Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? (1757 Views)

Living With Neighbors That Hate Dog. / I Love Dogs, But Never Had One For Long / Why Do You Love Dogs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
I actually created this thread Cox I was curious.... Today I wanted to kill a kitten (young cat) but as it saw us, the kitten was shivering. It was in our toilet, no escape route, so wen it noticed that there was no escape route, immediately I notice it was shaking, as in shivering as in trembling.. Then I felt pitiful for it cox I will feel guilty if they eventually kill it n told them not to kill it again since it has offended no one.. Living it normal life just like dog lives tooo... Why do people hate cats but love dog..

Moderators abeg help me post am for front page.. Thanks
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Rapmaestro(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
because cats are believed to be instrument of witches and wizards
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by acenazt: 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
You don't say! Seriously you haven't been to The north
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
Most Nigerians are superstitious ignoramuses who believe that cats are evil creatures..or witches in disguise.
It's quite hilarious.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by DannyJ19(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
most pple believes cat are witches in disguise

na nollywood cause am....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by feldido(m): 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
We are too Superstitious, especially the Clergyman.

They would tell u that it's the cat in ur house that's giving u bad omen.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Kondomatic(m): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
colik:
Most Nigerians are superstitious ignoramuses who believe that cats are evil creatures..or witches in disguise.
It's quite hilarious.
You sound like a stupid person, no offense.

How can you say most Nigerians? Do you think it's only Nigerians that hate cats?

You're the irredeemable ignoramus here if you think so.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Nutase: 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2017
Why do Nigerians prefer hollow rice to other varieties.?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
You sound like a stupid person, no offense.

How can you say most Nigerians? Do you think it's only Nigerians that hate cats?

You're the irredeemable ignoramus here if you think so.
You my friend,are quite hilarious.

The op was specific in his 'heading' and I'm a Nigerian.
But you didn't catch that did you?
You just decided to insult someone who did nothing at all to you. Quite admirable I must say.

Thanks for the pointer...do you hate cats? smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Kondomatic(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
colik:

You my friend,are quite hilarious.

The op was specific in his 'heading' and I'm a Nigerian.
But you didn't catch that did you?
You just decided to insult someone who did nothing at all to you. Quite admirable I must say.

Thanks for the pointer...do you hate cats? smiley
You said most Nigerians are superstitious ignoramuses......

That's the only reason for hating cats according to you.

Yes I dislike cats, I have never seen such creepy animals with inexplicable trust issues.

It gives you that I don't trust you look even when you're feeding it.

It looks at you like "you resemble rat o" When it's hungry.

It's mean and wicked. shits on your bed and covers it with bed sheet.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by daniska3yaro(m): 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
Hmm
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
You said most Nigerians are superstitious ignoramuses......

That's the only reason for hating cats according to you.

Yes I dislike cats, I have never seen such creepy animals with inexplicable trust issues.

It gives you that I don't trust you look even when you're feeding it.

It looks at you like "you resemble rat o" When it's hungry.

It's mean and wicked. shits on your bed and covers it with bed sheet.
Yes I did...I didn't say all.

Have you ever fed a hungry cat?
Humour me.

And for the record...that's no reason to hate or dislike them.
Just as I wouldn't say I hate or dislike you because you obviously have lotsa issues..
I'm too nice to be mean to completely harmless creatures smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Kondomatic(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
colik:

Yes I did...I didn't say all.
You don't know up to 5% of Nigerians so saying most was wrong.

It is a baseless assertion.

colik:

Have you ever fed a hungry cat?
Are you kidding me? We had one when I was young and I once had one in my house but watching it torture rat to death for fun made me sell it.

Secondly, I don't like a pet that steals fish.

colik:

And for the record...that's no reason to hate or dislike them.
They are more than enough for me.

colik:

Just as I wouldn't say I hate or dislike you because you obviously have lotsa issues..Now would I?
She is off again.

How did you come to that unfounded and premature conclusion?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
You don't know up to 5% of Nigerians so saying most was wrong.

It is a baseless assertion.

Are you kidding me? We had one when I was young and I once had one in my house but watching it torture rat to death for fun made me sell it.

Secondly, I don't like a pet that steals fish.

They are more than enough for me.

She is off again.

How did you come to that unfounded and premature conclusion?

You didn't answer my question. smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Baroba(m): 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
Fake Pentecostal pastors have surely done a huge number on us, its either " your village people" or " your neighbours cat".. I use to have a cat and it was all black in colour.. It never hindered my progress as a human being..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by dyangprof(m): 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
because dey easily gbabode's
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Kondomatic(m): 7:14am On Jan 03, 2017
colik:

You didn't answer my question. smiley
What is your question
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by katanagirl08: 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Apparently nobody here has been to the North before...i assure you there are more cat lovers there than dog lovers. Ppl in the north dont like to keep dogs for strict religious reasons . Cats are seen as very clean creatures compared to dogs in the eyes of muslims.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats But Love Dogs? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
me I like cats,fkuc what anyone thinks

(1) (Reply)

My Strong Lhasa Just Dropped 8 Strong Puppies / Cute Female Monkey For Sale / Who Wants This Eskimo Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.