Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Open Heavens Devotional 2017 - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Devotional 2017 (14537 Views)

Open Heavens Devotional For 10th Feb. Topic — Now That You Are Saved IV / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / RCCG Prohibits Unauthorised Publishing Of Its Open Heavens Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:44am On Sep 27, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 27th Sep., 2017.
PRINCIPLES, NOT TEARS.

Memorise
For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
- Psalm 119:89.

Read: Genesis 13:14-18.
14 And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the Lord.

If your giving reflects a financial status below the level God has placed you on, this would amount to demoting yourself. A wise fellow would rather promote himself or herself by giving beyond the level of his or her current financial status, so that God will upgrade him or her to that level. Some people look at me with envy, thinking that God is partial. No, He is not! God is not a respecter of persons, but He is a respecter of principles. When Peter realized this truth in Acts 10:34-35, He said:

“… Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.”

When you simply do what I do and follow the Bible principles that I follow, you will get the results that I get. I am not boasting, but if you think it is boasting, then I am simply boasting in the Lord. My God is not a God that is ruled by emotions. He is not moved by your tears or by you rolling on the ground. If there is something He expects you to do in accordance with His word, but you leave it and begin to cry your eyes out or roll on the ground for days and weeks, at the end of the day, He will still be waiting for you to do what He expected of you before he fulfills His promise to you. So the earlier you obey God, the sooner His intervention will come. Some people think they can manipulate God with their tricks. No they can’t. God would rather wait for you to obey, even if it takes years, before releasing a desired blessing. Unfortunately, some people out of stubbornness are making God wait almost their entire life time!

“Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:” Genesis 12:1

When God called Abraham and gave him some promises, He also gave him three conditions he had to meet to access those promises. Abraham met two of these conditions, but he considered one of them not to be as important. He took Lot, his kindred, along with him. Probably he believed that his family would consider him a wicked fellow if he left his late brother’s son behind. For as long as he did not fulfill the condition of leaving his entire kindred, God also refused to fulfill His promises. This continued until Abraham began to feel the consequences of not separating from his relatives as instructed by God. It was after he obeyed and separated from Lot that God resumed discussions with him concerning His promises. Abraham lost 13 years to disobedience! Don’t be so wise in your own sight. Obey God today!

Key Point:
Noise, acrobatics and tears do not move God: simple obedience does.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Esther 1-3
Ezekiel 47:13-48:7.

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY.
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.

4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:03am On Sep 28, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 28th Sep., 2017.
HEED THIS INVITATION

Memorise
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
- John 7:37.

Read: John 7:37-39.
7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

“How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?” Deuteronomy 32:30.

Although praying corporately is good, it should never be regarded as a substitute to a vibrant personal prayer life. Some people quote the above scriptures to justify remaining at the level of corporate prayers, and as a result they consider efforts towards personal prayer to be a waste. It is not a wasted effort! God wants to relate with us individually and develop a personal relationship with us, just as He wants to relate with us as a group. For this reason, in Isaiah 51:2, He said this to us:
“Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.”

Even when we are in a group meeting, God still wants to maintain a personal link with each of us. God is a personal God. When two brothers came to give offering to God, the Lord related with them individually (Genesis 4:3-10). How often do you spend time alone with God?

Moreover, there are great benefits that come from staying alone with God. If we look at the example of the widow of the prophet in 2 Kings 4:1-7, we can see some of the benefits of individual prayers. When she was asked to shut the door on herself, several things happened to her, one of which is that she went in empty but came out full. She took several empty vessels with her into the room, and all the vessels were filled up. Even today, as you personally separate yourself to access the Throne of Grace, our empty vessels will be made full. In today’s Bible reading, while attending the feast of the Jews, the Lord made a call. Although it was made publicly, it was a personal call. He said anyone who was thirsty could come to Him and be filled. If you can cultivate your personal relationship with God by creating regular time to be in His presence, you will always be filled, even when you enter His presence empty. Today, the Lord is sending you an invitation to come into His presence and He will fill you up. Your emptiness can be completely swallowed up as you spend personal time with Him. Are you ready to have your emptiness filled? How hungry are you? It is your level of hunger and thirst for Him that will determine how filled you will get. So, how hungry or thirsty are you today?

Action Point:
Identify things that are working against your ability to spend time alone with God and prayerfully deal with them.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Esther 4-7
Ezekiel 48:8-20

HYMN 14: TAKE MY LIFE.
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:59am On Sep 29, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 29th Sep., 2017.
DELAYED PROVISION.            

_Memorise_
The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.
- Psalm 145:15.

_Read: Daniel 10:7-13._
10:7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.

10:8 Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.

10:9 Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.

10:10 And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.

10:11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.

10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

_Message_
More often than not, when a man receives provision before he or she has need for it, wastage occurs. Such a fellow will entertain expenditures that are focused more on unnecessary wants rather than on needs. This is why such an individual needs wisdom, guidance and lots of self-denial or self-control. May you not waste your provisions in Jesus’ Name!

However, provision could also come at the time of need. This type of arrangement is preferred by some people because it eradicates the likelihood of waste. According to Psalm 46:5; when God is your refuge, He will always show up at the right time. He is never late! I pray that whatever assistance you need will locate you as soon as the need arises in Jesus’ Name.

In quite a number of situations, provision comes much after the day of need. This is totally unacceptable because the purpose for which the provision is needed is already defeated. Provision long after need is almost as bad as total denial.

When help, assistance or provision is not available in the time of need, it will result in disappointment, feeling of rejection, shame and disgrace, painful loss or even death. Do you know that many people who died in some ghastly accident could have survived if only they received help at the time of the incident? There are some who survived for a few hours but later gave up the ghost because they did not receive medical attention at the hour of need.

John 10:10; talks of Satan’s evil mission to steal, kill and destroy. One way he does this is by delaying provision or help from reaching people in need. In today’s Bible reading, following his petition to Heaven during a fast, an answer was sent to Daniel, but it was delayed by the Prince of Persia for 21 days. Daniel should have received the answer on the first day, but it was delayed for that whole period.

Every force of delay, sent to set back your provision or help beyond the time of need, shall be frustrated, disgraced and paralyzed in Jesus’s Name!

Whatever was programmed to reach you late shall arrive on time; you shall not be disappointed! That yoke of delay over your expectations is destroyed now! The Lord will sort you out speedily in Jesus’ Name!

_Key Point_
One challenge of the rich is that because they have enough to meet their needs, even for the next 10, 20 or more years, their confidence is usually in their money and not in God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Esther 8-10;
Ezekiel 48:21-35.

HYMN 4:  THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOR.
1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful if in Christ abiding;
Steadfast through the Spirit's guiding:
All must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying;
Or in living or in dying;
All must be well.

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 1st Oct., 2017.
THE MERCY AND GRACE OF GOD.

Memorise
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
- Hebrews 4:16.

Read: 2 Corinthians 6:1-10.
6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:

6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;

6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

6:8 By honor and dishonor, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;

6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;

6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Over the years, I have observed that the more powerful some people become, the more wicked they turn out to be. When they are not yet in a position of authority, they will appear to be humble, but once they have a little taste of power, they act as if they are God. This is what makes my Father very different: HE is a merciful God. In spite of all His power and majesty, He remains merciful. Having experienced God’s mercy, David thus wrote in Psalm 40:1-2:
“I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”

God is so full of mercy, and there is no one who cannot benefit from His mercy. When powerful people know that no one can query them, they do whatever they like. God is however different! Even though He is the Almighty God and He is all powerful, yet His mercy endures forever. Every time you call upon Him, you can be sure His grace will speak for you.
Ephesians 2:4 says:
“But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us".

God’s grace grants us access to the things we don’t deserve. There are many of us who are what we are only by His grace. If not for His grace, some of us would not be alive today. If not for His grace, some of us would have no roof over our heads. If not for His grace, how would some of us have anyone willing to help us? There are many opportunities we have misused in the past, and yet we have not lived to regret this because of His grace. If not for His mercy, some of us wouldn’t have recovered from the consequences of our past life.

Can you imagine a person like Saul, who persecuted the church of God, becoming a mighty apostle of the gospel? If I were God, I would not have saved His soul, especially when I think of the extent of damage he single-handedly caused the Body of Christ. I then suddenly realized that I also was once in sin like him. When grace and mercy are at work in a person’s life, he will begin to make his boast in the Lord. Can you imagine Paul saying he had wronged no one (2 Corinthians 7:2)? He could say this because the grace and mercy of God had washed away all his past misdeeds. When mercy is at work, every sinner has a future, and when grace is speaking, every saint has no past. God is telling you today that He can have mercy on you. All you need to do is to make up your mind that all the days of your life, you will continue to fear Him and walk in His ways.

Prayer Point:
Father, let Your mercy and grace never depart from my life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Romans 4-6
Daniel 2:1-16

HYMN 8: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.
1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain:
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
[Refrain]

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 2nd Oct., 2017.
THE MOST NEEDFUL THING.

Memorise
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
- Proverbs 4:7.

Read: Proverbs 4:5-9.
4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
4:6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
4:8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
4:9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

King Solomon is considered to be the wisest king that ever lived. How did he become so wise? When God gave Him a blank cheque to ask for anything, in 1 Kings 3:9, he said:

“Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?”

He chose to ask for something that the average person of his time would consider inconsequential: wisdom.

Solomon feared that he might misrule God’s people and thereby incur God’s wrath, and so he asked God for wisdom. Indeed, in Proverbs 9:10, he later wrote:

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”

It is unfortunate to discover that even among some children of God today, the fear of the Lord is greatly absent. This accounts for the level of character erosion that is being witnessed in the Church, so much so that even pastors are being caught in various acts of sin, such as sexual immorality.

Joseph was repeatedly tempted and pressured to commit sexual immorality, but he vehemently refused to indulge in it, despite the fact that it was offered to him on a platter of gold. The Bible in Genesis 39:8-9 gives this account of Joseph’s steadfastness:  

“But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand; there is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?”

If you ask me what kept Joseph away from this sexual immorality, I will tell you that it was wisdom, brought about by the fear of the Lord. How I wish all of God’s children would embrace the fear of God, so that they can begin to live in wisdom. It is wisdom to run away from sin, because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). A foolish fellow would say, “Death will come one day all the same”. Such a fellow fails to consider untimely death like the one that took Absalom away (2 Samuel 18:10-17), the agony of death that comes as a result of sin, and the eternal death in the Lake of Fire. Revelation 21:8 speaks of the Lake of Fire in these words:

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

For this reason, our Bible reading strongly recommends that we get wisdom. The question is, where can we get wisdom? It is from the word of God (2 Timothy 3:15). Beloved, seek godly wisdom and don't be lawless in the name of grace, because grace does not indulge in lawlessness.

Prayer Point
Father, put Your fear in me, help me love Your word and give me wisdom.

1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,

Refrain:

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 3rd Oct., 2017.
THE WORKS OF THE FLESH.

Memorise
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
- John 3:6.

Read: Galatians: 5:16-21.
5: 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

As Christians who are Heaven-bound, the works of the flesh are things we should watch out for, so that they do not bring our soul into damnation. We must do all we can to cherish the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). If we continue to stir up the fruit of the Spirit in our lives daily, it will be difficult for the flesh to have dominion over us. On a daily basis, our thoughts, words and actions must be guided by this scripture which says: 

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
Philippians 4:8.

If you give your heart to these words, it would be difficult for the flesh to have rule over your mind, and consequently, the work of the flesh will not find expression in your life. Such sins as hatred towards others, envy for what is happening in other people’s lives, pride and arrogance will not have a hold on you because you are walking in the Spirit of God.

All those who engage in the works of the flesh have no place in the Kingdom of God. If you want to please God, the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches and the lust for materialism, all of which do not allow the word of God to find its rightful place in the hearts of men, will have to go. God commands us to run the Christian race with patience (Hebrews 12:1). There are many who have turned sin into sport. They believe that they are very smart and cannot fall victim of sin. This was the same thinking that Adam and Eve had when they allow the voice of the serpent to override God’s instructions for their lives (Genesis 3:1-6). Samson also had an idea of the destiny he was meant to fulfill on earth, but he gambled with the anointing of God on his life and died with his enemies (Judges 16:28-30). These examples are there for us to learn from and be wise. As a child of God, you have to drop those weights of sin that easily drag you down. Don’t allow the works of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the mundane things of life to deny you of God’s plan for your life. The moment you decide not to walk in the Spirit, you have resolved in your heart to be independent of God and from that moment, the real life in you dies! This is a deadly path to take. No one who took this path has ever had a good story to tell, but that will not be your lot in Jesus’ Name. You have to be watchful, prayerful and engage in spiritual discipline from time to time, so as not to fall prey to the wiles of the devil manifested through the works of the flesh.

Key Point:
The flesh profits nothing, but the Spirit gives life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Romans 9-10
Daniel 2:31-45

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER.
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.

3. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.

4. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:24am On Oct 04, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 4th Oct., 2017.
IN NEED OF TENDER LOVING CARE.

Read: 1 Corinthians 8:8-13.
8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

8:10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;

8:11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

8:13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

HYMN 1: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2017
Open Heavens | Thurs. 5th Oct

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 6th Oct., 2017.
LIVING IN DEATH?

Memorise:
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 1 John 3:14.

Read: 1 John 3:11-16.
3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Do you know that it is very possible for one to be alive but living in death? Any man who does not have the life of God, manifested as a new life in Christ Jesus, is dead even though he or she is physically alive. If you have received the new life of Christ, you have the nature of God, and one of the defining characteristics of this nature is love (1 John 4:16). This is why the Lord Jesus Christ emphasized that there is no greater commandment than that which is anchored on love for God and love for fellow men (Matthew 22:37-40). You cannot claim to love God when you have hatred and bitterness towards your fellow men. Where there is no love, there will be deceit. There is a lot of deceit in the interpersonal relationships between people today. Do you really love, or are you pretending to love? If you live a life of love, you are living in Christ; but if you are only pretending to love when deep inside you there is so much hatred and evil-plotting against your brother, then you are living in death. The new life in Christ is a spiritual experience that puts an end to all forms of bitterness, hatred and unforgiveness in your heart. Manifesting love for God and love for others around you showcases the real image of God in you, which is characterized by purity, holiness and righteousness.

At the root of all the displacement, destruction and crime witnessed all over the world is the absence of love. Love is at the core of man’s existence. Love is the root of our salvation, and so, nothing genuine can be achieved among brethren if there is no love. When you have love, you will show compassion for those suffering and be willing to help. When you walk in love, you will no longer keep record of wrong done against you by others. Rather, you will let go and let God have His way in your life. True love is not easily offended, and it is always willing to forgive. It is this love that enables you to show kindness to those who hurt you, even though you have the power to harm or punish them. You choose to ignore their deeds because you know that there is nothing you have that you have not received from God. the word of God says prophesy and knowledge will fail, but love will always stand the test of time. Don’t envy others to the point of getting bitter with them. It is not a sign of love. Instead, let us encourage one another. You should not take other people for granted or malign others because you feel superior to them. A child of God should not revenge anything done against him or her, because vengeance is the Lord’s. Are you walking in love, or are you living in death?

Key Point:
If you love God, you won’t hate your fellow men.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 1-3
Daniel 3:24-4:3

Refrain:

A wondrous beauty I see,

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:30am On Oct 07, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 7th Oct., 2017.
BE FAITHFUL.

Memorise:
"But godliness with contentment is great gain".
1 Timothy 6:6.

Read: Luke 16:10-13.
16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

16:12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

A lot of people think it is impossible to live a life of faithfulness, and for this reason, unfaithfulness has become a norm in today’s world. The world may tolerate unfaithfulness and live with its consequences, but we as children of God cannot afford to live a life of unfaithfulness. The Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians 4:2 notifies us of God’s requirement in this regard:

“Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.”

Faithfulness has a secret which many may not recognize because its simplicity. This secret is revealed in today’s memory verse. It is contentment. Discontentment - an off-shoot of godlessness - makes a person live an unfaithful life. When you are contented with what you have, you won’t indulge in ungodly or immoral acts in order to get what you do not have. When you live a life of contentment, you won’t like King Ahab misuse your position to entrap an innocent person, so that you can take over what belongs to him or her (1 Kings 21). Contentment will prevent you from being envious of people under you who are being celebrated for faithfully discharging their duties to the glory of God. Lack of contentment made Haman hate Mordecai, so much so that he planned to get rid of an innocent, dutiful but uncompromising doorman (Esther 5:11-14). Haman misused his position as a member of the king’s cabinet to pursue the destruction of innocent people (Esther 3:8-11). This is exactly what some people in privileged position are doing today, even though this is their own peril.

Faithfulness applies in terms of money and position, but it is also applicable in the use of your time. This is manifested in such areas as the time you are expected to spend at your place of work. It is ignorance that makes a child of God to think that he or she can spend just two out of the required eight hours at work, and then expect commendation by the God of Justice, when he or she brings the tithes of wages he or she did not work for. The Name of the Lord is blasphemed when a so-called child of God absconds from work for days - pursuing “missions”- only to come back and collect full wages covering the period of absence, in the full glare of unbelievers. God’s requirement of our faithfulness in stewardship applies to every area of our lives. My prayer is that the Almighty God will open your eyes to see the different areas of life you are lacking in faithfulness, and grant you grace to live faithfully in all areas. Through faithfulness, unbelievers will see the light and glorify your Father who is in Heaven. This virtue of faithfulness was the reason why employers of labour came to our Church in those days to recruit workers for their secular establishments. May God bring such days back to us in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point:
Father, through Your Spirit, please help me to be faithful in life as a steward of the Name of Jesus Christ.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 4-6
Daniel 4:4-18

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER.
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 8th October, 2017.
GOD’S KIND OF LOVE.

Memorise
But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 5:8.

Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 13:1-8.
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, lam become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up 1 Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Today’s memory verse gives us a glimpse of what God’s kind of love is all about. This scripture reveals one truth about God’s kind of love, which is that it is unconditional. God loves unconditionally, and His love prompts Him to forgive unconditionally! If God had chosen to wait until we became saints before extending His saving love to us, no one would be saved.

Some years ago, one of my sons illustrated the unconditional nature of God’s love. In his place of work, his secretary did something unprofessional, and so he moved him out of his office to another role within the department. While suspending this man from his role as secretary, my son strangely instructed him to hold on to the computer he had been working with, and told him to retain all the files that were on it. Some months later, he reinstated this fellow to his old role as secretary. Surprised at his reinstatement, this secretary was initially not comfortable at his former desk, but my son reassured him that he had been forgiven. He said to him, “I had forgiven you even before you asked for forgiveness”.

Why do you think I told you to hold on to the computer and keep all the files? I forgave you and restored you even as I was suspending you from office, planned your reinstatement right from that day, and l didn’t want you to return and start from scratch, which is why I left the computer with you even though you were no longer my secretary. This secretary was dumbfounded. In today’s Bible reading, we are enlightened on the characteristics of God’s kind of love. The Holy Spirit in these verses first declares the importance of this kind of love, without which life is worthless and meaningless.

He then begins to list the characteristics of God’s love. Only God’s type of love suffers long and shows unusual kindness. God is sovereign and all-powerful, so He needs not envy anyone, neither does He need anybody to pump up His ego. God’s love contains no evil (James 1:13). Contrary to some people’s perception, God’s kind of love does not condone or rejoice in iniquity. Some Pastors think that the best way of showing God’s kind of love is not to rebuke sinners.

Nothing could be further from the truth! God’s kind of love is what Paul instructed Timothy to demonstrate in fulfilling his ministry, by reproving, rebuking and exhorting those he was ministering to with all longsuffering and doctrine (2 Timothy 4:2). My advice to you is that you embrace God’s love as personified by His Son, Jesus Christ, who died for the sins of the whole world.

Prayer Point
Father, let Your love be shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit in Jesus Name.

Hymn: Sing Hymn 2.

Verse 1
What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry,
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear.
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Verse 2
Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

Verse 3
Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge!
Do your friends despise forsake Thee?
In His arms He'll take and shield Thee;
You wilt find a solace there.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:30am On Oct 09, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY 9TH October 2017

THEME: REPRESENTING GOD?

Memorise:
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1Timothy 4:12

Read: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-8

3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

3:4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

3:8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

Who are you? If you are a child of God, then you must behave like God and reflect all that He represents. God is love. He is pure and there is no darkness in Him. If you are a child of the devil, your life will be patterned after the devil. I am a branch of Jesus because I am permanently rooted in Him. What about you? As a child of the Most High God, you are expected to demonstrate His nature everywhere you find yourself. You are an ambassador of Jesus Christ, called to show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). To be a representative of God to the world and a role model among believers, it is required of you to surrender yourself solely to Him. By so doing, you will be laying a good foundation for others to emulate. In many churches today, their modus operandi is “do as I say” and not “as I do”. This was not the example that the believers of old showed us. Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:1 boldly said:

“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”

He saw himself as a worthy follower of Christ, and he was not ashamed to tell us to follow his footsteps.

As an ambassador of Christ, you have a mandate to fulfill for the Lord in this generation. You have been positioned at such a time as this to be relevant in the scheme of things. Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego stood out from the crowd. They did not allow the privileges of royalty to deny them of their place in God. They were role models for the world to see, and they did great exploits for God because they had an understanding of the times and season they lived in. Do not engage in any despicable act that will cause men to despise your God. Do not engage in folly and a questionable lifestyle that will destroy what God has planned for you. The world must know that you are a believer, not just in word but also in deeds. Let your life be an epistle for people to read. Do not do anything in secrecy that will tarnish your image, because the devil is going round looking for great soldiers in God’s battalion to discredit. The devil will never go after those who have nothing to offer. He is after the “Esthers” because he wants to stop them before they get to the king’s palace. He is after the “Daniels” because he wants to stop them from being relevant in life and in governance. He is after the “Nehemiahs” because he can’t stand them rebuilding the broken walls of godliness. To finish well, you must be resolute and determined. Irrespective of the odds against you, you must push through, break barriers and fulfill your destiny in grand style. Be a model of Christ to all men in word, in conversation, in love, in hospitality and in godliness.

Key Point:
If you steadfastly take a stand for God, you will not fall by the wayside of life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 10-11
Daniel 4:28-37

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY

Refrain:

Refrain:

A wondrous beauty I see,

Refrain:

Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:03am On Oct 10, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 10th Oct., 2017.
I SHALL NOT BE POOR.

Memorise:
All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.
- Proverbs 19:7.

Read: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10.
9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Having tasted poverty and a little bit of wealth, I can tell you that wealth is better than poverty. If you are living in poverty, I prophesy over you that God will lift you out of poverty in Jesus’ Name. One of the reasons why I hate poverty so much is because of what Proverbs 14:20 says about the poor:

“The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.”

In today’s Bible reading, we are introduced to a Bible hero who experienced poverty, but who was not hypocritical about his undesirable condition. This fellow was Jabez. His mother named him Jebez because she gave birth to him with sorrow. As Jabez grew up, he started experiencing the meaning of his name, and so, he decided to do something about it. It is unfortunate that many people, even some children of God, bear names with negative meanings and connotations, and yet they refuse to do something about it, even after they start sensing the negative influence of such names on their lives. My prayer for you today is that the Almighty God will give you a name that will wipe away generational curses plaguing your life in Jesus’s Name. What Jabez did to change his situation is a common thing that some people don’t consider necessary: he prayed.

There are many lessons we can learn from the life of Jabez, the first of which is that Jabez called on the God he knew was a prayer-answering God - the God of Israel. The question is, who are you calling upon? Psalm 5:3 clearly tells us who we should direct our prayers to:

“My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”

A second lesson to learn from Jabez is that he did not ask for a small blessing; rather, he prayed that God should bless him indeed. Thirdly, he prayed that God will be with him in his prosperity and keep him from evil. It is an open secret that many rich people live in one calamity or the other. Jabez knew this, and so he prayed against riches that attract evil. What a great man who knew the ways of God! If you want poverty to be history in your life, you have to do something about it. Jabez can be classified as someone who was destined to die in penury, but he prayed himself out of poverty and God heard him. Jesus is the way out of poverty (2 Corinthians 8:9). The life that He gives and His principles will lift you out of poverty. Therefore, give your life to Him without further delay today, and poverty shall become history in your life in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point:
Father, please bless me indeed with Your blessing that adds no sorrow.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 12-14
Daniel 5:1-12.

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS.
1.  There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:35am On Oct 11, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 11th Oct., 2017.
BE OF GOOD CHEER.

Memorise:
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
- Proverbs 15:13.

Read: Matthew 14:23-27.
14:23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

14:24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.

14:25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.

14:26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

The message in today’s memory verse is food for thought for those children of God who think that being sorrowful or morose is a Christian virtue. A glooming spirit is of the devil, who wants us to be in sorrow continually. In contrast to this, God wants all His children to be happy. The Holy Spirit in Isaiah 61:3 said that God gives joy to the sorrowful:

“To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.”

The Lord Jesus Christ, who came to demonstrate the nature and character of God, read the above scripture in a synagogue on a certain day, and He declared:

“This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.” Luke 4:21b

By this declaration, as a child of God, you should not live in sorrow anymore.

All through the course of Jesus’ earthly ministry, one statement that was common with Him was, “Be of good cheer”. In other words, “Have a merry heart”. He continually said this because He knew that a merry heart results in a smiling face and is like medicine to the body and soul (Proverbs 15:13, Proverbs 17:22). For example, in John 16:33, Jesus told the disciples to be of good cheer because He had overcome the world. This means that, as children of God, we should not go about in life wearing a sorrowful face in self-pity - not even when we are confronted with the challenges of life. In the story of the man afflicted with the palsy, Jesus told him to be of good cheer because his sins were forgiven (Matthew 9:2). In other words, "Son, although your sins brought this sickness to your life, you are now forgiven, and you are made whole." I prophesy to you today, irrespective of the agonising condition your past life has brought into your present, the Lord will redeem you today. You are forgiven by the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, and you will be happy again in Jesus’ Name. In today’s Bible reading, the disciples were in the midst of the sea and its waves tossed them here and there. In the midst of palpable fear and despair, Jesus came to them and rebuked their faithlessness, before rebuking the destructive wind. He then encouraged them to be of good cheer. In like manner, the Lord is speaking to you today that you will not drown in that situation. Be cheerful because Emmanuel is with you. Your joy shall come, and it shall come in full measure in Jesus' Name.

Prayer Point:
Father, flood my heart with unspeakable joy today and for ever more.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 15-16
Daniel 5:13-28.

HYMN 4:
1.Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
All, all is well:
Perfect is the grace that sealed us;
All must be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Christ hath purchased full salvation,
All, all is well:
Fruitful, if in Christ abiding;
Holy, through the Spirit’s guiding;
All must be well.

3. We expect a bright to-morrow,
All will be well;
All, all is well:
On our Father’s love relying,
Jesus every need supplying,
Then in living or in dying,
All must be well.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:52am On Oct 12, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 12th Oct., 2017.
OBEDIENT CHILDREN

Memorise:
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
- Exodus 20:12.

Read: Ephesians 6:1-3.
6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

6:2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;

6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Children are assets of the Almighty God entrusted to our care. We must therefore ensure that we do all we can to nurture them for the Lord and not for ourselves. We should strive to receive commendation from the Lord for our efforts in bringing them up as children He can be proud of. Raising children in today’s world is serious business. Unfortunately, we live in a world where parents have left to chance or entirely neglected the huge tasking of bringing up their children in the fear of the Lord. Many parents justify themselves by concluding that they are helpless, and they shift the blame of their own failures to the happenings in the society. In the time of father Abraham, there were also parents who did not bring up their children to follow the path of God, but for Abraham, his testimony was different. God said this concerning him in Genesis 18:19:

“For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgement; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.”

If you want to raise children who will be obedient to the Lord, you must be ready to start right from the beginning of the child’s life. That is what parenting is all about. It involves training and educating a child from the phase of infancy through to adulthood. If you carry out the job of parenting as unto the Lord, you will be well rewarded by Him. There are many parents who realise late in life that they have neglected their roles as parents. In order to make amends, some of them begin to make efforts at “repairing” the lives of their children, but at that point, they discover it has become a herculean task.

Obedient children are godly children, committed to a life of honesty in all they do. Such children will never bring shame, reproach or embarrassment to the God of their fathers, because they have a deep understanding of the covenant upon which they have been groomed. There are parents today who have lost control of their children. Some other parents have turned their children into symbols of idolatry. They fear their children more than they fear God. May that not be your portion in Jesus’ Name. Obedient children must honour their parents. They must respect them irrespective of their status in society, if they want to live a life without regret. When their parents need their attention or help, they must be there for them. They must also be ready to submit willfully to their instructions, corrections and rebuke. There are children who bring sorrow to their parents. On the other hand, children of destiny bring great comfort to everyone around them. Are you a child of destiny?

Prayer Point:
Father, let my children please You always, and grant me grace to care for my parents.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Corinthians 1-3,
Daniel 5:29-6:13.

HYMN 16: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES.
1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes;
God give us Christian homes!

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;

3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:43am On Oct 13, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 13th Oct., 2017.
GOD’S WATCHMAN.

Memorise:
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- Mark 16:15

Read: Exodus 33:1-6.
33:1 And the Lord said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it:

33:2 And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:

33:3 Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way.

33:4 And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his ornaments.

33:5 For the Lord had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

33:6 And the children of Israel stripped themselves of their ornaments by the mount Horeb.

Humanity is perishing every day because of sin. So many people are unaware of the truth of God’s word about the consequences of sin, and some who know this truth are drawing back from it. Due to the pervasiveness of iniquity in the world today, those who used to be very hot for the Lord are now cooling off in the flesh, while some have even departed from the faith completely. The irony of it all is that the Church is behaving as if all is well. The world is blind and needs to know about God. As God’s watchman, you are the light of the world. You are a city set on a hill, and you are the salt of the earth. However, are you measuring up to God’s expectation in the area of your responsibilities towards the great commission? How many sinners have you spoken to about the consequences of their actions? How many souls have you followed up this year? Many believers who are supposed to be God’s watchmen are now complacent; they are no longer aware of what the Spirit is saying. Today, there is so much religion without the visible demonstration of the power of the Holy Ghost. It is through salvation in Jesus that there can be restoration of life to those dying in sin. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is for the purpose of going into all part of the world to effect deliverance of all those held captive by Satan (Acts 1:cool.

As God’s watchman, you cannot afford to remain empty spiritually. You must be fruitful (John 15:16). We need to wake up and start bearing fruit if we do not want to be condemned. Most of the things happening around us today that have become a threat to the Body of Christ are happening because we are not doing what God expects of us. If we preach the true gospel as handed over to us by the apostles of old, the Church of God today will be more vibrant, healthier and spiritually active. If you will be equipped for the great assignment of the great commission, you need to avoid falling into the sin of covetousness, pride, self-centeredness, love of money, and ambition for power. We need to go to God in prayer and ask for His fire to be released upon our hearts, so that we can recover lost grounds. To God’s watchmen, He is saying return to the great commission. The great commission is God’s ultimate assignment, and it entails transforming people from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Let the gospel be preached to all people in all places. If there are places you can’t go yourself, make arrangements to send others there to do the work. The gospel of reconciliation is a message of universal concern, and we can all make a difference as we play our part.

Prayer Point:
Father, please help me to play my role in Your Kingdom agenda.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Corinthians 4-7
Daniel 6:14-28.

HYMN 13: WONDERFUL STORY OF LOVE.
1. Wonderful story of love;
Tell it to me again;
Wonderful story of love;
Wake the immortal strain!
Angels with rapture announce it,
Shepherds with wonder receive it;
Sinner, oh, won’t you believe it?
Wonderful story of love.

Refrain:
Wonderful! Wonderful!
Wonderful, wonderful story of love.

2. Wonderful story of love;
Though you are far away;
Wonderful story of love;
Still He doth call today;
Calling from Calvary’s mountain,
Down from the crystal-bright fountain,
E’en from the dawn of creation,
Wonderful story of love.

3. Wonderful story of love;
Jesus provides a rest;
Wonderful story of love;
For all the pure and blest,
Rest in those mansions above us,
With those who’ve gone on before us,
Singing the rapturous chorus,
Wonderful story of love.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:17am On Oct 14, 2017
SATURDAY 14th October 2017
THEME: ONE WITH GOD IS A MAJORITY

Memorise:
And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
2nd Kings 6:16

Read: 2nd Kings 6:8-17
6:8 Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a place shall be my camp.
6:9 And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither the Syrians are come down.
6:10 And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.
6:11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?
6:12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.
6:13 And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan.
6:14 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.
6:15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

One fundamental reason why some people have turned their back against godly living is that the ungodly are more in number than those who are godly. It takes faith in God to live a godly life in this age of political correctness, the ascendancy of philosophies of relativism and humanism, and agitation for the “fundamental human rights” of people involved in acts that are despicable to God. The age-long saying that “One with God is a Majority” is no longer popular because no one wants to suffer humiliation and marginalisation by the ungodly majority.

The story in our Bible reading demonstrates the truth that one with God is indeed a majority. While waging war against the king of Israel, the king of Syria discovered that all the tactical information he was discussing with his generals was somehow revealed to the king of Israel again and again. The King of Syria was so troubled by this, because he thought he had a mole among his men, divulging all his secrets to the king of Israel. My prayer for you today is that God will expose every plan of your enemies to you, and all their destructive schemes against you will fall in Jesus’ Name.

When the king of Syria discovered that Elisha was the divine informant leaking his secrets, he ordered his arrest. On seeing the great host of the king of Syria that came by night to arrest his master, the servant of the prophet was so afraid and he cried out to Elisha, “Alas, my master! How shall we do? “The prophet, in 2nd Kings 6:16 , answered thus:

"And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

After Elisha prayed that the Lord should open the eyes of his servant, the young prophet saw an angelic host with horses and chariots of fire around where they were. There and then, he believed that indeed there is a majority of hosts with the one who is on the Lord’s side.

The question is, are you on God’s side? You have no reason to fear if indeed you are with God. When we are in the minority from a physical perspective, our Lord Jesus Christ warns us against being discouraged, because with God on our side, we are always in the majority. After all, Jesus’ Name is Emmanuel, which means “God with us” Matthew 1:23. 1st John 4:4 says,

“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

I therefore encourage you to move on to the righteous side of God today. Moving on to the side of Jesus Christ is moving on to the side of victory, redemption and peaceful living.

Prayer Point
Father, I have learnt that one with You is a majority, I therefore come to declare anew my allegiance to You. Please receive me to your side and fight my battle for me.

Bible in one year:
2nd Corinthians 8-10 Daniel 7:1-12

HYMN: 18 ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS

1. Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See his banners go!
Refrain

Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.

2. At the sign of triumph
Satan’s host doth flee;
On, then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory.
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise;
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise.
Refrain

3. Like a mighty army
Moves the Church of God;
Brothers, we are treading
Where the Saints have trod.
We are not divided;
All one body we:
One in hope and doctrine,
One in charity.
Refrain

4. Onward, then, ye people;
Join our happy throng.
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song:
Glory, laud, and honor
Unto Christ, the King.
This through countless ages
Men and angels sing.
Refrain
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 15th Oct., 2017.
LIKE THE SACRIFICE OF CAIN?

Memorise:
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
- 2 Corinthians 9:7.

Read: Genesis 4:1-7.
4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

4:6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

When it comes to the issue of giving, we are not only expected to do what is required but also what is commanded by the Almighty God. No matter how much you give in church, or how much you give to different causes in God’s Kingdom, you can never out-give God. God is more interested in the attitude with which you give than in what you give. He knows to what extent He has blessed you, and He expects your act of giving to reflect this. Each time we sow, God allows our seed to multiply. Since I have been giving to God, I have never known a better yesterday, because God is always doing something new in my life. I always pity those who do not give to God. This is foolishness, because there is nothing you have today that you have not received from God. At the table of the Almighty set before you, you are permitted to take what you want and as much as you want (Psalm 23:5). There is no scarcity in Heaven, and this is why God has promised to open the windows of heaven to pour out blessing on those who obey His commandments concerning tithes, offerings, and sowing to kingdom assignments and charities. Your acts of giving must be done cheerfully and not grudgingly.

In today’s Bible reading, Abel’s sacrifice was accepted while that of Cain was rejected. Why did this happen? Abel brought his sacrifice to God with joy, thankfulness and with great expectation. He brought his offering with an upright heart, and he also offered sacrifice that was well pleasing to God. When people are not sincere with God, it doesn’t matter how many sermons they have listened to, or how many hours they have spent in the place of prayer, things will still always go wrong with them. God was not pleased with Cain’s sacrifice because his heart was not right before Him. Cain was envious of his brother’s blessing and he failed to focus on his own heart. May your sacrifice not be rejected before God in Jesus’ Name. Cain was a wicked man, operating under the influence of the flesh; therefore, his sacrifice was an abomination before God. Proverb 15:8 says,
“The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.”

If a tree is good, its fruits will be good. God is interested in the fruit we bear. Abel was careful in the choice of his sacrifice. He intentionally used the best of his flock because he understood that if you give your best to God, He will in turn give His best to you. Endeavor to always give the best of your life to God, and see how He will respond.

Action Point:
Offer the best of your time and the best of your service to God today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Corinthians 11-13
Daniel 7:13-28.

HYMN 10:  THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING.
1. There shall be showers of blessing:

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;

3. There shall be showers of blessing;

Now as on Jesus we call!
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 9:00am On Oct 16, 2017

DATE: MONDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY

Memorise:
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

Read: Psalm 51:12-18

51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

51:18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

Going to church is not the same as knowing God. There are many people in church today whose lifestyles do not reflect having any experimental knowledge of who God is. Furthermore, being involved in church activities is not the same as loving God. If you love God, it will show in the way you conduct the affair of your life. God is a merciful God who desires the prosperity of His children, and He is in search of hearts that are longing for him. God is calling us into an intimate knowledge of His person and His attributes. If you know God, the evidence will be seen in the way you relate with people around you. This includes your colleagues in the office as well as your neighbors at home. If your lifestyle does not match with God’s word, no matter how much you give to Him or the activities you engage in to impress Him, you will not find favour in His sight. The words of 1 Samuel 15:22 are very clear:

“...Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”

Some time ago, at a gathering of God’s people at the Redemption Camp, I had to tell everyone there that if you know you are not genuinely saved by the Blood of the Lamb, there is no need to give any offering to God. God will not accept the offering of sinners. It is an abomination before Him (Proverb 15:cool. Our lives must count for God first, before other things can follow suit.

God wants us to obey His voice and follow His word for our lives. He wants His children to all be true people who impact the lives of others positively. Living a godly life is all that God desires from us. When we live according to His standards, He will be pleased with all that we have to offer. Morality and rituals cannot grant us access to the mercy of God. Before the prodigal son could receive mercy, he had to come to his senses and amend his ways by going back to his father. God is longing for those who will praise Him in spirit and in truth. He is desperate for those who will magnify Him not for what they can get from Him but for who He is. Do you know that you can come before God with big offerings and yet stir up His anger? This will not be your lot in Jesus’ Name. No amount of sacrifice from us can equal His sacrifice for us. The scope of this sacrifice can be seen in these words of Romans 8:32:

“He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?”

Key Point:
Obedience is better than sacrifice.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Galatians 1-3
Daniel 8:1-14

HYMN 14: TAKE MY LIFE

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:43am On Oct 17, 2017

DATE: TUESDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: ENJOYING THE SERVICES OF ANGELS

Memorise:
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: Psalm 104:4

Read: Psalm 91:9-13

91:9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

There are several misconceptions about the existence of angels. Some people don’t believe that angels exist. Some other people who believe in the existence of angels don’t know their purpose. It is important for us to know the truth of what God’s word says about angels, so that we don’t miss out on the ministry of angels in our lives. Today’s memory verse confirms that angels exist, and gives a hint on why they were created. From this scripture, we understand that angels are ministering spirits. We have two categories of angels: holy angels of God and fallen angels. The term “fallen angels” refers to Satan and the group of angels that rebelled along with him against God. These angels, now called the devil and demons, were cast out of heaven and are awaiting the day of God’s final judgment against them, when they will be sent into the place of eternal punishment (Isaiah 14:12-16, Ezekiel 28:12-19, Revelation 12:9, Matthew 8:29, Revelation 20:10). On the other hand, the holy angels of God are those angels that have remained loyal to God as their sovereign Lord. Concerning these angels, Psalm 103:20 says,

“Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.”

As a child of God, the angels of God are meant to minister to you and for you in the hour of great need, especially in situations beyond human control and power. Hebrews 1:14 says,

“Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”

For example, angels ministered to Jesus after His temptation and before He went to the cross (Matthew 4:11, Luke 22:43). Psalm 91:11-12 mentions some specific assignments of the angels of God saying,

“For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.”

Years ago, when some of the brethren came to me suggesting that I begin to carry bodyguards around, because they would not want to lose me to hoodlums or hired assassins, I declined because, based on the above scripture, the One who called me has more than enough angelic bodyguards to take care of my security, and they are more effective than a billion human bodyguards could ever be. Note however that the angels of God should never be worshipped or prayed to. Often times, because of their awesome nature, those who encountered them attempted to do this, but every time, these angels themselves forbade them from doing so (Revelation 22:8-9). Are you enjoying the ministry of angels?

Action Point:
Thank God for His ministering spirits that have been assigned to take care of you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Galatians 4-6
Ephesians 1
Daniel 8:15-9:2

HYMN 8: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain:
Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain:

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.

Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:31am On Oct 18, 2017

WEDNESDAY 18TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME:
HOPE IN THESE LAST DAYS

MEMORISE:
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14:18

READ:
Joel 2:28-32

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lordshall call.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ephesians 2-4, Daniel 9:3-15

You can live above the storms of life in these last days through the power of God’s word. The Lord has promised us in His word that He will not leave us comfortless (John 14:18). You therefore have His assurance that no matter how bad your situation may appear to be, there is hope for you. Let these words of Job 14:7 bring hope to your heart:

“For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.”

While Jesus and His disciples were on a missionary journey, the disciples desperately called His attention to a raging storm. He calmly woke up and rebuked the storm, and right away, there was great calm (Mark 4:36-41). The disciples first struggled to survive the storm on their own, but the more they tried, the more they were in danger of perishing at sea, until Jesus intervened. I pray that the Almighty God will intervene in your situation today in Jesus’ Name. From the words of the Lord, we know that the last days will be a time of turmoil with several raging storms (Luke 21:25-26). We are indeed in the last days. Are you experiencing a storm? The Lord has different strategies to bring comfort to you. He can simply calm the storm by the awesome power of His presence, or by directly commanding the storm to become still. He can also provide a cover for you from the storm. This is why you need to stay in God’s presence where your destiny can remain secured.

The Lord has promised the outpouring of His spirit upon all flesh in the last days. Acts 2:17 says,

“And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:”

We are living in times when the Spirit of the Lord is empowering the saints for the fulfillment of prophesies and the actualization of visions. The Body of Christ therefore has no excuse not to do exploit for God in times as these, because the promise of the Spirit’s outpouring has already been fulfilled by the Father. God is set to do great things, not because of our own abilities but because of His sovereignty. Not one of God’s children will be left out of His great move in these last days. Son, daughters, old men, young men, manservants and maidservants are all relevant to God in His agenda for this time. He has reserved better things for His people in the midst of the turmoil unfolding in the world, and He will begin to give us divine revelation of how we will transit from where we are to where we ought to be by His Spirit. The Spirit will also release the strength and vigour needed for the actualization of these dreams.

PRAYER POINT :
Father, let there be an outpouring of Your Spirit upon my life.

AUTHOR:
PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 1:
MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
My zeal inspire!
Oh, may my love to Thee
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
Be Thou my guide;
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:40am On Oct 19, 2017

DATE: THURSDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: ALL THINGS WORK FOR GOOD

Memorise:
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

Read: Acts 8:1-8

8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

8:2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

8:3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

8:8 And there was great joy in that city.

When we look at the situation of the world today, we can be tempted to think that God has withdrawn from the world he created, but nothing could be further from the truth. Our God is very much in charge of His created order. He has never and He will never lose grip of His created universe. One reason why some people think it is immoral to link God with what is happening in the world today is the evil that permeates the world as a result of sin being perpetrated by the men and woman of this age. Such people believe that if God is involved in the affairs of this world, then the terrible things we are witnessing today should have triggered His direct intervention. Such opinions are not new; they were also expressed by some people at the time of the early Church, to whom Peter responded with the words of 2 Peter 3:9:

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”

The events described in today’s Bible reading showed God’s people living in a very difficult time. The persecution of the early Christians by the Jew, which claimed the life of Stephen, caused the believers to scatter all over the then known world, in a bid to escape further persecution by the Jews. However, this dispersion resulted in the spread of the gospel. Philip, who was initially commissioned to minister to the widows in Jerusalem, became a city-wide evangelist in Samaria. The Bible testifies thus about him:

“Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.” Acts8:5-6

You can therefore see that indeed, all the things that happened in Jerusalem, including the scattering of the disciples, worked together for the salvation and deliverance of the people of Samaria and other parts of the world. My prayer for you is that all the things you are passing through this season will work together for your good in Jesus’ Name. However, only those who love God have the assurance of all things working together in their favour, especially those who are called according to God’s purpose. Therefore, ensure that your love for God is sincere, so that your expectations will not be disappointed.

Prayer Point:
Father, in accordance with Your word, let all things begin to work together for my good in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ephesians 5-6
Philippians 1
Daniel 9:16-27

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR

1. Through the love of God our Savior,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favor,
All, all is well.
All must be well.

All will be well.
All, all is well.
All must be well.

All will be well.
All, all is well.
All must be well.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:58am On Oct 20, 2017

DATE: FRIDAY 20TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: IMPORTUNE PRAYER OR VAIN REPETITION?

Memorise:
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Matthew 6:7

Read: Luke 18:1-8

18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

18:2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

18:3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

18:4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

18:5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

18:6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

A lot of people don’t know the difference between importune prayer and prayer with vain repetitions. Importune prayer, otherwise known as persistent or relentless prayer, is good and recommended by our Lord Jesus Christ, while vain repetitions are abhorred and condemned by Him. In our memory verse, the Lord Himself warned us against vain repetitions during prayer! The question is, what does it mean to pray using vain repititions? Does it mean, as assumed by lot of people, using the same words over and over again when praying? To answer this question, let’s take a look at what Mark 14:39 says about the prayers the Lord offered in the Garden of Gethsemane:

“And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.”

It is clear from this scripture that vain repetition does not mean repeating the same words in prayer. Using vain repetitions in prayer simply means continuously praying on a request for which God has said “No” or “Wait”, “it’s not yet time”, in the hope of stampeding Him into doing what He has purposed not to do in your own best interest. I remember when my children were still young and we were living in Mushin (Lagos, Nigeria), where there were so many reckless drivers around. My children asked for bicycles, but I refused to grant that request because I did not want to bury any of them. My answer to their request could be interpreted as, “Wait, it’s not yet time”. However, when we moved to the Redemption Camp, where the roads were safe for young fellows to ride bicycles, I decided it was time to grant their request. If they kept asking me for bicycles while we were still at Mushin, that could be interpreted as praying using vain repetitions.

In our Bible reading, the Lord encouraged importune or unrelenting prayer by using the illustration of a judge who was not sensitive to the plight of his petitioners, least of all a lowly widow. Importune prayer is the prayer we keep on saying when God has not given a verdict of yes or no. It demonstrates to God that we have no alternative to Him and what He can do for us. This story tells us that after the widow kept on going to the judge day and night, he decided to do what she wanted. Although God cannot be intimidated by our prayers, in as much as we ask according to his will and we do not grow weary in asking, He will always answer us. Daniel prayed importune prayer for twenty-one days before he got his answer. As a matter of fact, it was his importune prayer that prevented him from being robbed of the answer to his request which had been released on the very first day that he started praying, but was hijacked by principalities (Daniel 10:12-13). I pray that your cry to God will be heard today and you will have testimonies in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point:
Father, avenge me of my adversaries today, and put laughter on my lips in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Philippians2-4
Daniel 10:1-14                  

HYMN 1: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

1.  My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2.  May Thy rich grace impart
My zeal inspire!
Oh, may my love to Thee
A living fire!

3.  While life’s dark maze I tread,
Be Thou my guide;
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
Shall o’er me roll;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:33am On Oct 21, 2017

DATE: SATURDAY 21ST OCTOBER 2017

THEME: KNOW & STAY WITHIN YOUR CALLING

Memorise:
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3

Read: 1 Corinthians 12:4-11

12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Anyone who wants to be successful in life without struggling must know the reason why God sent him into this world. As a child of God, it is particularly very important for you to know your calling and stay within it. There are many reasons why a child of God should know and stay within his or her calling. The Holy Spirit expounds on this in Romans 12:3 saying:

“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”

This scripture reveals a serious mistake that knowing one’s calling could help to avoid. That mistake is thinking of oneself more highly than one ought to. For example, a person called as a teacher seeing himself as an apostle would get into a lot of problems. He or she will commit blunders, and can only be rescued by repenting and staying within the call of God with every sense of sobriety.

Also, in our Bible reading, we are exposed to the diversities of gifts given by the same Spirit of God. Irrespective of the type of gifts we are given, 1 Corinthians 12:7 says this about their purpose:

“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.”

This scripture reveals that these gifts are for the purpose of blessing the Body of Christ. This is why you should never make merchandise of spiritual gifts. Freely the Holy Spirit gives, and freely we must operate in His gifts without profiteering. This might be the reason why Elisha refused to take the gifts offered by Naaman, the Syrian army general, after he was healed of leprosy (2 Kings 5:15-16). Moreover, we must not only know our calling, we must also stay within it as a matter of necessity. Those who would not stay within their calling will end up in frustration. The truth is, no calling is inferior to the other, and none is superior either (1 Corinthians 12:15-25). It is an inferiority complex that makes a child of God think that he or she is not gifted, when he or she can sing, witness or give generously without constraints. It takes a divine calling to be rich and still find it easy to distribute your riches to meet people’s needs. Ananias and Sapphira entered into the calling of giving like Barnabas, when they were not called into it, and they met their waterloo (Acts 4:36-37, Acts 5:1-11). That thing you are doing for God with ease is your area of calling. Identify and stay in it. God bless you.

Prayer Point:
Father, open my understanding to know my calling and give me the necessary contentment to stay within it in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Colossians 1-4
Daniel 10:15-11:6

HYMN 15: THE COMFORTER HAS COME

1. Oh, spread the tidings ’round, wherever man is found,
Wherever human hearts and human woes abound;
Let every Christian tongue proclaim the joyful sound:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
The Comforter has come, the Comforter has come!
The Holy Ghost from Heav’n, the Father’s promise giv’n;
Oh, spread the tidings ’round, wherever man is found—
The Comforter has come!

2. The long, long night is past, the morning breaks at last,
And hushed the dreadful wail and fury of the blast,
As o’er the golden hills the day advances fast!
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:

3. Lo, the great King of kings, with healing in His wings,
To every captive soul a full deliv’rance brings;
And through the vacant cells the song of triumph rings;
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:

4. O boundless love divine! How shall this tongue of mine
To wond’ring mortals tell the matchless grace divine—
That I, a child of hell, should in His image shine!
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:

5. Sing till the echoes fly above the vaulted sky,
And all the saints above to all below reply,
In strains of endless love, the song that ne’er will die:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 1:00am On Oct 22, 2017

DATE: SUNDAY 22ND OCTOBER 2017

THEME: FULFIL YOUR CALLING

Memorise:
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 2 Timothy 4:5

Read: Romans 12:6-18

12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

12:7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

12:8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Yesterday, we discussed knowing and staying within your calling. One of the reasons why it is important for you to know and stay within your calling is to fulfill the purpose of your calling. Fulfilling your calling is therefore premised on you knowing and staying with your calling. We are instructed by the Lord to ensure the profitable use of the gifts given to us by the Holy Spirit - though not without caution that it should be done in faith. The bedrock of the use of the gifts the Holy Spirit gives and the offices our Lord Jesus Christ calls us into is love. This is why Paul, in 1 Corinthians 12:31, as a prologue to his exposition on love, said:

“But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.”

Without love, you cannot adequately fulfill your calling. Through the story of Jonah who was commissioned as a prophet to warn a perishing nation, we learn that without love, there is no way anyone can fulfill his or her calling. The office of the prophet is a desirable office among the fivefold offices in the Church (Ephesians 4:11). This was the office Jonah was called into. However, a lack of love for perishing souls almost made him to lose that office and his life (Jonah 1:1-15). Beloved, into what office have you been called? Are you fulfilling your calling? If not, do you know the cause? May be it is because your heart is lacking in love. 1 Corinthians 13:2 says:

“And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”

It is amazing to read that Jonah was angry because God decided to forgive the people of Nineveh after he had been forced to warn them to repent. Jonah 3:10-4:1 says,

“And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not. But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry.”

You cannot fulfill your calling if you don’t have love to operate it. Your gifts would just be monumental but without value. It takes love to be a successful administrator to say the least. It takes love to successfully do the work of an evangelist or teacher. Without love, you may own all the goods in the world and people dying of starvation will mean nothing to you. A pastor without love would just be milking the sheep to fatten himself up for perdition. Love is the excellent way of fulfilling your calling. Release your heart to love, and stay away from hate.

Prayer Point:

Father, please fill my heart with compassion and love, so that I may fulfill my calling in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:

1 Thessalonians 1-5
Daniel 11:7-19

HYMN 14: TAKE MT LIFE

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Tommfrench(m): 7:17am On Oct 22, 2017
God bless u bro....for all these posts
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:11am On Oct 23, 2017

DATE: MONDAY 23RD OCTOBER 2017

THEME: HIS THOUGHTS TOWARDS YOU

Memorise:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

Read: Isaiah 55:8 -13

55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

55:13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

The Almighty God has special promises for His children. These promises are great and their operation is not dependent on the condition of the economy of the nations where His children are located. When the Lord says, “it is well with you”, He is not saying this because of the things around you. He is saying so because of the things He is capable of doing. You can therefore rest assured, because there is no impossibility with Him. His thoughts and promises towards you are great and perfect, but there are keys required to unlock them. One of such keys is found in Psalm 37:37;

“Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.”

Righteousness is the key that ensures the enjoyment of God’s blessings in this world. The economy may be hard against other people of the land, but in the midst of the instability, God is saying it shall be well with the righteous. Isaiah 3:10 says,

“Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.”

The Almighty God knows how to make you experience peace in the midst of crisis. He knows how to lift you up when others are being cast down. He knows how to settle you while others are lamenting. This is because His thoughts towards you are not a function of the economic indices of your country. In hard times, there are lots of compromises made in business and also in practical Christian living, but the eyes of the Lord are fixed on us all the time and He is waiting to reward us according to our works. We must ensure that our stand for God does not change even in hard economic times. We must remain righteous in season and out of season. Others may compromise righteousness for the sake of gain, but you must remember the promises of God concerning your life. If Joseph had compromised his stance when the wife of his boss seductively approached him, he would not have emerged a deliverer in Egypt. There are those who put their trust in men and connections, but those who understand the greatness of God will follow God’s rules for their lives, because they know they cannot get anything better than what God has in store for them. No matter what and who they have access to, the righteous do not trust in themselves or man. Their trust is in the Name of the Lord. Everything that the branch needs is supplied by the Vine. The Vine has the roots that bring all the water and nourishment that the branch needs. This is why Philippians 4:19 says,

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

Therefore, trust in God’s promises and hold on to Him tenaciously. He will not fail.

Key Point:

Those who follow God are always partakers of good things.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:

2 Thessalonians 1-3
1 Timothy 1-2
Daniel 11:20-35

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOR

1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
All, all is well.
All must be well.

All will be well.
All, all is well.
All must be well.

All will be well.
All, all is well.
All must be well.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:57am On Oct 24, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 24th Oct., 2017.
THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU.

Memorise
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- Psalm 30:5.

Read: Job 1:13-19; Job 42:12-13.
1:13 And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
1:14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:
1:15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
1:16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
1:17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
1:18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
1:19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

42:12 So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
42:13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.

If you will ever achieve anything tangible in life, you need faith that hinges on God and that believes in possibilities. If our God could frame the universe through His word, then there is no situation or circumstance beyond His control (Hebrews 11:3). There is no situation in your life that He cannot reverse. He can bring hope to your life irrespective of the long-standing problems in it. In John 5:1-8, we see the story of a man at the pool of Bethesda, who had been in the same sad condition for 38 years. He claimed that the reason why he had not been made whole was because he had no man to assist him; but by the time the Lord Jesus came on the scene, his problems ceased without the help of any man. Irrespective of the many years of rejection you have suffered, the Almighty God is attending to your situation right now in Jesus’ Name. There are families that have lost so many things. They have been through all sorts of problems. In Genesis 18:1-10, we have the account of Abraham and Sarah, who had waited several years for the fulfillment of God’s promise. The angels of God finally visited them and assured them that their long awaited blessing was on the way. Despite all the odds stacked against them physiologically, God’s purpose was established in their lives. I speak the word of God to every family going through pains: the Almighty God will divinely visit you and settle you in Jesus’ Name.

There are some people in business who are already planning to close down their offices and outlets because of the situation of things. I want you to know that your moment of refreshing is on the way. Don’t quit, because the Almighty God will restore to you all that you have lost. Today’s Bible reading narrates how Job lost everything he had, from his children to his investments. However, the scripture tells us that the Almighty God arose and blessed his latter end than his beginning (Job 42:12). I want to assure you that irrespective of how harsh the economic climate is, the Almighty God will sort you out in Jesus’ Name. Also, there is hope for a nation. A closer look at all that is going on around the world would make anyone feel very uncomfortable. In 2 Kings 6:24-7:1, the economy of Samaria was very bad due to a siege. All the technocrats had tried all they could but things got out of hand. At the peak of this adverse situation, the man of God prophesied that things would change suddenly. Those who understand global economic indices said that this was impossible. The Almighty God however performed His word as He had spoken it. I announce to you that it is about to rain upon your life, family, career, business and nation in Jesus’ Name. God will intervene and put an end to your problems in Jesus’ Name.

Key Point:
Father, let my joy begin now.

HYMN 1: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2.  May Thy rich grace impart
My zeal inspire!
Oh, may my love to Thee
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
Be Thou my guide;
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

Shall o’er me roll;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 4:27am On Oct 26, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL 2017

Thursday October 26, 2017

AS YOU LAY YOUR BED!

Memorise : The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.- 2 Timothy 2:6

Read : Proverb 27:23-27

27:23 Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.

27:24 For riches are not for ever: and doth the crown endure to every generation?

27:25 The hay appeareth, and the tender grass sheweth itself, and herbs of the mountains are gathered.

27:26 The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.

27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Insincerity is a terrible character flaw that has led to the undoing of different generations of mankind. Take for instance Cain. He had no reason whatsoever not to have known that it was the nature and attitude of his sacrifice that made the Righteous God reject his offering. Furthermore, there was no justifiable reason whatsoever for him to have gone ahead to murder his brother, after he had been told that his wicked intentions were known to the Omniscient God. However, because he was not sincere to himself, he did what he did and he forever lived with its consequences.

One dimension of the insincerity of men is manifested when people speak or work against paying a labourer his due wages. If you are one of such people, please know that this character is not a part of God’s nature and His word is against it. In 1 Timothy 5:18, God said:

“...Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.”

Some people envy hardworking colleagues who are being promoted. As it is generally assumed, promotion comes with its responsibilities as well as attendant goodies and benefits. More often than not, people refuse to see the added responsibilities of a hardworking leader; they only see his or her derivable benefits. This attitude is not godly.

There are some valuable lessons on labour and reward which I would like to point out to you today.

First, I want you to know that since God has said that He who does not work should not eat, the righteousness of God makes it imperative that he who works must eat, (2 Thessalonians 3:10, 1 Timothy 5:18).

Secondly, as you lay your bed, so will you lie on it. The more diligent you are in business, the more comfortable you will be after fulfilling all godly conditions.

Thirdly, when you are diligent in your vocation, business or job, you will be promoted to lead, because Proverbs 12:24 says,

“The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.”

The fourth lesson I want you to note is that riches are not forever. However, they can endure on one condition: if you continue to be diligent at your business.

The fifth lesson is that God must be factored into whatever you do. Remember that except the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build it (Psalms 127:7). This consideration has to do with being faithful in paying tithes, offering, vows and the first fruits of your increase (Malachi 3:10, Psalm 50:14, Proverb 3:9).

Beloved, the most needful of all these is that you give your life to Christ and accept the redemption which He used His life to produce for all mankind. It shall be well with you.

PRAYER POINT :
Father, through the knowledge of Your word and Your Holy spirit, help me to be sincere with Your principles which govern being blessed in this world and the world to come.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Titus 1-3;
Philemon 1;
Hosea 1          

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING

1. There shall be showers of blessing:

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;

Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;

Refrain:

Now as on Jesus we call!

Refrain:

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.

Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:44am On Oct 27, 2017

DATE: FRIDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: THE ESSENCE OF SPIRITUAL OFFICE

Memorise:
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; Ephesians 4:11

Read: Ephesians 4:8-14
4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

When God calls a person into a spiritual office, it is because there are roles he wants such a person to play in the scheme of things as regards God’s agenda for man on earth. Spiritual offices are not just for the purpose of accumulating titles or occupying position. If you are called into a spiritual office, you are called to serve God, and to be a blessing to lives. God is the giver of all spiritual gifts through His Holy Spirit. However, it so obvious today that some people are not using the spiritual offices they occupy for God’s original purpose. If you have been called as a pastor, your responsibility is to raise a church and care for the spiritual needs of those God has placed in your trust as a pastor. Today, there are many sheep wandering away, because they are not being properly guided by the shepherds the Good Shepherd has set over them. There are members of the Body of Christ who cannot identify their left from their right, and for this reason the Holy Spirit in 2 Timothy 4:2, gave this mandate to those He has set over them as pastors:

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.”

Are you an evangelist? You are a preacher and messenger of the true gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. As an evangelist, you are to declare the entire counsel of God wherever you are. The word of the Lord should not be watered down because of the presence of certain people in your audience (Jeremiah 1:cool. You are to constantly remind your hearer of the genuine word of God and avoid messages that will not bring people to the knowledge of Christ and His saving works. If you are a teacher of the word, you have been gifted by the Holy Spirit to explain God’s word in order to build and equip the church. You are to communicate biblical truths effectively to the understanding of your hearers. Are you occupying the office of a prophet? If you are, you have been authorized by God to speak on His behalf.

There are lots of problems in the Body of Christ today because people are not using these spiritual offices for the purpose for which they were given by the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace has been given to everyone according to the measure of the gift of Christ; hence, it is important that people disengage from causing divisions within the Body of Christ. The offices are meant to complement one another for the perfecting of the saints and to edify the Body of Christ. The offices are to be used together for the unity of the church, so that God’s people can come into the full knowledge of Him.

Prayer Point:
Father, may Your grace upon my life not be in vain.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hebrew 1-4
Hosea 2

HYMN 14: TAKE MY LIFE

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 4:59am On Oct 28, 2017

DATE: SATURDAY 28TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: POVERTY OR RICHES?

Memorise:

The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7

Read: 2 Corinthians 8:7-9

8:7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.

8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.

8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

It is the ultimate desire of our Father to see that we are blessed. He wants all His children to dwell in His blessings (Psalm 92:13-14). It is not His desire that our lives should be at the mercy of unbelievers. The more wealth the Lord empowers us with, the more His Kingdom on earth should increase. Don’t believe those who tell you that as a child of God, you are not supposed to be wealthy. This is a false doctrine! It is written in God’s word that you are to lend to nations and not borrow (Deuteronomy 15:6). It is also recorded in God’s word that the blessings of the Lord make rich and add no sorrow (Proverbs 10:22). Furthermore, God says in His word that He wishes above all things that you prosper and be in good health (3 John 1:2). God has the key to all things, including all the wealth of this world. Psalm 24:1 says,

“The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.”

Although God’s word contains all these truths about wealth, as long as believers doubt their efficacy, they will never be able to access God’s wealth. Before you can take possession of God’s wealth, you need to have certain keys that will separate you from poverty and bring you to a realm of unprecedented riches of God. If the Almighty God gives you the power to get wealth, everything you touch automatically turns to riches. You need to acknowledge the fact that true and enduring wealth only comes from God. Deuteronomy 8:18 says,

“But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.”

Experiencing true riches is not about millions coming into your account. There are people who have experienced this several time, without the grace to retain such riches. God wants to bless you and also give you the power to retain His blessings. The type of riches that comes without any element of sorrow in it is what God desires for you and your children’s children.

God is against wealth obtained through sin. It doesn’t matter how much you contribute to the work of God, if your money is not earned legitimately, you are placing a curse on yourself and your contributions to the kingdom project will not deliver you from God’s judgment (Proverb 21:27). If God’s children would fear and obey His principle for wealth creation, poverty will become a thing of the past in their lives. You have to hate poverty because a poor man will always live another man’s life. If you seek the righteousness of God, all other things will be added to you.

Prayer Point:

Father, separate me from all forms of ungodly riches and poverty.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hebrew 5-8
Hosea 3-4

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING

1. There shall be showers of blessing:

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;

Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;

Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Now as on Jesus we call!

Refrain:

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.

Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 4:49am On Oct 29, 2017

DATE: SUNDAY 29TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: TURN PROPHECIES INTO REALITIES     

Memorise:

This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;                           1 Timothy 1:18

Read: James 5:17-18

5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

5:18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

A prophecy is of little or no good to the one it has been sent if it does not move from the realm of the spirit into the physical realm. Your attitude to prophecy plays a great role in determining its manifestation in the physical world. Today’s Bible reading tells us how best to relate with prophecies. Through it, we understand that it is important to pray before making a decree and also after you prophesy. At a time when the nation of Israel was in the grip of a serious national backsliding, Elijah stood before King Ahab and decreed that there would be no rain until he reversed the decree (1 Kings 17:1). Immediately after he made this decree, he went into seclusion. The King only heard the decree, but he did not know what went on behind the scenes. Apostle James tells us that Elijah prayed earnestly before he made this decree. After the nation had experienced intense famine for 3 & 1/2 years, God asked Elijah to show himself again to the king. Elijah then stood before King Ahab on Mount Carmel and told him to celebrate because he had heard the sound of abundant rain (1Kings 18:41-46). He said this only after he had successfully turned the backslidden hearts of the children of Israel back to God. After making this declaration to Ahab, he left the presence of the King, fell on his face and prayed earnestly to God until his prophecy came to pass.

Never make a decree or release a prophecy without the backing of prayer. Several people have received certain prophecies that they knew without a doubt was meant for them, and yet they have not witnessed their manifestation in their lives, even while several others are testifying of the fulfillment of the same prophecies in their own lives. What could be wrong? The difference is that some heard, received the prophecy and prayed for its fulfillment, while others heard, received it, but did nothing afterwards. The good thing is that all is not lost; every prophecy that has been spoken into your life or that you have received is still hanging around in the spirit realm, waiting for you to bring it into the realm of the physical through your earnest prayer. A man who had been barren for over 30 years once asked God what he should do, and God said he should wait. When he attended one of our meetings, a prophecy came forth saying “the waiting period is over”. He thanked God, received it and prayed earnestly. That month, his wife conceived. Go ahead and pray for the manifestation of every prophecy God has sent to you that is yet to become reality in your life.

Key Point:
Every prophecy can become reality if only you can apply the tool of effective, persistent prayer.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hebrew 9-10
Hosea 5-6   

HYMN 1: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
My zeal inspire!
Oh, may my love to Thee
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
Be Thou my guide;
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rev. Chris Okotie’s Got A Love Child After 3 Abortions / Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous / Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 366
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.