Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? (61284 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by IsaacBuchi(m): 12:12am On Dec 29, 2016
Hairyrapunzel:

I said wedding anniversaries not weddings. Wedding anniversaries were not mentioned in the bible and it is of pagan origin
The bible never mentioned siesta and eye paint in good light
The wearing of eye paint is mentioned twice, once in reference to wicked queen Jezebel (2 Kings 9:30) and secondly to apostate Israel (Jer 4:30).
2 samuel 4 vs 5-7 contains the only instance where a siesta is mentioned in the Bible, and results in a beheading.
Read your bible very well

Tell me the pagan origin of wedding anniversary

Siesta (sleep) where did it originate from?

Eye paint - the bible encourages external adornment, but with modesty. 1 Pet. 3:3, 4

Get a new glasses when reading your bible. Acts 8:36-38
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:54am On Dec 29, 2016
IsaacBuchi:

Eye paint - the bible encourages external adornment, but with modesty. 1 Pet. 3:3, 4

Siesta was associated with beheading sheybi you observe your siesta at night? i said eye paint not external adornment don't change it was associated with jezebel and apostate isreal do you forbid them?
That some body did something bad on his birthday doesn't make birthday bad or something eg an accessory associated with a bad person doesn't make the accessory bad is the person that is bad. You twist the bible to suit you own doctrine and I didn't say sleep or external adornment I was specific.
If you want to generalise read col 2 vs 16 take Christmas and birthday as our festival and don't judge us or say you are warning us
Then Google origin of wedding anniversary cause it was not mentioned in the bible.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2016
IsaacBuchi:

Siesta was associated with beheading sheybi you observe your siesta at night? i said eye paint not external adornment don't change it was associated with jezebel and apostate isreal do you forbid them?
That some body did something bad on his birthday doesn't make birthday bad or something eg an accessory associated with a bad person doesn't make the accessory bad is the person that is bad. You twist the bible to suit you own doctrine and I didn't say sleep or external adornment I was specific.
If you want to generalise read col 2 vs 16 take Christmas and birthday as our festival and don't judge us or say you are warning us
Then Google origin of wedding anniversary cause it was not mentioned in the bible.

You also raised an interesting point in acts 8: 36 -38 Philip interpreting the scriptures to the eunuch and then baptising him. Philip is one man not and organisation and he searched the scriptures not a magazine or website for interpretation and the eunuch was happy and you forgot to add vs 39 the eunuch happily went his way he didn't have to follow phillip. So read you bible which is the scriptures I have my pastor to explain it to me if I have difficulty in understanding and also pray for the holy spirits guidance.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2016
Hairyrapunzel:

You also raised an interesting point in acts 8: 36 -38 Philip interpreting the scriptures to the eunuch and then baptising him. Philip is one man not and organisation and he searched the scriptures not a magazine or website for interpretation and the eunuch was happy and you forgot to add vs 39 the eunuch happily went his way he didn't have to follow phillip. So read you bible which is the scriptures I have my pastor to explain it to me if I have difficulty in understanding and also pray for the holy spirits guidance.

Answer the question:

Where did wedding anniversary, siesta, eye paint originate from?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:52am On Dec 29, 2016
IsaacBuchi:

Answer the question:

Where did wedding anniversary, siesta, eye paint originate from?
It doesn't change the fact that wedding anniversary is pagan in origin and it is never mentioned in the bible. I said Google origin of wedding anniversary

For siesta and eye paint I never said anything about origin. In the bible they were associated with bad things the only time they were mentioned siesta associated with beheading and eye paint jezebel and apostate isreal. I am talking of how they used them in the bible. Don't change the topic.

Don't give excuse for celebrating something that has ties to pagan origin and doing things that were associated with bad people the only time they were mentioned in the bible.

So your jehovah cherry picks? That is don't celebrate this one with pagan origin but you can celebrate the other with pagan origin, or don't do this because it was associated with bad people in the bible but you can do the other ones associated with bad things and bad people in the bible

I think the bible made it clear on things we should do and not do. If God didn't want us to do certain things he would have said so. It would have been written down
Or you want to tell me that Jehovah forgot to put those things we should or should not do down in the bible?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by IsaacBuchi(m): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hairyrapunzel:

It doesn't change the fact that wedding anniversary is pagan in origin and it is never mentioned in the bible. I said Google origin of wedding anniversary

I have not seen it my brother, Google it and show me the link...so simple.

[/quote]
For siesta and eye paint I never said anything about origin. In the bible they were associated with bad things the only time they were mentioned siesta associated with beheading and eye paint jezebel and apostate isreal. I am talking of how they used them in the bible. Don't change the topic.
[quote]

You're the one changing your own topic. From the very onset the OP explained that Jehovah's witnesses don't celebrate because of their pagan origin and gave instances of the two pagan people related to it. Now, you're forcing the argument into another premise. It is not the People, it is the origin.

[quote]
Don't give excuse for celebrating something that has ties to pagan origin and doing things that were associated with bad people the only time they were mentioned in the bible.

So your jehovah cherry picks? That is don't celebrate this one with pagan origin but you can celebrate the other with pagan origin, or don't do this because it was associated with bad people in the bible but you can do the other ones associated with bad things and bad people in the bible

I think the bible made it clear on things we should do and not do. If God didn't want us to do certain things he would have said so. It would have been written down
Or you want to tell me that Jehovah forgot to put those things we should or should not do down in the bible?
[quote]

Don't stress yourself rushing to this conclusion....when you have successfully explain yourself you can now land.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
IsaacBuchi:

I have not seen it my brother, Google it and show me the link...so simple.

You're the one changing your own topic. From the very onset the OP explained that Jehovah's witnesses don't celebrate because of their pagan origin and gave instances of the two pagan people related to it. Now, you're forcing the argument into another premise. It is not the People, it is the origin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary
http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/birthdays-and-wedding-anniversaries/page-3
http://www.history.org/foundation/journal/spring07/anniversary.cfm

It doesn't change the fact that wedding anniversary was never mentioned in the bible. it had pagan origin. y do you celebrate it?
You are contradicting yourself you say it's not the People but you say the only people that celebrated birthday in the bible were unbelievers right?
So it should still have something to do with the people too.
The links above no one mentioned it being celebrated by the early christians so it had to be pagan in origin right?

It doesn't change the fact that your jehovah is not all knowing (not omniscient) in that he forgot to put down the things that we ought not to do in the bible or rather inspire the writers fully and he cherry picks.
You just want to give excuse for celebrating something that the early christians didn't celebrate and also has ties with pagan origin.
You have seen that somethings we do on daily basis were associated in the bible only with bad people now you want to shift to origin.
Did God tell us to celebrate wedding anniversary in the bible?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hairyrapunzel:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary
http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/birthdays-and-wedding-anniversaries/page-3
http://www.history.org/foundation/journal/spring07/anniversary.cfm

It doesn't change the fact that wedding anniversary was never mentioned in the bible. it had pagan origin. y do you celebrate it?
You are contradicting yourself you say it's not the People but you say the only people that celebrated birthday in the bible were unbelievers right?
So it should still have something to do with the people too.
The links above no one mentioned it being celebrated by the early christians so it had to be pagan in origin right?

It doesn't change the fact that your jehovah is not all knowing (not omniscient) in that he forgot to put down the things that we ought not to do in the bible or rather inspire the writers fully and he cherry picks.
You just want to give excuse for celebrating something that the early christians didn't celebrate and also has ties with pagan origin.
You have seen that somethings we do on daily basis were associated in the bible only with bad people now you want to shift to origin.
Did God tell us to celebrate wedding anniversary in the bible?

Well, I can just see you are just forcing your way with every irrelevant shred of info & defense line to defend this celebration. What is it that i and you is even discussing: Jesus birthday, Dec 25. Hmmm.....odiegwu.

To avoid unnecessary bickering & misunderstanding let's talk something else
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
IsaacBuchi:

Well, I can just see you are just forcing your way with every irrelevant shred of info & defense line to defend this celebration. What is it that i and you is even discussing: Jesus birthday, Dec 25. Hmmm.....odiegwu.

To avoid unnecessary bickering & misunderstanding let's talk something else

And you want to defend celebrating your own pagan celebration that is wedding anniversary let me celebrate my own that is Christmas Dec 25th in peace. To avoid bickering and misunderstanding We are both guilty of celebrating celebrations with pagan origins.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by rickyrex(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2017
Barristter07:

I know Jesus told his followers to remember his death but where exactly did he ask you to mark his birth ?

I firmly believe your parents did naming ceremony for you... You should have asked them why the waste of money on that
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by OneJ: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2018
rickyrex:

I firmly believe your parents did naming ceremony for you... You should have asked them why the waste of money on that
rickyrex:

[quote author=rickyrex post=52485190]

How many times did your parents do naming ceremony for you..?

Mark U , U called it "naming ceremony". Don't get it twisted.
Annual celebration of. birthdays is a pagan custom & practice.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by OneJ: 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

And you want to defend celebrating your own pagan celebration that is wedding anniversary let me celebrate my own that is Christmas Dec 25th in peace. To avoid bickering and misunderstanding We are both guilty of celebrating celebrations with pagan origins.

SERIAL LIAR & CORRECT WAYO MAN, Wedding originated from God who wedded Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve.

Weddings never originated. from paganism.

"And Jehovah proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman.... that is why a man will leave his father & mother & he must stick to his wife & they must become one flesh" Gen 2:18-24.
Wedding anniversary is proper for a Christian to rejoice with the wife of his youth.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
OneJ:

SERIAL LIAR & CORRECT WAYO MAN, Wedding originated from God who wedded Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve.

"And Jehovah proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman.... that is why a man will leave his father & mother & he must stick to his wife & they must become one flesh" Gen 2:18-24.
Wedding anniversary is proper for a Christian to rejoice with the wife of his youth.

Wedding anniversary we did not say wedding ceremony. We never said weddings originated from paganism. We said celebrating wedding anniversary.
That's how you people will see wedding anniversary and turn it to wedding inside your head because you can't handle the fact that wedding anniversaries originated from paganism.
Rejoicing with your wife of youth doesn't mean you celebrate wedding anniversary. Robot.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
OneJ:

When you cannot handle the fact that your practices, beliefs and doctrines are not even in the Bible you start shouting serial liar and correct man.
Who brought Adam and Steve inside this discussion now?
Wedding anniversary: the anniversary of the date a wedding took place. Wedding anniversary is not synonymous with wedding ceremony.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by OneJ: 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

When you cannot handle the fact that your practices, beliefs and doctrines are not even in the Bible you start shouting serial liar and correct man.
Who brought Adam and Steve inside this discussion now?
Wedding anniversary: the anniversary of the date a wedding took place. Wedding anniversary is not synonymous with wedding ceremony.

SERIAL LIAR extraordinaire . wey anti-JW virus done spoil finish, sotaay on top your lie lie, U still can't think straight.

For your mind , U go fit do wedding anniversary with out a wedding. IBERIBEISM. Hahahahahahahaaa
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2018
OneJ:

SERIAL LIAR extraordinaire . wey anti-JW virus done spoil finish, sotaay on top your lie lie, U still can't think straight.

For your mind , U go fit do wedding anniversary with out a wedding. IBERIBEISM. Hahahahahahahaaa

For your mind you go fit do birthday without a life.

I know how it feels to see that Bible never mentioned any body celebrating wedding anniversary. It's painful isn't it?
I know you dont know the difference between wedding ceremony and a wedding anniversary. Take heart. It's painful to discover that wedding anniversary has pagan origin.

Your Jehovah will allow people celebrating the anniversary of the date their wedding took place. According to jws it's because Jehovah God instituted marriage that's why he will allow his children to celebrate something that has a pagan origin.

Your Jehovah will not allow people celebrate the anniversary of the date they were born. Açcording to jws it's because Satan the devil instituted every life on earth and that's why Jehovah God will not allow birthday celebrations.

Also, according to jws celebrating the anniversary of the date a human being is born is of pagan origin like wedding anniversary but Jehovah just decided to single out birthdays because of reasons known to only watchtower. We should not forget that the Bible never records Jehovah saying these o but watchtower organisation in their magazines said so
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:17am On Aug 13, 2018
OneJ:

See someone thinking straight doesn't even know the difference between wedding anniversary and wedding ceremony. Lol.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2018
(1)God warned the Israelites not to copy any of the customs of the pagans from other nations so Israelites don't celebrate any festival that is not founded in the Mosaic laws.(2)It's clear that the birthday celebration has been in existence since the time of Abraham but unfortunately only pagans do celebrate it.Genesis 40:20 ,Matthew 14:6 (3) God's word specifically give much more references to the day of death than the day of birth (Ecclesiastes 7:1,2)so in line with that Jesus also taught His followers to remember His death NOT His birth and to impress in the minds of believers that a birthday wasn't a custom for Christians, all other DATE were well recorded in the Bible except JESUS' BIRTH~DATE.Luke 22:19 (4) Faithful men of old never celebrated birthdays and if there is any it would be before God gave his people instruction "not to copy any pagan customs" Jesus never celebrated His birthday,His parents never did for Him,His followers never did. So Jehovah's Witnesses concluded that celebrating ones birthday will bring no glory to the true God but to Satan who happens to be the ruler and God of this world,therefore we TOTALLY shunned it! Therefore if some people today decides to celebrate the birth of Jesus(Christmas),we'll try to express our views towards such a celebration and why we won't participate in it. God bless you!
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
TATIME:
(1)God warned the Israelites not to copy any of the customs of the pagans from other nations so Israelites don't celebrate any festival that is not founded in the Mosaic laws.(2)It's clear that the birthday celebration has been in existence since the time of Abraham but unfortunately only pagans do celebrate it.Genesis 40:20 ,Matthew 14:6 (3) God's word specifically give much more references to the day of death than the day of birth (Ecclesiastes 7:1,2)so in line with that Jesus also taught His followers to remember His death NOT His birth and to impress in the minds of believers that a birthday wasn't a custom for Christians, all other DATE were well recorded in the Bible except JESUS' BIRTH~DATE.Luke 22:19 (4) Faithful men of old never celebrated birthdays and if there is any it would be before God gave his people instruction "not to copy any pagan customs" Jesus never celebrated His birthday,His parents never did for Him,His followers never did. So Jehovah's Witnesses concluded that celebrating ones birthday will bring no glory to the true God but to Satan who happens to be the ruler and God of this world,therefore we TOTALLY shunned it! Therefore if some people today decides to celebrate the birth of Jesus(Christmas),we'll try to express our views towards such a celebration and why we won't participate in it. God bless you!

Show us the bible passages saying birthday celebration was a pagan custom or show us where jehovah punished people for celebrating birthday or even killing people on their birthday?

All these ones na assumption. You just assumed birthday and christmas are pagan customs so it may be the pagan customs jehovah warned you about.
You are not even sure .

Faithful men of old did not celebrate wedding anniversary either. Why will your jehovah favor one pagan custom over another? Mind you he didn't talk about any of these in the bible o. All these assumptions are seen only in watchtower magazines o.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2018
TATIME:
(1)God warned the Israelites not to copy any of the customs of the pagans from other nations so Israelites don't celebrate any festival that is not founded in the Mosaic laws.

Your jehovah is really a God of confusion and cherry picking. Israelites never celebrated wedding anniversary which was of pagan origin but in 1926 the so called jehovah people decided to celebrate wedding anniversary that has pagan origin and not celebrate birthdays and Christmas for the same reason. Bible never mentioned anything on birthdays, Christmas or wedding anniversary so we don't know why they will choose one over another since they all have pagan origin.

(
2)It's clear that the birthday celebration has been in existence since the time of Abraham but unfortunately only pagans do celebrate it.Genesis 40:20 ,Matthew 14:6

But bible never stated birthday celebration was in existence since Abraham's time. You just assumed since Pharaoh celebrated it during Abraham's great grandson's time. Liar. Be twisting bible and be speculating. It's the same bad Pharaoh who celebrated birthday and killed someone that elevated Abraham's great grandson to become 2nd in command in Egypt.
Religion of assumption and speculation.

(
3) God's word specifically give much more references to the day of death than the day of birth (Ecclesiastes 7:1,2)so in line with that Jesus also taught His followers to remember His death NOT His birth and to impress in the minds of believers that a birthday wasn't a custom for Christians, all other DATE were well recorded in the Bible except JESUS' BIRTH~DATE.Luke 22:19

The same ecclesiastics 7:3 said frustration is better than laughter just the way it said the date of death is better than the day of ones birth. It is bad to laugh infact your jehovah will slaughter you for laughing in this life. Jesus Christ said we should commemorate his death.
There was no word on Jesus saying we shouldn't celebrate his birth either or no where the bible said celebrating Jesus birth is evil. Its only in watchtower magazines you will see this.
According to watchtower bible said they should celebrate the death of a day old child while they shouldn't celebrate the birth anniversary of a 100 year old man who is accomplished and still alive. In fact their God will slaughter you for celebrating your own birth anniversary while he will praise you for celebrating the deaths of people always.
For you to say not celebrating birthdays are based on a poetic verse written by a man who had 800 wives and 300 concubines who was also the wealthiest man the bible talked about is very disturbing. Your religion obviously instills fear in the minds of all it's followers.

(
4) Faithful men of old never celebrated birthdays and if there is any it would be before God gave his people instruction "not to copy any pagan customs" Jesus never celebrated His birthday,

Faithful men of old never celebrated wedding anniversary either. You can't cherry pick the kind of pagan custom you want to engage in because it suits your doctrine.

His parents never did for Him,His followers never did.
Jesus parents never celebrated wedding anniversary neither did his followers. Bible never recorded it. In fact let's just say bible was silent on that fact. Don't say what you don't know.

So Jehovah's Witnesses concluded that celebrating ones birthday will bring no glory to the true God but to Satan who happens to be the ruler and God of this world,therefore we TOTALLY shunned it
Why are you people celebrating wedding anniversary? It has pagan origin.

Therefore if some people today decides to celebrate the birth of Jesus(Christmas),we'll try to express our views towards such a celebration and why we won't participate in it. God bless you!

At the end of the day you doctrines are based on misinterpretation of the bible, assumptions and speculations.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
Wonder when u guys will stop discussing with apostates. Obey Jehovah. (1cor 5:11)

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
TATIME:

The same God who blesses you by prolonging your years on earth is the same God that will slaughter you if you celebrate the number of years you have lived on earth according to jws.

The same God that says wages of sin is death is the same God that says his people should only celebrate deaths that happen according to jws. Lol.

Your doctrines are disturbing.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Your jehovah is really a God of confusion and cherry picking. Israelites never celebrated wedding anniversary which was of pagan origin but in 1926 the so called jehovah people decided to celebrate wedding anniversary that has pagan origin and not celebrate birthdays and Christmas for the same reason. Bible never mentioned anything on birthdays, Christmas or wedding anniversary so we don't know why they will choose one over another since they all have pagan origin.

(

But bible never stated birthday celebration was in existence since Abraham's time. You just assumed since Pharaoh celebrated it during Abraham's great grandson's time. Liar. Be twisting bible and be speculating. It's the same bad Pharaoh who celebrated birthday and killed someone that elevated Abraham's great grandson to become 2nd in command in Egypt.
Religion of assumption and speculation.

(

The same ecclesiastics 7:3 said frustration is better than laughter just the way it said the date of death is better than the day of ones birth. It is bad to laugh infact your jehovah will slaughter you for laughing in this life. Jesus Christ said we should commemorate his death.
There was no word on Jesus saying we shouldn't celebrate his birth either or no where the bible said celebrating Jesus birth is evil. Its only in watchtower magazines you will see this.
According to watchtower bible said they should celebrate the death of a day old child while they shouldn't celebrate the birth anniversary of a 100 year old man who is accomplished and still alive. In fact their God will slaughter you for celebrating your own birth anniversary while he will praise you for celebrating the deaths of people always.
For you to say not celebrating birthdays are based on a poetic verse written by a man who had 800 wives and 300 concubines who was also the wealthiest man the bible talked about is very disturbing. Your religion obviously instills fear in the minds of all it's followers.

(

Faithful men of old never celebrated wedding anniversary either. You can't cherry pick the kind of pagan custom you want to engage in because it suits your doctrine.

Jesus parents never celebrated wedding anniversary neither did his followers. Bible never recorded it. In fact let's just say bible was silent on that fact. Don't say what you don't know.

Why are you people celebrating wedding anniversary? It has pagan origin.

At the end of the day you doctrines are based on misinterpretation of the bible, assumptions and speculations.
. Through with you but if someone more reasonable comes on board,i'll respond. The thread is about WHY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS? and not SHOULD YOU DECIDE FOR OTHERS WHAT TO CELEBRATE? So you're free to celebrate whatever you wish,i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses that's why i commented on the thread. You can speak for yourself or your religious group without insinuating that others MUST do the same, all you just need to do is say why you do or don't do something and allow right thinking persons to decide for themselves. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
JMAN05:
Wonder when u guys will stop discussing with apostates. Obey Jehovah. (1cor 5:11)
It's somehow complicated my brother, many are following without knowing what's really happening but once i'm sure a person is an Apostate or Disfellowshiped i'll IMMEDIATELY shun such a person just as God's word commanded us to do! 2John 10,11 3John 9,10 Thanks brother!
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
JMAN05:

1 core 5:11

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat

Another misinterpretation of the bible. Lol.
Your people keep calling us liars because they can't produce a bible verse that justifies their doctrines.

You guys call people who don't believe in your non biblical doctrines apostates.
Therefore when people don't agree with your speculation derived doctrines you tag them apostates .

Cult behavior.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
TATIME:
. Through with you but if someone more reasonable comes on board,i'll respond. The thread is about WHY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS? and not SHOULD YOU DECIDE FOR OTHERS WHAT TO CELEBRATE? So you're free to celebrate whatever you wish,i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses that's why i commented on the thread. You can speak for yourself or your religious group without insinuating that others MUST do the same, all you just need to do is say why you do or don't do something and allow right thinking persons to decide for themselves. undecided undecided undecided

See someone that is thinking right has been told by their cult leaders that independent thinking is bad and their followers should only think and do what they told them. Right thinking individual indeed.
How will you think right when you can't think for your self in the first place? Lol
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2018
TATIME:

You called celebrating birthdays paganism and said jehovah hates these celebration because they have pagan origin, associated with pagans in the Bible and associated with only murders. So we called you out on your beliefs.
First You have no biblical verse to support jehovah hates these celebrations and no biblical verse stating they were pagan customs.
Then I went ahead to show you a verse that pharaoh pardoned the cupbearer who later told pharoah about Joseph.
In conclusion, I proved to you that your doctrine is just based on an assumption made by your leader judge Rutherford in 1926. Nowhere does the bible even mention your claims.

You even went ahead to quote ecc 7:1&2 to back up your doctrine about God loving death more than birth. I also called you out here.
You can't just assume and expect people not to notice.
There are so many people here who think for themselves and not need some 8 old men in new York to think for them. They just don't come to conclusions based on assumptions made by human beings in 1926 to put fear in the minds of their followers and also to control their followers.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
TATIME:
It's somehow complicated my brother, many are following without knowing what's really happening but once i'm sure a person is an Apostate or Disfellowshiped i'll IMMEDIATELY shun such a person just as God's word commanded us to do! 2John 10,11 3John 9,10 Thanks brother!

The snail starts from reading a word or two from their post. Then you would want to reply. The formula is: don't read a thing below there Monica and you will never reply an apostate. Yet, some choose not to obey Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
JMAN05:

The snail starts from reading a word or two from their post. Then you would want to reply. The formula is: don't read a thing below there Monica and you will never reply an apostate. Yet, some choose not to obey Jehovah.

When did Jehovah say Christians should not read what apostates (people who don't agree with your governing body interpretation of the Bible) wrote? ABI is it what your magazine said? Ummmm.
Jehovah says so many things that are never found in the Bible. Wow this your jehovah sha na wa o
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
JMAN05:

You have chosen to emotionally blackmail jws. Is that how you watchtower excercises control over people's thoughts? Why use fear tactics.
You just lied that Jehovah said people should not read what apostates posts on nairaland. You will even resort to lies. Interesting. All these are attributes of cults though.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2018
JMAN05:

Hmmmmmmmm experience the white man says is the best teacher, you know i never thought of that until i noticed that Apostates and Enemies of truth will never listen to whatever you've got to say regarding why you're keeping your faith strong! All they're after is "throw away that faith in you and become a line minded FUGITIVE" Thanks for the reminder my brother! wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:09am On Aug 16, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmm experience the white man says is the best teacher, you know i never thought of that until i noticed that Apostates and Enemies of truth will never listen to whatever you've got to say regarding why you're keeping your faith strong! All they're after is "throw away that faith in you and become a line minded FUGITIVE" Thanks for the reminder my brother! wink wink wink

Lol. Apostates lol whereas is you that have been telling me that your doctrines are based on assumptions written in worldly secular sources. Lol
Who is really the apostate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

To Tithe or Not to Tithe? / Prophet Wale Olagunju 2019 Prophecies About Nigeria, Saraki, Buhari, Agbaje / Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.