technology n forget our roots as AFRICANS. d programme should be censored, let d appropriate authorities take d necessary actions.

what is your yardstick to rate Morality?

what is Moral to A may not be Moral to B mind u
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by chelseabmw(m): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
Yes, yup, yeah
Re: Do You Think Big Brother Africa Should Be Banned? by kobikwelu(m): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2009
ugbesbee

spare mi ur diatribes,

wot do u mean by african?

so u are saying that we should ban our music that show women dancin, or fashion shows that show women with miniskirts, or african magic that show women smoke?

if u want, CENSOR IT IN UR HAUSE by using the parental guidance feature, (spare us ur moral bullshit)

when i was little and i was with my parents watching cable, the moment any programme/image that was inappropriate came up, they would CHANGE the channel or send us out of the living room.(thats the way things should be done, not going to the cable company to request that they remove the station off the bouqet)

BTW, how did u start watchin the show? angry
didnt u send an sms?
didnt u go to their office for the channel to b activated?

since u knew that the show promotes "nudity and bad behaviour", u still went  to all those troubles to get the chanel, now ur complaining angry

***HISSSSS****   ***MSCHEWWWWWW****

HYPOCRIT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch As Soma Finally Got Down On Gifty Live On Big Brother Naija (video) / Will There Be Gulder Ultimate Search This Year? / Stephanie Okereke and Dakore @ London Premiere Of 'The Successor'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.