Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Marriage Is Not Important - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Is Not Important (509 Views)

Why Do We Act Like Feelings Are Not Important When Choosing Partners. / She Forgot My Birthday, Not Important To Her ? / He Said, I Was Not Important As A Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Not Important by Beadysworld: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
In life,one of the most important choice you will need to make is who to marry, Yes.

This choice is so important that if you miss it, you will suffer for long, if you get it right, then, you will enjoy forever, so therefore, marry right or be single, that’s the only way to be happy in life in this stressful life of us, because marriage itself is not easy, so with right partner, you get it a bit closer rightfully. .

A bad marriage can affect every other area of your life, finance, Career, family, children, health, relationship, spiritual life, outlook, attitude etc. This subject is so important to the extent that so many married people are hoping to be single again, so as to be able to make the right choice all over again. It has gotten to the point that most couple are now praying for their partners to die, which is wrong, instead of praying for one to die, please, gently walk away.

read more@ http://beadysworld.tv/2016/12/23/marriage-is-not-important/
Re: Marriage Is Not Important by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Marriage is not COMPULSORY.. But marriage is IMPORTANT...
Re: Marriage Is Not Important by bitchcrafts: 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
ikr!
Re: Marriage Is Not Important by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
Beadysworld:

This choice is so important that if you miss it, you will suffer for long, if you get it right, then, you will enjoy forever.
I don't agree with this at all. That marrying the "right" person is an important choice, doesn't make it an indispensable ingredient for escaping suffering. Are you saying that if one marries the right person, he would circumvent suffering forever? You are making an extraordinary claim that overtly implies that getting married to the right person, is the key to enjoyment. This is not true, because you aren't considering the fact that marriage is just a single area of life, among others, and success in it, if this is even attainable, doesn't ultimately lead to the attainment of happiness or escape of suffering in other areas, or in life generally.

Beadysworld:

So therefore, marry right or be single, that’s the only way to be happy in life in this stressful life of us, because marriage itself is not easy, so with right partner, you get it a bit closer rightfully.
Although I also don't agree with this, because like I said above, a successful marriage doesn't guarantee happiness or fulfillment in life, I somehow see the point you are trying to make. But your statement raises a serious question. How does one know the right partner? Does the right partner even exist? Life is a product of a consolidation of random events, influencing and driving our lives in many different directions. Saying that there is a right or wrong spouse, suggests that there is a person specially created for us that meets our exact preferences and is compatible with us and our needs. If this is so, what are the chances that we'd meet that person? Even if we do, what are the chances that we'd be the right person for them? Marriage isn't a singular enterprise. It's not like we are buying a gadget and only our preferences matter. Marriage is a plural enterprise and our preferences, needs and interests have to correspond with that of our partners. So, if this is the case, what's the probability that we'd ever find the right person? The odds are almost non-existent. Believing that there is a right person for you, and organizing your life around this belief, is sort of an idealistic venture, that blindfolds our minds, and prevents it from staring objectively in the face of reality.

(1) (Reply)

Relationship 105; So You Want Control? / Are Women Really Emotionally Stronger Than Men? / Advice Me: I Have Feelings For Her But Don't Know How To Go About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.