Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

My Idea On Who Created God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Idea On Who Created God (7968 Views)

Who Created God? / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by dalaman: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
Happy birthday bro johnydon22. Wishing you many good years ahead.
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by johnydon22(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmm brother John

The First Cause is God .

It does not need to be a certain way before it is accepted as God .

The certain way you are thinking maybe an old bearded guy sitting on the throne with emotions and all - that is called anthropomorphism .

Its just a way of giving God personal attributes to make It comprehensible to the human reader

Check this out : https://www.nairaland.com/3504236/xenophanes-criticism-anthropomorphism-vs-triune

Lol... The question was very straight sir and this does not answer the question one bit or address the basis of its logic or do you want me to break it down further?

Anyway that's ok i understand, anybody else care to help?
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by johnydon22(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
dalaman:
Happy birthday bro johnydon22. Wishing you many good years ahead.

Thank you
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
urchcoded:

Den, why must d chain be broken at d point where God has to come in... We could just break it anywhere dan dat

We are just going round in this argument bro .

Self existence is a logical necessity . With infinite chains of causes and effects , you can't explain anything because there is no starting and ending point to attribute initial conditions too .

That's why scientists avoid conclusions that result to infinite universes inform of infinite chains of causes and effects.

You need an uncaused cause which is God .

Nwanna i never chop much shaa... I wan prepare for church now... Lemme go and play the keyboard for dem @church...

Yea i still go to church

People go to churches for different purposes nowadays so its no big deal .

I seldom go to Church smiley
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
johnydon22:

Lol... The question was very straight sir and this does not answer the question one bit or address the basis of its logic or do you want me to break it down further?

Anyway that's ok i understand, anybody else care to help?

Let me put it is straight to you , its an illogical question . That was all I was trying to tell you . smiley

1 Like

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
dalaman:

Allah and Yahweh are the same.supreme beings? How?

The same supreme Being bro , just different concepts that seam conflicting .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by johnydon22(m): 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Let me put it is straight to you , its an illogical question . That was all I was trying to tell you . smiley

Lol... So any question you cannot answer is illogical, you probably should have saved us the trouble and said so and not pour unrelated answers..

Anyway i hear you... Carry on!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by hahn(m): 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
johnydon22:

Thank you

Where is the rice and chicken and beer and weed na? undecided

Today happens to be my wedding anniversary too. If to say we dey close we for flex together
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by johnydon22(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
hahn:

Where is the rice and chicken and beer and weed na? undecided

Today happens to be my wedding anniversary too. If to say we dey close we for flex together

my bae dey come my house, goan celebrate by yourself cus i'm not going anywhere today at all
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
Here is the question

johnydon22:
So can we then put it that whatever it is that was self existent is God or must this self existent thing be special in a particular way in order to be referred to as God?

And my response is :

The First Cause which is self existent is God .

There is no need for it to be in any special or particular way for it to be referred to as God .

It don't think this can be triturated any further .
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by dalaman: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The same supreme Being bro , just different concepts that seam conflicting .

In your opinion right?
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
dalaman:

In your opinion right?

Yup .

That's why deism rejects religious concepts (revealed theology) . Because it seems conflicting . Everyone is now ascribing any personal attribute he/she wishes to God in the name of divine revelation .

But the mistake is , deism fails to consider the necessity of a personal God that has the power or authority and will to divinely reveal itself to man .

Not every type of deism rejects personal God though some types accept a personal God .
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by ogologoamu: 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
niyihawking:

so, who told you all these lies
have you been to the second heaven before,to know that their is a third one?

I hate engaging scientifically unsound people

if the sun is blocking the third heaven, what heaven is Sirius(the brightest star in the night sky) then?, the 7th heaven?.....I pity your ignorance
I can bet you don't even know that the sun is one of the stars in the sky(there are bigger ones)

you even talking as if the sun is a fence guiding a property.

don't ever mention me again as I can tolerate engaging a deluded mind, it pieces me off, only an animal can say this.
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by BaEnki(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Alright then

You claimed different concepts of God was created by the elites to control the masses . And I asked you to show me which masses the deistic concept of God is supposed to control . And I also reminded you that the classical deists were no elites .

So please respond smiley

Okay,
Firstly I never mentioned masses, I said frail minds, unless you think that's what I meant, or that frail minds equates masses.
So having said that, by asking that which masses the destic concept of God suppose to control, I believe that we are on the same term that God is just a concept, moreover the elites I was referring were not deist, rather a theist. Sorry this is coming late, I have been busy here.
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by Seun(m): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
urchcoded:
Before u call me an idiot, i did believe in God but I'm not sure i believe now until someone or he somehow show me dat he actually exists... Any way i was discussing with some die hard Christian... Told her God don't exist. She asked me who created d world i replied i'on know she said is God. I asked who den created God she said she doesn't know... So dis is my opinion....

The first man now sits on the floor looking at the fire he made from stones, the shelter he made from Wood, the cloths he made from plants... But now says to him self who now made the flowers, the sky, the seas, he is very sure it is someone like him but just more powerful, more wise and more everything he(man) is so he said it must be God. Hence it would be only reasonable to say man created God in his own image.... And not the other way round... *thanks*
This video, titled "The thing that made the things for which there is no known maker" illustrates your points very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVbnciQYMiM

However, based on the little I've read people didn't start up by inventing God. Monotheism is actually a recent phenomenon in human history. People started out by worshipping powerful things in nature like the sun, moon, thunder, etc. Then they came up with the concept of gods that control different aspects of their lives, such as gods of war (Yahweh of the bible and Ogun of the Yorubas) and goddesses of fertility. They offered sacrifices to the gods that were responsible for the type of blessings that they needed. Then they developed the concept of a hierarchy among the gods, with one god being recognized as the leader of the other gods and the first god to have existed. For the Hebrews this was known as Elohim, and for Yorubas this was Eledumare/Olorun/Olofi (a kind of trinity I guess).

At some point in history, some Jewish followers of Yahweh who were linked to a king came to believe that their god of war was the top god and the Israelites were his chosen people. With the king's support, they decided that no other god should be worshipped in Israel. But the Israelites already had a body of literature based on the idea of a pantheon of gods including Yahweh with Elohim as the leader, so they had to rewrite their literature to fit the idea of Yahweh as the god of Israel. They altered some of the existing stories an added theirs, but they didn't do it perfectly. So in Genesis, there are two stories of the origin of man, and God is referred to as Elohim many times. So when God says "let us do X" in Genesis, that was Elohim, the head of the gods, addressing the other lesser gods, such as Yahweh. And Baal, by the way.

Somewhere along the line followers of Yahweh became convinced that not only was the god of Israel the most powerful god in the world, a notion based on ethnic pride, he was also the only true god in the world. All other gods were false gods. Thus, God was born. We know that Yahweh wasn't always considered as God because there are verses of the bible that entertain the notion of other gods. E.g. stuff like "who is like unto thee, O Yahweh, among the gods, who is like thee?" Btw, Yahweh was a jealous god, so it was totally ok to kill anybody who worshipped a different god, whether they were foreigners whose land the Israelites wanted or fellow Israelites who dared to worship Baal.

Monotheism is an intolerant concept born of tribalism, arrogance, and a desire to justify acts of violence against worshippers of other gods.

Note: This is my current understanding but I most certainly got some of the details wrong. Later I will recheck and correct the wrong parts.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by hahn(m): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
johnydon22:
my bae dey come my house, goan celebrate by yourself cus i'm not going anywhere today at all

Your bae freecocoa abi na new one?

Upload picture abeg
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by Richirich713: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
johnydon22:
expatiate.... Lets see

What's there to explain?, ancients look at nature and reasoned that there was a ultimate, since they all don't think the same, they had different understandings of the ultimate.
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by Richirich713: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Belief is only required when a thing is not evidential.
I wont say I believe there is sun or moon, they are evidently obvious.

Believe just means accepting something to be true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Brother Hahn . Personal attacks are certainly unnecessary . I've stopped trolling by the way. grin

I'm sure you haven't seen me personally attack someone for a long time wink
after deepinsight beat you with better koboko ,you con stop trolling abi,,,,halleluyah
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
Seun:
This video, titled "The thing that made the things for which there is no known maker" illustrates your points very well:

However, based on the little I've read people didn't start up by inventing God. Monotheism is actually a recent phenomenon in human history. People started out by worshipping powerful things in nature like the sun, moon, thunder, etc. Then they came up with the concept of gods that control different aspects of their lives, such as gods of war (Yahweh of the bible and Ogun of the Yorubas) and goddesses of fertility. They offered sacrifices to the gods that were responsible for the type of blessings that they needed. Then they developed the concept of a hierarchy among the gods, with one god being recognized as the leader of the other gods and the first god to have existed. For the Hebrews this was known as Elohim, and for Yorubas this was Eledumare/Olorun/Olofi (a kind of trinity I guess).

At some point in history, some Jewish followers of Yahweh who were linked to a king came to believe that their god of war was the top god and the Israelites were his chosen people. With the king's support, they decided that no other god should be worshipped in Israel. But the Israelites already had a body of literature based on the idea of a pantheon of gods including Yahweh with Elohim as the leader, so they had to rewrite their literature to fit the idea of Yahweh as the god of Israel. They altered some of the existing stories an added theirs, but they didn't do it perfectly. So in Genesis, there are two stories of the origin of man, and God is referred to as Elohim many times. So when God says "let us do X" in Genesis, that was Elohim, the head of the gods, addressing the other lesser gods, such as Yahweh. And Baal, by the way.

Somewhere along the line followers of Yahweh became convinced that not only was the god of Israel the most powerful god in the world, a notion based on ethnic pride, he was also the only true god in the world. All other gods were false gods. Thus, God was born. We know that Yahweh wasn't always considered as God because there are verses of the bible that entertain the notion of other gods. E.g. stuff like "who is like unto thee, O Yahweh, among the gods, who is like thee?" Btw, Yahweh was a jealous god, so it was totally ok to kill anybody who worshipped a different god, whether they were foreigners whose land the Israelites wanted or fellow Israelites who dared to worship Baal.

Monotheism is an intolerant concept born of tribalism, arrogance, and a desire to justify acts of violence against worshippers of other gods.

Note: This is my current understanding but I most certainly got some of the details wrong. Later I will recheck and correct the wrong parts.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Please no one should pay attention to this shocked shocked

What kind of repugnant assumptions are these

Monotheism started with urreligion which was monotheistic in nature and it was the first form of religion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urreligion

Judaism has made it clear anthropomorphic characteristics were given to God - God is not a person .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_god#Judaism

Here is a thread explaining that God is not limited to religion

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
Seun:

This is false and here is the real story :

http://www.reformjudaism.org/exodus-not-fiction
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Richirich713:

Believe just means accepting something to be true.
Yea, but I'm not defining believe here.

However, believe doesn't make a claim true.
It is either fact, believe or assumptions.
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by akintom(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
urchcoded:
Before u call me an idiot, i did believe in God but I'm not sure i believe now until someone or he somehow show me dat he actually exists... Any way i was discussing with some die hard Christian... Told her God don't exist. She asked me who created d world i replied i'on know she said is God. I asked who den created God she said she doesn't know... So dis is my opinion....

The first man now sits on the floor looking at the fire he made from stones, the shelter he made from Wood, the cloths he made from plants... But now says to him self who now made the flowers, the sky, the seas, he is very sure it is someone like him but just more powerful, more wise and more everything he(man) is so he said it must be God. Hence it would be only reasonable to say man created God in his own image.... And not the other way round... *thanks*

All the Christian apologists know this for fact. Just that honesty is anathema to them. The reason that they would rather roast in hell than own up.
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
I have the belief that God exists but I am no longer a Christian... please read this article about the DNA code, it would realize that there is a possibility that there is a Supreme Creator - http://cosmicfingerprints.com/dna-atheists/dna-code/
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
BaEnki:

Okay,
Firstly I never mentioned masses, I said frail minds, unless you think that's what I meant, or that frail minds equates masses.
So having said that, by asking that which masses the destic concept of God suppose to control, I believe that we are on the same term that God is just a concept, moreover the elites I was referring were not deist, rather a theist. Sorry this is coming late, I have been busy here.

I never said that God Itself is a concept . Let me clear : there are different religious concepts of God . And there are also philosophical positions on God's existence .
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 29, 2016
ogologoamu:
@ op, why is it that no human even scientists with their sophisticated gadgets have been able to travel to the sun and come back alive?.
I can't even deal with you guys grin grin

How does that even relate to the op?? OK, to answer your question, humans cannot because the sun is too hot. Now what next?

2 Likes

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by Seun(m): 1:12am On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Please no one should pay attention to this shocked shocked

What kind of repugnant assumptions are these

Monotheism started with urreligion which was monotheistic in nature and it was the first form of religion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urreligion

Judaism has made it clear anthropomorphic characteristics were given to God - God is not a person .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_god#Judaism

Here is a thread explaining that God is not limited to religion

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion
I'm amazed by the confidence of your nonsensical response to my post. Nothing you have posted actually has anything to do with anything!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 1:15am On Dec 29, 2016
Whenever I see stupid and insensible posts like this, the only thing I'm able to say is "We shall meet on the judgment day. We shall know the truth from the lie. Had I know will fill the lips of the ignorant". Very soon, ur eye go open and you will know that my God isn't a man that you should toy with. See where your stupid curiosity has led you.
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by baby124: 1:23am On Dec 29, 2016
I believe God exists. Till date we have not been able to prove the scientific theory of creation. Yes we have been able to see animal adaptations. But not natural creation from an organism. If natural selection or scientific theory was true, we would have witnessed the making of several species of man randomly in our environment as we speak. But since the creation of homo sapien, which for scientists is an adaptation of homo erectus and other homo's. We have not seen a new breed of human or animal spontaneously being created. I could be wrong but I have not heard, read or seen it. So the scientific theory which conincidentally is based on logical and apparent truth does not convince me.
Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:23am On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:

I'm baffled by the nonsensicality of your confident response to my post. Nothing you have posted actually has anything to do with anything.

You claimed that Monotheism is a recent phenomenon in human history , that's a lie . The earliest form of religion is called uureligion which is said to be monotheistic in nature

Then I said that Judaism attributes anthropomorphic characteristics to God and It is not regarded as a person . That is , the human emotions like anger , hatred , jealousy etc and descriptions like "finger of God" , "Hand of God" are all due to anthropomorphism . It was all done to make God comprehensible to a human reader of the Hebrew bible .

And you attempted limiting God to religion - "God was born" with some cooked up gibberish you must have stumbled on online . That was the same bullshiit truthman83 was spewing on Nairaland .

The real story is found in reformjudaism.org

1 Like

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:35am On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The four arguments for the existence of God

1. The Cosmological Argument

2. The Moral argument

3. The Teleological Argument

4. Ontological Argument

With these , it can be deduced beyond doubt that God exists .

Ps: Infinite regress does not explain anything and its the atheist's resort when a logical necessity which is the First Cause eludes him .

It is absolutely logical that something Self existent (God) caused other things to exist . It also been proven the universe is one big effect and not a cause .

Seun , how about responding to these four arguments . I'm sure you are aware of them than always trying to limit God to religion because it enables you to attack or assume God as false.

On Twitter , I don't even focus on the bible or religion . Its strictly based on these four arguments .

1 Like

Re: My Idea On Who Created God by dalaman: 1:46am On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is false and here is the real story :

http://www.reformjudaism.org/exodus-not-fiction

I found this link very interesting. Even from the link it cam be seen that most of what we have been saying about the bible is true. So the exodus story that appears inside the bible was written 400 years apart from very different sources . The person clearly admitted that part of the story was just made up. He claims the biblical number of 600k men is not true or historical. That is why I love the Jews they don't tell lies like christians. Rabbi Boteach also said that the creation stories in Genesis 1 and 2 are 200 years apart. The story in Genesis 2 was written 200 years before the story in Genesis one. Some American christian apologist that doesn't know a word in Hebrew and knows nothing about Hebrew history will publish books telling you that Moses wrote genesis and the Exodus. I disagree with a lot of what the guy wrote but I found the interview very interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sam Adeyemi To Older Generation: Get Nigeria To Work, Youths Won’t Keep Silent / The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: / BAKONGO (BANTU) People Are Israelites of The Southern Kingdom Of YAHUNDE (JUDAH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.