Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,757 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him (1155 Views)

My Friend Is Gay, How Can I Tell Him To Stop? / Women, How Do You Feel When You Love A Man But Can't Tell Him? / I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
My best friend has been engaged to this lady and he has been telling me of late he wants to call off his wedding but he doesnt know how to do it. not like he himself is all perfect, but he is worried he may not be happy with the marriage. He has whahala and the girl has a lot of whahala. He thinks he has made a big mistake, he says he thinks he was carried away by infatuation and pressure from his folks and had not really studied his fiancee well enough. His reasons for cancellation are as follows:

1: There is an inner gut telling him to not marry the lady.
2: His fiancee behaves very imature, she is very frivolous and is all about a big wedding, despite him explaining how they should work within a budget and plan for after the wedding. They keep having hitted arguments about her finances and her selection during the wedding, he believes this should nt be so, a lady should be very content with what a man provides. Funny part is she contributes nothing yet wants the most expensive stuff. My homeboy just started life and is worried, she may not be contended with what he provides for her and she may begin to look outside.
3: she doesnt understand what it means to be a wife and how to play her supportive role. She just cries and trivialises any issues he brings up.
4: she is feminist and also very arrogant.
5. She quarrels with her parents, siblings and office colleagues. he thinks this is a bad sign, a lady who quarrels with her parents is nt well raised and he may not have anyone to help tame her excesses in times of conflict, as the people she is suppose to respect he is always fighting with.
6. There hasnt been any serious counseling done between the two of them. Everyone attention has been on him and how he must fend and provide for his family, no one has ever mentioned to the girl she should be of Good conduct and respect her husband and hold the home.
7. She doesnt know how to tame her tongue, there have been instances where they quarrelled and the words that come out of the ladies mouth is very shocking.
8. She doesn't listen to him particularly when he gives advice.
9. she has this i dont care attitude towards alot of things.
10. He cant really remember any sacrifice she has made, since the relationship started.
11. she pretends alot, there have bee instances when they dont speak, yet this fiancee will go to Facebook and IG to display the picture of both of them holding hands, forming love couples, whereas she and her man havent spoken for days.

Not like she is all bad she has her good side to, however he thinks this things should not be overlooked, he is however worried he has done introduction and engagement,and all the relatives seems to be all excited. just waiting for the church wedding which will happen in January 2017. He considering the money spent and all the planning done, cancelling now may bring a big embarrassment to the family.

I dont know what to tell him, i have blamed him why he had to wait this long to speakout, and told him to speak to a counselor about it. Any advice to those in the house, am not so experienced in stuff like this.

1 Like

Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by whitebeard(m): 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
It is marriage I can't joke with it.. Tell him to call it off now.. Nothing can happen...he would be happy
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by yomi007k(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
I thank God for my bae....Ifunaya God bless ur mama.
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by derindel(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
she is dating someone else. she is not ready for marriage. she want to marry your friend probably becos, he is the best spender for her right now.
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by dingbang(m): 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2016
Just as you listed out her weaknesses, go back to your friend and tell him to list out her strengths too and post it here . only then can we give you a sound advise

6 Likes

Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by HITTED(m): 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
Tell him to make the announcement on Wazobia FM. Iranu! undecided
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by blezzo95(m): 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
didn't he see all dis when dey just met? why is all dis coming out when marriage is close? why smell wat u can't eat. 2 me, won't suggest he marry such a person, cos she will difficult 2 change even after married.
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by heykims(m): 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
No problem if he wants to call it off. But plz tell him, the earlier the better..
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Heavance(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
Time bomb....
This one will explode later o, doesn't bring anything but wants the best things, ahhhhhh, wahala dey o.
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
BUT TELL ME WHY'D PROPOSE TO A LADY YOU ALREADY KNOWS HER KIND OF PERSON...

WAS HE DRUNK WHEN HE FIRST MADE THE MOVE

I NO BLAME THEM... NA TOO MUCH "pre-wedding''PIX DEM DEY SEE ONLINE DEY CATCH THEM..... mtwwsshhh

lubbish

2 Likes

Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
Don't tell him anything. It is his life to deal with,let him decide on his own what to do
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Mr2kay2: 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
Falling hand cheesy
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Reasons for her actions

1. She is not ready for marriage

2. She is younger than 25 and so feels she is entitled to everything and the world is at her feet

3. If they marry they will have a very turbulent first 5 years of marriage and they might not ever get to be very close as a couple. Although the marriage will work, your best friend might be forced to engage outside women for his emotional needs.

4. Your friend will find it more difficult breaking up with her than he actually feels he would. He thinks it is easy but as soon as he starts making that move, so many reasons will come up to stay as well as his own love for her will start ruining his peace of mind. If he is not strong enough to finish the breakup immediately, let him not ruin everything by starting it at all

5. He should pray and should seek counselling at once. He should also move the date forward to April or May so they can go through at least 3 months intense counselling or else, they will do the counselling after they marry and she carries her bag to her parents house 3 times in 5 months

6. The other way is for him to refuse to give her an inch of her expensive desires and whimps. She might end the relationship for him.

1 Like

Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by queenfav(f): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
That marriage is a disaster waiting to happen....
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Nelgenius4me(m): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
Your Friend is marrying a lady who is more about wedding than marriage. She sounds really immature.. and I promise you she is likely to display the following attitudes:
1. She will always believe the man to be the sole provider.
2. She will always rate your friend's love in terms of the amount of money he gives her.
3. Being paranoid will be her hobby.
4. I also see a shoperholic . She spends and forget to measure up her income with her expenses.
The above is just a little I can give for now. Marriage for her is just to prove a point and nothing more. If I were you, I will sit her and talk senses into her.. Or don't put a ring on her if she wouldn't Change for good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nelgenius4me:
Your Friend is marrying a lady who is more about wedding than marriage. She sounds really immature.. and I promise you she is likely to display the following attitudes:
1. She will always believe the man to be the sole provider.
2. She will always rate your friend's love in terms of the amount of money he gives her.
3. Being paranoid will be her hobby.
4. I also see a shoperholic . She spends and forget to measure up her income with her expenses.
The above is just a little I can give for now. Marriage for her is just to prove a point and nothing more. If I were you, I will sit her and talk senses into her.. Or don't put a ring on her if she wouldn't Change for good.

Omo he said he has o, sat her down a couple of times, and explain the reality of life to her and her and every, she wld promise to change, next thing the same habit come up again, it just so funny, he says they sat together drating their wedding cost estimation and kept arguing aboout everything, that the babe never said she would handle anything, not even her makeup.

The Good side about her is she is kinda of faithful, she has never ever cheated on him before, but that is not enough, the guy just keeps getting frustrated everyday. Have told him to see a counsellor and be patient with her.
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by bigerboy200: 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
Wetin d guy dey wait for naa..make e call off d wedding sharply... it's better late than never.. d embarrassment of calling it off won't last forever, but the pain of an unhappy marriage would live with him for life...make wise use of d ball now that it's in ur court..
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by kkash: 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
overcomer123:

Omo he said he has o, sat her down a couple of times, and explain the reality of life to her and her and every, she wld promise to change, next thing the same habit come up again, it just so funny, he says they sat together drating their wedding cost estimation and kept arguing aboout everything, that the babe never said she would handle anything, not even her makeup.

The Good side about her is she is kinda of faithful, she has never ever cheated on him before, but that is not enough, the guy just keeps getting frustrated everyday. Have told him to see a counsellor and be patient with her.
So being faithful is a good side.... Is just like saying eating or sleeping is a good side.... It's for her own good.... I think it's better to call of the wedding,unless he Z gonna regret it....
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 27, 2016
kkash:

So being faithful is a good side.... Is just like saying eating or sleeping is a good side.... It's for her own good.... I think it's better to call of the wedding,unless he Z gonna regret it....

my brother the babes cries sometimes and tells him she is willing to change, dont you think it may be too harsh.

Everyone will be asking didnt u see all this when you proposed.
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by Greatzeus(m): 6:07pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nobody is perfect, assuming you are still in a relationship or courtship, I would say he should take his time to know her more or back out. But he has proposed,choosing a wedding day,both bride and groom's family would be making preparation by now,invitations would have gone to all and sundry, it is now he felt she is immature and bla bla.
Don't try it bro,he doesn't even have a cogent reeason undecided those things listed are only enough to call off a relationship not a slated marriage.
Don't try it bro,you will crush her life and that of her relations because a wedding date is already chosen. She will grow and learn as times goes on,just understand her and correct her. There is something called Karma,one day you will have kids too,how will you feel,if your daughter's wedding is called off because she argues with her parents or colleagues, or for some irrelevant reasons.
Nobody is perfect,even if you dumb her for someone without these traits,the new lady will have her own eg murder tendencies grin I'm sure you have read a lot of posts on wives stabbing their hubby abi grin
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by kkash: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
overcomer123:

my brother the babes cries sometimes and tells him she is willing to change, dont you think it may be too harsh.

Everyone will be asking didnt u see all this when you proposed.
Put yourself in his shoes.... Would you still go ahead?.
Re: My Bestfriend Wants To Call Off His Wedding, What Should I Tell Him by kkash: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
Greatzeus:
Nobody is perfect, assuming you are still in a relationship or courtship, I would say he should take his time to know her more or back out. But he has proposed,choosing a wedding day,both bride and groom's family would be making preparation by now,invitations would have gone to all and sundry, it is now he felt she is immature and bla bla.
Don't try it bro,he doesn't even have a cogent reeason undecided those things listed are only enough to call off a relationship not a slated marriage.
Don't try it bro,you will crush her life and that of her relations because a wedding date is already chosen. She will grow and learn as times goes on,just understand her and correct her. There is something called Karma,one day you will have kids too,how will you feel,if your daughter's wedding is called off because she argues with her parents or colleagues, or for some irrelevant reasons.
Nobody is perfect,even if you dumb her for someone without these traits,the new lady will have her own eg murder tendencies grin I'm sure you have read a lot of posts on wives stabbing their hubby abi grin
You have a point except u focusing on the wedding instead of the marriage, wedding is a day thing,marriage is a life long journey, if he wants to Hv dat kind of marriage jus because he has fixed the wedding date... I'm sorry for him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Is Gay; He Wouldn't Even Let Us Cuddle. / we should kill those parents who give birth to gay ! / 2017 MOVIES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.