Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? (43462 Views)

Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? / What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
Med and surgery or any medical course.. I just like helping people with physical difficulties and illness .... Though I'm studying psychology and it's not bad... Started out as a science student.. Flew to commercial, art back to commercial lol... Was a confused fellow in secondary school.. ..due to my commercial o level. I couldn't do any science course so i opted for psychology which is closest to science.. That was how i ended up in psychology...

1 Like

Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by vanhut2020(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
Pharmacy, cos I preferred to be a Pharmacist, but by the time Jamb and Waec are through with you. then you admits to study any available course offered to you.
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Richiest(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
English Language .......Sometimes I wish I could just turn back the hands of time.
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by pennywys(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
Janetessy:
Medicine
many surgeon wish they could have study applied Chemistry
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by DrIkB: 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
uchennaakunne:
Medicine.. But i love the course I'm studying.... Agriculture ☺☺☺
lol, we are in same shoe, tho am studying animal science. I will still want to study Medicine and Surgery

1 Like

Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by ezewealth(m): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
Genea:
I even you oo embarassed... Smiles
I tire for ur English
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
Animal Production. Would have loved to own and live on a large animal farm. kiss
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by iamFaity(f): 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2017
literature Education, instead I read political science. did not have much orientation then literature would have helped me in my writings am a born novelist and portress. political science not a waste though, its an experience.
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by gamyy(m): 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
TeeSeven:
Music!
same here bro...currently studyin accounting

1 Like

Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by ajimotoke(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
Electrical Electronics Engineering...love it like kilode... HAPPY NEW YEAR NAIRALNDERS
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by muller101(m): 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sex education. Op which kind mumu question be this
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Prince202020(m): 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
Medicine and Surgery

1 Like

Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Cityguy: 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Damfostopper:
ur question are for those jamb offered dem a course dey did not want..... cos I av passion for the course im doing.... BTW....

this is 2017....stop asking useless questions
Hahaha....starting new year with talk of regrets! Kwa
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Pamelayoung: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
abham:
Regional Maritime university Ghana.

All the best in your studies.
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Genea(f): 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
ezewealth:

I tire for ur English
lolx, na my phone oooo
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by quickly: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2017
themosthigh:
Religion because if I did, I would have realized on time that religion is fake, there is no God called jehovah and Christianity is as bullshit as a scam can get. I would have not wasted my young life praying and speaking in useless tongue while my mates enjoy their life and have fun to the fullest.
I would not have married my prayer warrior wife who sees demonic plots in everything and live in a fantasy world worst than Harry Potter.
I would have had sex with many of the girls that liked me in school.
I would have taken up a scholarship to study in the USA instead of praying and waiting for directions from an imaginary God.
I would have not given birth to many children that did not get the best in life due to my religiousness because my wife believe birth control is a sin.
I would have treated my mother better before she died and not believe that she was a witch like my wife's pastor told me.
I would have been friends with neibours and not believe that they where cultists out to get us because our pastor said so.
I would have invested my tithe in my self instead of the church.
Now I am old and impotent and I cannot but wish that I never wasted my life in service of an imaginary being.

Nigerians can wait for God to clean their yansh if u give them chance.

Some ppl dont want to use their brain to reason or forecast future problems but will rather wait on God.

Well God might not answer your prayers if u hav all the tools needed
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Bishops10(m): 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
abham:
Regional Maritime university Ghana.
Wana study there....how do I go about it??
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Oxytocin(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2017
mikrizz:
I thought Chemical Engineering And Petroleum Engineering are two different things entirely? angry undecided.So u guys are the ones Making All the figures abi? cry
Chemical and Petroleum engineering is quite different from Petroleum engineering, the former is more diversified, same as we have Petroleum and gas engineering. Some schools refer to them as one though.
At the words in bold, I'm still a student tongue
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by mikrizz: 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
Oxytocin:

Chemical and Petroleum engineering is quite different from Petroleum engineering, the former is more diversified, same as we have Petroleum and gas engineering. Some schools refer to them as one though.
At the words in bold, I'm still a student tongue
what university?
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Dyoungestprince(m): 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
Chants of a frustrated Homo-sapien. #MyForumDropsSoon! #Nairalanders Anticipate!
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by iamcourage(m): 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2017
No regrets at all...in my next life I still want to be a biochemist. ..
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by rhymxkid(m): 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
themosthigh:
Relut wish that I never wasted my life in service of an imaginary being.

There is a reason why you are still living and breathing ,but first you have to acknowledge there is a supreme being that's got everything figured out ....

so repeat after me :

Lord Jesus, I have come to you broken and wasted , regrets and pains fills my heart but I know am alive for a reason ..
I acknowledge you died for me and raised up on the third day to set me free from sin, Lord I ask that you forgive. me and wash my transgressions as white as snow , I commit myself to you once again .. save me !! in Jesus name I pray ...Amen ..

Don't let your present situation define you....because you are a royal sheep and the Lord is your Shepherd Psalm23:1...

1 Like

Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by YTderin(f): 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
Architecture
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Oxytocin(m): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
mikrizz:
what university?
University of Lagos

1 Like

Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 01, 2017
I study veterinary medicine but I prefer human medicine.
if I go back to study it is it a waste of time?
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 01, 2017
I study veterinary medicine but I prefer human medicine.
if I go back to study it is it a waste of time?

Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by professore(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
TashaGirl:
like seriously? I'm beginning to have my doubts too but I want to challenge HIM first
Don't have doubts,there is God,if u get close enough He speaks.
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by arule: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
Mechanical Engineer, so much love d cos
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by whitebeard(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
themosthigh:
Religion because if I did, I would have realized on time that religion is fake, there is no God called jehovah and Christianity is as bullshit as a scam can get. I would have not wasted my young life praying and speaking in useless tongue while my mates enjoy their life and have fun to the fullest.
I would not have married my prayer warrior wife who sees demonic plots in everything and live in a fantasy world worst than Harry Potter.
I would have had sex with many of the girls that liked me in school.
I would have taken up a scholarship to study in the USA instead of praying and waiting for directions from an imaginary God.
I would have not given birth to many children that did not get the best in life due to my religiousness because my wife believe birth control is a sin.
I would have treated my mother better before she died and not believe that she was a witch like my wife's pastor told me.
I would have been friends with neibours and not believe that they where cultists out to get us because our pastor said so.
I would have invested my tithe in my self instead of the church.
Now I am old and impotent and I cannot but wish that I never wasted my life in service of an imaginary being.
boring..!!
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Blessograo(f): 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2017
pxjosh:
I love your dimples doc kiss
Awwwn, thanks dear
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by uso84: 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
mikrizz:
Yes,What course do you wish you had studied while in the University and why?
Law
Re: What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? by Kayceenaz(m): 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
Going through the comments above, I discovered that a good number of persons studied certain courses due to parental persuasion. And that they rue giving in is palpable in their writings. I was almost in their shoes.

Years back, I decided to study Philosophy instead of Law even as the opportunity to do the latter came, having sought for it with zest earlier. I fell deeply in love with Philosophy and our romance was accentuated by my impressive results in the discipline. I had the option of switching to law after first year, with my vice-chancellor's assistance to personally effect that on standby. I was in a big dilemma but after soliciting advice from some lecturers and praying to God for direction, I settled for my darling Philosophy amidst the maternal pressure to do otherwise. I had fun and enjoyed every bit of the educational experience, which culminated in the Almighty God crowning my efforts with excellence as I graduated. Philosophy considerably helped me discern my writing potential, which has earned me commendation from various quarters and even money. Now, the conviction that my destiny revolves around it is so strong. I believe God created me to, among other things, study philosophy. Watch out for Rational Pen, making your reading dreams come true...

Bottom line: Study the course you love, one that is in alignment with your strengths, for your near and far future depends on it. Resist any parental or family pressure. For those who are victims of this obnoxious trend and are wallowing in the self-repetition of "Had I known,'' gift your children or wards the room to choose. Guide them. Do not decide for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Professor AAA Atayero And Olga Atayero, His Wife Vacation Pictures / Video Of Nigerian Prof. Austin Nwagbara That Made Ghana Sack Him / Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.