Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,167 members, 7,953,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians (16133 Views)

Coronavirus: FG Begins Spraying Of Passengers From Volatile Countries / When In Need Foundation (W.I.N) Gives 3000 People Free Medical Service In Abuja / Good Samaritan Pays N1.2m Hospital Bills For Poor Patients In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Ask4Info: 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
I won't accept any treatment from the Federal Government if it is Reddington Hospital.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by curvilicious: 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
Free medical treatment right

Come next your bills will show up thru hike in duties and taxes

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
When this governmant starts working and stops making noise then we will see results

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by AngelicBeing: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
hmuhammad:
God bless President Muhammad Buhari.

Wailers won't like this. Sweet news this early morning, wailers and Biafrans should stay away from this news because hypertension is real.

Wailers and Biafrans right now....
grin grin grin
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
How do they intend to know the truly poor,
Are their offices going to be mobile cox, the truly poor are not in the cities and they don't have the logistics to operate in most truly poor areas.
Finally hope some truly poor politicians dont hijack this as their reward forvtruly pooring the masses.

God bless the truly poor federal republic of Naija

BVN is a powerful indicator of financial standing. Verification can be done by a special unit in MoF/ CBN called " The Social Entitlements Office" For those who don't have BVN because they aren't banked. This is a great incentive to deepen financial inclusion. T can start with a two day verification but later a text based script can validate if the account holds or has held amounts that qualify or disqualify from entitlement.

I thought this off the top of my head and honestly It is my belief that on issues like this, we can bring up solutions that are better and more robust.

That was our hope for the 35's and below generation. Not party politics and ethnic and tribal chauvinism. There is too much of that on this forum.

Wishing you a prosperous and fruitful new year.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by doctokwus: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ask4Info:
I won't accept any treatment from the Federal Government if it is Reddington Hospital.
Pls why?Can u elaborate further.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2016
freeze001:
Exactly my thoughts! It's d same issue with the 5k per month initiative. What's d criteria for identifying poor and indigent persons? What is d registration process? Now this one, what are the criteria? What is publicity level and have they sufficiently reached d hinterlands and deprived areas to bring this knowledge to them? Have they combed d villages and remote areas to conduct medical tests and pick up those in need of such medical intervention?

At the end of the day, the question remains: How the hell can there be effective planning of any sort without a working database of Nigerian citizens? undecided

I think the word "poor" should be removed since it will be difficult to ascertain who's poor or not
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by ahamonyeka(m): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
Anyways is a welcome development but,GEJ will bounce back in 2019.

In GEJ we believe.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by freeze001(f): 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
asuustrike2009:

I think the word "poor" should be removed since it will be difficult to ascertain who's poor or not

But that's whom they say that are looking for. They call them poor! That's why I'm asking what d criteria is for determining such an amorphous class or group of persons.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by ceasare: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Abudu2000(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by ceasare: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Well said brother until we have a database we are only joking we will never
Move forward as a nation imagine NBS brandishing 193.3 million as our
Population on assumption basis without a census.what stops us from
Having a centralized birth/registry ?
And we say we are planning.....

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lol. This both funny and dumb at the same time. Is this how to create health policy. Just walk into the nearest teaching hospital. This is laughable. Has the FG had the conversation with the teaching hospital as to the feasibility of this program? Is the FG going to fund it? How do you determine who is poor and who is not. What exactly does this program cover? What kind of surgery. The prices of surgery can vary largely. 50k surgery is not the same as 10 million surgery. This is how someone will just sit in his office and say poor people should start going to teaching hospital for surgery without any laid down plan, principle or policy only for the poor patients to reach the hospital and find out this is not feasible then start quarreling with Doctors and nurses that the govt has paid for everything. Even till now 5k for unemployed na missed call. If govt cannot afford 5k how will they afford 500k surgery for poor people (whatever income level that represents). All these our profs sef. They need to upgrade themselves abeg.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by seguno2: 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lies upon lies.
The poor are treated by the Primary health clinics run by the LGAs.
Has Buhari given the free lunch to school children?
No.
Has Buhari given the N5,000 to unemployed people?
No.
How can a man of zero integrity claim to be fighting corruption?
Only zombies can believe such lies.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
freeze001:

But that's whom they say that are looking for. They call them poor! That's why I'm asking what d criteria is for determining such an amorphous class or group of persons.
Well the problem lies with statical records. We ought to have population census this year but the government didn't because according to them no enough fund.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
ceasare:

Well said brother until we have a database we are only joking we will never
Move forward as a nation imagine NBS brandishing 193.3 million as our
Population on assumption basis without a census.what stops us from
Having a centralized birth/registry ?
And we say we are planning.....
Where NBS got those records still surprises me. Perhaps they relied on NCC records which can be faulted because a lot of Nigerians uses more three sim cards.So what the government should do is to conduct population census but it shouldn't be a yardstick for allocation of resources since we're not yet mature .Am very optimistic if a census is done provided it wouldn't be use as a yardstick for revenue allocation, we will see the true picture of Nigeria's population
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2016
greenpasture:

BVN is a powerful indicator of financial standing. Verification can be done by a special unit in MoF/ CBN called " The Social Entitlements Office" For those who don't have BVN because they aren't banked. This is a great incentive to deepen financial inclusion. T can start with a two day verification but later a text based script can validate if the account holds or has held amounts that qualify or disqualify from entitlement.

I thought this off the top of my head and honestly It is my belief that on issues like this, we can bring up solutions that are better and more robust.

That was our hope for the 35's and below generation. Not party politics and ethnic and tribal chauvinism. There is too much of that on this forum.

Wishing you a prosperous and fruitful new year.

Good thinking
Great product.
I hope this gets to the relevant people, its part of the jigsaw, hopefully other pieces will fall into place too.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by alizma: 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
I HAVE NEVER REGRET TREKKING THAT LONG DISTANCE TO VOTE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Good thinking
Great product.
I hope this gets to the relevant people, its part of the jigsaw, hopefully other pieces will fall into place too.

Amen. Thanks.
Problems are opportunities; the bigger the better. It's the way to go.

Have a most prosperous new year!

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by corruptst(m): 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lies
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by mcquin(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
corruptst:
Lies
Its ongoing in UBTH. I don't know if other places. Be sure of your fact before you criticise. Infact there has been various adverts on ITV radio concerning this.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by ceasare: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Where NBS got those records still surprises me. Perhaps they relied on NCC records which can be faulted because a lot of Nigerians uses more three sim cards.So what the government should do is to conduct population census but it shouldn't be a yardstick for allocation of resources since we're not yet mature .Am very optimistic if a census is done provided it wouldn't be use as a yardstick for revenue allocation, we will see the true picture of Nigeria's population

They should first start with setting up a database to keep tab on
Birth/death daily across nation,then monthly and we can then move
From there.....d census of a thing is still an organize,overpriced scam!
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Ask4Info: 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
doctokwus:

Pls why?Can u elaborate further.

Na Olowo Hospital now. Abi na General hospital dem wan carry me go?
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by victorazy(m): 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
Let the free medicals start from IDP camps first.

Lie lie government.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
Handsomecole:
Nice one Mr President!
#OrjiUzorKalu2019
what OU gini?

Nawa ooo for clueless nigerian youths

Ystday Atiku 2019

Today OUK 2019

Moro Dasuki 2019

I now see the genesis of our problem
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by victorazy(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
mcquin:
Its ongoing in UBTH. I don't know if other places. Be sure of your fact before you criticise. Infact there has been various adverts on ITV radio concerning this.

They would have started from IDP camps where is highly needed not UBTH. LIE!!!! Wayo gov
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by amagugm: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2016
just hear him, "you must be poor". Haven't buhari and this administration made Nigerians poor. If not for MMM most people for see wii. They should better print millions of Certificate of Poverty not only for the few thousands they are talking about. Nonsense
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by LANDOS4RE4: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
dosulanre@gmail.com
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by LANDOS4RE4: 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
nice to hear this.
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
It means 90% of the country has free health care going forward. undecided
Re: FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians by FmO4(m): 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2016
EmekaBlue:
We know how it works...Very special cases...not every poor man surgery...Let's not over hype it

Pls,what is our problem in this country?must u condemn a leader?anyway, #istandwithnigeria#

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns / New Study Confirms Microplastics Harm Reproductive Health, Cause Severe Toxicity / Third case of Coronavirus confirmed in South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.