Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,639 members, 7,865,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:56 PM

It Could Happen To You! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It Could Happen To You! (663 Views)

21 Embarrassing Things That Happen To Girls With Big Boobs / Can You Allow This To Happen To Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend?(pics) / What Will Actually Happen To Some Peeps After Val. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Could Happen To You! by tpm(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
How painful can one feel, to wake up every morning only to be frustrated by the thought of having no legitimate father even as an adult? A lot of people in our society today (both adult & children) suffer this terrible pain in silence, never wishing to talk about it under any circumstance. I have never taught about it too, until my dear friend visited me recently with his head swollen up in confusion. He had fallen deeply in love with a girl whom at her late 20’s had become well educated and successful. They have dated for close to two years now and just at the point my guy was about to begin negotiations for their marriage, the bomb shell blasted. My friend discovered her fiancée has no legitimate father and had kept quiet all along even as a grown lawyer. This left him so confused of what to do. After narrating his ordeal, I advised him to take it easy and work hard with the girl to unravel the misery behind her fatherhood. Consequently, he left with the girl to the village to see the girl’s mother who seems to be the only one to provide the answer to that puzzling question. According to the girl, the woman had ignored her many times she tried to find out why she was going with the maternal surname, until she became tired of asking and decided to take the personality the mother had earlier given to her. After much pressure, the woman opened up to the intending couple. She told her daughter emphatically that it was her late uncle (i.e. the woman’s elder brother) who was her father. And that was why she insisted on her surnamed as her own maiden name. More so, that it was only her and the man who knew about the one night affair and had kept it secrete all these while because of the integrity and image of the old man who happens to be a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. The woman who pleaded with her daughter for forgiveness said she became attracted to his brother because of the love she has for him and which was as a result of her intimacy with the man unlike the rest of her brothers. She said, as the elder brother’s chief steward in the house, she seduced him to sleep with her since she could not afford to surrender her virginity to any other man than the man she loves very much. The man himself who was drunk on the said day of the incident had expressed regret and disappointment in her sister whom he cares for. He secretly saw the girl through all her education even without the girl knowing. Nairalanders, if you are my dear friend, what would you do under the circumstance? Continue or run to the extent your legs can carry you? Your usual enviable suggestions are urgently needed to help someone make a lifetime decision.
Regards.
Re: It Could Happen To You! by whitelexi(m): 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
Ol'boy, this one pass me oh. . .  That girl was the product of an abomination [in some parts], or a Sacrilege [in other parts].

She is human, and deserves a good life because her circumstance is not her fault but does your friend want to get into what he knows nothing of?

Love is a dangerous phenomenon, but love itself can be beautiful without being all-out stupid.

The gods are wise, and the ground is very sandy too grin
Re: It Could Happen To You! by steve49ja(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2009
Hmm.

How is the guy sure it doesnt run in the family?
Are you also saying the lady's mother never got married?
Does she (the lady) have a brother?

This sounds somehow jare, for me I would uhhhm marry or run?? hmm

My future is so important and beautiful that i cant risk having my wife sleep with her brother cos thats an automatic red card.

Honestly? hmm I'll give it a shot, if he loves the girl enough to want to marry her, his love can see him through.

The Ma should have kept shut since she's kept it a secret for 20 something years and not reveal the shameful and annoying news.

Truth hurts sha I respect her all the same for being able to tell it.

So there you go, it all boils down to how well i know the girl and how much love i feel for her.

A wife material? I'll guard her with my life wink.
Re: It Could Happen To You! by mrperfect(m): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
This is really serious , I am still wondering on what to say here.
Re: It Could Happen To You! by njcdrich: 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2009
My advice to the couple to be is to accept the incidence with good faith since the situation cannot be reversed.

However, God must be invited in this situation, the girl (which is a product of abormition) should be rededicated back to God by a strong man of God. So that this course (which is a generational course) can be broken.

And the girl need to accept Jesus accept Jesus as her Lord and personal Saviour as well as the husband to be if they not yet. So that they might become a new creation, "if any man is in Christ Jesus he is a new creation, old things are past away, all things have become new" 2Cor. 5:17.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Still Any Married Men In Nigeria Innocent Of Adultery / Do You Still Take Lifts From Men? / Guys Can Your Female Friends Find Dating Partner For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.