Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Hell Exists Because God Loves You - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Exists Because God Loves You (17204 Views)

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Kola Nut Prayer: Effective Ritual You Never Know That Exists / Atheists!!! God Loves You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 03, 2017
LiberaDeus:

Stop fooling yourself , your thread was never closed.

This is a clear case of contradiction in the bible.
The writer of acts of the apostles is the same writer of the gospel of Luke.
The Johannine gospel was a later addition by the end of the 1st century AD that's why many church fathers had issues with it.

What you are saying from a Christian perspective and even from a logical perspective makes sense , your god should forgive first before man can confirm, its clear that it makes sense .

But the also clear fact is staring you in the face that another gospel contradicting the synoptic gospels was created and was widely accepted. In the gospel of John it was clearly stated that if you withhold forgiveness it is withheld and if you forgive it is forgiven. This is a clear contradiction to what Christian theology taught.

Can't you Christians open your eyes and see that this contradiction negates the fact that the writing and compilation of your holy book shows that it isn't perfect in any way and can never be the word of any god.

Little man you are not a Christian so you lack the wherewithal to even come close to understanding the scriptures. You all wish that the scriptures were contradictory but they are not. The very scripture you are so fixated on is what i have broken down and reassembled and shown you how clear it is based on the order with which Jesus spoke when he first said AS MY FATHER SENT ME SO SEND I YOU.

If you and your ilk fail to see the truth right in front of you then all of you should take numbers for deliverance one by one. So what number do you wish to take? 2 or 7?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by truthislight: 12:27am On Jan 03, 2017
PastorAIO:

No he didn't! Haba!!

Where did you even see divine in the passage?

Lol. When wisdom is given someone from above, then it is certainly Devine.

Lol. it is supposed to be so obvious that I don't have to see it in the passage.

Lol.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 03, 2017
truthislight:

1. My own translation says "Fore Fathers fell asleep".

That you want the so called Fathers to be Christ disciples that just died then is your choice.

2. The apostles of Christ are reposited with the responsibility to teach the congregations. Paul was an Apostle hence has every right to teach and was a teacher.

3. Am not an Apostle of Christ and am not a repository of that mandate to feed all Christians as Christ Apostles were.

Like I had said before, and am saying it again, it is your words against that of Peter.

It doesn't make any difference whether you want to deny Peter as the writer or not.

mine was to show you the reason for my faith.

I red very clearly what Peter said regarding the writing of Paul and the wisdom that was given him.

Am very Ok with what the scriptures says as in what Peter said.

Thank you though.

The guy wants to force the scripture to mean what he wants...lmao cheesy cheesy

He doesnt even know that when that scripture in 2nd Peter speaks of scoffers it was referring to people like him. People whom God foreknew and by divine inspiration mentioned them long before they began doing exactly what was spoken about.

Invite him for deliverance. He needs it grin grin
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 03, 2017
By the way PastorAIO and LiberaDeus if you have cable why not turn it to History Chanel 186 right now and watch this very interesting historical documentary about the Bible called THE BIBLE RULES!

Go ahead grin grin grin
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by truthislight: 12:36am On Jan 03, 2017
PastorAIO:

The following is from Hamlet, a play by William Shakespeare in which he puts into the mouth of a character called Polonius these words of advice. Polonius is talking to his son Laertes who is travelling abroad. What he tells him is also applicable to all young men who travel abroad till this day.

Look thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue, 545
Nor any unproportion'd thought his act.
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar:
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them unto thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment 550
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel; but being in,
Bear't that th' opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thine ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment. 555
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,
And they in France of the best rank and station
Are most select and generous, chief in that. 560
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all- to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day, 565
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell.

In case you are having difficulty with the english it can be translated as this:

Watch your character. it's not everything you think that you must say.
It is not everything you think you must act on.
Be friendly with everyone but not common. Those good friends you make
Hold them tight. But it is not every acquaintance that you'll become buddies with.
Try not to get into any fights, but once you find yourself in a fight, make such
an example of the person that no one will want to fight you again.

Listen to advice from everybody, but, you, advice only a few.
Cut your coat according to your size. Don't be flashy in clothes.
People will judge you by your clothes. Especially french people.
Don't borrow money and don't lend. borrowed money often disappears
along with the friehdship.
Be true to yourself.

There is nothing divine inspiration here. This is just the common sense acquired with age. Yet it is applicable till today.

Se you get my meaning.

Paul's advise may be useful but that doesn't make it of divine authority.

It is your words against that of Peter's.

The words of Shakespeare are not contained in the Writings of the Apostles to followers of Christ hence is not obligatory to me as a Christian.

Shakespeare's writing may be obligatory to play write and broad way cast, but not Christians.

You see, it makes more sense why Christians writing is for Christians and play write Writings are for play writes.

So, let Christians follow the Writings of Christ followers. Paul was a follower of Christ? No?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:
By the way PastorAIO and LiberaDeus if you have cable why not turn it to History Chanel 186 right now and watch this very interesting historical documentary about the Bible called THE BIBLE RULES!

Go ahead grin grin grin

Is the bible inerrant ?

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by LiberaDeus: 8:03am On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

Little man you are not a Christian so you lack the wherewithal to even come close to understanding the scriptures. You all wish that the scriptures were contradictory but they are not. The very scripture you are so fixated on is what i have broken down and reassembled and shown you how clear it is based on the order with which Jesus spoke when he first said AS MY FATHER SENT ME SO SEND I YOU.

If you and your ilk fail to see the truth right in front of you then all of you should take numbers for deliverance one by one. So what number do you wish to take? 2 or 7?

Well if you don't show your ungodly unchristlike behaviour then you haven't started, you must just insult someone to get your point across. Someone like you feels so assured of making heaven with your attitude. I just laugh.

As for the bible not being contradictory, I don't even have to get to Genesis chapter 3 to notice that there are 2 different creation stories. There are over 1000 contradictions in your little holy book.

But you can convince yourself that its perfect that's your choice.

3 Likes

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 03, 2017
LiberaDeus:

Well if you don't show your ungodly unchristlike behaviour then you haven't started, you must just insult someone to get your point across. Someone like you feels so assured of making heaven with your attitude. I just laugh.

As for the bible not being contradictory, I don't even have to get to Genesis chapter 3 to notice that there are 2 different creation stories. There are over 1000 contradictions in your little holy book.

But you can convince yourself that its perfect that's your choice.

When i called you little man did you consider that an insult? grin grin grin grin

If you did then sorry for you! Or is it the part where i said you need deliverance that irks you? Again sorry for you.

If you had watched the historical documentary i recommended for you yesterday you would have seen how credible Historians from various countries and with amazing academic qualifications took on a step by step look at what you call Bible contradictions and how they used Archaeology, History, Community, Traditions and Ancient Israel beliefs and Gods word to prove the Bible is not contradictory.

They are on cable and being viewed by millions last night of which i was in the number and you are on NL fuming contradiction everywhere! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who you affect? Who you epp? grin grin

By the way Liberadeus do you believe Heaven exists?
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2017
frosbel2:

Is the bible inerrant ?

I not only KNOW its inerrant i also KNOW its a sure guide to a glorious life and a perfect life with God. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of the Bible depending on which side of the divide they stand but as for me i have gone through the Bible with a fine tooth comb over 7 times in my 20+ years walk with God and each time i bless God for making it so complete.

If its not complete for you or if its difficult for you to soak up hence your errant tag on it. Then allow me to offer you a cup of coffee while you sit in YOUR world of confabulation
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by drnoel: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2017
frosbel2:
Hell is a sign of God's LOVE for you , in fact he LOVES you so deeply that he is going to burn you forever if you do not LOVE him back.

God wants you to LOVE him perfectly because he LOVED you first , and if you spurn this LOVE or refuse to LOVE him back , you will be plunged into the bottomless abyss in an instant, burning with brimstone for all of eternity.

You see , your soul is so precious to God that he is determined to punish you for all eternity for losing it by a sinful and wicked lifestyle. Don't worry, when you are burning in eternal agony, embraced by the flames of his wrath and consumed by the worm that dies not, you can be comforted in knowing that it is all because God LOVES you :-)

Without HELL there cannot be God's LOVE because after all, how can God LOVE his creatures without the threat of eternal torture , this is the only way he can keep you in line with his LOVE and make you appreciate what he has done to save you from this terrible place.

God is LOVE, remember ? Oh yes, you cannot afford to forget for if you do , hell awaits you for eternity.

Hell is real and God is LOVE.

Yes hell exists and it goes now by another name Nigeria

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by LiberaDeus: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

When i called you little man did you consider that an insult? grin grin grin grin

If you did then sorry for you! Or is it the part where i said you need deliverance that irks you? Again sorry for you.

If you had watched the historical documentary i recommended for you yesterday you would have seen how credible Historians from various countries and with amazing academic qualifications took on a step by step look at what you call Bible contradictions and how they used Archaeology, History, Community, Traditions and Ancient Israel beliefs and Gods word to prove the Bible is not contradictory.

They are on cable and being viewed by millions last night of which i was in the number and you are on NL fuming contradiction everywhere! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who you affect? Who you epp? grin grin

By the way Liberadeus do you believe Heaven exists?
cheesy

I don't believe your bible is the written or inspired word of god so I don't believe in the biblical concepts of heaven and hell.
I know some of the historical claims in the bible and places are real but that's just it.

2 Likes

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

I not only KNOW its inerrant i also KNOW its a sure guide to a glorious life and a perfect life with God. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of the Bible depending on which side of the divide they stand but as for me i have gone through the Bible with a fine tooth comb over 7 times in my 20+ years walk with God and each time i bless God for making it so complete.

If its not complete for you or if its difficult for you to soak up hence your errant tag on it. Then allow me to offer you a cup of coffee while you sit in YOUR world of confabulation

Okay, before I proceed to explain what I mean by inerrant , can you kindly confirm which scriptures Apostle Paul was referring to when he made the following comment :
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness "- 2 Timothy 3:16
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2017
LiberaDeus:

I don't believe your bible is the written or inspired word of god so I don't believe in the biblical concepts of heaven and hell.
I know some of the historical claims in the bible and places are real but that's just it.

Yet you used heaven to address me since you felt i insulted you. Isnt life ironic grin grin

Anyway whatever rocks your boat.....Enjoy your life
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by truthislight: 11:24am On Jan 03, 2017
frosbel2:

Okay, before I proceed to explain what I mean by inerrant , can you kindly confirm which scriptures Apostle Paul was referring to when he made the following comment :
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness "- 2 Timothy 3:16

The Bible writers that makes up the 66 books are All Jews/Israelites cause Salvation originate with the Jews.

Some parts of the Bible is made up of history, like Chronicles, Acts of the Apostles, history of the life of Jesus.

Those are not necessarily a teaching by the writers though its contents contained lessons to learn from.

like the history of the life of Jesus by many writers presented from diverse angles has lots of lessons and instructions.

The parts that has to do with teachings, Yahweh's mouth piece, this were penned down by anointed individuals:

Anointed kings, Prophets, Priests, Judges, Apostles of Christ. All Jews, certified mouth piece. not random people.

Writers of history are all not following the strict criterion of being Yahweh's mouth piece.

That two reported statement seems to vary to you may be as a lack of details on your part or Scribal error.

Most of the Writings of the new testament are quotation from the OT, some are prophecy from OT explained.

Books from gentiles that are not part of the 66 is not my concern.

If someone expect reported history to be inspired, it is the persons cup of weed, but the truth is that they were honest men for they reported history of their nations being defeated severally. even of their own failures.

such honesty is not common among circular writers of history of their own nations. No historian of a nation likes recording the humiliating details of their nations defeat.

Such honesty of Bible writers is uncommon.

With such honesty, perceived discrepancies are mostly due to copyist error.

Most human actions always gets resolved over time. An example being the discovery of the dead Sea scrolls that did marvelous corrections and clarifications.

Every book red by a decernning reader must be red with context.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by LiberaDeus: 11:48am On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

Yet you used heaven to address me since you felt i insulted you. Isnt life ironic grin grin

Anyway whatever rocks your boat.....Enjoy your life

I used heaven because somehow you don't think of the fact that if heaven is real you are clearly not making heaven. You have the belief and motivation to make heaven but you act like any other human being that lacks it. Whatever rocks your own boat.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
LiberaDeus:

I used heaven because somehow you don't think of the fact that if heaven is real you are clearly not making heaven. You have the belief and motivation to make heaven but you act like any other human being that lacks it. Whatever rocks your own boat.

First of all you do not believe in Heaven then you go ahead to give me a tirade on how i may not be a candidate of heaven simply because you say so. cheesy cheesy

I am already in Heaven my little man. My heaven began here on earth the moment i yielded my will and my life to Jesus. Stick to your worldview which is clearly that of someone born to die here and become plant food. grin grin
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by LiberaDeus: 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

First of all you do not believe in Heaven then you go ahead to give me a tirade on how i may not be a candidate of heaven simply because you say so. cheesy cheesy

I am already in Heaven my little man. My heaven began here on earth the moment i yielded my will and my life to Jesus. Stick to your worldview which is clearly that of someone born to die here and become plant food. grin grin

Clap for yourself. I hope it makes you feel better cause its so easy to gain joy from a delusion that can be so easily crafted.

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by ScienceWatch: 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2017
4kings:

Interesting, please read convo between PastorAIO and DoctorAlien, and raise a biblical argument why all animals are clean.
Thanks.
Hi 4KINGS, the biblical argument is simple and must be kept simple. Higher Truth is expressed simply. Examine how Jesus explain complex truths.

Firstly all enlightened people of different religions agree that after the fall of Adam & Eve all humans are born unclean/sinful. Everything else God created remains good/pure.

Jesus solved the atheist/religious confusion about clean/unclean food thousands of years ago. Jesus said " It is not what goes into you that make you impure and therefore separate you from God, but what comes out of you. Your hatred, revenge, lust, unforgiveness, greed.

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Hi 4KINGS, the biblical argument is simple and must be kept simple. Higher Truth is expressed simply. Examine how Jesus explain complex truths.

Firstly all enlightened people of different religions agree that after the fall of Adam & Eve all humans are born unclean/sinful. Everything else God created remains good/pure.

Jesus solved the atheist/religious confusion about clean/unclean food thousands of years ago. Jesus said " It is not what goes into you that make you impure and therefore separate you from God, but what comes out of you. Your hatred, revenge, lust, unforgiveness, greed.

Thanks, for contributing.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 23, 2017
phililp:
dude. does this make sense?
I need to take you to a brain surgeon. My good deeds should begin here.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 23, 2017
Omudia11:
The God obsession is real here. If an inexistent being makes you lose sleep and write epistles about him at 12:02am then I'm sorry for you.

God is inexistent but you troll God and religious people in the religious section which you shouldn't even be in since atheism isn't a religion.

I don't understand why, but I just think someone needs to give you a hot slap.

Now I know - just to reset your brain. You waste your time worshiping an imaginary being, and you want to advise others on how to spend their time?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
HCpaul:

- God so loved the world
- God sacrificed his only and most loveth son (Ones only son will always be his most loveth son).
- God is indirectly mandating his love on humanity and that human being must believe in his dearest son or else, he will do and undo.

It still baffles me whenever I hear a Christian telling me that God wants to save me from perishing in eternal damnation.

My question was that 'perish from what??' please from what exactly?

Is it from the wrath of another Creator or the said God??

Then the Christian sister said 'the said God'.

I told her that she was not serious.

Why will a loving father go to the length of killing his dearest son just to rescue me from the wrath that he consistently replenished.

Saving me from eternal damnation..... The one that he created or the one someone else created?

My deduction is that it's either God does not know how to rescue or he is too supercilious to heed to advice and corrections, and of which i am still rendering to him.

His almightiness doesn't mean that he can't still make a mistake. He should instead heed to correction when he made one.
Just imagine that crazy shiit!!! And people believe it sad
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
luvmijeje:

What can I say.. .... God indeed is a jealous God. He created man for his pleasures. He indeed created heaven and hell and gave man the free will to choose life or death. He who believe in him choose everlasting life. You can't try to understand spiritual things with human intuition...... You will fail.
You're right. You can't try to understand spiritual things with "human" rationality and sanity. Only a LUNATIC, a denizen of the madhouse can understand such "spiritual things".

The moment you dispense with reason and logic, you become a dangerous lunatic.

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I know what No True Scotsman fallacy is.

I was simply tryna point out the fact that most of what you hear these "ex-christians" put forth as what puts them off in Christianity are not even in Christianity in the first place.
As if Christianity is one unified, consistent belief system.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Omudia11: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
You should slap yourself first or use a lagoon.

Point of correction. I worship GOD who I know and believe is alive.

You who don't believe in God but waste precious hours hating, abusing, and cursing the same "imaginary " being and his followers have your sanity to be questioned.
joyContraMundum:
I don't understand why, but I just think someone needs to give you a hot slap.

Now I know - just to reset your brain. You waste your time worshiping an imaginary being, and you want to advise others on how to spend their time?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
Omudia11:
You should slap yourself first or use a lagoon.

Point of correction. I worship GOD who I know and believe is alive.

You who don't believe in God but waste precious hours hating, abusing, and cursing the same "imaginary " being and his followers have your sanity to be questioned.
No, you're sick, and you don't know anything. You're a mental patient who licks Yahweh's invisible ass and still resists therapy. A lunatic can't "correct" anything. Sorry.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Omudia11: 9:09am On Jan 24, 2017
Lol...we gonna see who the sick person really is someday.
Phaeze:
No, you're sick, and you don't know anything. You're a mental patient who licks Yahweh's invisible ass and still resists therapy. A lunatic can't "correct" anything. Sorry.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 24, 2017
Omudia11:
Lol...we gonna see who the sick person really is someday.
If you can't give me carrot, why throw your stick at me? Moro'n. I'm not a 5-year old that you can threaten with your imaginary hell. I'm too Godlike for petty games like this.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Omudia11: 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
You're insulting yourself dear, keep at it.
Phaeze:
If you can't give me carrot, why throw your stick at me? Moro'n. I'm not a 5-year old that you can threaten with your imaginary hell. I'm too Godlike for petty games like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / 'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.