Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,553 members, 7,958,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? (22553 Views)

See What This Muslims Did To Christians In Blackburn. / Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 2? / Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

Awwww. And he doesn't understand simple English, the difference between 'your'and 'my'. You need western education Man. Stop hating.

Laughing.. Then find a good school to attend and learn western education . How's that my problem
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:42am On Dec 14, 2018
Abuheekmat:

Laughing.. Then find a good school to attend and learn western education . How's that my problem

Well, I work in Total. My 'western' education made it possible. What did yours do? Teach you how to make b**bs Oh, wait, you also need western education to learn that.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

Well, I work in Total. My 'western' education made it possible. What did yours do? Teach you how to make b**bs Oh, wait, you also need western education to learn that.

CAn you now see I am right that you are stupid..

Laughing
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 14, 2018
danot1030:
One shouldn't expect much from a religion that all it teaches its followers to do is to hate and kill those they considered as infidel, teaching them to be hostile to them is never a surprise.

And small time they will say is a religion of peace, i wonder if they no what peace is all about and what it takes to make peace or live in peace.

History have never hidden the degree of violence the founder of this religion committed against humanity and thought his followers to replicate after him and that is why we have they terrorizing the whole world today.
. you just spoke my mind. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by blingxx(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2018
sureheaven:
Christians don't need Muslims to wish them merry Xmas before they enjoy the season and the celebration.

Christianity had been in existence before the birth of Muhammed and islam.

The problem is not Christianity it just that "Christ" have nothing to do with Xmas.. Jesus wasn't born on December 25th it's just a fairy tail, a pagan holiday undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Nigerian Christians I hope you guys are reading this ?. I have said it before, these people will not and will never wish you well. ...Continue thinking that they love you why they dislike you with passion.
Very backward/arch..aic religion ..

Why should I even swear to be a terro..rist before commenting on this thread ?

Islam is a violent religion. A religion of fanatics.

Imagine the topic : whether one can wish Merry Christmas to Christians. It shows the evil brewing in their minds.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Timbi: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2018
I urge all Christians on this forum to disregard all forms of hatred, aggression and false teaching. Be good and kind to all men treat them well, give them food, cloth them, give them shelter for those in need and the good Lord who searches and knows the intention of the heart will take control. The Lord bless us all and may his mercies continue to abound in our lives.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2018
Abuheekmat:

CAn you now see I am right that you are stupid..

Laughing

This is the last time I'll quote you. I just realized I've been talking to an illiterate. Have a nice day. Quote me and prove you're really an illiterate cheesy please prove me right.

2 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by sureheaven(m): 10:50am On Dec 14, 2018
The problem is not Christianity it just that "Christ" have nothing to do with Xmas.. Jesus wasn't born on December 25th it's just a fairy tail, a pagan holiday :

Who dash monkey banana?
Face your lane

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by blingxx(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Nigerian Christians I hope you guys are reading this ?. I have said it before, these people will not and will never wish you well. ...Continue thinking that they love you why they dislike you with passion.

Aunty please read before you judge.. It's not hate again Christianity, it's just that Xmas have nothing to do with the birth of "Christ" Jesus wasn't even born on December 25th it's just a bloody fairy tail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2018
blingxx:

The problem is not Christianity it just that "Christ" have nothing to do with Xmas.. Jesus wasn't born on December 25th it's just a fairy tail, a pagan holiday undecided

There is a trace of pagan culture in all religions. Pagan was there before Christianity and the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

This is the last time I'll quote you. I just realized I've been talking to an illiterate. Have a nice day. Quote me and prove you're really an illiterate cheesy please prove me right.

Laughing
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by blingxx(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2018
sureheaven:
The problem is not Christianity it just that "Christ" have nothing to do with Xmas.. Jesus wasn't born on December 25th it's just a fairy tail, a pagan holiday :

Who dash monkey banana?
Face your lane

You see undecided...... this your childish comment only prove I'm right

1 Like

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by IamAtikulate: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2018
Abuheekmat:
Laughing out loud ..

Agbako onibidia ni OP yi..

There's no difference between Christmas and Osun oshogbo and maulid nabiy .

They are all bidah.

They are all innovation

They are all kufru..

Can you wish osun oshogbo worshippers merry or happy osun oshogbo?
Can you wish kufar sufi, shia and others happy maulid nabiy?

Christians are kufar.. Christmas is bidah .

Before you come and bite me..

There are Christians during prophet Muhammad era.. Quote hadith where he wished them merry Christmas , or quote where sahabahs said that or where any of our salafs said that...

Before you sufi bite me..

Quote where rosul sahabahs celebrated rosul maulid..

..before you Christans too bite me..

Quote where it is in your book written by unknown people with different accounts of happenings where they celebrated Christmas..

Saying happy jumuah is bidah..
It has no basis in islam

Asalam alaekum warohmatulah wabarokahtuhu
I hope Yoruba Christians are reading this. They should continue yo deceive themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by sinbadd: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2018
If I see a muslim man burning and i have some water to quench the fire, i'd rather wash my feet with it. And i'm not even a christian.
Fatherofdragons:
So these Muslims believe that's it's wrong to say Merry Christmas to Christians yet some foolish Christians also wish them Happy eid or whatever.

Now I know why terrorism is more prevalent in their religion, it's because of the hate their allah teaches them against Christians and non muslims in general.

I need to tell my friend this, so that he will stop celebrating all this muslim festivities with them.

5 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by IamAtikulate: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

You're an idiot. Stop with your hate already. Wonder why the mods hardly ban your type on Muslim threads. AND WHAT IS IT WITH THE SWEARING BEFORE POSTING ON MUSLIM THREADS?? this is oppression. They can come on Christian threads and say what they like, but we're meant to swear or agree we're Muslim before we post on theirs. No na!!!!! Na we dey make Nigeria bad so. This is so wrong in all ways. What happened to the spirit of journalism Free and fair, taking no sides. Please, please and please, nobody should ban me, I'm saying my mind. Cause last I checked Nigeria is not just a Muslim or Christian country alone, nor is NL.
Seun is an Islamic apologist. I can bet anything that he has history with Yoruba Islam. Moslems are naturally intolerant, so don't blame him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Mutemenot(m): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2018
Too many BOKO HARAM in disguise here. Reading through the lines here shows how backward our Muslim brothers are and I have come to realize its easy to even deceive the enlightened ones among them . No wonder it's difficult to curtail religious crises involving Muslims.

Let me make it clear, Christians and Muslims religions has done worst than good to mankind . The moment you realize love rules, the better for us. Keep this religious shit away and live happily as one .

7 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:59am On Dec 14, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Seun is an Islamic apologist. I can bet anything that he has history with Yoruba Islam. Moslems are naturally intolerant, so don't blame him.

I will blame him or anyone. So you mean a Muslim lawyer can't defend a Christian client? Bro, these people are a joke.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by fk001(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2018
oilPUSSY:

Congratulations you are now officially a muslimat if not once in your life time you are a muslimat because you already swore the oath and it is irreversible. cheesy

Merry Xmas in advance
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by fk001(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
So these Muslims believe that's it's wrong to say Merry Christmas to Christians yet some foolish Christians also wish them Happy eid or whatever.

Now I know why terrorism is more prevalent in their religion, it's because of the hate their allah teaches them against Christians and non muslims in general.

I need to tell my friend this, so that he will stop celebrating all this muslim festivities with them.

It doesn't change anything even if you tell the whole world, because there are other christians that doesn't wish Muslims during Eid.

Still there are millions of Muslims that felicitate with Christians during Xmass.

Merry Xmass in advance

1 Like

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2018
sureheaven:

Who dash monkey banana?
Face your lane

The hate you give.

1 Like

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by IamAtikulate: 11:10am On Dec 14, 2018
Let me narrate a true life story.

I mistakenly clicked on one Islamic Chatbot on Facebook that tries to covert non-moslems. When you interacted with a Chatbot, you will be added automatically to its contact list.

I apologized to them for the mistake and told them I am a Christian that I believe in Jesus.

Instead of them to preach to me based on the merit of their religion, they started insulting Christianity by sending me countless links to pastors in the USA sleeping with under aged. I forgot to mention, the organisation running the Chatbot is based in Saudi Arabia.

I told them they don't have to spam my inbox and again, they don't have to promote their religion by downplaying mine.

Those dude went ballistic. They started threatening me and insulting Jesus. I told them plainly that I can never be part of a religion that is so intolerant.

So when I started responding with my own links, they blocked me and I was so happy.

Moslems are not tolerant and they are very paranoid.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by fk001(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

I am telling you. This is a shock to me. For the first time in my life, I have a little support for IPOB.

Don't let this thread to take out the good in you.

Many Muslims felicitate with Christians, some even eat Xmass food but without the meat.

1 Like

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by IamAtikulate: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2018
fk001:

Congratulations you are now officially a muslimat if not once in your life time you are a muslimat because you already swore the oath and it is irreversible. cheesy

Merry Xmas in advance
Irreversible? Continue deceiving yourself
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by IamAtikulate: 11:13am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

I will blame him or anyone. So you mean a Muslim lawyer can't defend a Christian client? Bro, these people are a joke.
Not against a fellow Moslem.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by spiritedtete: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2018
If this is wrong... Turkey as a country won't be celebrating Christmas.

Unfortunately... They do, Christmas is one of their best times too. They don't just wish merry Christmas.. they celebrate along side.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by verifiablefacts: 11:16am On Dec 14, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

There you go,the problem with some of us,is not wanting to be treated as we treat,imaging calling other Christians that wish Muslims, foolish.Where do you place your self now,assuming you are a Muslim reading that your comment,I guess a terrorist comment?

Know that,that believe and conviction you have towards your Faith is the same your neighbor has towards his.

If you looked at him as a terrorist,based on your differences, he looked at you as terrorist based on your differences.

2 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by fk001(m): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2018
IamAtikulate:
Let me narrate a true life story.

I mistakenly clicked on one Islamic Chatbot on Facebook that tries to covert non-moslems. When you interacted with a Chatbot, you will be added automatically to its contact list.

I apologized to them for the mistake and told them I am a Christian that I believe in Jesus.

Instead of them to preach to me based on the merit of their religion, they started insulting Christianity by sending me countless links to pastors in the USA sleeping with under aged. I forgot to mention, the organisation running the Chatbot is based in Saudi Arabia.

I told them they don't have to spam my inbox and again, they don't have to promote their religion by downplaying mine.

Those dude went ballistic. They started threatening me and insulting Jesus. I told them plainly that I can never be part of a religion that is so intolerant.

So when I started responding with my own links, they blocked me and I was so happy.

Moslems are not tolerant and they are very paranoid.

You are not telling the whole story here, so you are expecting us to believe that the Muslims insulted you just because you mistakenly intrude into their chat without any reason?

Lol you are a joker.

Why is it that the Muslim in here didn't insult you despite all the insults your Christians brethren are showering on them?

3 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Jonadull: 11:19am On Dec 14, 2018
Bismillah,

Salam alaikum brother,

Thanks for sharing. However I have reservations about this. This is the first time I am hearing this as I know that it is a scholarly concecus that it is not permissible to say Merry Christmas . The prophet (peace and blessing) be upon him said that Allah will not cause the ummah to agree on falsehood. The scholars agree that what is meant is by that is the unanimous agreement of the scholars on issues ( such as in the case of saying Merry Christmas).

On th barest minimum, saying Merry Christmas is encouraging disbelif. No doubt this is not a celebration from Allah but rather of kufr. I am not a 100% sure Christmas existed during the time of the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him), but I know that the Jews had their religious celebrations and so did the pagans.

Are there evidences that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon) him or the shabas or righteous prdessasors congratulated the pagans or other non-Muslims during their religious festivals and celebrated disbelief? The answer is no. Not at all.

If there are no evidences that the prophet (peace and bessing) be upon him, his sahabas or the righteous predecessors (who are the best generations after the prophet), congratulated non-Muslims on their religious festivals, out of courtesy, then why should we?

If a Muslim feels to shy to give dawah or is unsure what to say when someone says Merry Christmas, then he/she can say thank you.

On a side note, I am extremely curious about this sheikh. Do you happen to know more information about him? What he promotes? Background information? You know one can never be too cautious or protective regarding the deen. It is vital to research information reaching us about the deen, especially in these times when there is so much confusion in the ummah.

Once again, thanks for sharing

Salam alaykum
I wish o could like this a hundred times
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Jonadull: 11:22am On Dec 14, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Lmao .
Define tolerance.
Even the most foolish person on Nairaland knows that truly the Christians are the most intolerant set of people in Nigeria and especially here on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by verifiablefacts: 11:28am On Dec 14, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
Its really laughable how Muslims believe that their religion is a religion of peace with all manner of discriminations and non tolerance.

What is peace without respect to people belief.

For as long as Islam continue to see peoples belief in wrong light, every Muslim is a potential terrorist. It's not by coincidence that the world is suffering this religion.

All terrorists have their root origin on some wacko beleif of self righteousness and disbelief in other people way of worship.

Spits on their skull.
Of the beauty of Islam is also RESPECT, hardly you hear a good Muslim using derogatory words towards other faiths.
spits on their skull! no you can hear that.A Muslim need not swear to comment on Christian threads, why,because a Muslim will not spit on anyone's skull.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by rapid101(m): 11:32am On Dec 14, 2018
So ve to belive dis shit

I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun

Nonsense
Muslims re terrorist
Take it or u live live it.
No wonder we re not growing
Stupid religion.

Ban me if u like
I said my own

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruling On Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian NY / Ruling On Depositing Money In The Bank And How To Treat The Interest / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.