Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) (34958 Views)

A Game Of Love And Obsession / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by kakadinho0880: 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
Biafrabushboy, u just left us hanging...
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
kakadinho0880:
Biafrabus.hboy, u just left us hanging...

Please I will complete this story. My work schedule is Mad. I will update tonight sha.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
Lankyannie:
babes, how is you?
yaff missed you oooo
Dis geh.....tell me you where not locked up cheesy. Do you have a clue about swann's whereabouts , or gilhaley's for that matter

You gehz just disappear embarassed

BiafraBushBoy....come now......update

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mike shocked
I swear I dinnuh know that you continued this stowie undecided
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
jagugu88li:
Dis geh.....tell me you where not locked up cheesy. Do you have a clue about swann's whereabouts , or gilhaley's for that matter

You gehz just disappear embarassed

BiafraBushBoy....come now......update

I am editing oo...

Encourage me with small peck na...

lol
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I am editing oo...

Encourage me with small peck na...

lol
kiss kiss kiss theres more coming, after you update though grin
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Mike shocked
I swear I dinnuh know that you continued this stowie undecided
wink cheesy

Sorry... My updates haven't been even constant. I will just maintain it as from today.

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
NNAMDIII:
OP there are some mistakes in this your story but since you're not in the military I'll say you tried in the story! more ink to your pen!

I be retired Vigilante...

Update don set ooo cheesy
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
“Do you know where the detained soldiers are currently staying?” I managed to ask. He responded positively and requested to lead me to the direction.

“They eliminated some and the rest are preparing to go to the war front,” He said. I guess there was no space for rest for us. I had collected back my uniform and a new rifle was assigned to me. I was told who my new commander was and the unit I was assigned to. I quickly went to register my presence.

“Shun Sir” I greeted as I saluted with all vigor.

“Easy” He responded. I stood my position till he beckoned me to take a seat. He requested for some little time to round up with the people he was having a discussion with first.

“No problems Sir,” I said as I quickly adjusted my seat and started my glance with nothing in view actually. They continued their discussion while I sat, hoped and prayed for everything to work out fine. I had barely finished the prayer when I heard my name.

“Sir” I shouted as I stood up in salute. He beckoned me to come closer and take a seat directly in front of his table.

“Seems you were lost in thoughts,” He asked me. I giggled a bit without knowing what exactly to say. I was actually lost in thought while thinking of what would be the outcome of this meeting.

“Not at all Sir, I was only admiring the accolades and plagues round your office.” I lied

“You like them?” He asked

“I wish I could achieve half of these before I retire from the military” I responded. He smiled and nodded his head in approval before rising up his head and staring at me.

“Listen, son, you can achieve even more than I have achieved. All you need is to be the best of soldier you can ever be and watch the sky become your limit” He said. I continued to nod my head to all that he said.

“What is that your name again?” He asked. I told me my name and we entered into a very long conversation. We talked about my state of origin and he even reminded me of the Biafran war and genocide that happened at Asaba. I told him of how many family members I lost during the war and how my mother’s father was killed when the Nigerian soldiers invaded our town.

“You know nothing is fair in war,” He asked

“Yes, Sir!” I responded with a fake smile. He smiled and brought out a file right under his desk. He continued to scroll right through it, and after a while he paused…

“Before I forget, I heard the real version of what happened at the Bama Camp,” He said. I became scared at the mention of Bama camp.

“Was he trying to cook up another story that never happened?” I asked myself. I remained calm and didn’t allow my nervous hand expose my true state.

“You fought like a true soldier, but it was unfortunate that you were with the wrong squad,” He said.

“Thank you, sir” I responded.

“That is the reason I decided to bring you into my team and put you on the path to greatness,” He said with a smile.

“I am so grateful sir” I responded with my face all beaming with happiness.

“But you have to also know one thing” He chipped in while I was getting all joyous. I quickly adjusted myself and was already all ears.

“We are a special squad and we go where the fighting is highly intense. We conquer dangerous grounds and overcome terrorist’s strongholds” He said. My mood quickly shifted from “all smiles” to “all confused”.

“I hoped you are ready for the challenge?” He asked with a smile.

“Did I have a choice?” I questioned myself!

“Yes Sir; I am always ready for action” I assured him. He was filed with all joy as he quickly stood up and shook my hand vigorously.

“We will be having a briefing by 7pm tomorrow” He said. I nodded positively and turned round leaving the office. I quickly walked a distance and made sure I had no eyes on me.

“Jesus!! Why always me?” I shouted with my two hands on my head. I heard footsteps approaching and I quickly went back to my soldier state. I had been assigned a place to stay with, so I had to get arrange my sleeping materials. I quickly rushed to my camp to see if I would get a sleeping material. Meanwhile I wanted to find time and see where Bright was buried, so I could pay my last respect to him.

“What would I tell his Mum?” I wondered to myself. I decided to do that later, but I had to go find a sleeping space for the main time. I arrived the camp and was still staring at the whole place, when I heard someone scream my name so hard. I turned around and wondered where the voice was coming from.

The voice screamed my name again and I caught the direction but couldn’t believe what I saw. He told me to wait that he was coming. He ran down to where I was standing as I continued to gaze. I had an option to run away from the person approaching me, but decided to stand for a while. I pinched myself so hard to ascertain if I could feel pain. I actually did feel pain but couldn’t still believe who was running towards my direction.

He finally reached my position and hugged me so hard.

“Is this you?” I asked curiously?

“Yea it is me” he replied “Any probs?”. I didn’t know how to tell him that I thought I died..

“Yes…No…Yes” I replied confused

“What do you mean by that?” He asked seeming confused too

“I saw your name on the list of dead soldiers, why are you now alive?” I asked

“Hahahahahaha” he laughed out loud

“Is it funny?” I questioned

“errmmmm… no” He responded

“So what happened?” I asked again. He finally told me how everything played out. That was actually someone else who bore the same name like him. It was actually funny as I laughed and was shocked at the same time.

“Even when they called out the name, I thought I was even the person till the surname was called” He explained to me. We hugged each other so hard and he showed me a space he kept for me where I could always sleep.

I quickly found the space and relaxed a little bit. The relaxing developed into a full blown sleep. It was the sound of the beagle that sent me back into the world of the living. We were about to hear an announcement that would decide all our fate forever…

To Be Continued….

Next update here===>> http://topwritersden.com/mission-sambisa-part2/11/

cc NNAMDIII cheesy (OGA OFFICER)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by UnlimitedIfex(m): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
Suspense 4 dis thread fit give person heart attack. He get as my heart dey do me sef, I nid 2 get cold water b4 my heart cum out 4rm my mouth. Op kip d update coming while i drink water.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by kakadinho0880: 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
Nice update
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Jelal0007(m): 12:47am On Jun 06, 2017
Fiverrgig:
Cc: BiafraBushBoy
Can I copy your story...and please update. Your story look similar like what my cousin always complain of... He is a soldier and he often lament of sabotage and low am munitions in line with tribalism...

I feel for those soldiers who ain't northerners... This Northern elders are playing chess with Nigerian military, chibok girls and boko haram...

Anyways, Facebook me @fb.com/michealistic
Mnzeribe5@gmail.com - Email
2go @princewill908
IG @ MichaelNzeribe
WhatsApp @09032995191
cool
Regards
Dude,u don't need 2b stup!d. Like seriously, is it that northern soldiers don't die in NE? What's this rubb!sh u're spewing here? Dem swear 4 u m0r0ns with b!gotry? People are dying,govt isn't doing enough neither is the military leadership doing enough,and here u are talking sh!t about northern soldiers. Dumm¥
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Adesina12: 5:39am On Jun 06, 2017
jagugu88li:
To think i was called ages ago for this and I'm only realising now that i never responded. Lleigh, wherever you are....stay there sis because the punishment i have for you is unbearable.

Adesina12 Lankyannie I see you

Bushboy and masef started the tori togeda ni

Hope ya body dey inside its skin

I wan c ya face oooo all these while we have bin in thick forest together tongue
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Goshoreb(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2017
YOUR SON AND HIS BIG PROBLEM (Attah's Concept) (Episode 4)

That moment a teacher thinks he knows it all, and finally meets his crazy superior. Watch this EXTREMELY FUNNY VIDEO, YOUR SON AND HIS BIG PROBLEM.

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXsxFQgbTWQ
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by DonCortino: 7:20am On Jun 06, 2017
G
BiafraBushBoy:

That's me grin... I am an old soldier wink
"A" soldier!!
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by MonkeyNoFine: 7:20am On Jun 06, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
BASED ON A TRUE STORY

******* At the Training camp (Deport) Zaria********

“You are here because you are willing to sacrifice your lives to save your loved ones. A soldier is who is willing to die for his father’s land is a real soldier”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3395198_5_jpegddf9c9a45551e218c4018d5c53e9f6bb

Its called ARMY DEPOT and not DEPORT

“Never joke with an enemy. Either you kill him or he kills you. Remember you have loved ones to protect. They are looking up to you”

“Up… Down… Up…Down…Stop!!!”

“You have to learn to make your minds the greatest weapons you ever have. It is better you fight for something than live for nothing”

“No matter what you do out there, always find an excuse to survive”

[img]http://1.bp..com/-ox-i9GMHeyk/Vr2o7GkRo3I/AAAAAAAAtVA/Bk72LWq71bM/s320/3-718041.jpg[/img]

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:21am On Jun 06, 2017
DonCortino:
G "A" soldier!!
The article "an" was qualifying the adjective Old, not the soldier.
So why should I say "a" old soldier??
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by DonCortino: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

The article "an" was qualifying the adjective Old, not the soldier.

So why should I say "a" old soldier??

You did not put 'old' oga! You just modified it now.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:48am On Jun 06, 2017
DonCortino:

You did not put 'old' oga! You just modified it now.
Na wetin you quote I see na... lol
Oya thank you!
You too good for English...
lol
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by cbngov01(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2017
Ffw
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by hollywater: 7:54am On Jun 06, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
BASED ON A TRUE STORY

******* At the Training camp (Deport) Zaria********

“You are here because you are willing to sacrifice your lives to save your loved ones. A soldier is who is willing to die for his father’s land is a real soldier”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3395198_5_jpegddf9c9a45551e218c4018d5c53e9f6bb

“Never joke with an enemy. Either you kill him or he kills you. Remember you have loved ones to protect. They are looking up to you”

“Up… Down… Up…Down…Stop!!!”

“You have to learn to make your minds the greatest weapons you ever have. It is better you fight for something than live for nothing”

“No matter what you do out there, always find an excuse to survive”

[img]http://1.bp..com/-ox-i9GMHeyk/Vr2o7GkRo3I/AAAAAAAAtVA/Bk72LWq71bM/s320/3-718041.jpg[/img]

My pick,is better you fight for something than to live for nothing. This is exactly what biafrans are doing, but people call us all sort of names.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by cooljude(m): 8:46am On Jun 06, 2017
nice story but the updates dey take forever. kudos op, more updates abeg.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by costal(m): 8:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Nice one boss
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Supuruchi2443(m): 9:03am On Jun 06, 2017
great 1
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by critzson(m): 9:44am On Jun 06, 2017
Following
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by vickthourh(m): 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
hope u are not done......?
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Dessydemmy: 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hnmmm. This got me glued to my system from the beginning to the end. Please update oooooooooo cos I'm restless now.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Vicjay1(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by chigo5(m): 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
nice story
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
We hurriedly assembled at the parade ground that night and did a little bit of warm up exercises. It was easy but also rigorous. After we were done with that, we were formed into formations and split into smaller groups. Colonel Andrew, whom I had a chat with before I came to see Bright, was the commander leading my own formation. He had already told me, so I knew beforehand.

“This man looks like an ajebor” Bright joked. I almost laughed out so loud, but I caught the laugh before it could come out of my mouth.

“He is one of the best soldiers here ooo” I whispered to Bright. We were ushered to a small room, and we communicated among ourselves as we made way to the small room we call the “Death Room.” It was given that name because that is where the death of terrorists are planned before it is actually played out in reality. First of all, we had some newly inducted members into the team, so they had to do the normal orientation. Their names were called out and they were given spaces in the high table for their routine induction ritual.

They were just two in number, so when the devil’s basket was tossed, two of them chose the dancing ritual. This entails dancing to the beat of our drums in any tribal way that you had knowledge of. It was actually fun while it lasted. It wasn’t for long, before the dance ended and we were to business again.

Cornel Andrew took the center stage with a big map on the table. I knew the way all that would play out, so I only waited till when he was giving us our tactics and code of conduct; that was when I would actually give him my attention.

“This is one of the most important missions we would ever undertake for now” Cornel Andrew started in a low voice. Everywhere was silent as a grave yard, and I guess that a lot of people were reminiscing about their lives instead of the mission itself.

“Most of us will die, most of us will be killed without mercy, so it depends on you to fight gallantly for your father’s land. There is no room for error. You are only alive because of your comrade. Protect him and make sure nothing happens to him, then see the wonders that will happen” Cornel Andrew said.

“You will protect me while I protect myself” Bright said as he shade me a little bit with his almost fat body.

“So who will now protect me?” I asked him with a fake anger emotion on my face.

“God will protect you” He said. I had never said Amen in my life, but I couldn’t tell the moment that the word came out of my mouth.

“Now you believe in God?” Bright Joked

“Come on…, I said it like a normal word” I responded back while acting defensive. We were still debating about who believes in God or not before a close-by soldier tapped me on my back. I sharply stood at attention.

“Can you tell me the last thing that I said?” Cornel Andrew asked. I stared at Bright, hoping he would give me an answer but nothing came forth.

“That we should kill all of them without mercy” I responded with a sense of humor.

“Wonderful!!!” Cornel Andrew shouted. Everybody went into a deep laughter including Bright.

“Come along my genius soldier” He beckoned on me. I quickly took some shy steps towards his direction.

“Bend over a little bit” He said. I immediately bent a little, before the tactical map was relocated from the table to my back.

“That is how people die in the war front. Any single mistake is death. You need to be vigilant all the time” Cornel Andrew stressed.

“I am sorry sir” I managed to say from my bent position before I was released and asked to go back to my former position. It was a length talk. We discussed plans, tactics and how we would liberate a part of Barga. The terrorists have advanced deep into the heart of Borno and any mistake would see them taking over Borno town. All through my time of fighting, I have never seen people with such weapons. The bomb blasts in various villages in Borno was becoming a source of concern. We knew that they were getting close to over-running the capital and we had to act fast.

Like Cornel Andrew said, our job was to find their stronghold in Barga and capture it. It would take us about two weeks of constant fighting, depending on who wins the outcome. This was a deadly fight but we had no option than to walk the path that was before us. We have been briefed and we all found our way to the weapon room. We knew our specialties, so we all knew the weapons that would fit that perfectly. We timed our movement to be in the night, when we knew that the terrorists might be asleep.

A good number of bomber jets had been sent on patrol to survey our landing area, this was to know if enemies were hiding anywhere around. The fighter jet had an infrared technology that could detect human temperature from as far as 12 thousand miles radius from the sky. It was a good technology that was given to us by the United States Army, and we believed that it could never fail us. The jets went out on their way and surveyed the area, before declaring it a safe zone. We had to dispatch another of the jets, and that second one also came back with a positive confirmation.

“How true is this?” Cornel Andrew asked surprised. “We read that the zone you declared safe was a major place where the terrorists had been patrolling for days” I heard him say to one of the Air force officers.

“Sir, I can authoritatively tell you that the place is safe and nothing can tell me otherwise” The Air force man declared.

We all knew that failure to go would mean otherwise. We were scheduled to land about 7kms away from our already decided drop zone, but after many arguments, we decided to land where the Air Force officer tagged “Safe.”

“You believe that guy?” I asked Bright

“Me no sabi ooo” He replied in pidgin English.

“Which one you dey ever sabi sef?” I asked him back in anger

“Gerrarahia my friend” He said. I quietly went about my rifle cleaning business before assembling them together to have a fierce looking rifle in my possession.

“If we make any Mistake from our drop zone, we are going to massacred like cows. Always be your brother’s keeper and always look out for your comrades. We are not living anybody behind” Cornel Andrew said.

“I don’t like the idea of dropping where these Air force men tagged SAFE, but we just have to do it” He murmured to me.

“But we had reports that they were littering the whole of that place some few days back, what happened?” I asked Cornel Andrew

“Maybe they have other plans for us” He said

“Maybe” I repeated.

For real, the terrorists did had other plans for us, and they executed it perfectly fine. It is a sad story to tell, and I will continue in the next EPISODE!!

To Be Continued!!

Next episode here===>> http://topwritersden.com/mission-sambisa-part2/12/
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
vickthourh:
hope u are not done......?

I always finish all my stories here...

lol... no fear.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Fantisha(m): 12:03am On Jun 07, 2017
Nice story man .. .. .
Ghost mode deactivated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wizard Landlord (A True Life Story) By Attire Literature / How To Write A Letter To Apply For Loan In Your Company / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.