Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? (22543 Views)

See What This Muslims Did To Christians In Blackburn. / Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 2? / Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by golpen(m): 11:49am On Dec 14, 2018
bamidelee:

you would lead yourself astray

Because you're the pathfinder?

Continue.

3 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:50am On Dec 14, 2018
verifiablefacts:

Of the beauty of Islam is also RESPECT, hardly you hear a good Muslim using derogatory words towards other faiths.
spits on their skull! no you can hear that.A Muslim need not swear to comment on Christian threads, why,because a Muslim will not spit on anyone's skull.

What could be more derogatory than refusing to wish same people that wish you happy sallah, Merry Christmas? You call them unbelievers and also teach your children to call them so.

Is it not why you guys spend most of your time criticising Christian practices rather than focusing on building your morals. The product of your misteaching is what we see today in Boko Haram, All Qaeda, All shabbab and all the Al's of this world.

Your religion is seriously a big pain.
I only respect Yoruba Muslims a bit. They seem to have a reduced wacko thinking.

12 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by tomcytmcy4: 11:50am On Dec 14, 2018
My fellow muslim ummah, asalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatu'u
Is good morning, goo afternoon, good evening and good night innovation, bidiah?
le me go an start preparin 4 jumma'at mosque sef
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Mofy123: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2018
I don't know why Christains loves us this much. They always carry our matter for head like gala. We hate no one too it's just that there is a difference in belief. salaam alaikum warahmotulah wabarakatuh.

2 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by verifiablefacts: 11:56am On Dec 14, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

What could be more derogatory than refusing to wish same people that wish you happy sallah, Merry Christmas? You call them unbelievers and also teach your children to call them so.

Is it not why you guys spend most of your time criticising Christian practices rather than focusing on building your morals. The product of your misteaching is what we see today in Boko Haram, All Qaeda, All shabbab and all the Al's of this world.

Your religion is seriously a big pain.
is like you don't know the meaning of unbeliever,and is never a derogatory term.
A Muslim is an unbeliever to a Christian and vice versa.

And I'll never refer to your religion 'a big pain'

1 Like

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by edunwanna: 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
"Religion of piss" indeed
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by freeman67: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please what is the ruling on boarding vehicles, planes, car and motorcycles? I also want to know the ruling on using the technologies of phones, laptops and cameras since all these are innovations of this present generation and were not used during the days of the Prophet (SAW).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by doskie(m): 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Bismillah,

Salam alaikum brother,

Thanks for sharing. However I have reservations about this. This is the first time I am hearing this as I know that it is a scholarly concecus that it is not permissible to say Merry Christmas . The prophet (peace and blessing) be upon him said that Allah will not cause the ummah to agree on falsehood. The scholars agree that what is meant is by that is the unanimous agreement of the scholars on issues ( such as in the case of saying Merry Christmas).

On th barest minimum, saying Merry Christmas is encouraging disbelif. No doubt this is not a celebration from Allah but rather of kufr. I am not a 100% sure Christmas existed during the time of the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him), but I know that the Jews had their religious celebrations and so did the pagans.

Are there evidences that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon) him or the shabas or righteous prdessasors congratulated the pagans or other non-Muslims during their religious festivals and celebrated disbelief? The answer is no. Not at all.

If there are no evidences that the prophet (peace and bessing) be upon him, his sahabas or the righteous predecessors (who are the best generations after the prophet), congratulated non-Muslims on their religious festivals, out of courtesy, then why should we?

If a Muslim feels to shy to give dawah or is unsure what to say when someone says Merry Christmas, then he/she can say thank you.

On a side note, I am extremely curious about this sheikh. Do you happen to know more information about him? What he promotes? Background information? You know one can never be too cautious or protective regarding the deen. It is vital to research information reaching us about the deen, especially in these times when there is so much confusion in the ummah.

Once again, thanks for sharing

Salam alaykum
I agree with you absolutely. Studying the tafseer of suratul kafirun. The rosul saw was approached by the kufars at the time to follow their religion for a while so in turn they reciprocate. One would have thought of that as a good idea, expecting that during the period they follow Islam, they will convert. But then, Allah revealed suratul kafirun distinguishing everyones path of worship. One of the lessons in that tafseer is that islamic practices are not based on mutual truces and understanding from non Muslims. What is halal is halal whether or not it pleases the disbelievers. And vice versa. So even if they tell us happy sallah, that is not the yardstick to measure what we reciprocate with. If a Christian attended my wedding in the mosque, should I attend his own in the church? It is not out of courtesy for our human contemporary that we should say a thing that we have no knowledge of. Happy Christmas is congratulating the christians on the birth of prophet isah (as). We as Muslims believe in him. But the rosul saw didn't celebrate his own birthday. So why should we congratulate those celebrating the birthday of prophet isah. It is still a matter of concern that we should tell our friends happy birthday. Talk less of extending it to the prophets. May Allah guide us and make the seen easy for us.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
verifiablefacts:

is like you don't know the meaning of unbeliever,and is never a derogatory term.
A Muslim is an unbeliever to a Christian and vice versa.

And I'll never refer to your religion 'a big pain'

Sure my religion is not a big pain since it does not have groups that teach kids to wear suicide velts and blow up themselves in crowded places.

And who told you Christians see others as unbelievers? We love everyone equally and respect your belief. We post on our Facebook pages wishing Muslims happy Sallah without thinking twice. This is what we were asked to do by God. Love is the beauty of our religion.

While you ponder to wish us Merry Christmas, we enjoy the love we share among ourselves.

Its unfortunate you hardly have LOVE.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Fatherofdragons: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
verifiablefacts:

There you go,the problem with some of us,is not wanting to be treated as we treat,imaging calling other Christians that wish Muslims, foolish.Where do you place your self now,assuming you are a Muslim reading that your comment,I guess a terrorist comment?

Know that,that believe and conviction you have towards your Faith is the same your neighbor has towards his.

If you looked at him as a terrorist,based on your differences, he looked at you as terrorist based on your differences.

I called those Christians foolish because they are blind to the immense intolerance you Muslims exhibit towards them and am trying to tell them that wishing Muslims happy sallah will not stop them from being blown up to bits and pieces.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by IamAtikulate: 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
fk001:

You are not telling the whole story here, so you are expecting us to believe that the Muslims insulted you just because you mistakenly intrude into their chat without any reason?

Lol you are a joker.

Why is it that the Muslim in here didn't insult you despite all the insults your Christians brethren are showering on them?
They didn't insult me because I mistakenly entered their Chatbot, they insulted me when I told them I am a christian and believes in Jesus.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by aadoiza: 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
dultmax:
All greetings belongs to Allah...All compliments, all physical prayer , and all monetary worship are for Allah. Why shouldn’t we realize that....1. Allah is so great and human brain can’t even comprehend his greatness
2. Allah created everything we can see and everything we cannot see
3. Allah has power over everything both known and unknown
4. If Allah had wanted a world of Muslims alone, all he needs is to say Be...and it will be
5. He created the Christians and not only them all other religions in our planet
5. He sent Prophet Muhammad to us to perfect our ways, Islam being the last of the religions
The Prophet perfectly lived with all humans and still the most influential human to walk on this planet.
If the prophet SAW had segregated himself from people of other religions and is strict, how would Islam get to us today?

Do we forget the story of the woman who always stone Prophet Muhammad SAW while walking in her street and one day, the Prophet observes the woman wasn’t stoning her, He asked where the woman lives and still pay her visit just realize she was sick. He prayed for her and the woman was surprised how perfect this Human is...she finally embraces Islam.

Let the world see that kindness of Prophet Muhammad In we Muslims. Be kind to everyone irrespective of their religion, tribe, races and greet them. Tell them merry Xmas, wish them a happy new year.....that’s doesn’t mean kufr. Islam teaches best of character.

Merry Xmas and Happy new year to Christian Borthers and Sisters.

Thanks
What you wrote about the holy prophet (SAW) really touched me. I shed a tear.

Thank you
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by MyAmericandream(f): 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
SMH
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Simple answer-NO
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Pat081: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
If dey like dey can wish mi merry Christmas n if dey dnt dat dnt mean dat I will dead and nt all Christians celebrate Christmas
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Dreydoe(m): 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
Big no..

If you think yes... Then you need to go back and Learn the deen properly
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by principalgee: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
So so interesting.
I'm still learning....
I remain standing for Islam
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by verifiablefacts: 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

Sure my religion is not a big pain since it does not have groups that teach kids to wear suicide velts and blow up themselves in crowded places.

And who told you Christians see others as unbelievers? We love everyone equally and respect your belief. We post on our Facebook pages wishing Muslims happy Sallah without thinking twice. This is what we were asked to do by God. Love is the beauty of our religion.

While you ponder to wish us Merry Christmas, we enjoy the love we share among ourselves.

Its unfortunate you hardly have LOVE.
honesty YOU don't know the meaning of an unbeliever.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Rickiedee(m): 7:41am On Dec 19, 2018
if u don't wish me I don't wish you shikena.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruling On Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian NY / Ruling On Depositing Money In The Bank And How To Treat The Interest / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.