Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,318 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For (1071 Views)

Buhari Receives Briefing From Attorney-general, NNPC Boss / Bola Ige's Son: "Nigeria Is Not Worth Dying For" / Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For by morereb10: 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
The son of Late Human Right Activist, Mr. Muyiwa Ige yesterday said the family has handed over the masterminds and killers of his father, Chief Bola Ige to God for punishment.

The former Commissioner for Lands and Physical Planning in Osun State, spoke with newsmen during a service held to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice. Chief Bola Ige, was assassinated at his Bodija residence in Ibadan, on December 23, 2001. Muyiwa said, although his father died for democracy to thrive, Nigeria was not worth wasting one’s life for.

He said, “We thank God for his mercies. We thank God for wonderful legacies. It has not been easy but God has kept us on and by the grace of God, all the perpetrators behind his (Ige) death, God will deal with them. It was my father’s death that took away my mother some 20 months later.

“But whether the country wants to immortalise my father or not, I don’t care inasmuch as the State Government of Osun has named a university after my father, which is massive. “It is the highest level of immortalisation. The road in this community is about 5km and it is named after my dad. There is a Bola Ige Information Technology Centre in Abuja. There are streets in Oyo State named after him.

“My father believed in Nigeria. He said Nigeria was worth living and dying for. The truth of the matter is, once your heart is in the right place, Project Nigeria is worth pursuing for all of us. Death is what we all owe and he paid the price for democracy to thrive.

“I am not so sure that Nigeria is worth dying for; however, we all have a responsibility to ensure that we don’t waste our lives for Nigeria.”

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/late-attorney-general-bola-iges-son.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 obinoscopy dominique

Re: Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
morereb10:
The son of Late Human Right Activist, Mr. Muyiwa Ige yesterday said the family has handed over the masterminds and killers of his father, Chief Bola Ige to God for punishment.

The former Commissioner for Lands and Physical Planning in Osun State, spoke with newsmen during a service held to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice. Chief Bola Ige, was assassinated at his Bodija residence in Ibadan, on December 23, 2001. Muyiwa said, although his father died for democracy to thrive, Nigeria was not worth wasting one’s life for.

He said, “We thank God for his mercies. We thank God for wonderful legacies. It has not been easy but God has kept us on and by the grace of God, all the perpetrators behind his (Ige) death, God will deal with them. It was my father’s death that took away my mother some 20 months later.

“But whether the country wants to immortalise my father or not, I don’t care inasmuch as the State Government of Osun has named a university after my father, which is massive. “It is the highest level of immortalisation. The road in this community is about 5km and it is named after my dad. There is a Bola Ige Information Technology Centre in Abuja. There are streets in Oyo State named after him.

“My father believed in Nigeria. He said Nigeria was worth living and dying for. The truth of the matter is, once your heart is in the right place, Project Nigeria is worth pursuing for all of us. Death is what we all owe and he paid the price for democracy to thrive.

“I am not so sure that Nigeria is worth dying for; however, we all have a responsibility to ensure that we don’t waste our lives for Nigeria.”

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/late-attorney-general-bola-iges-son.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 obinoscopy dominique
Na politics and tribalism be our major prob.
Re: Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For by angeltolly(f): 12:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
As big as Nigeria is.... It is not worth dying for...... So Why will some people want to die for ordinary politicians angry angry angry

Re: Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For by Grundig: 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Oga muyiwa, we agree Nigeria is not worth dying for. But you see the death of your father and the inability of any of the security agencies to nab the kilkers? You should be looking at OBJ and no other person.
Re: Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For by ufuosman(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nigeria is not worth dying for, na na you know? As them born pikin for naija, na dem dey give am that orientation....

Bola ige is a good man...... just b proud of ur father legacy.
Re: Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For by juman(m): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Grundig:
Oga muyiwa, we agree Nigeria is not worth dying for. But you see the death of your father and the inability of any of the security agencies to nab the kilkers? You should be looking at OBJ and no other person.

You are right.

But the supposed killer is now very close friend of presidency and apc, so government is not interested in sending him to prison. So the case of murder of chief bola ige is no no to apc and presidency.

Even those AD followers of chief ige that had vowed that if they get power they would look into the killing of their former boss, now are not interested anymore in the case.
Re: Late Attorney General, Bola Ige's Son - Nigeria Not Worth Dying For by cstr19: 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
No let your afonja brothers hear you o.
You are an enemy of the state by default. grin

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Kwankwanso, 10 Kano State Lawmakers Dump APC For PDP / A Prostitute Scolding A Cheating Housewife, Nigerians Roast El-rufai On Twitter / 7 Year Old Girl Allegedly Raped To Death By A Son Of A Senator From Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.