Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) (16131 Views)

COVID-19: Multiple Auto Crash As Residents Rush To Beat Curfew In Edo (Video) / University Students Rush To See Helicopter After Emergency Landing In Kogi. PICS / Would You Sit On This Danfo Seat During Rush Hour In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by optimusprime2(m): 6:09am On Dec 25, 2016
Have you ever wondered why getting a visit visa to some countries as a Nigerian is just outright difficult?
Have you ever wondered why as an International student you are told to take a test of English, regardless of the fact your official language is English?
Have you ever wondered why Nigerians are often victims of scrutiny by law enforcement officials in western societies?
Now, Consider these;

Case 1: Tom is an average business man from a humble background in Nigeria, he really fancies a big break and eyes a shot at Dubai-U.A.E(The land of Arab cash), he eventually gathers all his life savings from his modest business and travels out. A while later, he starts western unioning his folks quite a chunk of dollars monthly and shortly after, a huge building project commences in his hometown, courtesy of Tom...

Case 2: Dick is an aspiring footballer and dreams of playing pro football in Europe. He struggles to get there and with the help of "some" agent, he eventually succeeds. A couple later he shows up his local neighborhood with a shiny large SUV...

Case 3: Harry is an unemployed young graduate, and is desperate to leave the country, strongly believing that if he steps foot into the streets of London to "hussle", he will hammer as he is a sharp guy. He finally winds up some British chic online and like a joke he lands in the UK, a couple later he floats pictures on social media with his "Oyibo" bae- apparently, he is livin' the dream...

Now the above stated cases are classic scenarios, and most individuals truly yearn for such opportunities abroad as they feel life "abroad" is more rosier and served on a platter of Gold. Due to this longing to be like "Tom, Dick and Harry", the desperation of many Nigerians to go abroad is dangerously high, that many are willing to even take high risks just to procure visas or leave the shores of Nigeria, including a full desert venture enroute Libya by foot, in an effort to cross the Mediterranean (Trust me I have seen alot of crazy efforts, like a lot).

But the plain truth is this; Not everybody can be Tom, Dick or Harry. Because someone went to London and succeeded does not mean it's gonna be the same for another person. In some cases going abroad could yield benefits, and in some cases it could be a total disaster. Lets take a look at a couple of things first before you decide to pack your bags;

1-Whats the plan? I have said this thousands of times, "a clueless person at home, will be clueless abroad". You are struggling so desperately to go to Europe and hussle, do you have a laid out plan of the hussle strategy? Like there are alot of Nigerians stuck in Dubai as you read this text, they don't even have the luxury of being deported, just because they fled to Dubai without any specific plan, only because "Tom did it and is making Arab money" so they thought they could do it too... SMH even the Bible says "write a vision and make it plain...". You need to have a plan of action, a blue print of progressive thought, you need to have an innovative plan- in the absence of one, trust me "There is no place like home".

2- Are you Skilled? Face it, Gold is recognized as Gold anywhere in the world... i.e; if you plan on going to Australia to Hussle without any particular skill, you are on the pathway to becoming a statistic of homeless people in Australia. There are Nigerians in the US who are Hobo's, because they did'nt get any college or formal education and they don't exactly have any skills to make a living-some of these guys absconded on visit visas and thought they'd make the jackpot hussling(Nigerians are notorious for overstaying their visit visas, which makes the process of obtaining one difficult for genuine Nigerian travellers, as all Nigerians are now assumed to be potential immigrants by many countries) but #Wrong ... let Trump catch those ones. On a serious note, lets say you are a skilled programmer and you decide to legally migrate to the US for instance, do you think you wont have a fair shot at living large? unfortunately, the large chunk of uneducated/unskilled Nigerians constituting a menace in various parts of the world, have given a percentage of some people the perspective that; "The average Nigerian is uneducated and can't speak clear English", this actually frustrates the efforts of legit educated/skilled Nigerian seeking for opportunities abroad... My point? There are also uneducated/unskilled Americans too, but they don't bother about travelling abroad to embarrass themselves, in the name of "hussling". So there it is, "HAVE A SKILL!"

3- Do you know where you are going? It Amazes me how some people just look up visa free countries with the Nigerian passport online, and decide to just hop on the next available flight to go and hussle, "Chai una no go kee me!" some people don't even do research about the terrain, language or culture of a certain place, all they do is find out; if there are jobs, how hussle dey for that side and zoom... they are off! even if its to Nepal. Just go to Italy for example and see what some Nigerians are doing on the streets, esp the women-no offence but its true, those who know will know what I am talking about(Even the Italians have come to know a particular tribe in Nigeria that are engaged in particular trades at night). If you ask those Nigerians why; they would simply say; "they did'nt know this is what they would end up doing". check this out;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3ZrV2nUqg
I feel sorry for people who literally sell off potential fortunes in Nigeria, in a bid for "blind migration abroad"... Please if you have no idea of the country you are aiming to go and hussle, Biko, don't go and become a societal menace.

4- "That Particular Agent" I have said this as well, "deperate people will do desperate things", all in a bid to get that Visa, some people get Linked up to fraudulent characters or dangerous syndicates in the name of "an Agent"... Chai! I pity una. Be informed; Many terrorist groups are out there recruiting candidates to carry out their terrible acts, and such candidates are usually desperate people trying to go abroad- These agents actually assist in getting legit visas for their clients, but unfortunately like insects caught in a spiders web, these people get ensnared into what they can't get out of. There are also so called "agents" who end up screwing peoples profiles by providing falsified documents for visa applications, such people get instant life bans from some embassies and can NEVER travel westward anymore... Just because they were desperate and could'nt wait for their time. SMH... Beware of Agents o...

5- Confirmed Dollar$$ abroad?? In Nigeria, everyone wants to have his hands on dollars because of the current "Buharinomics", to the extent that even elderly people are being lured to become drug mules-unfortunately, they get caught. You see, if such people were not that desperate in going abroad, they would have probably crossed the T's and dotted the i's, but they were blinded to all the risks involved due to sheer desperation and greed for dollars. In Asia, e.g Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and Vietnam, the general impressions they have of Nigerian guys are "they are 419's, scammers and drug dealers"... How come you may ask? because the number of Nigerians who have been caught smuggling drugs and doing "yahoo" are phenomenal. I have been subjected to intense searches in certain airports just because my passport is green, on an occassion I thought it was the racism card that was being played, but when a Botswana guy behind me was allowed to pass freely, I knew this was just Naija people they were being cautious about.(Deep down I felt hurt, because I painfully realized Nigerians have been stereotyped Negatively- i.e there are Africans, then there are the Nigerians)
Please, abeg, please stay away from "fast money abroad"... There is no other substitute for hard work and productive creativity.

6- Every country is unique Because snow falls in Turkey like Canada, you now assume Turkey and Canada are the same, so you try to run there because abroad is abroad... na lie o, all abroad no be abroad. Some systems in some countries are not foreigner friendly at all therefore you are not welcome... and thats just the way it is, so if you run to Belarus for instance thinking you would start western unioning your folks in no time like Tom ... Well, good luck. Bottom line some countries are just meant for her Citizens alone- oh by the way, some countries in Europe and Asia are even more "third world" than Nigeria. Do intense research about prospective countries you intend to migrate to and find out what is unique about them, if the uniqueness is compatible with your aspirations then give it a shot. If not then don't kill yourself, stay at home.

With all this what am I trying to say?
Please do not be "die hard" desperate to go abroad and Hussle, cancel that mentality. Build yourself up before venturing into unknown territories, there is a clear difference between a Foreign Expatriate and an Immigrant, I strongly believe in Nigerians earning the right to be called "Expats" not immigrants in general.
In doing so Nigerians as a whole would build a better image of themselves abroad... (Hopefully).

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by wydmag(m): 6:27am On Dec 25, 2016
People think the grass is greener abroad than in Nigeria, no doubt about that! But we have forgotten that for a grass to be green, it had to be watered, manured and trimmed consecutively. Take Dubai for Example, in the 1990s, the crowned prince knew the oil with soon extinct, he started building up structures like the one and only, reknown hotel, THE ARABIAN TOWER which they finished in 2000. He turned Dubai from desert to paradise on earth.
We need to change our mentality, have proper orientation and profitable business perspective for Nigeria.
It is true that Our politicians too are milking us dry, but we are the diarymen they are using for the milking!
Everybody is quilty for where Nigeria is now!
We need to wake up!
Merry Xmas!!!
Still looking for my chicken since last night!!!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Nutase: 6:37am On Dec 25, 2016
grin
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Damibiz(m): 6:42am On Dec 25, 2016
God bless my father land Nigeria nd bless the Op,as for me nd my family,we are going to make it here in NIGEria....nd abroad go come hustle us here...

3 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by VickyRotex(f): 6:44am On Dec 25, 2016
cool cool cool
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by virtual3xpert: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2016
Very well written @optimusprime2. Although I've lost hope in Nigeria and believe one can make a better life in the West, it shouldn't be by hook or by crook. Thanks for this.

Merry Christmas!!

6 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by optimusprime2(m): 11:01am On Dec 25, 2016
virtual3xpert:
Very well written @optimusprime2. Although I've lost hope in Nigeria and believe one can make a better life in the West, it shouldn't be by hook or by crook. Thanks for this.

Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas to you!!!
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by sirvvy: 11:41am On Dec 25, 2016
epic!!
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by adigunomomama(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2016
Thou i am in the part of the world that they are struggling too but far far better that my country NIGERIA. And that don't stop me from praying for my beloved country every gadamn morning I wake up because no place like home.

God Bless Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by dayleke: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nice and well written @OP

Some people are so enthralled by the falsehoods and are blinded by the truth.
They will tell you, "Let me see/experience the life myself and be the judge of it."

Some will never learn....

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 26, 2016
OP very nice post. But Nigerians in diaspora are not helping matters, these folks flood nairaland and other Nigerian forums painting a picture of their lives as if they all live in Eldorado abroad.

The worst part is that they seem to forget that not everyone actually wants to migrate abroad, some love their lives here no matter how white you try to paint your life abroad. They tend to talk down at some of us back home. Imagine someone opening a thread about recently relocating to US and in almost all his posts he writes about how backward we are here and people applaud him yet all he eats there is Nigerian food.

If it was really Eldorado as these diasporans intend to paint it what are so many of them doing on here and why do they keep returning home? If there is nothing to miss about Nigeria.

I still believe our country will be great, my land of endless sunshine and harmattan in December, this country belongs to me. I don't like Buhari's policies and I thank God that he would not be here forever. The best way to live here is to be your own economist and financial strategist, good luck fellow Nigerians

19 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Godson201333(m): 8:47am On Dec 26, 2016
The OP is right....Before you leave Nigeria,You need God to intervene.

The most important thing is that you migrate from Nigeria to other countries with at least a solid Visa that automatically gives you a legal status.

the journey is not always easy, if you travel with a visiting visa and later stay back ILLEGAL.

5 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
Pidgin2:
OP very nice post. But Nigerians in diaspora are not helping matters, these folks flood nairaland and other Nigerian forums painting a picture of their lives as if they all live in Eldorado abroad.

The worst part is that they seem to forget that not everyone actually wants to migrate abroad, some love their lives here no matter how white you try to paint your life abroad. They tend to talk down at some of us back home. Imagine someone opening a thread about recently relocating to US and in almost all his posts he writes about how backward we are here and people applaud him yet all he eats there is Nigerian food.

If it was really Eldorado as these diasporans intend to paint it what are so many of them doing on here and why do they keep returning home? If there is nothing to miss about Nigeria.

I still believe our country will be great, I don't like Buhari's policies and I thank God that he would not be here forever. The best way to live here is to be your own economist and financial strategist, good luck fellow Nigerians

Enemy of progress stop frontin. If I offer to give you my Canadian passport you no go take am ? Story, story. So because one chops naija food abroad they can't call out their government back home? You don't think in 2016 the "giant of africa" should have basic amenities for all its citizens like running water or constant electricity? So that's being forward still baffing with bucket in 2016 ? People return home because they still have family there. If it wasn't for my family there is would have burned my useless green passport years ago.

That being said this thread is legit. Have a plan and attempt to legitimize yourself once you land abroad. And attempt to come to Canada or America before those European countries. They're less racist here. But hustling without papers still gives you more opportunities than living in naija with papers without a doubt. Unless you're Dangote or psquare, anyone who say they'd rather remain in naija than get a Yankee passport is either ignorant or is lying period.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
maternal:

Enemy of progress stop frontin. If I offer to give you my Canadian passport you no go take am ? Story, story. So because one chops naija food abroad they can't call out their government back home? You don't think in 2016 the "giant of africa" should have basic amenities for all its citizens like running water or constant electricity? So that's being forward still baffing with bucket in 2016 ? People return home because they still have family there. If it wasn't for my family there is would have burned my useless green passport years ago.

That being said this thread is legit. Have a plan and attempt to legitimize yourself once you land abroad. And attempt to come to Canada or America before those European countries. They're less racist here. But hustling without papers still gives you more opportunities than living in naija with papers without a doubt. Unless you're Dangote or psquare, anyone who say they'd rather remain in naija than get a Yankee passport is either ignorant or is lying period.
#Epic

6 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
Wow!....soooo on point! Most of this would enter one ear and out the other... soooo many people have their minds made up about what is in store for them abroad... all they need to do is get a visa and leave.... when they get wherever they get to ... they would make things happen... a poorly planned if planned at all Plan A..m with no consideration for a Plan B. Failing to plan is planning to fail.
There is a thread "I've made it to the US.. thanks Nairalanders" by jwillng..... where he did pretty much what your thread advises.... he researched and planned for two years...made connections so when he got there it was smooth sailing....a man with a plan.
On Nigerians in the diaspora misleading us at home.... that's not fair.... almost all the time they try to give us a dose of reality... but we don't want to hear that and accuse them of discouraging us from wanting to go and have a better life. Op would be accused of the same.... afterall.... abroad is El Dorado... anywhere abroad is better than home.....that's the mentality that's not easy to reset.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by optimusprime2(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
maternal:

Darn right you are! You see, alot of people are sooo bent on heading to Countries like the US, Canada et al, but unfortunately they have no plan, I mean like no plan at all. Now these bunch of people constitute a general problem because they end up living in shadows in an effort to escape the law, after they get to these countries they'd been gunning for.
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
wydmag:
People think the grass is greener abroad than in Nigeria, no doubt about that! But we have forgotten that for a grass to be green, it had to be watered, manured and trimmed consecutively. Take Dubai for Example, in the 1990s, the crowned prince knew the oil with soon extinct, he started building up structures like the one and only, reknown hotel, THE ARABIAN TOWER which they finished in 2000. He turned Dubai from desert to paradise on earth.
We need to change our mentality, have proper orientation and profitable business perspective for Nigeria.
It is true that Our politicians too are milking us dry, but we are the diarymen they are using for the milking!
Everybody is quilty for where Nigeria is now!
We need to wake up!
Merry Xmas!!!
Still looking for my chicken since last night!!!!

but how do you water the plants when u are tied down with guns pointing at u daring u to move
and be shot.

am sorry, but naija problem is huge, and its not just the political class.

the common naija man is as dishonest as it gets, accidentally drop 500 in front of an 8yr old how many do u think will call u and return it? employ a youth in ur shop and see how long it will take before they start stealing from you.

we are desensitized to the sufferings of our fellow citizens, as long as me and my family are ok, i dont care how or wat my neighbor and her kids ate last night.

the testimonies i hear in church each sunday , shocks me d more. pple will come singing, dancing rolling on the floor, testify how they had an accident and all the occupants died except her. and we all shouting jubilating, but how about the 12 that died?? sorry i digress.

my opinion is, if u ever get an opportunity to travel outside nigeria , especially to europe or america pls Grab it.
the minute u get there start looking a way to settle and regularize ur status, forget all the friends and relatives that will be calling and putting pressure on u, just focus on your goal, getting your KPALI.

after dat, life is sweet, that i know. cheesy

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

I still believe our country will be great, I don't like Buhari's policies and I thank God that he would not be here forever. The best way to live here is to be your own economist and financial strategist, good luck fellow Nigerians

cheesy cheesy

but its true na, naija is backwards, let first learn to tell each other the truth.

if am ur friend and i have BO i expect u to tell me blank, babes u no dey smell nice, after awhile i will start to pay
attention to it and start habit to change it.

but if u keep telling me, babes u smell so good, i want to smell like u when i grow up etc are u a true friend?

my point is, dont take it personal, naija belongs to all of us, both those in diaspora and those at home.

its painful to see your country so hungry in the midst of plenty undecided

7 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 27, 2016
Nicely written and informative.

Thanks OP
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 9:46am On Dec 27, 2016
bebe2:
my opinion is, if u ever get an opportunity to travel outside nigeria , especially to europe or america pls Grab it.
the minute u get there start looking a way to settle and regularize ur status, forget all the friends and relatives that will be calling and putting pressure on u, just focus on your goal, getting your KPALI.

after dat, life is sweet, that i know. cheesy

I respect your opinion.... but isn't this what Op is warning about?.... just grabbing the opportunity to go and when you get there you would make a way?... the same that soooo many have done then ended up trapped abroad...suffering....hoping to return home no matter the situation at home?....women become prostitutes etc?...that was not part of their plan. Nothing wrong in going abroad... I think everybody should get the opportunity to.... just look well before leaping.

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:
I respect your opinion.... but isn't this what Op is warning about?.... just grabbing the opportunity to go and when you get there you would make a way?... the same that soooo many have done then ended up trapped abroad...suffering....hoping to return home no matter the situation at home?....women become prostitutes etc?...that was not part of their plan. Nothing wrong in going abroad... I think everybody should get the opportunity to.... just look well before leaping.

I agree with u on certain areas but the issue is access to these country legally is damn hard, it seem to be reserve for the elite only.

Most pple I know today came in through trafficking which can be a terrible means to get in.

Others came in through resemblance, or manipulating the docs to suit their image. I am still of the opinion of get in first.

and why would anybody be trapped abroad? If u are tired , reveal ur sef to the authorities and they will happily deport u.
I know a Family that claimed their porverty was caused by generational curses , one of the sons managed to travel by land, in a few years he invited 2 of his brothers to join him In Germany , today this same family is the prayer point of contact for others in the community.

Abroad works 80pc of the times, that's from my experience.

12 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:

You have to realize OP's opinion are one-sided and ignorant. To begin with everyone's destiny is not the same. If you apply for a job and don't get it, does that mean I shouldn't at least apply ? But what OP fails to mention is that unless your parent(s) are wealthy business people or politicians, you're not likely getting a visa. So what do these people do ? Stay and continue to sell pure water, while making 1 US dollar per day with no real future or hope ? I'd rather take a chance at abroad. Even if I get deported, I can live with failure, but I cannot live with not trying. Secondly, nobody is trapped abroad unless they commit a crime. These people are doing every possible not to return to Nigeria, because believe me, these countries would gladly deport them back to naija. Lastly, everyone is putting down these prostitutes like naija no get prostitutes and it isn't the main line of work for unemployed young woman in the country. At least the ashewo's in Italy are collecting Euro's oppose to naira. In this situation nobody should look before leaping, because the worse thing that can happen is that you land back in Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
bebe2:

I agree with u on certain areas but the issue is access to these country legally is damn hard, it seem to be reserve for the elite only.

Most pple I know today came in through trafficking which can be a terrible means to get in.

Others came in through resemblance, or manipulating the docs to suit their image. I am still of the opinion of get in first.

and why would anybody be trapped abroad? If u are tired , reveal ur sef to the authorities and they will happily deport u.
I know a Family that claimed their porverty was caused by generational curses , one of the sons managed to travel by land, in a few years he invited 2 of his brothers to join him In Germany , today this same family is the prayer point of contact for others in the community.

Abroad works 80pc of the times, that's from my experience.

We basically said the same thing.

4 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
maternal:

You have to realize OP's opinion are one-sided and ignorant. To begin with everyone's destiny is not the same. If you apply for a job and don't get it, does that mean I shouldn't at least apply ? But what OP fails to mention is that unless your parent(s) are wealthy business people or politicians, you're not likely getting a visa. So what do these people do ? Stay and continue to sell pure water, while making 1 US dollar per day with no real future or hope ? I'd rather take a chance at abroad. Even if I get deported, I can live with failure, but I cannot live with not trying. Secondly, nobody is trapped abroad unless they commit a crime. These people are doing every possible not to return to Nigeria, because believe me, these countries would gladly deport them back to naija. Lastly, everyone is putting down these prostitutes like naija no get prostitutes and it isn't the main line of work for unemployed young woman in the country. At least the ashewo's in Italy are collecting Euro's oppose to naira. In this situation nobody should look before leaping, because the worse thing that can happen is that you land back in Nigeria.
We all can't have the same opinion.... I may not agree with her but I wouldn't condemn her or insult her or having a view contrary to mine. The same as you believe in leaping first and looking after.... I wouldn't condemn you but would have a fair idea of the type of person you are.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
bebe2:

It will be easier for the elite to get visas because they can show they have strong ties to the country.... wouldn't abscond and let their businesses fail et c. But that doesn't mean others can't get visas as well. One good way is to travel to other countries... even in Africa itself first to establish a travel history... which would indicate you just love to travel and visit other countries. If US or Canada or I talk is your first choice... then why wouldn't the VO think you are trying to go to hustle? My friend is a nobody... and had no problem getting a US Visa using this method... travelled twice and returned. ..and would have no problem getting a visa to Italy, Canada, Australia or any country ...because of the resume.

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:
It will be easier for the elite to get visas because they can show they have strong ties to the country.... wouldn't abscond and let their businesses fail et c. But that doesn't mean others can't get visas as well. One good way is to travel to other countries... even in Africa itself first to establish a travel history... which would indicate you just love to travel and visit other countries. If US or Canada or I talk is your first choice... then why wouldn't the VO think you are trying to go to hustle? My friend is a nobody... and had no problem getting a US Visa using this method... travelled twice and returned. ..and would have no problem getting a visa to Italy, Canada, Australia or any country ...because of the resume.

Yeah , your friend is fortunate to be able to travel around to establish his travel history but una family where they are selling their only piece of land for the first son to travel, u wouldn't expect them to first go to Ghana or Liberia to establish history, their first thought would be the final destination.

Life for the poor is so difficult, if only these foreign countries know how pple scrape together to apply for visas they won't be rejecting applications them for the flimsiest of reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
maternal:

U said my mind, especially on the prostitution thing, there are prostitutes everywhere. Just that the European ones are more defined.

I attended uniben, and I can categorically tell u that prostitution there was an everyday thing, They just called it Runz.

The Italian girls use theirs to build houses and uplift their family out of porverty while the runz girls used theirs on designer shoes and clothes.

4 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by optimusprime2(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
maternal:

So I am not misunderstood, Lemme give you further insight to what I am referring to;
I had a female colleague of mine who got an opportunity to go to Italy, fully sponsored by a Pharmaceutical firm- of course she was fully qualified for the position as she was equipped with a B.sc in Biology and an M.sc in Bio-Engineering... would you believe she was denied a visa flatout at the Italian Embassy despite all her legit documents and strong claims to professional advancement, why?? Because she was assumed to be a potential prostitute seeking an advanced schenghen visa to ply her trade flexibly (Mind you, this was not in Nigeria). Although the case was later battled out by the hiring coy, however the experience was quite an embarrassing one for this lady.
Now, you get my point? ... Genuine Aspiring young Nigerian visa applicants, are faced with this challenge of overcoming huge Negative assumptions by embassies, because of other Nigerians who just jumped to these countries blindly and became a nuisance(Even if there must be Nigerian ashawo's and drug pushers et al abroad, must they be in phenomenal numbers?). This just shows Nigerians are more likely to become a Nuisance , due to this hussle type mentality, that encourages blind migration.

So basically as a Nigerian that falls under a youthful age group, you are very more likely to have a denied visa application, regardless of your reason. Does that fact not bother you?
I am not saying "nobody should'nt go abroad", I am saying "if you don't have an aim or productive plan for going abroad(if your destiny is not abroad like you said), then don't go and block the road for others who do" ... period.
#Dropsmic

6 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
bebe2:

Yeah , your friend is fortunate to be able to travel around to establish his travel history but una family where they are selling their only piece of land for the first son to travel, u wouldn't expect them to first go to Ghana or Liberia to establish history, their first thought would be the final destination.

Life for the poor is so difficult, if only these foreign countries know how pple scrape together to apply for visas they won't be rejecting applications them for the flimsiest of reasons.
I hear you. .. but cashing in the only piece of land for the first son to travel is not an investment in this case... but a gamble....no different than those who place bet with their entire salary.... some win most don't. On the other hand those same now rich countries were once poor... very poor... but they stuck it out and made them what they are today.... and are still struggling to make them better. I guess if we travel abroad and face the reality of living there ...especially illegally... we would have a different view. Until then... we can continue to build castles in the sky.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Ugosample(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
adigunomomama:
Thou i am in the part of the world that they are struggling too but far far better that my country NIGERIA. And that don't stop me from praying for my beloved country every gadamn morning I wake up because no place like home.

God Bless Nigeria

Which country biko?
Tell me pls
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:
I hear you. .. but cashing in the only piece of land for the first son to travel is not an investment in this case... but a gamble....no different than those who place bet with their entire salary.... some win most don't. On the other hand those same now rich countries were once poor... very poor... but they stuck it out and made them what they are today.... and are still struggling to make them better. I guess if we travel abroad and face the reality of living there ...especially illegally... we would have a different view. Until then... we can continue to build castles in the sky.

Yea it's a gamble I agree but it's better than doing nothing and watch ur children and grandchildren wallow in abject porverty.

And when pple compare Europe and America poor days to Nigeria of today it just makes me feel like you don't know how bad things are in the country.

Why wud 17th century Europe and America be compared with Nigeria in 2016?

3 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:
We all can't have the same opinion.... I may not agree with her but I wouldn't condemn her or insult her or having a view contrary to mine. The same as you believe in leaping first and looking after.... I wouldn't condemn you but would have a fair idea of the type of person you are.

I agree and I wasn't trying to insult/ put him/her down. But I feel if you're going to tell someone not to do X, you should then give them another solution. If I tell the arm robber to stop robbing people, then I better be able to tell him/her where they can go get a job. It's easy to judge someone when you're not in their shoes, but it's hard to give a realistic solution.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Safety Bureau To Investigate Single-jet Crash In Ikeja / Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements / FG To Close Third Mainland Bridge For Emergency Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.