Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin (8763 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Kc0022000(m): 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2009
nas 00:

If what i'm hearing is true,
'Obagoal' should go learn from Baba Yekini's experience because by the time he runs down completely, im own go worse pass vulcanizer or fuji musician.
I hope he learnt some trade, like Yekini, b4 venturing into footie. grin grin

Pls tell me about Yekini, what is he doing now and where in Nigeria grin
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by axeman85(m): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2009
mechangeid:

Martins is from Nigeria i think he knows what he is doing,i have some friends abroad who also do the same,OPERATING SECREAT ACCOUNT and leave PUBLIC account EMPTY,this dude is hidding his money somewhere,its impossible to spend 65k pounds in 3days expecially in uk.So leave the dude alone he knows what he is doing

who told you it is impossible to spend £65k in 3days ?

i can very well infor you that footballers spend even more than that in just one day on a night out in london, with limos, champagne that cost more than £3k at a pop. so just hope he is doing something important with his money and not just using it to enjoy life.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by redsun(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2009
More money more problems,more fire spitting bitches,more taste,more blings,more gambling and more vices,before he knows it money is gone

Come easy,go easy.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by nguage(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2009
Don't listen to this Chris Nathaniel guy EVER. He used Martins when his little consortium wanted to buy Newcastle. And now that things are done, he wants to spoil the poor boy's image.

“I was busy playing football and did not go to them and ask for my money [owed to me by Newcastle.]”

[Obafemi Martins] said Chris Nathaniel, director of NVA, then came into his life and said he would get the money for him.

See the way Chris Nathaniel crawled into the Obafemi's life like a typical devil. Pretending like a friend when all he wanted was to line his own pocket up.

This man is also the guy indirectly ruining Nigerian football, he is Amodu's negotiator and image maker.

How do you ask a man for $420,000 right after his mother's death?
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by shesi(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2009
maybe he's withdrawing the money and sending it to nigeria to build property or do business or something? or maybe he's investing it in another account?

that he takes his salary out of his checking account really doesn't mean much. there are several reasons he could be doing that.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by MustardInc: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2009
hahahaha wasn't it the same Chris Nathaniel that wanted to buy NewCastle Utd? [or was he just a mediator?]

Martins, I know where your money is going o

SHINE YOUR EYES - well well

Remember the son of whom you are!
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by bawomolo(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2009
are bash ali and yekini truly broke?
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by tboyjnr(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2009
meh, who is believing this Bogus story, what bank would give you that much money every week lol, IN CASH
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by DeepSight(m): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2009
The reported pattern suggests very cleary movement of funds and not necessarily expenditure.

Most likely he is repatriating funds to accounts in Naija.

This only makes sense, if you take a moment to consider his Real Estate in Lagos and Abuja alone.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by FADAKA: 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2009
This story doesn't add up. Sound like one of those Oyibo Say's: WE MADE THEM and WE CAN BRAKE THEM"
Always after people life when it seems you getting Smarter every day. Martings need a good Lawyer money can buy!
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by gamesb: 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2009
martins na wetin u dey use ur money dey do self ? abi u dey Bleep  oyibo ashawo for there .
remember say u get ur pple back home wey u go help.
leave night club & clubbing & focus on ur career so dat one u will become not only a star but super super star of the world.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by init4dmoni(m): 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2009
wierdo!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by deor03(m): 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2009
bettes:

I think what the poster meant was at the rate he's going he might barely be able to pay for even a place in ikorodu.

Good Thinking !!.

You said it all
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by davidif: 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2009
The guy was probably supporting everybody in his family. Africans always feel that they have to take care of there entire extended family.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by reindeer: 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2009
What would you do with 75k pounds in a week, apart from buying properties?
Really dont know, maybe cos i can only imagine such cash in one place sha!
spend 75k not just once but everyweek?
doesnt ring true
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by hbrednic: 11:48pm On Nov 21, 2009
live like there is no 2morrow.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by ladej(m): 2:17am On Nov 22, 2009
deor03:

Good Thinking !!.

You said it all

Guys dont believe every allegation and report by the media. lets wait fo the courts to run their course. how he spends his money is his business. he worked incredibly hard for it. if he wants to piss it way he is allowed. at east its not stolen money.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by spoilt(f): 3:03am On Nov 22, 2009
Why are people shouting abouting withdrawing 40,000 pounds in cash? The rules that apply to mere mortals like us do not apply to celebs. Besides they are private bank clients. They dont do your usual branch runs. In my bank we employees cant even pull up their accounts to view their balances. (trust me i've tried to find Donald Trump's account!) grin grin. Their banks are just glad to have them as clients and cater to their every whims. They make a lot of dough and when they want to spend it, you cannot stop them.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Outstrip(f): 5:13am On Nov 22, 2009
This is why I never feel sorry for these celebrities (money miss roads) when they get broke. Mike Tyson made over $250,000,000 through out his career and now he is broke. Even if he had blown $50,000,000 on whatever and put the rest in a safe interest yielding only vehicle with 5% interest he still could have made $1,000,000 from interest alone every year. So I am sorry but if this idiot goes broke I will laugh out loud
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by princekevo(m): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2009
cock and bull story. How can we believe this?
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by moreshow(m): 8:41am On Nov 22, 2009
Nigerians and their ever exorbitant lifestyle and quest of big boy life. I tire for the boy self - OPPORTUNIST
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by paddylo1(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2009
Nigerians and their ever exorbitant lifestyle and quest of big boy life. I tire for the boy self - OPPORTUNIST

your statement doesnt make sense,how is he an opportunist

everyone has bis lifestyle,ever seen donald trump or lil wayne blinging?

the martins dude should calm down if its true,but also know that its his dough so he can do as he pleases

what if he dies 2morrow with $1million in the bank,then what?
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by MUZBO(m): 10:02am On Nov 22, 2009
Soooooooo?!!. I mean wtf? I earn 750 naira a month and I'm still rich! Maybe na me dey job Martins sef.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by jamifa(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2009
It is absolutely not true. No naija man, no matter how much he earns will spend dat amount of money in a few days. I agree with what someone posted. He is keeping the monies in another account, at least I hope for his sake. The tax rates in Europe are extremely high and certain players cannot imagine giving so much of it away to the tax man. But that also will lead him to problems in the future assuming, indeed that, this is the case with Mr Martins too. However, footballers can also have a terrible way with money, which often leaves them broke. The bottom line however is, he is a grown man and has lived in Europe for long and know how things are done there. Good luck Oba.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by fyneguy: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2009
MUZBO:

Soooooooo?!!. I mean wtf? I earn 750 naira a month and I'm still rich! Maybe na me dey job Martins sef.

N750 per month?

N2.50 per day. Na wa o
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by redsun(m): 11:13am On Nov 22, 2009
Money is for spending but never stop spending,because if you do,you will drop dead.You got to always maintain financial independence,it doesn't matter at what stage or level but be your own self at all time.

It is better to give than to be given.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by AmaG2(m): 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2009
martins na stupid boy
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by ochukoccna: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2009
[size=16pt]This story is stale men! The time frame was when he was still playing for Newcastle. I agree his lifestyle was ostentatious -just like so many rich and famous sportsmen and celebrities [remember Mike Tyson?]- but hey, it's his life and his money of which no 1 on NL got a dime. As I said, the story is stale as it comes from his time while @ Newcastle.[/size]
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by MUZBO(m): 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2009
fyneguy:

N750 per month?

N2.50 per day. Na wa o
Guy, I just dey joke na. I only wanted to say what you earn doesn't determine where it goes.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by centrica: 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2009
Haba i don't believe this cock and bull story, when he is not mad, how will he be spending money like that, my friend find out very well this guy has alot of investment which i know in uk, do not be carry away with his weekly statement of account, oh boy this guy is wiser than that.
Don't you know that alot of people have secret account or investment, which is only known to their close pal.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by yme1(f): 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2009
it is his money
his life
so let him live it the way he wants to undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odunayo Adekuoroye Qualifies For 2020 Olympics, Fights For Bronze Medal / Super Eagles Vs Angola (0 - 0) On January 11 2012 / Judge Furious As Pinnick, Dikko, Other NFF Officials Shun Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.