Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,441 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (66190 Views)

Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, / List Of The Over 80 Ethnic Groups In Ethiopia / 30 Interesting Facts About Some Nigerian Minority Ethnic Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by davbravo(m): 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
mine is 286
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by AyakaDunukofia: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
[url] http://thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos [/url]

Read about the agonies of the native Igbos of Benue state. Numbering over 1million people with about 300 villages.

Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Sirlovings: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
AK6464:
Nice one but still incomplete, Nyifon, Agatu and Abakpa, all in Benue State are missing from the list

having Igbos living and doing business in Benue doesn't make Benue one of the Igbo states, pls edit

You are a geographical illiterate. Some Igbo communities fell into Benue State during state creations in Nigeria. Don't forget that Enugu and Ebonyi shared boarders with Benue. Please visit local governments like Oju, OBI.etc...
Nobody is counting Igbos doing business in Makurdi, or somewhere else in the state or other states.
The past military governments made sure that they left remnants of Igbos in almost all the neighbouring states just to make disintegration difficult for Igbo. It worked.

Please don't be blinded by hate.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by greatjoey: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
samsard:
Thank you my brother, I believe that is why Otukpo and other non-Agatu and non Apa dialect is called "Akpoto" which I can roughly translate to 'muddled up', or something in the lines of 'corruption'. Which is to say what he regards as the real Idoma is actually considered a corruption of the original Idoma.
Yes, you are right. Agatu believes that any Idoma from APA local government to other part is corrupt. Agatu is believed to be the original Idoma language. Basically, the bulk of Idoma land migrated from Agatu and Igala. Other parts like Ogbadibo migrated from IBO land predominantly. Bye.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
dukie25:
Buhari belongs to bokoharam tribe.

Am very sure say his tribe is in ur state, so mumu you need to know that.. .
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bellfun:

Hahahaa...ok oo.

Seriously, the selection this time should be peaceful! Kabba can't afford the reenactment of past violent events!
i heard it will be rotated among the lineages, since the former obaro is ilajo, will it still be among the kabba families or move to katu or odolu? Or is there any other mode there're planning?
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by LilTyRoNe: 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
AK6464:
Nice one but still incomplete, Nyifon, Agatu and Abakpa, all in Benue State are missing from the list

having Igbos living and doing business in Benue doesn't make Benue one of the Igbo states, pls edit

Edit what,the picture abi?
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Abuchiski14: 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Is Benue an Igbo State too?, pls throw more light. Mean while you have done a good job.
Highly educating.
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
izzi, Ezza, afikpo no dey there.
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by TheRealAdonye(m): 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Not complete..

There are way more.

Mine isn't even there.
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Sirlovings: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
greatjoey:

My brother, there is no indigenous Igbo in Benue and Kogi states. The only links are that Igbo of Enugu and Ebonyi share boundaries and cultural ties with Benue state, and Anambra, Enugu, and Delta Igbos share same with Kogi state. Note also that there are indigenous Igala tribe in Enugu, Anambra and Delta syates.

I believe you are still young and was born before state creations in Nigeria. Some Igbo communities fell into Benue State. Post war state creations were designed to strengthen Nigeria unity and to make disintegration difficult.
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by OCcool: 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Proudly Esan #112

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by popyea(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
WinningSun:
cry
WinningSun:
Are they not ebonyi igbo again? Abi dem be new tribe?
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by siokpe: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ournaija:

Calm bro,

I have met indigenous Igbos from Benue state even Kogi. I didnt`t believe it until I researched. Do you know that there are Igalas in Anambra state. Try and know your country.

There are no indigenous Igbo in Benue except the ones some people google. Agatu is not a tribe but a district in Idoma land just like Otukpo, Adoka, Otukpa etc
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Bellfun(m): 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Abajosax007:
i heard it will be rotated among the lineages, since the former obaro is ilajo, will it still be among the kabba families or move to katu or odolu? Or is there any other mode there're planning?

Odolu this time!

It's best they rotate it....no more wahala
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bellfun:

Odolu this time!

It's best they rotate it....no more wahala
lol... I heard that too, my mum is happy about it since she's from odolu.. Would really love to come over to that place, probably when God wants to take my grandma home..
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Bellfun(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
Abajosax007:
lol... I heard that too, my mum is happy about it since she's from odolu.. Would really love to come over to that place, probably when God wants to take my grandma home..

Your mom is from Odolu... That's good,i hope they'll have a peaceful selection from within...i don't wanna see a repeat of what happened after the time of Oba.D.O.Aka...
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by slysteel: 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
AK6464:

Their are igbos in benue near the border with ebonyi state,i have a friend from there

1 Like

Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
popyea:
cry Are they not ebonyi igbo again? Abi dem be new tribe?
they are not igbo. they have their distinct Language.
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by slysteel: 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
siokpe:

There are no indigenous Igbo in Benue except the ones some people google. Agatu is not a tribe but a district in Idoma land just like Otukpo, Adoka, Otukpa etc
Stop arguing their are igbos in benue,some of you just stay in lagos and know nothing about your state,that's how one anambra boy was arguing that they don't have igala people in anambra,their are even idoma and igala in enugu too.
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by easzypeaszy(m): 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dey mk mistake in number 357 how is Yagba now in kwara...yagba is okun dt is kabba kogi state
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by osamaBUSH(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
Smellymouth:

cheesy grin
Na Kaduna oo..
Proudly Hausa..
ArewaMafia.. cool
Smellymouth wallahi ka iya...
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bellfun:

Your mom is from Odolu... That's good,i hope they'll have a peaceful selection from within...i don't wanna see a repeat of what happened after the time of Oba.D.O.Aka...
yeah.. I think its because oba aka, broke the ilajo trail on the throne... But i believe the people are now more educated about there history and wont let that happen again

1 Like

Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by orbgoblin: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
Long list but not very correct. Some ethnicities have been grouped into tribes where they do not belong.
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by AK6464(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
Sirlovings:

You are a geographical illiterate. Some Igbo communities fell into Benue State during state creations in Nigeria. Don't forget that Enugu and Ebonyi shared boarders with Benue. Please visit local governments like Oju, OBI.etc...
Nobody is counting Igbos doing business in Makurdi, or somewhere else in the state or other states.
The past military governments made sure that they left remnants of Igbos in almost all the neighbouring states just to make disintegration difficult for Igbo. It worked.

Please don't be blinded by hate.

Watch your choice of words pls
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by fizzy94(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Afo people no dey nairaland ne?
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by dantori(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nnamdd1:
A Comprehensive list of all the 371 Ethnic Groups in Nigeria.

Mine is 165, What is Yours?

Source: http://www.naijahelm.com/2016/12/complete-list-of-all-371-ethnic-groups-in-nigeria.html
Mine is 39 Baruba and we're found in Kwara and not Niger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Bellfun(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Abajosax007:
yeah.. I think its because oba aka, broke the ilajo trail on the throne... But i believe the people are now more educated about there history and wont let that happen again

Good! Now you too can lay claim to the throne vy reason of your mom! ...oya na...
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Junior66(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
greatjoey:

My brother, there is no indigenous Igbo in Benue and Kogi states. The only links are that Igbo of Enugu and Ebonyi share boundaries and cultural ties with Benue state, and Anambra, Enugu, and Delta Igbos share same with Kogi state. Note also that there are indigenous Igala tribe in Enugu, Anambra and Delta syates.
They are Igbos in Kogi. If you no know ask. Come to Kogi lets go and see dem.
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by dojot(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ogori is not in Kwara please
Re: List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by FisifunKododada: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
Incomplete: there is a Yoruba group in Delta state. FACTS ARE STUBBORN MUTHAFVCKERS

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US / The New Mogadishu / Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.