Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Open Heavens Devotional 2017 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Devotional 2017 (14515 Views)

Open Heavens Devotional For 10th Feb. Topic — Now That You Are Saved IV / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / RCCG Prohibits Unauthorised Publishing Of Its Open Heavens Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:26am On May 29, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 29th May, 2017.
BREAD OR CRUMBS?

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS.
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
[Refrain]

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.
[Refrain]

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
[Refrain]

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.
[Refrain]

Memorise
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
- Proverb 30:8.

Read: Proverb 30:7-9.
7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:
8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

What you get from God depends on how contented or dissatisfied you are. While some people ask nothing from the Almighty God who has all things and who can do all things, some others ask for crumbs. Your desire and request go a long way in determining what you get in life. In Matthew 15:21-28, when the woman whose daughter was tormented by demons met the Lord, all she asked for was crumbs:
“And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Matthew 15:27

Even today, after Jesus had said that the children of the Kingdom are meant to eat at God’s table, many of these children still prefer crumbs that fall from the Master’s table (Luke 12:32, Matthew 15:26). Where is your focus: the table or crumbs?

Similarly, there is a correlation between your desire and your trust in God. If you really have faith in God, you will be able to ask big. The Bible says those who know their God shall do exploits (Daniel 11:32). In other words, when you know little or nothing about God, when asked to make a request, you will be afraid of asking for too much, and so you will be confined to asking for so little. However, when you know how inexhaustible the resources of God are, it will stir up courage in your heart to ask for big, great and impossible things. Therefore, if you are asking for a used car, a tiny rented apartment or a job that can barely take you away from starvation, it is very possible that you do not know or trust God enough. In today’s Bible reading, Agur made a very humble request. He asked for neither poverty nor wealth. He feared poverty, lest he might be tempted to steal; and he also feared wealth, lest he deny God. Just enough was what he asked for. Using the children of Israel as a model of God’s plan for your life, you will observe that God took them from the wilderness, where they had Manna that was just enough for each day, to a land flowing with milk and honey, where they had more than enough (Exodus 16:15-19, Deuteronomy 6:10-11, Joshua 5:12). Just enough might mean not having reserves to take care of emergencies. That means, in an emergency, you may be forced to go cap in hand borrowing. Are you asking for little in consideration of others who are also asking God for the same thing? You can never exhaust God’s resources. Ask big and stop limiting yourself!

Action Point:
Ask God for something really big that only He can do for you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 16-17
Jeremiah 38:1-13.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:18am On May 30, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 30th May, 2017.
THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION.

HYMN 11: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS.
1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow

3. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

4. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;

Memorise
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
- Matthew 7:13.

Read: Matthew 7:13-14.
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

God wants to change your life, but beyond this, He wants to change your final destination. Over the ages, many people have had to move from one location to another within the same country. Others have had to relocate to other countries for one reason or the other. However, at the end of the day, irrespective of where we live, we shall all arrive at a final destination. That destination is eternal and cannot be changed after we die. There are two eternal destinations: Heaven and Hell. Whether you believe it or not, you are heading towards one of these. The Bible is very clear on the truth that every sinner is heading to Hell. Psalm 9:17 says,
“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”

If you are still living in sin, Jesus Christ has come to change your eternal destination from hell to heaven. For this change to happen, you have to accept the remedy for sin which He has made available in His Blood. If a person does not achieve this crucial change before death, all other achievements during his or her lifetime will fade into nothingness, and the fellow will be faced with an eternity in Hell.

The shocking truth about this is that God will never force a person to change his or her final destination. He won’t force you to change from the hell-bound broad way to the heaven-bound narrow path. He allows you to make your decision and to live with the eternal consequences hereafter. I was talking to an important personality recently about being born again. He kept arguing with me, and so I told him this: “Sir, it is not something we should quarrel about. It is not compulsory for you to go to heaven. If you prefer to go to hell, it’s your choice.” Then he said, “Why are you begging me to be born again or give my life to Jesus?” I laughed and replied, “Me, begging you? I am not begging you but only sounding a note of warning. If you chose to wind up in Hell, it is your choice.” Some people think that as long as they do not believe in the existence of hell, they cannot go there. Hell is real! Many people are entering into Hell every day, and yet it is not full (Proverb 27:20). If the only feat you can achieve on earth is to avoid hell, it is worth the trouble. Many people were mocking those who preached the gospel of Jesus Christ to them during their life time until they ended up in Hell. Hell is worse than any type of suffering or punishment you know on earth. Do everything possible to avoid it by genuinely giving your life to Christ today.

Action Point:
To make Heaven your final destination, do the following: repent and confess your sins to God; ask Him to cleanse your sins with the Blood of Jesus; invite Jesus into your life and confess Him as your Lord and Saviour and ask God for grace to live for him till you die.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 18-19
Jeremiah 38:14-23.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:43am On May 31, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 31st May, 2017.
WHOSE WILL?

HYMN 14: TAKE MY LIFE.
1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4.Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5.Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6.Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Memorise
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:10

Read: Matthew 6:9-13.
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2.

God is a God of purpose, and He is highly organized. He plans far ahead of His deeds. For instance, Ephesians 1:4 says that long before God laid the foundations of the earth, He had already chosen us to live a holy and blameless life before Him. God knows exactly what He wants and where He is going. God could not have created the world and everything in it without a definite plan or purpose for His creation (Isaiah 45:18). He has a will which is clearly revealed by His word. May God cause you to know His plan for your life and give you the grace to follow it in Jesus’ Name.

From the teaching of Jesus commonly known as “the Lord’s Prayer”, one thing is very clear: only the will of God is done in Heaven where He dwells. No one can violate His will or commandment over there and continue to stay there. He cannot live with rebels; hence, Lucifer and the angels who rebelled against God were thrown out of Heaven (Isaiah 14:12-15). Everyone and everything existing in Heaven conforms to God’s will and plan, and they all make Him happy. How about on earth? Since the fall of man, Satan and his demons have done a lot to cause men to take after rebellious path. For this reason, Jesus Christ came so that we can once again unite with those in Heaven in doing God’s will and pursuing His pleasure. Matthew 6:10 says,
“Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”

Why were you saved? God saved you so that you can join His family in Heaven in doing His will. David had this understanding, and so he said in Psalm 143:10:
“Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.”

You are here on earth to do His will and not to please yourself (Romans 12:2). For this reason, Colossian 1:16 says we were created by Him and for Him. You were created for His purpose. At the end of time, only those who follow God’s will diligently on earth will be translated to continue doing so in Heaven. Whose will are you following? Are you daily doing God’s will or yours?

Prayer Point
Father, teach and grant me grace to do Your will with all of my heart.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Acts 20-21
Jeremiah 38:24-39:10
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:27am On Jun 01, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 1st June, 2017.
BE REFILLED.

HYMN 15: THE COMFORTER HAS COME.
1. Oh, spread the tidings ’round,
Wherever man is found,
Wherever human hearts
And human woes abound;
Let every Christian tongue
Proclaim the joyful sound:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
The Comforter has come,
The Comforter has come!
The Holy Ghost from Heav’n,
The Father’s promise giv’n;
Oh, spread the tidings ’round,
Wherever man is found—
The Comforter has come!

2. The long, long night is past,
The morning breaks at last,
And hushed the dreadful wail
And fury of the blast,
As o’er the golden hills
The day advances fast!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

3. Lo, the great King of kings,
With healing in His wings,
To every captive soul
A full deliv’rance brings;
And through the vacant cells
The song of triumph rings;
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

4. O boundless love divine!
How shall this tongue of mine
To wond’ring mortals tell
The matchless grace divine—
That I, a child of hell,
Should in His image shine!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

5. Sing till the echoes fly
Above the vaulted sky,
And all the saints above
To all below reply,
In strains of endless love,
The song that ne’er will die:
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

Memorise
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
- Ephesians 5:18.

Read: Ephesians 5:17-19.
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

The moment you give your life to Christ, a long drawn out battle for your soul begins. While your spirit would want to begin to exercise control over your soul as it rightfully should, your body would resist it and ask you to go in the opposite direction. To be victorious in this protracted battle, you need to understand your new nature and the life of the Spirit, so that you can easily flow in it. From time to time, people ask me how I was able to grow in the Spirit, but they are never satisfied with the answer l give them. Let me share some of what helped me with you. The moment you become born again, your spirit mari is brought back to life. The fish is born in water and so cannot survive outside its natural habitat - water. John 3:6 says,
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

Therefore, now that your spirit man is born again, you are expected to gravitate towards the things of the spirit if you want to grow. Your new birth is a spiritual experience, and only the things of the Spirit will help you grow.

One way to grow in the Spirit is to repeatedly experience being filled with the Holy Spirit. On the day of Pentecost, after the Holy Spirit descended, the disciples gained their first experience of being filled with the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:4 says,
''And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”

Later on, when they gathered to table a pressing challenge before the Lord, they prayed earnestly, and they experienced the in-filling of the Holy Spirit against Acts 4:31 says
''And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness."

Furthermore, to successfully live the life of the spirit, it is not enough to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. You must pursue a growing, personal relationship with Him and crave for more opportunities to be filled by Him. No wonder Ephesians 5:18 commands us to be filled with the Spirit. Like the disciples, if you want to be filled over and over again, be separate from the things of the flesh, have fellowship with God where you can worship Him in spirit and in truth, attend Church services together with like-minded believers, feast on His word and pray in tongues regularly.

Action Point:
Consistently try to increase the amount of time you spend praying in tongues. Pray in tongues and sing in tongues. This will help your spirit grow.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Acts 22-23
Jeremiah 39:11-40:6

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:45am On Jun 02, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 2nd June, 2017.
BELIEVE AND DOUBT NOT.

HYMN 1: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4.When life’s swift race is run,
Death’s cold work almost done
Be near to me.
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!

Memorise:
And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
Luke 1:20

Read: Luke 1:5-20.

Do you know that God is a person and not a force? Because He is a person, He has emotions. His emotions are manifested in Him being pleased or displeased, happy or grieved, and so on. Those who are wise will seek to do the things that will make God respond to them with a favourable emotion. One way you can upset God is by doubting Him. According to Hebrews 11:6, before approaching God, you must believe that He exists and that He will respond to your call. It is pretty impossible to relate with God without faith. Infact, Romans 14:23b says,
"...for whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

Once you give room to doubt as regards to who God is and what He can do, you have opened the door to sin. How can the One who made the heavens and earth make a promise to you and you will not believe Him? How can the One who brought water out of a rock, and the One who turned a valley of dry, useless bones into a full-bodied army not be trusted (Exodus 17:5-6, Ezekiel 37:1-10)? If He could resurrect a whole army, resurrecting you is simply a walk in the park for Him. lt is a great insult to doubt that God can do what He says He will do. Are you living by faith or in doubt?

God feels personally displeased when we doubt Him. It is a worse situation when His servants who should know Him better, get caught up in the web of unbelief. It is important to know that God responds to your doubts and unbelief. When God sent Angel Gabriel to tell Zacharias that his aged wife would have a baby, he found it difficult to believe because they had both grown old. For the reason of his unbelief, he was struck with dumbness until the prophecy was fulfilled. Are you trusting God for the fruit of the womb but you are now over 40 or even 50 years old? Have you like Zacharias given up on the possibility of having a child? Do not give up on God! Always remember this: if God chooses to give you a baby at the age of 70, He will definitely renew your body and make it able to carry the baby. Your age will definitely not diminish, but your body will be renewed and made younger. Trust Him. At the point when some people already have their miracle quite close to them, they suddenly begin to doubt God and hence destroy the process. Stop doubting God! You can never get anything good from it.

Key Point:
You are either in faith or in doubt but definitely not in both. Where are you?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 24-26
Jeremiah 40:7-41:3.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 11:35am On Jun 03, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 3rd June, 2017.
SCATTER TO INCREASE.

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,

Precious reviving again;
[Refrain]

[Refrain]

Now as on Jesus we call!
[Refrain]

[Refrain]

Memorise
There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
- Proverbs 11:24.

Read: PROVERBS 11:23-25.
23 The desire of the righteous is only good: but the expectation of the wicked is wrath.
24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

John 15:16 says you have been chosen to bear fruits and to sustain these fruits. To bear fruit, you are required to win souls regularly. Newly saved souls are like new born babies that require a lot of care and nourishment in order to grow into adulthood (1 Peter 2:2). To sustain such converts therefore, there is a need for us to keep planting churches. No wonder Genesis 1:28 says that if you are fruitful, you must strive to multiply. Plant a parish and continue planting more. Just repeat the right things you are doing that works. Do not wait to start a church of 2000 people. You can start small churches of about 20-50 people and these will grow into churches of 100, 150 and more. The house fellowship unit can be effectively used in doing this. You can start a house fellowship with just a few people and as it grows, you can split it and have another house fellowship centre. In doing this, you are applying the principle of scattering to multiply. As these grow, you will soon have enough people to start a church parish. How effective is your house fellowship centre? Are you even a member of a house fellowship?

Another area where you can apply the principle of scattering to multiply is in the area of giving. Luke 6:38 says if you give, you shall receive in return. Keep giving and God in His own way will give you your reward. Today's Bible reading reveals that it is possible to scatter but yet increase, whereas you can hold back and remain poor. There is a particular man I know; when he goes anywhere and people get to know he is around, they would gather round and he will fling bundles of money at them; every one of them then scrambles for their share of this money. Someone once asked me why this man does this, and I told him that the devil knows the principle of scattering to increase. lf you go to a witchdoctor for a charm to make you rich, one of the conditions he would likely give you is that you must learn to scatter some of your wealth to the poor. This is a universal principle; so if unbelievers practice it, they will get results. So would believers if they can practice it. Consider the weeds that grow rapidly around us; they multiply so fast because they scatter their seeds through the wind, water and by sticking to so many differem things. In the past, those of us who were Bible study leaders went all out to meet the needs of the gospel by sacrificing our salaries and the little we had. Today, many years after, I see the same people who once lived in a room and parlour now living in their own mansions. Are you ready to pay the price of multiplication through scattering?

ACTION POINT:
When you want to scatter your seeds, start with needy members of your local church.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 27-28
Jeremiah 41:4-18.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by zlent16(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
Read the Open Heavens on our blog.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:24am On Jun 04, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 4th June, 2017.
VULNERABLE?

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY.
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]

4.To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
[Refrain]

Memorise
If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
- Proverbs 24:10.

Read: 2 Samuel 17:1-3.
1 Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Let me now choose out twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue after David this night:
2 And I will come upon him while he is weary and weak handed, and will make him afraid: and all the people that are with him shall flee; and I will smite the king only:
3 And I will bring back all the people unto thee: the man whom thou seekest is as if all returned: so all the people shall be in peace.

''And I will come upon him while he is weary and weak handed, and will make him afraid: and all the people that are with him shall flee; and I will smite the king only:'' 2 Samuel 17:2

The above scripture reveals one of the strategies that our adversary, the devil, uses to get at us: he seeks to attack and strike us when we are weary and weak. No matter how strong you are spiritually, you are still vulnerable, because every human being is limited and weak. Understanding your vulnerability and mitigating it is one of the keys to living a triumphant Christian life. When you feel weak and vulnerable, that is a good time to fast and pray. The truth is, when you are vulnerable, you are at your moment of least resistance to sin. In such moments, just a little pressure can make you fall into sin. However, being vulnerable reminds us that we were made from dust and reveals to us that we greatly need God's help (2 Corinthians 12:9). Indeed, you are most vulnerable when you need help the most and help is nowhere near. It is during such moments that you need to go to God confessing your helplessness and asking for His help lest you fall.

How does one end up in a vulnerable state? Continuous exposure to temptations can gradually weaken your defences. This is why you must avoid every appearance of evil. For example, if alcohol used to be your lord before you were saved, after accepting Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you would be wise to keep away from parties and social outings where alcohol would be served. You would also need to avoid viewing media publications promoting alcohol and sever your links with drinking pals; otherwise, if you continuously frolic around these, you will soon become vulnerable. In addition, repeatedly avoiding or neglecting spiritual tools that can build up your spiritual muscles and defences will definitely make you vulnerable. If you cannot pray, fast, study the Bible, and attend Church services with the brethren on a regular basis, you will soon become vulnerable. Similarly, if you keep bad friends or advisers, or you are a lone ranger who fails to mix, you will definitely become vulnerable. It is difficult to bend and break a broom but very easy to break a single broomstick. Before striking, the devil will usually try to isolate an individual from those who can help him or her resist temptation. This is why you need God to choose true friends for you. Lastly, failure to develop your faith spiritually will leave you vulnerable. Fortify yourself today!

ACTION POINT
Are events separating you from fellow believers as you tilt towards loneliness? Watch it! It could just be another ploy of the devil to isolate and finish you off.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Joshua 1-2
Jeremiah 42:1-17.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:16am On Jun 05, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 5th June, 2017.
DESPERATE?

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR.
1. Through the love of God, our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All will be well;
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched out to shield us,
All will be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Ours is such a full salvation,
All will be well.
Happy when in God confiding,
Fruitful if in Christ abiding,
Holy through the Spirit's guiding,
All will be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All will be well;
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying
In our living, in our dying,
All will be well.

Memorise:
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
- Matthew 11:12.

Read: Mark 2:1-5.
1 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.
2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

While some people encounter God and ask Him for nothing, some others ask for crumbs while some few ask big. Also, while some people are ready to wait until their desires are granted, some others are desperate. Even though God has the ability to do all things, how fast your desires will be granted is often determined by your level of desperation. Desperate people do desperate things to get results, and so, the attitude of their prayer is usually different from that of those who can wait. In our Bible reading for today, when four men brought their friend who was paralysed and bedridden down to Jesus, they did not like what they saw: all the doors and windows were blocked and a big crowd surrounded the house. So what did they do? After studying the situation, these four friends observed that only the roof was free, and an idea struck their minds. They wiggled their way to the roof, tore it open, and lowered their friend into the place where Jesus was. The Lord Jesus Christ had to suspend everything else He was doing to attend to their friend.

How desperate are you to receive your miracle? If you say you are desperate, where are the signs of your desperation? Desperate people break protocol!

They refuse to wait where others would, and try out new measures that others may never think of. Desperate people refuse to be limited by what limits others, and they will do everything possible to get the result they desire.

When God sees desperate faith in action, He is most unlikely to turn it down. In fact, God allows such. Hence, Matthew 11:12 says
"And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."

If you are not desperate, you would be placed at the end of the line. If you are a bit violent, you can end up in the middle of the queue, but if you are truly desperate, you will be moved to the front, irrespective of how long others have waited to get there. Desperate people are persistent. They draw up the attention of other people in their bid to get what they desire. Although desperate people can really be a "nuisance", they don't care about who they inconvenience as long as they get what they want. How desperate are you for divine intervention over your situation? Cry out to God today and let Him hear the desperation in your voice and see it in your actions, and He will surely answer you.

Key Point:
A desperate fellow persistently tables just one request before God and cannot wait to receive a positive response on it.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 3-5
Jeremiah 42:18-43:7.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:08am On Jun 07, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 7th June, 2017.
PLEASE GOD AND NOT SELF.

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER.
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

Memorise
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
- John 4:34.

Read: 2 Timothy 3:1-5.
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

From Matthew 6:10, we understand that man was created to do God's will on earth so that he can ultimately continue doing so when he gets to Heaven. Although God has a plan for everyone He created, He will not force us to do anything against our will, because He created us as free moral agents with the power of choice. After Adam sinned, he lost God's glory and began to pursue a life of self-will (Romans 3:23). This self-will has ultimately led to self-centeredness in mankind. When you study the vices that the Holy Spirit forewarned us will be rife in the last days, you will discover that one common theme summarises them all: selfishness.

In the world of instant gratification and individualism that we live in today, it is either you are God-centred or self-centred. It is either you consider how an event will benefit God's Kingdom or how you will personally benefit from it. If you are a lover of self, it will be difficult for you to really please God. Why? Your service will be plastic and superficial, having no depth in the things of the Kingdom. A self-centred individual cannot make sacrifices for God.
All he or she is interested in is personal convenience, whether in service, worship or giving. lf such a fellow gives a big donation to any kingdom project, you will discover that the motive behind the giving is to have it announced for the sake of his or her ego.

A self-centred fellow lives in rebellion against God. He loves pleasure a lot because it delights him. Samson lived such a selfish life, even as a leader of God's people. He could not be controlled by his parents because selfish people are in charge of their own lives, not God or anyone else. His parents warned him against marrying an unbeliever, but he refused. He went ahead because she satisfied the lust of his eyes and that of his flesh (Judges 14:1-3). Your choices in life must be God-centred. Jesus is our perfect example. While on earth, He was mainly preoccupied with doing His Father's will (John 4:34). Anytime His personal desire clashed with that of His Father, just like it happened at the Garden of Gethsemane, He subordinated His will to God's will (Luke 22:41-42). What kind of life are you living? Are you going about pleasing yourself or making God happy in all that you do?

PRAYER Point
Father, in all that I do, help me always remember to please You and not myself.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 8:9
Jeremiah 44:11-19
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:58am On Jun 09, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 9th June, 2017.
GOD: A WONDER.

HYMN 3: HOW GREAT THOU ART.
1. O lord my God!
When I’m in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds
Thy hands hath made;
I see the stars,
I heard the rolling thunder
Thy pow'r throughout
The universe displayed

Chorus
Then sing my soul,
My Saviour God to thee;
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul!
My Saviour God to thee;
How great Thou art,
How great Thou art!

2. When through the woods
And forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the tress;
When I look down,
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook,
And feel the gentle breeze.
Chorus

3. And when I think
That God, His Son not sparing
Sent him to die,
I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross,
My burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died
To take away my sin.
Chorus

4. When Christ shall come,
With shout of acclamation,
And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow
In humble adoration,
And then proclaim
“My God, how great Thou art!”

Memorise
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Isaiah 57:15.

Read: Isaiah 57:15-16.
15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 12-14 & Jeremiah 45:1-46:12

"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?"
Exodus 15:11

One amazing thing you need to know about our God is that He is a wonder! For example, In 1 John 4:8, the Bible says that God is love, and yet in Hebrews 12:29, the same Bible says this God is a consuming fire! When you hear that God is love, you will think of embracing Him, but just then, you also hear that He is a consuming fire and you freeze, asking yourself if you want to embrace fire! Another wonder of God has to do with His size or form. The Scriptures say God is so big that the heaven and the heavens of heaven cannot contain Him (1 Kings 8:27). It also says that Heaven is His throne and the earth is His footstool, meaning that as He sits in Heaven His legs touch the earth (Isaiah 66:1). Just imagine how great and long those legs are! What of His arms? The Bible says His arms are everlasting and so long that they can reach any distance (Deuteronomy 33:27). When you try to picture how super-massive this God is, then you will begin to wonder how such a God can become small enough to reside inside of you. 1 John 4:4 says,
"Ye are of God little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

God is truly awesome and a wonder we cannot comprehend. As massive as God is, He can still relate with us at our tiny, very little level. As high as He is, He can still reach down to those who are lowly placed or have a heart of humility. In fact, from the height of heights, God is able to see those who are of a humble spirit, and He relates with them while ignoring the proud. Are you like God? Is the position you occupy not distancing you from those who are not as fortunate or as privileged as you are? If you are truly of God, your privileged status will not hinder you from reaching out to those who are impoverished. Recently, the wife of one of the richest men on earth visited an African country and identified with the poorest people there by trekking a good distance to fetch water like the poor women there. She carried a bucket of water on her head and trekked all the way back. She also joined in washing the dishes in a very poor neighbourhood. That is a minute example of what Jesus did by leaving His heavenly throne and becoming a man (Philippians 2:5-cool. Can you leave your throne to reach out to the lowly?

Key Point
lf you have truly encountered Jesus Christ, there is nobody that you cannot relate with.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:20am On Jun 12, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 12th June, 2017.
DON'T BE A PREY!

Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

Memorise
Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
- Proverbs 7:23

Read: Proverbs 7:7-23.

A negative experience many people have had to contend with is captivity. Captivity can mean bondage, slavery, imprisonment, detention or a lack of freedom. Captivity also comes in various forms. It can occur as a consequence of being captured in a battle, like it happened to Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (Daniel 1:1-7). In this particular case, King Nebuchadnezzar invaded the nation of Israel and carried away some of the people into captivity. From that moment, these captives became slaves in a foreign land. Similarly, some people enter into captivity by falling into a trap set by the enemy. For instance, in Judges 16:14-15, the lords of the Philistines used a beautiful woman as bait for Samson. Today, there are several 'hunters' of destiny and life all around, setting all kinds of traps to get their prey. May you never be one of their victims!

One common trap people fall into today is the trap of adultery and fornication. The devil has several agents and means to use as bait, and believe it or not, he catches a lot of prey. He may use beautiful ladies like he did to Samson. Today's Bible reading describes how a prostitute sets a trap and catches her victim. She could use her seductive attire which reveals her curves and exposes sensitive parts of her body. She could also use her sweet flattering words, seductive make-up, perfumes or gait just to get her prey. When he finally yields, she leads him like an ox to the slaughter slab. Proverbs 7:23 says
"Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.”

Anyone being lured or enticed into lust should realise that it can never really be for his or her own good. Today, several female students have become easy prey for sugar daddies and evil Hot lecturers because they erroneously think that they are getting something of value in return. How much can a man pay you to allow him to destroy your destiny or kill you? What score will a lecturer award you in exchange for your life? The victims of lust, immorality and adultery are really trading their precious lives for pittance. Are you in the captivity of adultery, thinking it benefits you because you are getting rapid promotion in your place of work? Don't be deceived! You are truly paying with your life! Repent, come to Jesus and cut off all hunters from your life! Break that relationship if your partner is pressurising you for sex as a basis for friendship. It is not worth it! Ask God to deliver you from every trap of the devil.

Prayer Point:
Father, deliver all our children, teens and youths from sexual immorality.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 20-21
Jeremiah 48:9-27

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:00am On Jun 16, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 16th June, 2017.
EXPERIENCING WONDERS

HYMN 3: HOW GREAT THOU ART.
1. O Lord my God!
When I’m in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds
Thy hands hath made;
I see the stars,
I heard the rolling thunder
Thy pow'r throughout
The universe displayed

Chorus
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God to thee;
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul!
My Saviour God to thee;
How great Thou art,
How great Thou art!

2. When through the woods
And forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the tress;
When I look down,
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook,
And feel the gentle breeze.

3. And when I think
That God, His Son not sparing
Sent him to die,
I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross,
My burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died
To take away my sin.

4. When Christ shall come,
With shout of acclamation,
And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow
In humble adoration,
And then proclaim
“My God, how great Thou art!”

Memorise
Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
- Exodus 15:11.

Read: Daniel 6:21-28.
21 Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
23 Then was the king exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God.
24 And the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel, and they cast them into the den of lions, them, their children, and their wives; and the lions had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or ever they came at the bottom of the den.
25 Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.
26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.
27 He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.
28 So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.

Our God is not only a wonder, He also works wonders! After the Lord performed wonders by parting the Red Sea, Moses and the children of Israel sang a new song to the Lord in Exodus 15:11 saying:
"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?"

Also, after God miraculously delivered Daniel from the Lions' den, King Darius passed a decree that in every domain of his kingdom, this awesome God must be feared and revered. In Daniel 6:27, he said,
"He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.''

The God that King Darius spoke of is still the same today. He is full of wonders. No wonder He is called Wonderful (Isaiah 9:6). Are you in need of a miracle, sign or wonder? Call upon this great God and He will surely deliver you. He can still do great wonders in your life today.

You need to come to terms with the reality that God can perform wonders in your own life. In other words, you too can be a beneficiary of His wonders. It is a known fact that a person can be rich and yet be stingy. Where I come from, when talking to a rich and arrogant man, it is common for people to say, 'Yes, I know you are rich, but you are not the one feeding me.'' In other words, "your wealth is of no benefit to me, so go and perish with your money." God can be a God of wonders who also does wonders, but if He has not done wonders in your own life, His ability may seem like fairy tales to you. In Genesis 18:9-14, He met a 90 year-old woman and said: ''I know you are 90, and I know your monthly cycle stopped several years ago, but you are going to have a son.'' The woman replied, ''I don't believe you!'' God said, ''It doesn't matter whether you believe or not; I am the Wonder-Working God, and I will go ahead to do what I just promised'' A year later, she had her baby. God's wonder-working ability became real to her. Beloved, you are the next candidate to benefit from this Wonderful God! This season, the God of wonders shall show up in your situation and turn things around! You shall experience the reality of His wonderful power. Call on Him today, and He will answer you.

Prayer Point
Father, as You did for Daniel, perform an outstanding miracle in my life that will compel nations of the world to amend their laws in honour of You.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Judges 3-4
Jeremiah 49:28-50:3

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2017
Topic: Lust Pulls Its Victim [Monday 19, June 2017]
Memorise: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. – James 1:14
Read: James 1:12-16 (KJV)
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Bible in One Year: Judges 9, Jeremiah 50:31-43, Hymn: Sing hymn 6
Many people have been taken captive in different ways. Some have become captives of war, while some others have fallen prey to traps set by the enemy. May God deliver us from satanic booby traps! However, you really need to exercise caution if you do not want to fall prey to the devil. Watch those things you take pleasure in because sooner rather than later, they can become the very things the tempter will use in enticing you! Today‘s memory verse tells us that temptations start with us: they emanate from what we secretly or openly long for. Some people nurse some unvoiced thoughts and ideas and do not really care whether those thoughts agree with the standard of
Philippians 4:8. This standard states:
''.... whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ''
For nonchalant Christians, the devil soon sets them up to reveal exactly what is in their heart, and thereafter they are confronted with temptations. An example here is Esau, who loved good food. He loved eating so much that the devil decided to use food to secure the loss of his destiny, and he fell for it. If you secretly admire the opposite sex, the devil will find out about it someday, and before long, you will be battling with sexual lust or some other form of immorality.
Men are drawn by their own lustful thoughts. Lust pulls the one lusting into further sin. Do everything possible to avoid lust because before you know it, it will bring you into the pit of sin. If you lust after money, before long, you will find yourself in a situation where you will be tempted to sell out on your salvation or betray someone who is close to you in exchange for money, like Judas lscariot and Joseph's brothers did. What do you secretly lust after? If you ignore it, you will later regret it by the time the tempter is through with you. This is the time to prayerfully check and cut off any seemingly harmless pull from lust. Where there is a pull, it continues until there is a build-up. When the build-up has become formidable, it will become too difficult to resist its compelling force to sin. Therefore, do everything possible to love only those things that are good, and feed your mind on the word of God. Also, avoid the tendency for a build up by resisting the subtle lure of lust. Prayerfully keep your thoughts in check and closely monitor what you allow into your heart.

Action Point: To prevent sexual sins, covetousness, murders and the likes, stop it at the thought stage. Don't allow it move from thought to lust.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 21st June, 2017.
WHY HUNGER?

*HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS*

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,

Precious reviving again;
[Refrain]

[Refrain]

Now as on Jesus we call!
[Refrain]

[Refrain]

Memorise
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
- Psalm 63:5.

Read: Proverbs 19:23-24.
23 The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
24 A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.

One of our benefits as the sheep of the Great Shepherd is the assurance of provision. If you are a sheep of Jesus, you will definitely be fed and hunger wilI be alien to you. Psalm 37:3 says,
"Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.”

If God has promised that we shall be fed, why then are some of us hungry and even starving today? Several factors are responsible for this, first of which is that some people have erroneously mistaken poverty for righteousness and wealth for sinfulness. Some people have chosen to be poor so as to make Heaven. This is a fallacy! Do you know that so many poor people on earth, after suffering here, end up in Hell, whereas many believing Christians who were rich on earth continue to swim in eternal riches in Heaven? The choice is yours. Do not choose what will destroy but what will deliver you. Abraham was rich on earth, died and continued to live in God's abundance in Heaven. What is your choice? If you are still holding onto such negative beliefs or stereotypes, then you need to have a change of mindset.

Also, some believers are hungry today because they have violated God's financial principles. For instance, if you are not faithfully paying your tithe, you are inviting devourers to drive you into hunger. If you fail to pay your first fruits, you will be giving the enemy legal grounds to contest your job, open doors or breakthrough, and this could lead to hunger. Similarly, when you eat up the seeds you are meant to sow after every provision that comes to you, you will lose the harvest that could keep you from starving tomorrow. Some believers are in hunger as a result of reckless spending. They want to spend everything they have in one day. lf you eat up a month's provision in one week, you may have to spend the remaining weeks in hunger. In addition, some believers do not really trust in God but in the quality of their certificate, wisdom, knowledge and skill. This attitude has resulted in God stepping aside from their affairs in order to make them realise how little they can achieve by their limited strength. Hence, such people have ended up in disappointment and lack. Beyond this, others are in hunger because of laziness, as they have refused to take up opportunities to gather wealth. Lack and poverty may also be as a result of satanic manipulation and control. Are you hungry? Is it caused by your actions or inactions? Arise and put things in order today and turn away from hunger and lack!

Key Point
The child of a billionaire cannot be starving for what to eat. You are the child of the richest person in the universe. You should not lack any good thing.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Judges 12-14
Jeremiah 51:12-26

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 22nd June, 2017.
WHO IS BEHIND THIS ROADBLOCK?

Memorise
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
- Psalm 26:2.

Read: Numbers 22:22-31.
22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.
23 And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.
24 But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.
25 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.
26 And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.
27 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.
28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
31 Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.

"Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him."
Psalm 68:1

The above scripture is one of those very popular passages in the psalms. When a baby Christian hears it, he will say "Amen!". Some adult Christians have even turned it into a song. A mature believer in Christ, I mean a real bone-cracker, will however react differently. When he or she hears this passage being quoted, the first thing he or she will do is to carry out a brief self-examination and introspectively ask: "I hope I am not one of those enemies?" In other words, he is not in a hurry to say amen. In 2 Samuel 12:1-7, after Prophet Nathan told King David the story of an oppressive act committed in his kingdom, the king rose up in fury and decreed, "That fellow must die. "Then the prophet replied, "You are the man, O king". Be very careful how you judge others because Matthew 7:2 says,
"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall bejudged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

If only some people were merciful while judging others, they too would have been shown mercy when they were going through their own judgment.

Beloved, before you cry to God to arise and let His enemies be scattered, first find out if you are not that enemy. Have you even tried to find out whether God is the one fighting you? In today's Bible reading, God had told Prophet Balaam not to go and curse His people. Nevertheless, when Balak invited him to curse the children of Israel and promised him a lot of money, he disobeyed God. God therefore sent an angel to block his way. The donkey he rode on saw the angel and stopped, but because his own eyes were blinded by covetousness, he could not see the angel. What will you do if you find yourself in this scenario? You perceive something is blocking your way but you do not know what exactly it is, and you say, 'You demon standing between me and my destiny, move!'' You get a response saying, "I am not a demon but an angel" You then insist and say, "No problem, whatever you are, move out of my way!'' He then asks, "In whose name?" You say "In the Name of Jesus Christ", and the response is, "Oh, He is the One who asked me to block your way!" What would you do? Today, many people are busy fighting non-existent forces of darkness that they believe are blocking their way. Go back to God and find out who is really blocking your way in order to pray correctly.

Key Point
Many children of God are doing God's work their own way and refusing to do it God's way. God is therefore grinding them to a halt!

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Judges 15-16
Jeremiah 51:27-44

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR.

1. Through the love of God, our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All will be well;
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched out to shield us,
All will be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Ours is such a full salvation,
All will be well.
Happy when in God confiding,
Fruitful if in Christ abiding,
Holy through the Spirit's guiding,
All will be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All will be well;
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying
In our living, in our dying,
All will be well.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:56am On Jun 23, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 23rd June, 2017.
BECOMING A WONDER

HYMN 5: THE GREAT PHYSICIAN

1. The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.

Refrain:
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest Name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

2. Your many sins are all forgiv’n,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heav’n,
And wear a crown with Jesus.
[Refrain]

3. All glory to the dying Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Saviour’s Name,
I love the Name of Jesus.
[Refrain]

4. His Name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh, how my soul delights to hear
The charming Name of Jesus.
[Refrain]

Memorise
Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
Psalm 77:14

Read: Psalm 77:11-15
11 I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
14 Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
15 Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph.

God is a wonder and He does great wonders. I pray that He will perform wonders in your own life, so that you can testify that you have experienced His wonder-working power, in Jesus' Name. Beyond this however, do you know that God can turn you into a wonder? For instance, look at the mad man of Gadara, He was so mad that all hope was lost concerning his recovery; but when Jesus touched his life, he was seen not only in his right senses, but also decently dressed and even evangelising the goodness of the Lord. Many people who saw him were amazed and had their doubts as to whether he was the same person who once terrorised the community (Mark 5:20). He became a wonder! Lazarus, who had been dead for four days, also became a wonder and a tourist attraction after he was raised from the dead. John 12:9 says this about him:
"Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead."

Several years ago, during a particular Holy Ghost Service we held at the National Stadium, Surulere (Lagos), there was a man with a huge growth attached to his neck sitting beside a particular woman. The growth was so huge that it overshadowed his face. While the programme was on, the woman sitting beside him kept peeping at the protruding growth. During the sermon, the word of God came that there was someone in attendance with a huge growth around the neck and that it had gone. On hearing this, the woman sitting next to this man immediately turned to look at him and it was as if the growth suddenly grew wings, flew away and disappeared, This woman was so amazed at this wonder that after the programme was over, she had already trekked from the stadium to Palmgrove, a distance of about 5km, before she remembered that she had left her car parked in the parking lot inside the stadium. When God turns you into a wonder, even sceptics will find it difficult to doubt your testimony because it will be so profound. Also, your life will become a perpetual signpost for God's Name to be glorified. Are you in dire need of a miracle? Beyond that need, ask God to make you a living wonder for the glory of His Name. This season, as the Lord turns you into a wonder, the same mouths that have mocked you and challenged your God will become the instruments for spreading your testimony and for reverencing your God! Worship the Almighty God who alone can make you a wonder.

Prayer Point
Father, today, make me a positive wonder to my generation, so that they can come to know You.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Judges 17-18
Jeremiah 51:45-58

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:30am On Jun 28, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 28th June, 2017.
WHAT KIND OF GROWTH?

Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

Memorise
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
- Ephesians 4:15.

Read: Ephesians 4:10-16.
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists: and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive:
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

If you are a sheep in the fold of the Great Shepherd, you will not lack rest or what to eat. Beyond these, you will not thirst, as He leads you beside the still, calm waters. This is another way of saying that your thirst will be quenched. The Lord in Matthew 5:6 spoke of this when He said:
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."

Hunger and thirst are part of the mechanisms that have been programmed into the human body to produce growth. How you respond to these impulses will determine the quality or type of growth you experience. Prolonged starvation and refusal to eat both lead to death. Similarly, while taking only a particular kind of food, some people experience abnormal growth patterns, due to the absence of the required quantity of nutrients, vitamins, fatty acids, and so on, needed by their body. This is why children who are exclusively fed a diet full of carbohydrates tend to have oversized heads and stomachs, rickety legs and hands – a growth problem known as 'kwashiorkor'. For growth to be even and progressive, all the needs of the body must be provided.

The observed effect of food on physical growth in the natural world also applies to what happens in the spirit. Today, spiritual growth is so distorted in the Body of Christ as a result of the nature of food being fed and the attitude of believers towards spiritual food. There are different stages of growth in the Kingdom of God. 1 Peter 2:2 says baby Christians should be fed with milk, so as to grow normally. Today, you have those who claim to have been saved for 5, 10 or more years still insisting on being fed with milk. lf a 10 year old child still wants to be breastfed, what kind of growth would result from this? Also, there are so many false doctrines being propagated through the airwaves and in churches today. What kind of growth will such doctrines deliver to those who receive them? In addition, a number of those who are being fed the sound, undiluted truth of God's word do not have enough time to receive it. What kind of growth do you think will result from such spiritual eating pattern? When you do not grow as you are expected to, you become a problem to yourself and others around you. How are you growing today? What are you feeding on? How often do you feed on God's word?

Action Point:
Change your spiritual diet and feeding pattern to reflect the desire for healthy spiritual growth.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 1-2
Lamentation 1:13-2:2

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:20am On Jun 29, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 29th June, 2017.
THINK IN THE SPIRIT.

HYMN 15: THE COMFORTER HAS COME.
1. Oh, spread the tidings ’round,
Wherever man is found,
Wherever human hearts
And human woes abound;
Let every Christian tongue
Proclaim the joyful sound:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
The Comforter has come,
The Comforter has come!
The Holy Ghost from Heav’n,
The Father’s promise giv’n;
Oh, spread the tidings ’round,
Wherever man is found—
The Comforter has come!

2. The long, long night is past,
The morning breaks at last,
And hushed the dreadful wail
And fury of the blast,
As o’er the golden hills
The day advances fast!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

3. Lo, the great King of kings,
With healing in His wings,
To every captive soul
A full deliv’rance brings;
And through the vacant cells
The song of triumph rings;
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

4. O boundless love divine!
How shall this tongue of mine
To wond’ring mortals tell
The matchless grace divine—
That I, a child of hell,
Should in His image shine!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

5. Sing till the echoes fly
Above the vaulted sky,
And all the saints above
To all below reply,
In strains of endless love,
The song that ne’er will die:
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

Memorise
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Proverbs 3:6.

Read: Proverbs 3:5-6.
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Life in the Spirit is possible, even though for most believers it is still a struggle (Galatians 5:25). To grow your spirit-man, you need to earnestly seek more opportunities to be refilled with the Holy Spirit after being baptized with Him (Ephesians 5:18-19). To live in the Spirit, you need to think in the Spirit. In our thought life, many of us leave out the Holy Spirit, and this is one of the reasons why we don't go far in our walk with God. Whenever God is left out of an equation, it never balances. This is why today's Bible reading says we should acknowledge Him in all and not some of our ways. It is only then He will direct our paths. Some of us usually announce to God the decisions we have already reached, instead of consulting with Him earlier, so that He can help us arrive at the best decision. What is wrong with God deciding for you? Who decided that you would be born? Were you a part of that decision? Who decided your sex, nation, looks, height, complexion and the parents you would have? If He could decide all these, would it be too much for Him to be involved in the decision-making process of your life? When He is involved in a decision, He will ensure it does not fail. However, if in playing "mature" boy or girl, you leave Him out and your decisions later backfire, you will have only yourself to blame.

When there is an issue on ground and you present the issue to God, asking for His guidance or instruction on how to handle it, He will be pleased that you are giving Him His rightful place in your life. To what extent do you involve God in your personal and family affairs? Do you see Him as an intruder or as a partner? How often do you involve God in your thoughts and plans? If you really want Him to be a part of your thought life, then shun all evil thoughts. Load your mind with His word. Think often on God's word and focus on Jesus. By doing these, it will become easy for you to think in the Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the only Person who can help you see things from God's perspective. This is why 1 Corinthians 2:11 says,
"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God."

When you yield your mind to Him, you will see yourself thinking more like Jesus, and what is important to God will gradually become important to you. When this continues, His likes will become your likes, and you will hate what He hates. There will be an alignment between what He wants and what you want. Start involving God in your thought process from today.

Key Point
The extent to which you involve God in your personal or family affairs shows the extent of your trust in Him.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 3-5
Lamentation 2:3-13

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:22am On Jun 30, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 30th June, 2017.
WONDERFUL PROTECTION.

HYMN 2: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.
1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

2. Have we trials and temptations?
ls there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge-
Do your friends despise, forsake you?
In his arms he'll take and shield you;
You wilt find a solace there.

Memorise
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- Psalm 91:5.

Read: Psalm 91:5-7.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Besides being a God of wonders who does wonders, God can also turn you into a wonder. A young man gave a profound testimony during one of our monthly Holy Ghost Services some years ago. He testified that during a prior Holy Ghost Service, the Lord instructed me to inform the congregants that the clothes they wore to that programme had just been anointed and had therefore become special. Unknown to him, some hired killers had been sent to kill him. Coincidentally, on the day marked for his assassination, he was wearing the very clothes that had been anointed during the Holy Ghost Service. As he passed by the assassins on this fateful day, he heard them say, "This is the fellow", and immediately, they opened fire on him. Six bullets passed through the front of his clothes and came out at the back, but nothing touched him. He brought the clothes he wore and showed us the bullet holes in front and at the back. He said he could not explain how that could happen without affecting his body. Indeed, there is a God who can turn someone into a wonder! As people looked at him, they saw someone who by all standards should have been dead, but who was alive because God miraculously protected him from weapons of destruction. This season, God will turn you into a wonder! He will miraculously protect you from every weapon of death formed against you!

Moreover, God can perform wonders through you! He can turn you into an instrument that performs wonders. For instance, on one ordinary day, Peter and John were going along the way when they encountered a lame man who asked for alms, but God used them to heal him (Acts 3:1-11). This same man who had sat at a gate of the temple for years suddenly rose up, began to walk, leap and praise God. He became a wonder to everyone who knew him, and the duo that God used to perform the miracle also stood out as wonders. Acts 3:11 says,
"And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering."

Beloved, God wants you to be a wonder. He also wants to use you to perform wonders. Are you ready to cooperate with Him? Can you pay the price to become a conduit for signs and wonders to flow through? How concerned are you about God's Kingdom? How consecrated are you? Are you prepared to give it all it takes?

Prayer Point:
Father, as You used Peter and John to perform miracles, use me and my family to perform spectacular miracles today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 6-7
Lamentation 2:14-3:6

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:48am On Jul 01, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 1st July, 2017.
SALVATION COMES FIRST.

2. Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow

Memorise
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- 1 Peter 2:24.

Read: 1 Peter 2:21-25.
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 8-9 , Lamentation 3:7-36.

Just as the repercussions of sin can affect every facet of life, so also can salvation become the platform of recovery for every area of life that has been devastated by sin. When a sinner comes in contact with the lamb of God and His blood, his or her sins are washed away, and all the devastating effects of sin can be reversed in one day. Take for instance the impotent man in John 5:2-14, who was sick for 38years. Immediately he came in contact with Jesus, he was healed. From that moment, he stopped failing, hope came to his hopelessness, he was able to fellowship with people in church, peace came to his life and joy returned to his heart. All these happened in one day. When you give your life to Jesus and He saves your soul, peace and joy will suddenly flood your heart. From that very moment, you have access to all the precious promises of God. You can claim them and they will become reality in your life.

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
1 Peter 2:24

God’s process for healing is revealed in the above scripture. First is the transfer of your sins to the crucified body of Jesus Christ by faith, and thereafter comes healing. Many people want God to heal them but they do not want God to first roll away their sins. It doesn’t work that way! Any prophet, man of God or pastor who promises to heal you without the experience of salvation from sin must be avoided like a plague. Why? It is because instead of a miracle from God, you might be getting magic from Satan, and you can be certain that Satan is a very wicked taskmaster. Moreover, quite a number of sicknesses and diseases are caused by sin. The moment you settle the issue of sin at the cross of Jesus Christ, healing will then be released. Are you sick and still wallowing in sin? Give your life to Jesus now! Renounce every link with the devil, break every covenant with demons and commit your life to Christ. Ask God to forgive you for your life of sin and promise never to return to that life. Ask Him to come into your heart as Lord and Saviour today. If you have truly done these from your heart, I command every sickness or disease hibernating inside your body to be uprooted now in Jesus’ Name!

ACTION Point
Use every opportunity to pray for the healing of the sick, but first lead them to Christ.

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:15am On Jul 04, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 4th July, 2017.
HAVING A SERVANT SPIRIT.

1. Take my life and let it be

2. Take my hands and let them move

3. Take my voice and let me sing,

4. Take my silver and my gold,

5. Take my will and make it Thine,

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour

Memorise
For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
- Luke 22:27.

Read: Luke 22:24-27.
24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

Signs and wonders easily flow in an atmosphere where authority is respected. The moment a person becomes rebellious or refuses to submit to the authority of leaders, God withdraws and so do His signs and wonders. If you want God to use you in the miraculous, learn to remain submissive to the authority of those set over you by God. Moreover, another attribute of the fellow God will use to perform signs and wonders is the possession of a servant spirit. If you take a critical look at the person of Philip as recorded in the book of Acts, chapters 6 and 8, you will see a man who happily obeyed when he was sent to serve food as an usher, even though he was full of faith, power and the Holy Spirit. If some people had such credentials as these, they would suddenly become very choosy in the nature of assignments they are willing to carry out. If a pastor asks some workers to clean the toilet today, they may give the pastor a look that says, “Don’t you know who I am? Is it because I am a worker in your church? In my place of work, I am a Managing director” Nobody is contesting with you. The truth remains that in God’s kingdom, a worker is a servant. When you get to your office, you can be the boss there, but when you are in God’s house, you must be prepared to serve. Do you know that anyone who is unwilling to serve can never reach the top in God’s house?

You need to always remember that even the Lord Jesus Christ came as a servant! In Luke 22:26, He admonished us with these words:
“But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.”

Not only did He instruct us to serve, He himself did exactly that. He came as one who serves (Luke 22:27). Do you remember He washed the feet of his disciples (John 13:5)? This is why I teach my students at the School of disciples that the hands that cannot do manual labour cannot heal the sick. Some people have abandoned house chores to their domestic workers and other helpers. If you really want God to use your hands to perform signs and wonders, then you must engage them in manual labour. By virtue of my position as the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, people try to keep me from doing chores. However, do you know that even with all the help and assistants at my disposal, when I realized they are not around, I quickly iron some of my wife’s clothes or go to the kitchen sink to wash some plates? I know what I am doing. Are you a servant or a lord that everyone must obey?

Prayer Point
Father, give me the servant spirit of Jesus Christ, so that I may serve others just as He did.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
1 Samuel 14
Lamentation 4:19-5:22.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:42am On Jul 05, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 5th July, 2017.
LIMITED TO SWEET EXPERIENCES?

1. Take my life and let it be
Let them flow in endless praise,

2. Take my hands and let them move
Swift and beautiful for Thee,

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Filled with messages from Thee,

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be Thy royal throne,

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
Ever, only, all for Thee,

Memorise
And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
2 Corinthians 1:7.

Read: Deuteronomy 8:2-7.
2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.
4 Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.
5 Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee.
6 Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.
7 For the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;

Hebrew 2:9-10.
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Jesus is the Great Shepherd, and He wants His sheep to eat and drink from that which He provides for them. If you hunger and thirst after righteousness, you will be filled. In order words, you will experience the right growth in the Kingdom when you are receptive, and not selective of what the Master gives. Every good word of God counts in helping you grow to become like Jesus. In the Church of God today, under the guise of “grace” or “liberty” found in the New Testament, a lot of funny things are happening. Some people choose to read only the New Testament and call the Old Testament stale or outdated. Some others choose to read only specific portions of the Bible that speak of blessings, while they never go to the portion on sacrifice and curses. Some people never want to see passages on tithes and offering and other forms of giving, believing that offerings do not go to God but to men. Some of such people prefer to donate their tithes to the poor and needy, rather than to pay it as tithes in their church. Such tendencies will definitely affect their growth and hinder them from enjoying God’s full blessings.

“And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.” Mark 10:29-30.

From the above, scripture, we see that the Lord Jesus Christ did not promise us a life free of hardship. Anyone who goes through life experiencing only pleasure, abundance and happiness without any moment of sorrow, sadness, denial, lack or disappointment will not develop a strong, well balanced character. Such a person will be vain, will lack compassion for others, and be conceited. God allows us to go through both the ups and downs of life so that we can truly fit into His plan for us. A one-sided spiritual diet leads to uneven spiritual growth.
Romans 5:3 says that tribulations help us develop patience. Hebrew 2:10 tells us that our Lord Jesus Christ himself was made perfect through sufferings. How can you then become perfect without undergoing hardship? 1 Peter 4:13 says that when we partake of Christ’s sufferings, we shall also partake of His glory that shall be revealed. Don’t let anyone deceive you; you need to take in every truth of God’s word in order to become who you were created to be.

Key Point:
God allows His children to go through difficulties in order to develop their character.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 15-16
Ezekiel1:1-21.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:21am On Jul 06, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 6th July, 2017.
CHOOSE WISELY.

2. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

Memorise
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
- 2 Corinthians 5:11.

Read: Luke 23:39-43.
39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

“Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.” 2 Corinthian 5:11

The reality of an eternity in Hell fire is the reason why we continue to preach relentlessly to people about the need to give their lives to Christ right now! Hell is worse than any kind of suffering ever known to man. It is worse than any World War or nuclear holocaust. It is worse than any type of plague, be it Ebola, HIV, leprosy or the Black Death. It is even worse than death itself. Why, you may ask? If a believer in Christ is tortured to death for his or her faith in Christ, he or she will be in pains for a while, but eventually, the pain will stop and he or she will be taken into glory. Such a fellow would have moved from extreme pain to extreme joy, glory and peace in Heaven. In contrast, anyone who goes to Hell will burn in fire day and night. After burning for a billion years, his or her suffering will just be beginning. Worse still, after the Great White Throne Judgment, the inhabitants of Hell will be moved into the Lake of Fire, where they will go through the worst of torment and will keep burning without being consumed. Revelation 20:14 says,
“And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.”

Whatever you can do to skip Hell, do it today because nobody knows tomorrow!No religion can save you from Hell. No form of self-righteousness, personal belief or positive thinking can save you either. In fact, John 3:18 says that some people will be banished to Hell not because they do not attend church but because they did not genuinely give their lives to Christ. You have a choice to make here. When the Lord Jesus Christ was being nailed to the cross, two thieves were equally nailed to their own crosses on either side of Him. One of them said to the Lord, “I thought you called yourself a prophet, how come you cannot deliver yourself and deliver us also?” The second thief rebuked him saying, “While on your way to Hell, you are still talking like this?” Then he turned to Jesus and said “Lord, I don’t know if it is still possible, but when You get to Your Kingdom, please remember me.” The first thief chose to go from the cross to Hell, and he got his wish, while the second chose to go from the cross to paradise and it was so. What is your choice today?

Action Point:
Visit www.spiritlessons.com and read up people’s accounts of their experience of Heaven and Hell. Wisely adjust your lifestyle based on your choice of eternal destination.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 17
Ezekiel1:22-2:7.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:23am On Jul 07, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 7th July, 2017.
WHAT’S YOUR RESPONSE?

daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

Memorise
And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.
- 1 Samuel 24:5.

Read: 2 Samuel 12:7-13.
7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
10 Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
11 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.
13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said unto David, The Lord also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

One day, after being on the run for his dear life for quite some time, David finally had the chance to kill King Saul, his persecutor (1 Samuel 24:2-6). However, instead of doing this, he chose to simply cut off a part of Saul’s robe, to show that he harbored no ill feelings towards the king. Nevertheless, after carrying out this seemingly magnanimous act, his conscience pricked him. 1 Samuel 24:5 says,
“And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's” skirt.”

His heart asked him, “David, what have you done? Have you forgotten it is written, “Touch not my anointed?” he immediately lost his peace. That is the response of a true sheep belonging to a great shepherd. In addition to finding it easy to obey, a sheep that strays from the fold of the great shepherd will have his or her heart smitten. On the other hand, goats are hard-hearted. Are you a sheep or a goat? How many times have you spoken against the anointed of God without feeling any remorse? You mean you can sit down and discuss an anointed man of God for hours, pulling him apart and highlighting what you call his faults, forgetting that it’s only before his Maker that he stands or falls? Is your conscience dead or alive? The conscience of a goat is dead but that of a sheep is alive.

In today’s Bible reading, when Prophet Nathan visited David and narrated to him the story of a rich man with many sheep, who used his poor neighbor’s only lamb to entertain his visitors, David was furious. He declared that whoever carried out this act must die. Then the prophet looked at him and said, “you are the man! “Remember that Nathan was talking to the king of the land. If you expose a goat, he or she will be angry and pounce on you. If David had been a goat, immediately he was confronted with his sin, he would have ordered his guards to cut off the prophet’s head. If he wanted to be subtle, he could lure the prophet to attend a private dinner for them to discuss the matter further, where his wine would have been poisoned. However, what did David do? He said, “I am finished!”, and he began to confess his sins. What is your attitude when God’s word hits you? Do you say, “This pastor is preaching about me again? I wonder who reports me to him?’ Is your attitude the type that says, “Preacher, mind your own business?” How often have you broken down to weep over your atrocities? How many times have you cried to God for mercy, not caring about those people who are around you? Are you a goat or a sheep?

Key Point
If you are a sheep, it will show in your response to the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 18-19;
Ezekiel 2:8-3-3:15.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:29am On Jul 10, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 10th July, 2017.
The Lord Our Refuge.

Memorise
But he passing through the midst of them went his way, – Luke 4:30.

Read: Luke 4:16-30 (KJV).
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?

23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.

24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

Bible in One Year: 1 Samuel 24-25, Ezekiel 5:1-12, Hymn: Sing hymn 9.

God has several names and titles that will definitely benefit His children who have an understanding of the purpose and power in these names. It is one thing to know the names and titles of God and another thing to have the revelation behind them. When you receive the revelation of a particular name or title of God, you are brought into a covenant relationship with Him on the basis of that name, and as a result, you gain access to the benefits that such names or titles confer. May God reveal Himself to you by His Name today!

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” - Psalm 46:1

One of God’s powerful titles is that He is our Refuge. A refuge is a kind of shelter or a place of protection from harm, danger, trouble or pursuit of the enemy. Why is God a refuge? It is because He knows that in this evil world, people will encounter lots of dangerous situations and circumstances at some point in their lives. Do you know that even our Lord Jesus Christ faced dangers many times? However, because God the Father was His refuge, He was protected from them all. One instance of this is recorded in today’s Bible reading. After hitting the people of his childhood town of Nazareth with the truth, they became very angry with Him and decided to kill Him. Luke 4:29 says,

“And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.”

This was just one of the several failed attempts made on the life of Jesus Christ until He voluntarily surrendered Himself to die at Calvary (John 10:17-18). From today, every attempt on your life shall fail in Jesus’ Name! You shall not die before your appointed time! Every plan of premature death against you and members of your family shall be disappointed! God is our refuge because of the dangerous and evil times we may have to live through. One fellow who knew God as his Refuge was David. Boy, did he face great storms! Although his eyes saw troubles and great dangers, he could still say that while passing through treacherous valleys, he would not be afraid (Psalm 23:4). He could say this because he knew God as his refuge. God is our Refuge because He knows that the enemy will definitely pursue His children, and so they will need a place to hide. From today, you will hide safely in the Lord! The Lord will be a sure Refuge for you in Jesus’ Name!

Prayer Point:
Father, in these perilous times, hide me under the shadow of Your wings.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:21am On Jul 11, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 11th July, 2017.
LEAVE A MARK.

Memorise
That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:12.

Read: Acts 19:8-10 (KJV).
8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.
9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.
10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

If you will be used by God to perform signs and wonders in these last days, you must have the heart of a missionary or church planter. In the days of the early Church, although there was a church in Jerusalem, Philip left his base and went to plant another church in Samaria (Acts 8:5). If God sees you as an incurable church planter, He will gladly use you in the miraculous. Take for instance Paul the Apostle: today you would find him in Corinth, tomorrow he would be in Galatia and the next time, you would hear of him being in Colossae. As he travelled around these countries and cities, he kept planting churches. He hardly visited a city without leaving a mark behind for God’s Kingdom. No wonder the Bible records that the kind of miracles God performed through Paul were quite outstanding. Acts 19:11-12 says,
“And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.”

There are some lessons we can learn from the experience of Paul in this regard. The first is that having the opportunity to travel around the globe is a great privilege. There are people who enjoy travelling from one country to another. There are some people who are required by their official assignment or business transactions to move across countries. Some go to other places for school or simply on vacation. Whatever the reason for your travels, it is a great privilege. Every Christian traveller is expected to leave a godly mark behind in the places he or she visits. How can you visit a country for a week or two and not share the gospel of Jesus Christ with at least one person? You as a true believer in Christ should be able to have converts in the different countries you visit, and if you are there for a minimum of three to six months, you should be able to start a house fellowship, or even a church. By doing this, you will be opening the door for God to use you for signs and wonders. Have you travelled away from home without winning souls for Christ or establishing a house fellowship or church for His Name? Are you ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ? Use the opportunity or your travels across different locations to glorify God. Travelling is meaningful if you can leave a mark of God’s Kingdom behind.

Key Point:
One way of becoming a father of many nations is to have converts in every country you visit.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:30am On Jul 12, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 12th July, 2017.
THE RESTORING SHEPHERD.

Memorise
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Psalm 23:3

Read: Psalm 23:1-3 (KJV)
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

For the sheep of the Great Shepherd, the infallible word of God in Psalm 23:3 guarantees restoration of that which is lost. Sometimes, God allows His chosen ones to experience a loss so that they can have the opportunity of experiencing Him as the Great Restorer. Be assured in your heart therefore that if you experience a loss that you did not cause by an act of carelessness of disobedience, you can obtain restoration. However, if you fail to ask for restoration, you may not experience it. In Joel 2:23-26, God promised to restore all categories of losses. Every good thing that you have lost shall be restored to you as you hold the Lord to His word, in Jesus’ Name.

Moreover, not only does the Great Shepherd restore physical and material losses to His sheep. He also restores them spiritually. Speaking of spiritual restoration, virtually all believers need this in some measures. In His letter to the Church at Ephesus, the Lord Jesus Christ told the brethren that they had left their first love. In other words, they needed spiritual restoration so that they could embrace the good things they did before, which they had abandoned. Revelations 2:5 says,
“Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

For many of us, the zeal, love and fire with which we served God when we first became saved have since ebbed. Our commitment, dedication and consecration are no longer the same. In those days, we made some vows to God such as “No Bible, no breakfast”, but are we still true to those pledges? We promised to win the world of Christ, saying that no day would pass without us winning a soul into God’s Kingdom. How true is that today? Some of us are even so shy or afraid of speaking about Jesus at God-given opportunities. We prefer to read books, surf the internet, or visit social media sites than to preach in buses or cabs like we used to. We sure need spiritual restoration! To be restored, you need to recall how committed you were in times past, repent of your lukewarmness and pick up from where you stopped. Go back to consecration and holiness! Go back to reaching out to the lost on a daily basis! Do you know that no day should pass without you prospecting for sinners to be saved into God’s Kingdom? Ask God to restore you today!

Key Point
Words like consecution, sanctification and dedication which were common place in Christianity of old are now almost completely out of our vocabulary today.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:01am On Jul 13, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 13th July, 2017.
PRAY IN THE SPIRIT.

Memorise
Like the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
- Romans 8:26.

Read: Romans 8:26-27 (KJV).
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Bible In One Year: 2 Samuel 1-2, Ezekiel 7:5-22.
Hymn: Sing hymn 15.

Prayer is very important for every Christian. Most times, we pray in the language that we speak and understand, but sometimes, we get into a fix, not knowing exactly how best to pray on a particular subject matter. This may be caused by our limited knowledge of the situation or of the people involved in it. There are also times in which we are so weighed down by the pressure of life that our understanding cannot string together the right words with which we ought to pray. Our Heavenly Father knew ahead of time that we would find ourselves in such situations, and so He made provision for the Holy Spirit to help us out at such times. This ministry of the Holy Spirit is revealed to us in Romans 8:26, which says,
“Likewise the spirit also helpth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”

This passage of Scripture clearly tells us that we do not know how best to pray. In other words, no matter how good you are in crafting prayers, the Holy Spirit knows better what needs to be said in prayer at any given time, and He will help you if only you can pray about issues in the spirit. The Holy Spirit can cover grounds that we cannot cover. For example, I cannot be at the Redemption Camp in Nigeria and know what is going on in Australia, England and other parts of the world, but the Holy Spirit knows everything. Even when I am at the Redemption Camp, I may not know how many women are in the maternity centre, there calling on God to assist them in delivering safely, but the Holy Spirit knows this. So when I do not know how to pray anymore, I hand it over to the Holy Spirit. He knows who needs prayers the most in any part of the world, and He will pray through me for them according to their need, even though I do not realise exactly what I am praying about. This is why I find it quite disturbing to hear that even the Pentecostal circles; there are some churches where they hardly pray in tongues. The Bible says we do not know how to pray as we should. Since you don’t know how to pray, why don’t you let the Holy Spirit help you by praying through you? Pray regularly in tongues. Pray at least for one hour daily, speaking in tongues as the Holy Spirit gives you utterance.

Prayer Point
Spirit of Truth, knowing my limitations, please pray regularly through me with Your perfect knowledge of my situation.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 2:59am On Jul 15, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday JULY 15TH 2017
SALVATION: HOW GENUINE?

Memorise
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Proverbs 28:13

Read: 2 CORINTHIANS 7:9-11.
9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

God’s offer of salvation is for all those who come to Him. To access this salvation however, there are certain criteria you must meet. For instance, you cannot experience salvation without genuine repentance. Unfortunately, there are people who think that they can be saved even without repenting from their sins. Some people believe that responding to an altar call for salvation is enough. No, it is not! Can you believe that when some people come out to answer an altar call, instead of repenting of their sinful lifestyles, they take pictures? Those who do so can only come out and go back the same way they came. This will not be your portion in Jesus’ Name! Heaven’s demands for obtaining salvation are clearly stated in Proverbs 28:13:
“He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”

If you do not satisfy Heaven’s demand of confessing your sins to God and forsaking your sinful lifestyle, you will never be saved. If you claim to be born again, how did you get saved? Did you confess your sins to God out of a sorrowful heart and resolve not to return to your sinful lifestyle? If your salvation lacks this key foundational pillar, you will need to revisit the salvation experience.

In Luke 13:2-5, Jesus plainly taught His hearers that except they repented, they would perish like those who went before them. God does not want anyone to perish, but He wants us all to repent (2 Peter 3:9). God wants you to change your ways and to stop doing the wicked things you do. It is then you will obtain mercy from him. Today, the term “born again” has been so abused. Many people say they are born again but they do not even know what it means. If you are truly born again, you will receive genuine salvation that will completely turn your life around (2 Corinthians 5:17). When you come out to receive Jesus, you come out because you are truly sorry for your sins; you come out with a determination to change your ways. You need to come to the altar of God crying to Him for help, not only to forgive you your sins but to also change you inside out. When you do this, you will obtain salvation. 2 Corinthians 7:10 says it is godly sorrow that brings about repentance that yields salvation. Are you really born again? If your salvation is not genuine, go back to the cross of Calvary today!

Key Point
Fake salvation can never produce the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 5-6
Ezekiel 8:7-18.

2. Though none go with me, still I will follow;

3. My cross I’ll carry till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry till I see Jesus;

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:48am On Jul 16, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL.
� Sunday 16th July, 2017.
LEGS ON VACATION?
Memorise
And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
- Acts 3:8.
Read: Acts 3:1-9.
1 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.
2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:
“And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.” Mark 10:52.
From the above scripture, the way Bartimaeus responded after the Burden Bearer lifted the burden of blindness off his life is a lesson to us all. After the Burden Bearer has answered your call and lifted off your burden, certain follow-up steps are expected of you. Some people after receiving their miracle thank God for a minute and then bid him farewell. This should not be so! Immediately after Bartimaeus received his sight, he became a follower of Jesus Christ. Know for sure that the devil will definitely contest every victory you secure over him. For failing to take the necessary follow-up steps required of you after each victory, the devil can reintroduce an entirely new burden into your life (Matthew 12:43-45). Post-victory follow-up action is as pre-victory perseverance.
After a burden is lifted off your shoulders, what should you do? You should praise God. For taking your burden away, praising God is the least you can do. Praise should flow naturally out of you as it did from the lame man in today’s Bible reading. Immediately after his burden of stagnation was lifted, he got up, walking, leaping and praising God. For 40 years he was placed in front of the temple gate, but he could not go in; but after he gained the ability to walk, he entered the temple, compelled a praise service to be held on his behalf, and on that day, many people learnt how to praise God through him. For 40 years, this man had observed how those parishioners came to the temple and would barely move their legs and bodies while praising God. He would have said to himself several times, “Oh God! I wish I had legs, I would have shown these people how to dance for you”. Then that day, God granted his desire and strengthen his two legs, and boy, he really did dance! He singlehandedly changed a regular service into a praise service. You who have always had the use of your two legs, when did you ever praise God by leaping? When you truly praise God, your legs cannot be motionless. When some people praise God, only their lips are moving; the rest of their bodies, especially their legs, go on vacation. How do you plan to praise God when he finally lifts that nagging burden off your neck? From now on, start praising Him that way, and you will have your miracle speedily.
Key Point:
Those who understand the efficacy of praise are never shy to praise God anyhow, anywhere and anytime.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 7-9;
Ezekiel 9:1-10:2.
HYMN 17: COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS.
1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.
Refrain:
3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings—*money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
Refrain:
4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:11am On Jul 17, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL.
Monday 17th July 2017.
NO SHAKING!
Memorise
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Psalm 46:2.
Read: Psalm 46:1-3.
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
When you have God as your refuge, you stand to derive numerous benefits. Having God as your Refuge places you in an advantageous position and makes you truly blessed. One of the blessings that money cannot buy is having divine cover over your life that keeps you safe from the enemy. If you consider your strengths and weaknesses, and take a stock of the opportunities and threats you are exposed to continuously, you will realize that having God as a Refuge is priceless benefit indeed. With God as your cover, you are shielded from so many attacks of the enemy. Even the losses that are programmed to come your way are terminated by God before they get to you. If you are not yet enjoying the strength of God’s cover, you are experiencing a big minus in your life.
Another benefit of having God as your Refuge is that His strength will be made available to help you in the time of trouble. Speaking about God’s strength, 1 Corinthians 1:25b gives this insight:
“…. and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”
In several scriptures, Good promises to help us in the time of need. For instance, Psalm 50:15 says,
“And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
If God is not your Refuge and you call on Him when you need help, He may not respond to you. On the other hand, He easily responds to those under His cover. Are you under God’s cover? Is He your Refuge?
Moreover, when God is your Refuge, no matter what happens, there is no cause for alarm. Just think about this for a minute: Psalm 46:2-3 says that as you are under God’s cover, when there is an earthquake and uproar in the seas or even if the mountains are blown off their locations, you will still be safe where you are. Praise God! It is an anomaly for you to be under God’s protective cover and still be afraid of storms of life. Beloved, do not be scared of the storms confronting you! Don’t be afraid of the earthquake! Don’t even shake when the unmovable are moved from their secured places. Why? As long as God is your Refuge, you cannot be moved. Whatever cannot move God cannot move you. If out of fear, you have been displaced from under God’s cover, in the Name of Jesus Christ, as you repent of your lack of faith, the Lord will return you to the place of His Refuge! With God as your Refuge, there is no shaking for you!
Prayer Point:
Father, because You are my Refuge, let everything that is designed to shake me fail.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 10-11
Ezekiel 10:3-19.
HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY.
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.
2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
Refrain:
3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
Refrain:
4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
Refrain:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Those Who Died Without Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? / Why Do Many People Fear Death? / Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 380
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.