Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) (34932 Views)

A Game Of Love And Obsession / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
There was Cornel Andrew’s body hung upside down on a stake. His head was chopped off and placed between his laps, and was supported by a rope. Whichever way they could achieve that, it was clear that they meant business. They had overpowered him, and according to the positioning and condition of his body, I guessed that he was captured alive. The area was well cleared, and no sign of the terrorists hanging around. I sensed a trap, and advised the troops to continue holding position.

“No one is around there,” one of the soldiers notified me

“And you think so?” I asked him with a smile.

“I am just saying what I saw and noticed” He replied with humor in his voice.

“You see that region, and that area around where that machine gun is loaded. That is called a death trap. If you venture into that place, you will only have your spirit to blame.” I told him with humor.

“So what do we do, since we can’t even see anybody to engage” Another soldier asked.

“We wait!” I ordered. “Before that, get the coms equipment and try reaching out to the headquarters.” I told the technical guy.

I have always assumed responsibility in extreme situations like this. I am one of the least ranked commissioned soldiers in our midst here, but I guess that it boils down to someone who has the zeal to succeed. A lot of the soldiers had already started giving up, and towing that same path, twill be giving our body free of charge to the terrorists to feed on. Sometimes, we had to go extra miles to survive, not because it our obligation from the Nigerian Army, but because we had other reasons to do it.

Genea was my main reason, and it was over a year now that I have heard from her. I love her so much, and every passing day I felt that the war in the North East would seize, so as to have a chance to see her again. I knew it was getting close, and if we could record this victory, it will hasten the process.

“What are you thinking bro” Someone tapped me from behind and asked. I turned around, and it was Bright. I smiled out and continued looking the direction I was looking at.

“I am thinking about how we can even demolish these terrorists and get down with our normal lives outside this place” I said to him.

“Wow; you must be a very good liar” He said.

“Hehehhehe” I laughed out.

“How did I lie?” I asked him

“I guess you was thinking about something very emotional” He said

“Everything around here is already emotional” I reminded him. “We haven’t ever planned a mission, and it came out the way we anticipated. I don’t know if they are using us to play their game of chess” I said to Bright.

“You better calm down, make e no be for your mouth they go hear am” Bright said. I chuckled and continued to bite my fingers that had already grown rapidly. The reason why we were still stuck up that mountain was because of the fact that the enemy was more equipped than we were. Imagine we had the amount of ammunitions they had, it would had been a clean sweep. Logistics played a very great role in us assuming the present scenario we were then.

“Have you gotten across to the headquarters?” I asked the guy who was to make the call.

“We are having bad reception bro” He responded.

“I see movements” One of our soldiers who acted as an outlooker alerted us. I quickly ran towards his direction and took the telescope from him.

“Why are they moving?” I asked him

“I don’t know bro” He responded. “That was why I called you to come have a look”

“Those guys are up to something” I told myself.

“We have to attack right?” He asked

“Yes we have to” I responded. We immediately got ourselves together and took our position. “Pick an enemy, and we fire the first shots” I told the team. Everyone took their positions, and we opened fire immediately on them. It wasn’t long after we opened fire that they returned greater fire from their own end.

“Move left” I shouted to the guy beside me. He quickly dived left and covered us from that angle. I just realized that they had seen us longest time ago. All they did was flanking and overtaking us from all sides. It would have been disastrous if they were the first to open fire on us. We are having the upper hand in the battle, but for how long was it going to last. We are just about six in number, against enemies who are like sand in the water.

“We have to advance and cover the front line” One of the soldier suggested

“Not a good idea” I shouted back. “Just keep holding your position as much as you can.”

“If they advance, it would be disastrous” He echoed. Now we were stuck between two options. Advancing means that the left flank would be left open, and the enemies could hit us hard from that point and disband us within few seconds. If we remain the way we are, we would end up being on the defense for as long as the battle rages. It was a difficult decision to make, and we had to do it as fast as possible.

“You right…!!!” one my soldiers screamed. One of the terrorists had gone through hell, just to infiltrate our line. He rushed towards me like a hungry lion looking to devour a lamb. I tried to shoot but discovered that my rifle had gotten jammed. It was like a movie but happening live to me. I saw him face his rifle towards me as I continued to search for my small pistol. Just before I found it, all I heard was the sound of a bullet leaving a rifle.

“BOOOOOM” was all I heard…

“Noooooo” was what cry that filled the air.

Someone was shot, but who was that?

To Be Continued.

Next episode going on @ http://topwritersden.com/mission-sambisa-part2/15/
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
omobs:
time to unfollow this story,I cannot come n be waiting for update in dis recession

No wahala... smiley
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by omobs(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

No wahala... smiley
abeg update joor,even if nah for ur blog...I just threaten u,u don dey vex
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
omobs:

abeg update joor,even if nah for ur blog...I just threaten u,u don dey vex

I don update na... i dey sick since.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by meneski(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
following your every move... Nice one you got here. Ndewo!
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Mike shocked
I swear I dinnuh know that you continued this stowie undecided
My padi.......where art though na.

Adesina12 I spoke to Lleigh.....she is doing fine and can be back anytime. Whatever happened to Swann?

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by omobs(m): 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I don update na... i dey sick since.

oh sorry,as person no get job,na nairaland stories, I use dey keep body n soul till I get something
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
omobs:

oh sorry,as person no get job,na nairaland stories, I use dey keep body n soul till I get something

Sorry about that bro.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
kai bush bush.... your head set for dere
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Akinwale14(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
BiafraBushBoy weldon jare and hope u and bright go reach home
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by swiz123(m): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2017
breathtaking update!! keeping my fingers crossed hoping you survive even though bright the weakling doesn't
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Lleigh(f): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2017
jagugu88li:
To think i was called ages ago for this and I'm only realising now that i never responded. Lleigh, wherever you are....stay there sis because the punishment i have for you is unbearable.

Adesina12 Lankyannie I see you

jagugu88li i hope i am forgiven kiss

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Adesina12: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lleigh:

jagugu88li i hope i am forgiven kiss

Forgiven dear
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by SirGoldEjike(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
I just read the next update for ur blog, nna mehn, u to sabi military well well ooo, u b soldier ne? Or u legendary Father was, me no know but wetin i know bsay,, Nwanne Bush u too much, carry go my brother
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by iLiquidator: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
biafrabushboy if the mods wouldn't allow you to update here jst update on your blog let's keep on reading there
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
iLiquidator:
biafrabushboy if the mods wouldn't allow you to update here jst update on your blog let's keep on reading there

Thanks bro...

The ban is getting frustrating...

lol
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
Update is coming this night, please stay in touch ooo

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
I stood stunned with my hand still tucked beside my combat trouser holding my pistol. I’d seen my life flash before my face. With splashes of blood all over my face I turned and saw Bright holding up his rifle.

“You owe me one bro.” he shouted and turned spraying bullets in the opposite direction. I took cover immediately and leashed out my anger on few of the terrorist marching towards us shooting recklessly.

I couldn’t believe I had a close shave with death.

“You should have allowed me, that was my time ringing” I said to Bright.

“Maybe you should allow those ones coming behind you to overrun you, then I can send you meat-pie in hell! You doughebag” Bright joked. I smiled, before I turned and took the five of them down before the trigger clicked signifying an empty cartridge. Recoiling I looked around and saw my gallant colleagues trying so hard to hold the position whiles the terrorist kept pushing hard. Crawling slowly towards my rifle, I picked as flying bullets kept whizzing past my head and dived to cover. Pulling out the cartridge I removed the bullet that got jammed before slotting it back ready to go into action.

Suddenly I looked up and noticed the terrorist changing their formation. They’d stooped shooting leaving the sound of the gun shots coming from my men.

“Hold your fire!!!” I screamed and immediately dead silence fall over the forest. The only sound that could be heard was the hard breathing of my men.

“Bright on me.” I called out and he crawled through the shrub to my position.

“They are changing their position….. I feel they are up to something definitely not good.” I muttered. He looked up and nodded in affirmation.

“What do we do?” he asked. I noticed the fear in his voice though he tried hard not to let it show. Heaving deeply I closed my eyes letting my head fall. Again the picture of Genea appeared on my head. I won’t go back to her in a casket I said in my head.

Raising my head I tapped Bright on the shoulder. “We’re making it out of here alive” I reassured.

He nodded as always. He always believed in me and followed my orders it’s now time for me to justify his trust on me.

“Let’s go…”

I crawled leading the way back to the other four who were still very much on alert.

“Are you ok?” I threw open the question as all of them nodded in affirmative with the eyes still holding their position. “Now listen up…. We are leaving this place. We can’t let them corner us here and I know this is not a surrender for them they are bringing a big surprise which we can’t wait for.” I paused to let the words sink. “Now we are taking that direction…” I said pointing to the left wing which still had some of the terrorist lurking around.

“Sir…” the soldier facing the direction called looking questionably at me.

“Yes….” I repeated. “That is a death trap” I continued pointing towards the direction that had no terrorist. “Once we step out there that’s the end. They expect us to take that route but we will surprise them by not taking it.” I could see them nodding in affirmative.

I was still talking when Bright called my attention. I paused and listened as the sound of an APC roaring through the bush from a distance echoed. I looked around and saw fear written all over their face.

“On me…” I commanded crawling towards the terrorists as the first heavy sound of shelling came uprooting a tree close to where we were.

“We are under fire!!!” I echoed as we all rushed towards cover. We could hear the sound of the bombs, but I couldn’t just know where it was coming from.

“Jesus!!” One of the soldiers lamented

“Keep your heads down” I shouted at them

“Our heads are down already” One of the replied

“Nice, just let it remain down” I replied.

“So if our head is down, how do we return fire?” Another guy asked.

“Nice question” I replied him “Next question?” I asked. There was a moment of silence.

“They are closing in on us” One of the soldiers screamed. Everywhere was dusty and I couldn’t see a thing. I was battling with making sure dusts and dirt didn’t enter my eyes, because that would be more disastrous.

“Everyone with glasses?” I asked

“Yes!!” was the general answer I got.

“Put it on.” I ordered them. The shillings and the bombings continued in rapid force. We were being forced to retreat asap. It is obvious that we don’t know this terrain, and we were clearly outnumbered.

“I want to use the gas flagger” I said to the team. “We are running out in 5” I reminded them.

“East or west?” A voice asked

“We run East in 5” I repeated

5, 4,3,2,1… I opened up the gas and dropped it a distance over us. I and the team picked up and headed east wards. We continued running till we were totally out of the enemies’ sight, or so we thought.

“Are you okay?” I asked one of the soldiers I saw holding on to his legs and groaning in pain.

“I just twisted my ankle” He said in deep pains. I decided to apply some first aid training I had received in the past. I removed his shoe as he groaned severely in pains. I finally removed the shoe and rose up his trouser to behold something terrible.

“God!!!” I shouted.

“What is that?” He said while trying to have a look at his own leg. I quickly pushed him down to avoid him seeing his own wounds. Other colleagues came closer and looked down on it. I signaled them not to release any emotions. His ankle was pretty messed up. He was hit by a bullet to his ankle, and it blew a larger portion of the flesh there.

“How did he manage to run?” Bright asked mildly to my ears

“I don’t know” I replied

“Can someone get the medical team on the phone? We need an evac” I repeated to the comms man

“We aren’t having a good network here at all Sir” He responded.

“How many are we here?” I asked

“Just 5 of us” A soldier responded

“Including him? I asked, pointing at the injured soldier

“Yes” Was the answer I got.

“Bullshit” I said to myself.

“What next now?” A soldier asked.

I looked at myself, I looked at the team, and I looked at the ammunitions we had. I felt that killing ourselves would be the best option.

“We have been left behind by those who don’t care about us. Even if we survive here, they will still jail us and call us deserters” I said to the team.

“So what do you want us to do because I am tired of this kind of life already” One of the soldiers asked.

“Death!!!” I said with a firm smile…

To Be Continued.

You can read ahead by clicking http://topwritersden.com/mission-sambisa-part2/16/
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by LordCrimson(m): 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lawwwwd! That was breath taking(No asthma) Don't forget to mention me next time you update
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Lankyannie(f): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
after now a descendant of Adam will be advising me to buy NDA form just because of ordinary Naira and prestige wey go make me end like chicken.
wish Collins was here to read this story and know the true life of a Nigerian soldier before embarking on this NDA shit.
I just pray they make it out alive. the only BUSH BOY OF BIAFRA we have in nairaland, may your fountain of wisdom never run dry dear.

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by iLiquidator: 10:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Update is coming this night, please stay in touch ooo
following bumper to bumper
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Akinwale14(m): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lankyannie:
after now a descendant of Adam will be advising me to buy NDA form just because of ordinary Naira and prestige wey go make me end like chicken.
wish Collins was here to read this story and know the true life of a Nigerian soldier before embarking on this NDA shit.
I just pray they make it out alive. the only BUSH BOY OF BIAFRA we have in nairaland, may your fountain of wisdom never run dry dear.
That one no mean nah if God say na for war some soldiers go die nothing fit change am,people wey no be soldier sef dey die even their own death worst pass soldier own

2 Likes

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by omobs(m): 10:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
nice update bro, make sure you finish those boko bastards
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by NNAMDIII(m): 12:34am On Jun 20, 2017
Lankyannie:
Abeg no buy nda form, we no need people like you! That guy na depot him go! There's a difference between academy and depot
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Lankyannie(f): 9:47am On Jun 20, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Abeg no buy nda form, we no need people like you! That guy na depot him go! There's a difference between academy and depot
ok ooo, my female gene doesn't have that kinda liver.
will stick to a normal school biko.

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Lankyannie(f): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2017
Akinwale14:
That one no mean nah if God say na for war some soldiers go die nothing fit change am,people wey no be soldier sef dey die even their own death worst pass soldier own
abi?
but as for me, I wont encourage my loved ones to enter anything relating to army, soldier or war cus na them dey suffer pass.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Akinwale14(m): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lankyannie:
abi?
but as for me, I wont encourage my loved ones to enter anything relating to army, soldier or war cus na them dey suffer pass.
But no be olny army be soldier nah navy and airforce are soldiers too nah so if u want to join u fit join navy or airforce,but as for me o na navy i like pass

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
“What?” Bright was the first to ask with his eyes widly openend.

“I just hope you are joking” He said. Others looked at him with a stern look.

“You be soldier at all?” One of them asked him

“Mesef, I just tire for this Lance corporal” another chipped in. Lance corporal was Bright’s rank in the military, just a rank below mine. I was promoted to the rank of a corporal after our battle at Bama. I and Bright were the two least soldiers among five sergeants, but in the battle of life and death, ranks counted as nothing.

“Why should you be scared of dying?” One of them questioned Bright to his face.

“Look at us, do we have anything worth living for again? They have surrounded us, and if we don’t act, we are gonna be killed like mere chickens” The guy spoke with tears coming out of his eyes. He quickly reached for his wallet and brought out a picture, before raising it up for us. I focused my looks on the picture to see exactly what he was trying to show.

That was the picture of a pregnant woman holding another baby on her arm.

“This is my wife. She gave birth the day I was coming to this God forsaken forest, just to kill those that they pay us to kill. To risk my life for people who don’t even know I exist. I don’t know anything else than being a soldier, and that is what they pay me to do.” He said as he held his wife’s picture on his chest and cried like a baby. I looked at Bright a second time and went straight to meet with the soldier.

“All will be fine” I whispered to him.

“Me no get family ooo…” Another of the soldiers interrupted the silence. “Ever since I come here, I don forget wetin be family. Na just me and my gun ooo… I don say my own finish” He said as he tucked his gun to the floor and danced round it in a funny way. Everybody was looking for someone to say something. Another soldier walk out and said that he left his wife pregnant, and he hopes to see his wife as soon as the battle is over. I looked at his name and saw Sgt Ali.

Bright quietly stood up from where he was and walked right into the center. He looked at everyone keenly before he continued his speech.

“I am very sorry for letting you all down. Just that I am the only son and my dad died while I was still a baby. My mother was chased out of the family inheritance because had nobody to speak for her. I decided to join the army as a youth, so that I can get what is mine back. I never knew that I would be sent on this Mission. My mother is very sick, and I don’t know how she is or who is even looking after her. The thought of dying and leaving her alone in this wicked world turns my belle and makes me scared even when I should be strong. Please forgive me, we are in this together and we will fight together. Whether in life or in death” He said as tears rolled down his eyes. I know I am a strong person and nothing moves me to tears easily. But after Bright’s speech, I could feel them as they wanted to burst off my eyes. I started to fight uncontrollable and when I looked at the other guys, they also stood speechless.

“Commander, you have anything to say?” One of the soldier’s asked me. I had to say something. It would be stingy of me listening to everyone and not dropping a word for them.

“I do this for my father, who I only see time to time in my dreams. I do this for my mother, whom I love so much and pray I ever get to see her again. I do this for my sister whom I love so much and might not see her cute smile again.” I said as I paused.

“But most importantly, I do this for my fiancée who always assured me that she would be waiting for me to back home into her arms. We were supposed to get married, but this mission cut is short. I know I will see her again, and we will live together forever” I said as I quickly took my weapon and went to sit behind a cover.

“So what next?” Sgt Ali asked. I quickly assembled all of them together and drew a sketchy plan of the forest we found ourselves.

“This is their main weapon. If we are able to disable this, we would have a level playing ground” I said to them. Their main weapon is a very sophisticated Machine gun that was mounted behind a bunker. It could spray long distances and could pierce even the strongest of metals with ease.

We couldn’t go face to face because that would amount to suicide, and all our plans of flanking them was proved abortive because they had strong defenses.

“So what should we do now?” Bright asked. Everyone turned around to stare at him, and it was so unbelievable that he asked such a question.

“I don’t know” I replied truthfully.

“Let us battle the flanks. If we gain hold of that, it will be easier fighting from the sides” Sgt Ahmed said. Sgt Ahmed was the man whose wife delivered the day we were heading to this our drop location.

“But what if as we wan battle for flank, they come reduce our man power nko, which wan we go use fight the main enemy?” Sgt Ejiro questioned. I guess he was from the South South part of Nigeria. He was the soldier who claimed he had no family to call his own. He was a very good and voracious soldier, who fought like it was his personal business. Young , agile, dedicated and aggressive were the adjectives I could use to qualify him.

“It is better that the suicide of going head to head with the Machine gun” Sgt Ali the quiet man chipped in.

“I think so” Bright added.

I was about to stand up and buttress exactly how we were gonna now attack them by the flanks, but we never knew that they were already 2 steps ahead of us.

“Speewwww” was the sound of the rifle bullet that flew past my head. It was a close shave with death, but it split the rock I was resting on formerly into various particles.

To Be Continued!!

Next update going on @ http://topwritersden.com/mission-sambisa-part2/17/
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
The story is graduallly coming to an end. Just two more episodes to go.

I will be starting up a new story titiled

"Memoir of a SEX slave"...

But I will be posting it on romance section.

Please stay glued to it!! wink
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by SirGoldEjike(m): 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
The story is graduallly coming to an end. Just two more episodes to go.

I will be starting up a new story titiled

"Memoir of a SEX slave"...

But I will be posting it on romance section.

Please stay glued to it!! wink
You are Genius Bro! With Gifted Hands and Anointed Brain! Cant wait for your new story!
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by omobs(m): 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
nice one bro
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:00am On Jun 25, 2017
“Take cover…!!!” I shouted as I dived towards a random position that came to my mind. I and my comrades went into different directions. I hurriedly reloaded my gun and calmed down to know where the bullet was flying from.

“You okay?” I shouted

“Yes” Someone replied.

“Is that you Ali?” I asked

“Yes” He replied. I fired some few shots towards the face of the terrorist that was rushing towards my direction. The bullet hit him directly in his face.

“Nice shot” Bright shouted. Was else could I do than raise a ‘thumbs up’ to him.

I quickly stood from my position and advanced towards his own position. The other guys were seriously engrossed with the surging terrorist from their own position.

“these guys are coming like flies” Sgt Ejiro shouted.

“We are not moving out of this position” I yelled to them. The terrorists were coming at us like they have been programmed to die. I wondered what orientation they were given, before surging towards our direction with full force. We were having the upper hand in the battle, till something terrible happened.

“RPG!!!” Sgt Ahmed shouted. We quickly stood up from our position and retreated. The RPG landed and sent us packing from the floor. I and the other guys around me were lucky not to have been shattered by the RPG, but someone wasn’t so lucky.

“Where is Ali?” I asked. I quickly stood up, dusted myself and went in search of Ali. I couldn’t see him, and I continued to yell his name with my head low to the ground. All my searching efforts became futile the moment I saw something on the floor. I bent low and examined it, and it was someone’s fleshy particles. That was Sgt body; it had been shattered by the RPG.

“Where is he?” Ejiro asked

“He is dead” I said gently.

“How did you know he is dead?” He asked. I turned around and saw gloomy faces, waiting for me to bear the news. I hadn’t even spoken a word, when Sgt Ahmed bent low and picked up his body particle from another position. That was his leg, it had been disseminated from his body.

“Jesus!!!” Sgt Ejiro shouted. Moral was running low and there was nothing we could do about it. Ejiro quietly picked up his rifle, stood up and was moving away from the rest of the squad.

“Where are you going to?” Bright asked him. He didn’t say a word, and I dived towards him and held him.

“Where you are heading to was where the RPG came from” I said to him.

“Then what?” He asked with a deep and angry voice. “Am I better than the person that just died now?” He asked as he flung away my hands and made some steps. I rushed towards him again and held tightly onto him.

“Sir please, don’t do this” I begged him.

“Do you know I am your superior?” He asked with a mean look. The moment he said that, I shifted back almost immediately and stood at attention. Bright and Sgt Ahmed was standing behind and was observing what was happening. Sgt Ejiro looked at me scornfully and was about to make the next step, before a blazing bullet blasted through his heart. I quickly flung myself towards him and pulled him to the ground. All I could feel was the jerk of a dying man. He was jerking between intervals like he was under shock. The bullets kept on flying but the shooters continued to miss targets. I dragged him towards Bright and Ahmed’s position, as they themselves had already taken cover.

“Drag him” I said to Bright, who held the leg of Sgt Ejiro and we dragged him and retreated to safety for the while. I turned his body around and all I saw was a clean shot to his chest.

“That was a fvcking sniper!!!” I said to Bright with tears in my eyes. Sgt Ejiro had already became unconscious, and there was no need of telling him to hang on because I was sure that there was no help coming by. We watched him as he continued to spit out blood from his mouth, before he became as silent as a graveyard.

“He is gone” Sgt Ahmed said with pains written all over his words.

“We have to find a way out” I said to them.

“Are we leaving him here?” Bright asked

“What should we do?” I asked back.

“Can’t we bury him or something?” He asked

“are you insane? How can we bury him in the middle of warfare? Who will dig his grave?” I asked Bright.

He became silent.

“You should know that it is almost 2 days, and we haven’t eaten. Where do we get the energy to dig a grave?” I asked midly.

“We are moving out” I said before other agreed to my opinion. Sgt Ahmed and Bright picked up their rifle, and we started venturing into the thick forest for our own safety. We thought we could go back from where we came from, but I guess that it was something that isn’t just going to happen like that easily. We continued to walk fast; I tried to track the way the way we came, but I couldn’t just figure it out.

“any way is a way” Sgt Ahmed said. Since we couldn’t find the exact way, we assumed that any way backwards was the way we came from. We continued in stealth mode; it was an uninterrupted journey backwards, and we continued moving as fast as our legs could carry us.

Just when we thought that we were on the track to getting out of the evil forest, we met the unexpected.

“Is this our end?” I thought to my sef!!

“Jesus” Bright shouted!!

Next Episode already going on @ http://topwritersden.com/mission-sambisa-part2/18/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wizard Landlord (A True Life Story) By Attire Literature / How To Write A Letter To Apply For Loan In Your Company / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.