Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

How Much Did You Make? Post It Live - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Make? Post It Live (1668 Views)

How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by damadsuite(m): 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2007
I think it is a wise idea for successful e-commerce and e-business netpreneur to support their dying Nigeria citizens on how they can earn a living online. From my experience, I know living on the internet is very possible and very easy for hard working individuals. Please let all those who have been earning money online post their records live here! We mean real facts,

Too many successful e-people on this forum, but almost no proof and encouragement for Nairalanders. We all need proofs.

Please post your facts
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by shinystar(m): 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2007
I am dying to hear the facts o! I have heard about the possibility but needs to be guided on how to take-off. Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by naijacutee(f): 12:52am On Jan 12, 2007
Last year, I worked with someone based in Nigeria on eBay (legitimately, of course). We worked on a part-time basis, selling stuff on eBay and using a dropshipper to ship the items to the customers so we didn't have to physically hold stock. (Seeing that they were in Nigeria and I was in the UK). I collected the money via Paypal, and they could access view how much was coming in on their computer in Lagos. They could also withdraw funds into my bank account in the UK, whenever I had to pay the supplier, so we wre fully co-operative. Together, we pulled in about £4,000. I know it's a small figure but hey, we're both studying so can't actually go into business full-time smiley
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by stevik: 5:49am On Jan 12, 2007
Could someone tell me aw to make real money on ebay. Stevik
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by damadsuite(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
naijacutee: Thanks for your post. I think my major problem with the post is that it can't really guide Nigerians and the details are not clear and factual. Please post pictural records like payment transaction from ebay or pay-pal for us to see. We need mentors to follow and lead us to the land of e-wealth. Those that are truly making it small time or big time.

Mean no offence. Thanks once more for your post.
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by naijacutee(f): 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2007
You're welcome. However, I cannot post my Paypal account screenshots on this forum. It's up to you to make up your mind on whether to believe me or not. If I have misunderstood the post, sorry, I thought I was contributing in my own little way.
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by kimba(m): 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2007
damadsuite:

I think it is a wise idea for successful e-commerce and e-business netpreneur to support their dying Nigeria citizens on how they can earn a living online. From my experience, I know living on the internet is very possible and very easy for hard working individuals. Please let all those who have been earning money online post their records live here! We mean real facts,

Too many successful e-people on this forum, but almost no proof and encouragement for Nairalanders. We all need proofs.

Please post your facts

You are not a very serious person o. If you are a serious person, you would be asking more serious questions like: " what and what can i do to start-up my online bizness" - rather than asking for proofs of someone else's success.

What will the success records of others do for you? why ask for their bank account screen-shot details, will it give you the business ideas that you need to get yourself started. Instead of you to sit down, take a pen and paper and get yourself into serious brain-storming. You have been informed it is possible to make money online, so what the heck. Rather than looking for bank records, go make your own money first. If you succeed, fine, if not, then forget it.

You talk as if you have some idea you want to practice on some information you hope to gather by whateva pay-pal account screenshots you are looking for.

Hope this wont be another 419 issue

@all - BEWARE!!!
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by skypoint(m): 9:02am On Jan 13, 2007
I believe you naijacutee. I have always been interested in doing business on Ebay but have not been able to locate dropshippers in the UK. I have a sister in the UK but she doesn't seem to understand what dropshipping is all about. She has agreed to do the paypal part of it but I doubt if she will have the time to go about it.
Please could you give me more informations on how to find these dropshippers. If possible I would like to use the same dropshipper you used last year. Or would you like to work with me? I'd love to. Looking forward to you response
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by skypoint(m): 9:13am On Jan 13, 2007
naijacutee:

Last year, I worked with someone based in Nigeria on eBay (legitimately, of course). We worked on a part-time basis, selling stuff on eBay and using a dropshipper to ship the items to the customers so we didn't have to physically hold stock. (Seeing that they were in Nigeria and I was in the UK). I collected the money via Paypal, and they could access view how much was coming in on their computer in Lagos. They could also withdraw funds into my bank account in the UK, whenever I had to pay the supplier, so we wre fully co-operative. Together, we pulled in about £4,000. I know it's a small figure but hey, we're both studying so can't actually go into business full-time smiley

You can email me with nnadichigbo@yahoo.com. I really need your help.
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by damadsuite(m): 10:08am On Jan 13, 2007
Kimba: You missed the point here. This thread was placed up basically to help New comers enter neatly into ebusiness and ecommerce. We are not just asking for screenshot but a more clearer proof that the venture you are telling us is real and you have made money from it. We need to know how the venture works and what has been the outcome. I don't think anybody can do you arm by just seeing your records.

This is one difference between the developed world and the under - developed world. Have you taken your time to observe success stories and sales letter all over the net. They all have records and not a dime have left their account for just telling the people what they made. I don't see any reason why we can't say exactly what we can do online to make money for real and lead others to the opportunity.

I think we all have too many ebusiness ideas and none has really worked. This thread has been up for a while now but not one clear opportunity has been posted up for anybody in this forum to start immediately. People keep saying we need to "crack" our heads. Why crack the nut out of our heads!
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by naijacutee(f): 11:06am On Jan 13, 2007
@ sKypoint. Thanks. However, our dropshipper wasn't based in the UK. He came from Hong Kong because it was more cost-effective to use him. I also doubt, seriously doubt that anyone would be willing to give you their supplier information, just like that. That would be like giving your feeding spoon to someone else. It's simply not wise!

However, to show that I am willing to support  you, I can refer you to a group I know about who are very good. They dropship electronics such as digital cameras, sat nav systems, camcorders, mp3 players, digital photo frames, bluetooth accessories, in car dvd players and in- car monitors, in-car wireless monitors, baby monitors etc.

The best thing about them is that they accept Paypal as well. (Not very many chinese companies do.) So it makes your transactions faster and easier.

However, they only accept verified paypal  payments so scammers, no luck here, sorry.

Also why this is the best option is that I will tell you from experience that if you were paying by your bank,you would first have to wait 3-5 days for your payment to go through, then they send the item to your customers. And this would take another 3-5 days to reach them. By then , your customers must have gotten tired of waiting and dropped you a negative. Once you are starting out on eBay,  as my personal rule, you cannot have more than 3 negatives because

- people stop taking you seriously
- you have competitors with better feedback - why should people buy from you?

Also, if you were to pay by Western Union, because of their charges, a big slice of your net profit will have to go pay for money transfer charges. For example,  here is a real-life scenario which you might not have thought about.
- You check your suppliers wholesale list and find a nice digital camera for £25
- You list it on eBay and it goes for £35 (Wow £10 profit. . . just like that!)
- (Not so fast, my brother) eBay fees :£1.50
- The customer only agreed to buy because you accept Paypal + you are verified = they are quite safe. Therefore, Paypal fees : £1.40
- Ok, supplier has to get his £25 for the camera (lets assume this includes shipping. . .which isn't very often!)
- Western Union charges for transactions under £100 - £7!! - EEK!
- So at the end of the day, profit made - £10 minus £1.50 minus £1.40 minus £7.00 = £0.10p

So that's it. I'll e-mail you the group's contact details. I cannot put it on here for security reasons. . . Afterall, na 'naija' we dey. If anyone wants the details, just e-mail me and I'll send it to you. (Address in profile.) Cheers.
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by damadsuite(m): 11:12am On Jan 13, 2007
naijacutee: Thanks for your understanding and intelligent post. I can perceive you are very interested in helping fellow Nigerians. You are doing a great work.

Peace!
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by Stilettos(f): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2007
hmm Naija
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2007
Stilettos:

hmm Naija
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by Stilettos(f): 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2007
wat now? i am just looking bro. Dont ask me yet . i still dey watch . maybe it will become clearer later, i hope lol
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:38pm On Feb 13, 2007
Well how much dod you make off your investments?
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by Stilettos(f): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2007
me? lol nada! i do not have any investments lol . i am watching the Dons here grin
I am a lowly student you know lol
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by LoverBwoy(m): 4:30pm On Feb 15, 2007
naijacutee
what was the role of your partner in nigeria?
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by gbengaijot(m): 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2007
I am totally sure of what naijacutee is trying to explain. The role of the guy in Nigeria will be more of listing, replying customer questions and tracking biddings online.

I am sure he wont even think of opening the paypal account from Nigeria coz if paypal gets to know, they obviously block the account. I have once experienced it before.
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by adewale78(m): 10:42am On Feb 16, 2007
[color=#006600][/color]
I love when people were saying they made money online but,i made a little money on my site worth between $300-$500 in a month.You will be wondering how?well,it is from affiliate sell. smiley
Re: How Much Did You Make? Post It Live by oliky(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2007
Making money on the internet is not an instant and overnite thing.It is possible to make money online because i make money legally as a nigerian.But the funi thing about us is that we always want to cut corners and get the money fast and in the process miss the key things.Want to know how i make my money online,then visit this place
www,travelvisafreetoday,www,internetadvertisingcenter.net

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money In America? / Fraud Alert / Companies With The Cheapest Pickup And Delivery Service In Lagos ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.