Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) (34918 Views)

A Game Of Love And Obsession / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by iLiquidator: 12:46am On Jun 07, 2017
More ink to your pen and more ideas to your brain.

Amma an mutu a Sambisa!!!
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Saheed69(m): 1:01am On Jun 07, 2017
This guy is a genius, i respect you bro., More ink to your pen and more fund to your Bank account.

Please mention me in the next update.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by pureola(m): 1:26am On Jun 07, 2017
JESUS!!!!
I got dz story this evening & couldn't take my meal, at some points I felt my breath was ceased on expecting what will happn next.

u jst recall to me all dz journals & books of biafra war I've read.

Guy u really #GALLANT as 042 wee u be...

anxiously waiting for nxt post...
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Akinwale14(m): 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
nice one guy

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by leobizy(m): 6:15am On Jun 08, 2017
Wonderful.... Very wonderful.
Patiently waiting for the next episode.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by CodecJay(m): 7:53am On Jun 08, 2017
Bright should have been among the soldiers that faced firing squad considering he didn't shoot any bullet or kill any terrorist and yet he was in the forefront when the escape away from the fallen camp started.

Nice story bro. Keep it up. You are so good.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Dessydemmy: 11:41am On Jun 08, 2017
God bless you bro, but please be fast about this naaaa. I'm always checking this na
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by paramajit: 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
Please nwa BiafraBushBoy come help us update this story biko-please-don Allah-jowo
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
paramajit:
Please nwa BiafraBushBoy come help us update this story biko-please-don Allah-jowo

I will this evening. A must.

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Ekunsticated(m): 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
nice write up..... Wehdonesir..... all is fair in love and war....
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by AgoraRoad(m): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
Visit [url]agoraroad.com[/url] Blog that archives FORBIDDEN knowledge from the Darknet, [url]agoraroad.com[/url]

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by drizzcardy: 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
since Biafraboy didn't come on time and nairalanders are anxious i have to drop it gbam

................................................................................... We boarded the chopper with just one thing on our mind. We wanted to go and annihilate those terrorists that have caused lots of pain for the children, mothers, fathers and everyone living in the north. Everyone took their position inside the chopper, and with a loud noise the chopper rose to the sky and we were on the move.
“We are getting close to the landing area” Cornel Andrew shouted. I and other comrades quickly arranged our rifles, shook hands together and was waiting for the other to start jumping off the chopper. Just then…
There was a loud bang that struck the side of the chopper. Nobody knew what it was, but it flung our chopper into confusion. Cornel Andrew was standing at the exit of the chopper; and during the confusion he was thrown out.
“Noooooo” One of the soldiers yelled. We could see flashes of lights I assumed were bullets coming the direction of our chopper, and the pilot had to find a way to move out of the direction of fire.
“Cornel is out of the plane” I shouted at the pilot. He could barely hear me, and I had to rush towards the cockpit and shout into his ears.
“What do you say?” He responded
“We have to go pick Cornel Andrew” I shouted back
“What happened to him?” He yelled
“He has fallen off the chopper” I responded back.
This was an officer that told us the importance of team work, and he was the first person to be missing in action. I guess he was already exchanging fire with the terrorists. We had a drone that was capturing exactly what was happening in combat.
In the middle of our heated arguments on whether to go pick up Cornel Andrew or not, we had a second loud bang on our chopper that sent it crashing to the ground.
“Jesus” was all I shouted and everywhere became so blurred and dark. All I heard was shouts and tears that filled the whole place. I managed to stand, and with the aid of my night vision that was still hanging on my neck luckily, I could see all our soldiers. I could see some of them burning and roasting, but I couldn’t help.
“How did I survive?” I asked myself as I quickly Identified others that were still around and alive. Some of them that weren’t hit majorly sustained a little injury, while others were spared totally like I was. Out of the large group of soldiers that was on the plane, only about five of us were well able and about three of us were slightly injured. The rest of them sustained major and devastating injury while the others had giving up the ghost. We dragged the ones that were still breathing, and tried leading them to a safe place where we could find cover.
The other one that were still burning and already roasted were left behind to die slowly and painfully. There was nothing we could do. Our unit doctor was already dead, alongside the two pilots of our chopper.
“I don’t want to die” One of them shouted. Immediately he said that, I remembered that I didn’t even ask about Bright.
“Bright!!!” I yelled mildly with fear all over me. The gentle voice I heard behind me was all I needed to calm me down.
“What do we do?” one of the soldiers asked. It was a minute of deep thinking. “What should we do?” I asked myself again. We were still thinking of what to do, when one of the soldiers gave up the ghost.
“Frank!!” “Frank!!” another soldier called out his name mildly as he repeatedly hit his chest. He had gotten so cold like ice.
“No…..!!!!” I shouted out. I quickly opened the wound of the other soldier and he had already lost his left arm. Blood was gushing out badly and all I did was search around and found some first aid box and attended to it. I had to pull out some of the flesh that blocked the bones that littered out. I stuffed our dog chain to his mouth before his shouting would give out our position.
He moaned in deep pains and we managed to pull back the arm temporarily to his body before using the bandage to close it up. We left him there and decided on what next to do.
“We have to go back and rescue Cornel Andrew” I said to them
“No not possible” one of the guys objected.
“we have to” I said to them. Most of them stood there looking dejected without any knowledge of what was even going on. I looked into their faces and saw people who had given up on life. The only option I knew they heard was just to fall under the bullets of the terrorists.
“Why…!! Why me ooooo” one of the soldiers lamented deeply. We have to go save Cornel Andrew and that was our first mission. We carried the injured soldiers somewhere far away from the rubbles, so as not to attract attention. That we did, before we set out to find the Cornel. He fell out about 2 km away from where our plane crashed. We tried connecting back to the base, but the reception was so bad. We had one single mission now, and that was to stay alive till the break of dawn. We started to trek back to the direction that we felt that he fell. It was a hard journey up the mountain and rocky hill of Borno state, coupled with the fact that it was a chilly night. We continued to journey backwards, and we were already getting tired. At a point in time, we started to hear the sound of gunshots.
“Where is this coming from?” one of the soldiers asked
“I guess it is officer that is engaging them in combat” Bright replied. We quickly squat and re arranged our weapons and stayed low as we headed towards the direction of the gunshot, and making sure that we stayed out of enemy fire and line.
“But I thought that no terrorist was seen here, where did the missile come from?” One of the soldiers asked confused as we stayed low and continued the movement. I later got to know what happened, and I will say it in the next episode.

3 Likes

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Kizobaba(m): 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nwoke Biafra, were art thou, comman giv us update bikonu.

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Dessydemmy: 8:56am On Jun 09, 2017
Maka why na!!! this is killing o please upload anothe episode . Great work thou.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:54am On Jun 10, 2017
drizzcardy:
since Biafraboy didn't come on time and nairalanders are anxious i have to drop it gbam

................................................................................... We boarded the chopper with just one thing on our mind. We wanted to go and annihilate those terrorists that have caused lots of pain for the children, mothers, fathers and everyone living in the north. Everyone took their position inside the chopper, and with a loud noise the chopper rose to the sky and we were on the move.
“We are getting close to the landing area” Cornel Andrew shouted. I and other comrades quickly arranged our rifles, shook hands together and was waiting for the other to start jumping off the chopper. Just then…
There was a loud bang that struck the side of the chopper. Nobody knew what it was, but it flung our chopper into confusion. Cornel Andrew was standing at the exit of the chopper; and during the confusion he was thrown out.
“Noooooo” One of the soldiers yelled. We could see flashes of lights I assumed were bullets coming the direction of our chopper, and the pilot had to find a way to move out of the direction of fire.
“Cornel is out of the plane” I shouted at the pilot. He could barely hear me, and I had to rush towards the cockpit and shout into his ears.
“What do you say?” He responded
“We have to go pick Cornel Andrew” I shouted back
“What happened to him?” He yelled
“He has fallen off the chopper” I responded back.
This was an officer that told us the importance of team work, and he was the first person to be missing in action. I guess he was already exchanging fire with the terrorists. We had a drone that was capturing exactly what was happening in combat.
In the middle of our heated arguments on whether to go pick up Cornel Andrew or not, we had a second loud bang on our chopper that sent it crashing to the ground.
“Jesus” was all I shouted and everywhere became so blurred and dark. All I heard was shouts and tears that filled the whole place. I managed to stand, and with the aid of my night vision that was still hanging on my neck luckily, I could see all our soldiers. I could see some of them burning and roasting, but I couldn’t help.
“How did I survive?” I asked myself as I quickly Identified others that were still around and alive. Some of them that weren’t hit majorly sustained a little injury, while others were spared totally like I was. Out of the large group of soldiers that was on the plane, only about five of us were well able and about three of us were slightly injured. The rest of them sustained major and devastating injury while the others had giving up the ghost. We dragged the ones that were still breathing, and tried leading them to a safe place where we could find cover.
The other one that were still burning and already roasted were left behind to die slowly and painfully. There was nothing we could do. Our unit doctor was already dead, alongside the two pilots of our chopper.
“I don’t want to die” One of them shouted. Immediately he said that, I remembered that I didn’t even ask about Bright.
“Bright!!!” I yelled mildly with fear all over me. The gentle voice I heard behind me was all I needed to calm me down.
“What do we do?” one of the soldiers asked. It was a minute of deep thinking. “What should we do?” I asked myself again. We were still thinking of what to do, when one of the soldiers gave up the ghost.
“Frank!!” “Frank!!” another soldier called out his name mildly as he repeatedly hit his chest. He had gotten so cold like ice.
“No…..!!!!” I shouted out. I quickly opened the wound of the other soldier and he had already lost his left arm. Blood was gushing out badly and all I did was search around and found some first aid box and attended to it. I had to pull out some of the flesh that blocked the bones that littered out. I stuffed our dog chain to his mouth before his shouting would give out our position.
He moaned in deep pains and we managed to pull back the arm temporarily to his body before using the bandage to close it up. We left him there and decided on what next to do.
“We have to go back and rescue Cornel Andrew” I said to them
“No not possible” one of the guys objected.
“we have to” I said to them. Most of them stood there looking dejected without any knowledge of what was even going on. I looked into their faces and saw people who had given up on life. The only option I knew they heard was just to fall under the bullets of the terrorists.
“Why…!! Why me ooooo” one of the soldiers lamented deeply. We have to go save Cornel Andrew and that was our first mission. We carried the injured soldiers somewhere far away from the rubbles, so as not to attract attention. That we did, before we set out to find the Cornel. He fell out about 2 km away from where our plane crashed. We tried connecting back to the base, but the reception was so bad. We had one single mission now, and that was to stay alive till the break of dawn. We started to trek back to the direction that we felt that he fell. It was a hard journey up the mountain and rocky hill of Borno state, coupled with the fact that it was a chilly night. We continued to journey backwards, and we were already getting tired. At a point in time, we started to hear the sound of gunshots.
“Where is this coming from?” one of the soldiers asked
“I guess it is officer that is engaging them in combat” Bright replied. We quickly squat and re arranged our weapons and stayed low as we headed towards the direction of the gunshot, and making sure that we stayed out of enemy fire and line.
“But I thought that no terrorist was seen here, where did the missile come from?” One of the soldiers asked confused as we stayed low and continued the movement. I later got to know what happened, and I will say it in the next episode.

Bro please on a more sincere note. I don't like this. If you can't go to my blog and read the latest episode... allow me to update my stories at my own pace.

Going to my blog and lifting the story by yourself and pasting it here... to what purpose?

Maybe you can help finish up the story by yourself.

You see the time I am still awake... al because I am trying to update... and you think it is so easy right?

Just make sure you complete the story for the readers to finish.

Thanks and God bless!!!!

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Sambusiness(m): 6:02am On Jun 10, 2017
Bro no vex abeg. If he easy make he give us he own story carry on please
BiafraBushBoy:

Bro please on a more sincere note. I don't like this. If you can't go to my blog and read the latest episode... allow me to update my stories at my own pace.

Going to my blog and lifting the story by yourself and pasting it here... to what purpose?

You see the time I am still awake... al because I am trying to update... and you think it is so easy right?

Thanks and God bless!!!!
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by yousooph(m): 6:11am On Jun 10, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Thanks and God bless!!!!

Bro no vex. I dey follow you bumper to bumper
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Maziyd124(m): 11:27am On Jun 10, 2017
Very Interesting Story Keep It Up Bro ;DVery Interesting Story Keep It Up Bro
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Dare2Try(m): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
I love this story like kilode better than all those rubbish story guys have been posting
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by omobs(m): 6:12am On Jun 12, 2017
mr biafrabushboy,oya its okay, come n update nah
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by iLiquidator: 11:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
BiafraBushBoy please come and update.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by kennypedia(m): 6:27am On Jun 14, 2017
Kukuma update your story. Even though it's friction
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by CrownStarPro(m): 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
BiafraBushBoy GeneralBush ... I'm here on behalf of NCAN North Central Region. Please forgive that guy and continue... Biko... Hapu nwantahu... Bia complete dis story... Onatomuto ka sugar
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I will this evening. A must.

boss man. i av a whatsapp group that is solely for publishing stories for readers. I wish i could get your permission to use this story under your name nd credits. may i?
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
CrownStarPro:
BiafraBushBoy GeneralBush ... I'm here on behalf of NCAN North Central Region. Please forgive that guy and continue... Biko... Hapu nwantahu... Bia complete dis story... Onatomuto ka sugar

No wahala sha...

I no know why some pple go dey kill others moral!!

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Drabeey:

boss man. i av a whatsapp group that is solely for publishing stories for readers. I wish i could get your permission to use this story under your name nd credits. may i?

no wahala.

Carry links of another story and be going too.

The need to know that other stories dey too!!

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by iLiquidator: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

No wahala sha...

I no know why some pple go dey kill others moral!!
North West NCAN apologizing on behalf of that guy sir. Please update
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

no wahala.
Carry links of another story and be going too.
The need to know that other stories dey too!!

Thanks bro
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Whiydhee(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nxt Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Whiydhee(m): 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
Whiydhee:
Nxt Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by omobs(m): 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
time to unfollow this story,I cannot come n be waiting for update in dis recession
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
I got to know how those terrorists could manipulate the technology we used against them. I always told my comrades that these guys were more powerful than we imagined. How did they know that we had such technology in our arsenal? I guess it is as a result and manner at which our superiors announce any new weapon we purchase to the media. It makes its way to the sponsors of these terrorists and they find a way to crush us to the ground like they always do.

Now see what happened like I discovered. Our bomber jet operates on the principles of infrared to collect body temperature among living things with a specific mile radius. The terrorists had already gotten information that we were going to be scouting the area, according to reports; they dug deep into a cave and blocked it with so many barricades. This way, they were living deep down the ground, and there was no way the sensor could pick up any one of them.

The bomber jets flew past the area a couple of times, after concluding that the area was safe, we were now ordered to land in the death hole they tagged “safe zone.” As soon as they got information that the jet that was on its second missionary journey was a carrier jet that was when they prepared to strike. With a well calculated and a nice precision, they launched a rocket to the plane. The first one was almost missed, but it ended up scuttling the plane and Cornel Andrew fell off the plane immediately. Then the second one was launched and it was a disaster to the occupants of the plane. We lost a lot of soldiers and I wonder how we could use about 7 soldiers to finish up this mission and return home the way we came. We had to navigate the rocky hills of the Sambisa forest and know exactly where the gunshots were coming from. We continued to navigate the desert and we had walked about 2 hours without taking water that night.

While we got closer, we discovered that the gunshots had reduced drastically. I suspected that either Cornel Andrew had cleared off the terrorist’s troop, or something else has happened. But how possible was it to be true? We tried as much as possible to walk faster, but most of the men were already getting tired. It was a very cold weather that night, and we had to get to the battle front that same night before the break of dawn. A soldier fell down under the weight of his gun, armor bag and body armor. I decided to order others to take off their body armors, if it was going to be heavy for them. About 4 of them decided to drop their body armors and we carried on with the journey. We continued to walk for about 3 hours, navigating the dry sands and rocky terrains of the dreaded Sambisa forest.

“I have to rest” One of the soldiers said as he was panting heavily. I knew he was already tired and exhausted. The only option left to him was just too faint and everything would end. I didn’t want to lose another soldier, as that would reduce our count to just six of us.

“Take coverrrr” I shouted as I pushed Bright out of the way and fell on top of him, only for us to receive a blast from the enemies’ rocket. It didn’t land in a good position. It shredded one of our soldiers into pieces and flung the rest of us into other directions. That was just a signal that we had gotten close to enemy fire. We decided to crawl our way up the rocky terrain and bushy path. Crawling up that path means that we wouldn’t be able to see any incoming rockets; but it would at least protect us from the visibility of the enemies. It was a risk we would take, if we would ever have any hopes of surviving.

“Can we turn back and return to base?” I consulted with the team

“But we don’t have any means of evacuation” One of the soldiers reminded me.

“Jesus my lord” Bright screamed in his normal way.

“We are all gonna die right?” He asked

“You have to calm down and don’t put fear into the hearts of people” I shouted at Bright

“But he is saying the truth na” Another soldier interrupted. I looked at their faces and all I could see was demoralized men. Fear, guilt, hunger and thirst had taken over them.

“Never lose hope; all of us here are going to get home safely. Our wives, children, mothers are going to welcome us in a grand way. We will get those promotions and prove all of them wrong. We will show them that we are the modern day Spartans and nothing will divide us in this battle of life and death!” I spoke with much enthusiasm. I could now see boys who were willing to put in their all in that battle of life and death. We all felt energized and were rearing to go.

With much speed and vigour, we crawled up up the rock terrain and found where we could stay and launch our attack. We could see the enemy’s position clearly, but we were outnumbered in terms of numbers and defense positions. They were all behind bunkers and had a Heckler and Koch MG5 machine guns that could fire multiple rounds within seconds. They had about three mounted in different locations. We would have taken them out with a sniper, but we were seriously lacking in that department.

Our sniper was among the casualities we had in the plane crash, and the M16A4 that we had wasn’t able to shoot past a certain range. We had no option than to engage in a face to face combat with them.

“Can you find Cornel Andrew?” One of the soldiers asked. One of them again had to bring out his binoculars and trace down the path the terrorists were having a field day kicking something around.

“God!!” The soldier with the magnifier shouted.

“What’s that?” We all asked almost simultaneously. He paused for a second with tears almost roaming down his eyes. He looked at us and tears started to flow freely. I held my breath tightly, so as not to let emotions overtake me.

“Calm down Sgt” I beckoned on him. He started to communicate in a language quite unknown to me. I held him, likewise other soldiers.

“What happened?” Another soldier asked, as he pointed down the hill where the enemies were having fun…

To Be Continued.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wizard Landlord (A True Life Story) By Attire Literature / How To Write A Letter To Apply For Loan In Your Company / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.