Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members (2962 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Mountain Of Fire Pastor Dupes A Widow In Lagos (Photos) / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by jnrbayano(m): 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
Splinz:

That is not name calling my friend. I'm giving you a classic example of the hypocrisy of the Pharisees in Luke 20:1-8.

I tell you, do not think you can trap me in words.

Okay
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Honestly your counter points are laughable.

Why you've chosen to display your crass ignorance of everything because of silly ego is what I don't understand. One was hoping that as an expert that you claimed to be in Scriptures, you'd conveniently counter all of my points with your superior arguments.

But how disappointing! Since the start of this thread of yours, (initially I thought you wanted to know God's mind concerning your pagan ways, not knowing you're looking for who to engage in useless wrangling [Titus 3:9]) you've not been able to get even a single biblical truth, but blunders upon blunders. And worse of it all is your prideful attitude which is doing you more harm than good.

For the very last time, I'd indulge your nauseating ignorance again.

Did Churches exist during Jesus lifetime, [s]so how come he was addressing non-existent churches?[/s]

The first part of this question is YES! While the second one is another display of ignorance!

While the New Testament Church only came into being in AD 31 (Day of Pentecost), the Church has already existed in the wilderness (Acts 7:38, KJV), right in the days of Moses. Of course, this is staggering knowledge to people like you.

Now, what is it you understand by the word "CHURCH"? A magnificent edifice with an inscription: Ave Maria Catholic Church? Get it!

The Greek word translated "church" in the New Testament is ekklesia, meaning “a calling out,” especially as a religious congregation. Christians are indeed called out of this world (John 15:19; 17:14)—its ways—its customs—its practices—its traditions—its false knowledge and false doctrines—and into the true Church, and fellowship with God and Christ (I John 1:3).

God thunders this to all His people: “Wherefore COME OUT from among them [the world], and be you separate...and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty” (II Cor. 6:17-18).

May God help you to come out of the Babylon of this world (Rev. 18:4).

Does Christian doctrine end when you leave your church premise or is it supposed to be a way of life?

Now armed with the knowledge of what the church is, you should know that the disciples were the church.

Again I repeat, Matthew 23:8-10 is only binding in the church. To even suggest that it is binding generally sounds very silly because it also paints Jesus as being unreasonable (I speak as a fool: 2 Corinthians 11:23) for setting such an unattainable standard.

But no, let God be true and every man a liar (Romans 3:4).

You are quick to criticize anything attached to Catholic but refuse to remove the large rod in your own cornea. Where was "General Overseer" mentioned in the Bible?

If catholics are wrong for calling their priests "father" according to your judgment why do you call your pastors, bishops, and general overseers "Daddy" and "Daddy in the Lord" what is the difference between the word "Father" and "Daddy"? Also you didn't stop there, their wives also have titles "Mamma" "Mummy""Mummy in the Lord" where was this written in the Bible?

When I talked of your Catholic church, I'm referring by extension to her harlot daughters. Or do you not know that your R.C is a mother with protesting children everywhere?

Again I'd tell you this. Please stop dragging me into your "churchanity". I do not have anyone I called "daddy in the Lord" "mummy in the Lord" or whatever nonsense you called them.

And what is it you mean by "according to my judgement"? Am I now Jesus that gave the commands

(Romans 14:4) who are you to judge the servant of someone else? It is their own master who will decide whether they succeed or fail. AND THEY WILL SUCCEED BECAUSE THE LORD IS ABLE TO MAKE THEM SUCCEED.

(Romans 14:5-6) Some people think that a certain day is more important than other days, while others think that all days are the same. We each should firmly make up our own minds. Those who think highly of a certain day DO SO IN HONOR OF THE LORD... . Go and meditate on this scripture before you pass judgement on those who choose to Honor God on December 25th.

(Matt 4:4) Can you name anyone who obeyed all the laws that proceedeth from God's mouth without unmerited favor (grace)? Of course it is possible but canal man cannot do it alone

I have finish with you. If you like, you can keep on running from pillar to post in your futile attempts to justify your pagan Christmas. One was hoping you'll make even the flimsy of excuse by addressing Scriptures like Jeremiah 10:2-3 and others scattered everywhere. But no, you'd rather throw random Scriptures, understanding neither what you say nor the things which you affirm (1 Timothy 1:7), thereby twisting these Scriptures to your hurt (2 Peter 3:16).

Again let me help you understand another thing. Your undying love for pagan ways is not as if it is bored out of righteousness, no, very far from it. Your insatiable lust for the ways of the heathens is "because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be" (Romans 8:7). This is your problem! This is why except by God's mercy you're giving the missing component, you'll celebrate the heathen ways till you die, like you've said.

I am done with you, and will only respond to you again only if you come up with something reasonable. Or better still, ask to be taught. After all, there's no shame in learning. Bye now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Splinz:
Pidgin2:

Why you've chosen to display your crass ignorance of everything because of silly ego is what I don't understand. One was hoping that as an expert that you claimed to be in Scriptures, you'd conveniently counter all of my points with your superior arguments.

But how disappointing! Since the start of this thread of yours, (initially I thought you wanted to know God's mind concerning your pagan ways, not knowing you're looking for who to engage in useless wrangling [Titus 3:9]) you've not been able to get even a single biblical truth, but blunders upon blunders. And worse of it all is your prideful attitude which is doing you more harm than good.

For the very last time, I'd indulge your nauseating ignorance again.

The first part of this question is YES! While the second one is another display of ignorance!

While the New Testament Church only came into being in AD 31 (Day of Pentecost), the Church has already existed in the wilderness (Acts 7:38, KJV), right in the days of Moses. Of course, this is staggering knowledge to people like you.

Now, what is it you understand by the word "CHURCH"? A magnificent edifice with an inscription: Ave Maria Catholic Church? Get it!

The Greek word translated "church" in the New Testament is ekklesia, meaning “a calling out,” especially as a religious congregation. Christians are indeed called out of this world (John 15:19; 17:14)—its ways—its customs—its practices—its traditions—its false knowledge and false doctrines—and into the true Church, and fellowship with God and Christ (I John 1:3).

God thunders this to all His people: “Wherefore COME OUT from among them [the world], and be you separate...and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty” (II Cor. 6:17-18).

May God help you to come out of the Babylon of this world (Rev. 18:4).

Now armed with the knowledge of what the church is, you should know that the disciples were the church.

Again I repeat, Matthew 23:8-10 is only binding in the church. To even suggest that it is binding generally sounds very silly because it also paints Jesus as being unreasonable (I speak as a fool: 2 Corinthians 11:23) for setting such an unattainable standard.

But no, let God be true and every man a liar (Romans 3:4).

When I talked of your Catholic church, I'm referring by extension to her harlot daughters. Or do you not know that your R.C is a mother with protesting children everywhere?

Again I'd tell you this. Please stop dragging me into your "churchanity". I do not have anyone I called "daddy in the Lord" "mummy in the Lord" or whatever nonsense you called them.

And what is it you mean by "according to my judgement"? Am I now Jesus that gave the commands

I have finish with you. If you like, you can keep on running from pillar to post in your futile attempts to justify your pagan Christmas. One was hoping you'll make even the flimsy of excuse by addressing Scriptures like Jeremiah 10:2-3 and others scattered everywhere. But no, you'd rather throw random Scriptures, understanding neither what you say nor the things which you affirm (1 Timothy 1:7), thereby twisting these Scriptures to your hurt (2 Peter 3:16).

Again let me help you understand another thing. Your undying love for pagan ways is not as if it is bored out of righteousness, no, very far from it. Your insatiable lust for the ways of the heathens is [b]"because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be"[/b] (Romans 8:7). This is your problem! This is why except by God's mercy you're giving the missing component, you'll celebrate the heathen ways till you die, like you've said.

I am done with you, and will only respond to you again only if you come up with something reasonable. Or better still, ask to be taught. After all, there's no shame in learning. Bye now.

I also will not reply your post again because it seems the more you post, the more you sin unknowingly, you are so self righteous that your sins are before you yet you are blind to see it and you are too proud to examine yourself lest you fall

First of all it took you over 12hrs to come up with another epistle of gibberish.

The church began in acts 7:38?!Lord have mercy, "He is the one who was there with our ancestors and with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and he received God's living messages to pass on to us" Did God not speak to priests and prophets in the old testament, were these people known as Jews or Christians? Your ignorance of the scriptures scares me, all because you cannot accept the reality of your nativity in Christian history

Read acts 1:3-11, this is where the believers (Christ's followers /Christians) became known by that name. Or were the Jews in the old testament Christ's followers?

Matt 23:8-10) Did Jesus specify to you that this doctrine ended in the Church? I would like you to quote the Verse where he specified it but if you assume he specified it without quoting the scriptures to support it then I can say it is unbiblical because it wasn't stated in the Bible and according to you anything that isn't stated in the word of God is unbiblical.

So it's okay for pentecostal to use such unbiblical titles afterall you are not part of them but Catholics are harlots? Let me ask you, are you part of the Catholic Church? So if nothing concerns you with what pentecostal call their General Overseers and pastors why should you be pained by what we call ours when we have nothing to do with you?

Who are you to pass judgment on me for celebrating Christmas, how is it possible that you claim to know the secret thoughts and motives behind my actions, are you God? Why judge things you have no clue about, you need to confess your sins, humble yourself and ask God for forgiveness unless you want God to humble you himself and believe me He will do it soon going by this attitude of yours.

Again I ask you "who are you to judge the servant of someone else? (Romans 14:4) Are Catholics your servants that you pass judgment on us?

" It is their own master who will decide whether they succeed or not and they will succeed because the Lord is able to make them succeed "

" Those who think highly of a certain day (December 25th Christmas day) do so in honor of the Lord (Romans 14:6) this is what the scripture says, read it and stop arguing
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by bukiboy(m): 4:14am On Feb 13, 2017
Splinz and Pidgin2 una don try well well. all this talk about pentecostal church and catholic no need oooooo. me am sure say no be the church you attend go carry you reach heaven and all those una Bible quotes sef no fit help.

It will be beta if una change your ways, forget about pentecostal or catholic and follow JESUS and wetin he tell us to do. una even go into history how the Bible was compiled, kudos to una.

Jesus talk say make una no worship any other GOD expect God Jehovah and make una love your neighbour as you love yasef

Pidgin2 why you dey vex when Splinz dey attack catholic? no be you first dey attack MFM. i dey wait una two for heaven, my warning be say make una make sure say i see una for heaven if not i go carry this threads dey and laugh una for heaven.

Pidgin2 serve ya God as you please ooooo, no come here to talk about another church all in the name of making thread that na sin i hope say you know. i don talk my own join. none of una fit fight GOD fight, make una go sidon for one side. yeye people come here dey disturb me with Bible verses, even satan sabi Bible pass una.

I wish i be president for naija, na two things i go first do;

1. cancel state of origin
2. stop all religious activities, if you wan worship God do am inside your room and you no fit talk about it outside. religion na part of our problem for naija because when we suppose use our brain, churches go dey call for revival and prayer session.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have Any Question Concerning Christian Faith, Ask / Does Drinking Urine Solve Spiritual Problems? / Introduction To Ifa Religoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.