Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

How To Make Money In America? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money In America? (1681 Views)

See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria / I Need Dollars In America / Nigerians In America Let Share Experience Here Must Be 10 Years Or Older Experie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money In America? by Koko11: 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2011
Just moved  to America this year  im trying to think about what  i can do to make money (legally) iv already started sending computers and phones for sale back to naija but im searching for more ideas, this 9 - 5 everyday waka  is not what i plan to do for the rest of my life so i want to make the best use of the opportunity while its here, any contributions are welcome,
Re: How To Make Money In America? by odumchi: 3:48am On Aug 11, 2011
You better run back to Nigeria  grin grin

But on a serious note you can take up a second job, go to school and further your education if you havent already done so, and driving a taxi is also an option.

Other than these, it's hard to make quick money because up to 50 % of what you make can be taken from you through bills (light, water, insurance, heating, rent/mortgage etc).

Good luck.
Re: How To Make Money In America? by Koko11: 4:16am On Aug 11, 2011
Im sorry i didn't explain myself properly, i have a really decent job with plenty or room for career advancement and im very comfortable so the need for a second job or cab driving doesn't arise, after paying all my bills (the ones you mentioned plus car note ) i still have a pretty decent amount to play with . What im trying to figure out is mainly this, what business opportunities are available to a Nigerian based in America seeing that i have access to the two countries , im not trying to start a business in the U.S just trying to figure out what demand i can supply in naija apart from the obvious which i stated in my initial post or something of that nature , how can i improve myself financially, any tips?
Re: How To Make Money In America? by odumchi: 5:08am On Aug 11, 2011
You can always export consumer goods or kitchen products. Besides that, you can always go into the automobile business of importing/selling cars in Nigeria.
Re: How To Make Money In America? by bigfred01: 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2011
you can act as a broker btw ur country and ur new
home. eg export of agro or mineral commodities.
alaba.alfred@gmail.com
Re: How To Make Money In America? by Koko11: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
Car market is saturated in Naija , except im buying on demand it really doesn't make sense to me, and right now i have no demand. But thanks anyway,
Re: How To Make Money In America? by Bowie11(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ koko11 : WE HAVE A PROPOSITION FOR YOU
We are a company incorporated in Nigeria on certificate number RC 174599 who is involved in the supplying/exportation of various Nigerian products and foodstuffs in any quantity under a strict hygenic condition.
We are hereby indicating our intent to have you as our America and Canada source to the African food depots and/or grocery stores whom we will be supplying to.
What you will do is to find the clients and you will be paid an agreed sum for every supply made to your chosen clients.
Our contact: bowiehertzgroup@yahoo.com or 0703-982-2651. Awaiting your responce.
BOWIE HERTZ & CO. LTD
Re: How To Make Money In America? by shaydude11: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
I think you should first focus in the US. To be successful here, you don't need to start something new like Facebook, but be a problem solver. I wet my whistle first in the US and doing really well and about to expand to Nigeria.
Re: How To Make Money In America? by USABizMan(m): 8:14am On Aug 14, 2011
Could you be more specific as to how you are moving the computers and phones? If you are only sending a few here and there then you are missing an opportunity. The big advantage comes when one is able to take advantage of sending the items via container. I am not sure how close you are to an area that has the container option. My real good friend from Lagos and I will usually send a few cars and fill them with laptop, laptop memory, shoes, and other smaller items that can fit securely. The main thing is having someone you trust very well to clear these items for you and take care of the funds once the item sales.
Re: How To Make Money In America? by Koko11: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2011
Sounds good, but i don't have any demand for cars right now and im not willing to tie my cash down in the hope that somebody decides to pick up a car eventually. And as far as the laptops go buying in bulk isn't an issue but who will buy them? Cos with the amount of China and Dubai laptops and phones flooding into the country getting a decent price for the ones i send isn't easy, and were not even going to talk about the ones that boys get with runs money and cc's, but anyway to answer your question i have a guy who does air freight for a decent price and the laptops get to Lagos in a week then i have someone pick em up and get them sold.

(1) (Reply)

Cybercafe In Ibadan, Info Needed / I Need An Assistant To Make Money Online I Have Just 1000 With Me Please / Can You Fund This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.