Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

What Do The Scholars Say? - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Do The Scholars Say? (25525 Views)

COVID-19: Muslim Organizations, Scholars Move Ramadan Tafsir Online / Ahlu Sunnah Scholars Fatawa On Bida'h / Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
AbdelKabir has a thread on how to deal with such people.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
I am curious about reciting the Qur'an when one does not know the Tajweed ruling. If the person recites it wrongly, it is possible to alter the meaning. So what is the ruling on reciting the Qur'an without Tajweed?

Are they also considered those who recite Qur'an with difficulty that the prophet ( peace and blessing be upon him) mentioned.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2017
The hadith about loving one's homeland being from faith *MODIFIED* is Not to be attributed to the prophet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kMmenC1n1w

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 14, 2017
Is a woman being alone with a male driver considered Khulwa?

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him)

It is not permissible for a woman to travel with a driver who is not her mahram when there is no one else with them, because this comes under the ruling on khulwah (being alone with a member of the opposite sex). It was narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man should be alone with a (non-mahram) woman unless her mahram is also present.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5233; Muslim, 1341). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man should ever be alone with a non-mahram woman because the Shaytaan will be the third one present.”

But if there is one or more other men present, or one or more other women, then there is nothing wrong with that, because there is nothing dubious in this case, since there is no khulwah when there are three or more people present.

This has to do with situations that are not regarded as travelling [i.e., journeys within one’s city or town etc]. With regard to travelling, it is not permissible for a woman to travel without a mahram, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel without a mahram.” (Saheeh – agreed upon).

It makes no difference whether the travel is by land, by air or by sea. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/556

Additionally Shakh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Undoubtedly if a person travels with his mahram, such as his wife or a female relative, in the same car, that is better and is more on the safe side. But if there is a group of cars travelling together and making stops together, then there is nothing wrong with putting the women in one car and the men in the other car. But it is essential that the driver of the (women’s) car should not get separated from the car in which the male mahrams are, so that the mahram can keep an eye on the car in which his female mahram is.

Fataawa al-‘Uthaymeen, 21/216

https://islamqa.info/en/211092

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
snapscore:
I am curious about reciting the Qur'an when one does not know the Tajweed ruling. If the person recites it wrongly, it is possible to alter the meaning. So what is the ruling on reciting the Qur'an without Tajweed?

Are they also considered those who recite Qur'an with difficulty that the prophet ( peace and blessing be upon him) mentioned.

https://islamqa.info/en/125106
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
snapscore:

Jazakallahu khyran!!!

Wa iyyãki
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 10:16am On Apr 15, 2017
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
إِذَا تَشَهَّدَ أَحَدُكُمْ فَلْيَسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ مِنْ أَرْبَعٍ ، يَقُولُ : اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ جَهَنَّمَ ، وَمِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ ، وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ ، وَمِنْ شَرِّ فِتْنَةِ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّالِ

(The messenger of Allaah said: ) "whenever one of you is to say tashahhud(in the last sitting as clarified in another version) he should seek refuge with Allaah from four(things), he will say: Oh Allaah I seek refuge with you from the punishment of hellfire, from the punishment of the grave, from the trials of life and death and from the trials of the false Messiah "

Its in sahih muslim, you can also check here https://islamqa.info/ar/133016

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
^^
I heard that some scholars say its obligatory to say that.

For the transliteration-

Allahuma ini a'uudu bika min adhabil jahannam wa min adhabil- qabr wa min fitnatil mahya wa mamati wa min sharri fitnati masihid- dajal
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
snapscore:
^^
I heard that some scholars say its obligatory to say that.

For the transliteration-

Allahuma ini a'uudu bika min adhabil jahannam wa min adhabil- qabr wa min fitnatil mahya wa mamati wa min sharri fitnati masihid- dajal

Na'am its obligatory, in fact had a discussion on it today with my ustaadh..

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
QUESTION AND ANSWER WITH SHAYKH, DR SHAROF GBADEBO ROOJI (HAFIDHOHULLAAH)

Questioner: A boy excommunicated his father due to his ignorance, and his father is now dead. What should he do now that he realizes his mistake?

Dr Sharof: What is certain is that he has done a frivolous act. This is because what we do not know today we may know it tomorrow.

Sometimes, it may not (really) be the fault of such individuals, he might have been brainwashed by his clans. Since his teacher has excommunicated his own father, he and his comrades might have planned to follow suit. And as such, they move to their fathers saying, ‘Father, you have now been awarded the degree of the renegades’.

The Congregation: Laughing mode activated!

Dr Sharof: We seek refuge with Allaah! We are afraid that some people ascribing themselves to Sunnah in our societies are only trying to mar the reputation of Sunnah. This shenanigan is not from the Sunnah. We need to seek knowledge! We need to seek knowledge!!

As for the boy who excommunicated his father who is now dead, he should continue to seek forgiveness for himself and continue to supplicate a lot on behalf of his father. He should pray the mercies of Allaah upon his father, and ask Allaah to make his father be from the people of Al-Jannah. As he continues with this, we beseech Allaah to make it suffice him as a way by which he his forgiven regarding the mistake. Na’am.

[SOURCE: “QUESTION AND ANSWER ON THE HARM OF TAKFEER”; TIME: “52 minutes 02 seconds to 53 minutes 21 seconds”]
Translated by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 19, 2017
QUESTION (438)
Is it permissible for a member of the congregation to stand in front of the Imaam?

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION
Praise be to Allaah.
The correct view is that it is obligatory for the Imaam to stand in front, and it is not permissible for a member of the congregation to stand in front of the Imaam, because the Imaam is supposed to be an example and his place is in front of the members of the congregation, so it is not permissible for a person to pray in front of the Imaam.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray in front of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), and based on that, the prayer of those who pray in front of the Imaam does not count, and they have to repeat their prayer.
But some scholars made an exception in cases of necessity, such as if the mosque is small and there is not enough room for everyone; in that case they may pray to the right and the left of the Imaam, and in front of him and behind him, because of necessity.

See: Majmoo’ Fataawa Ash-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, (13/44).
May Almighty Allaah accept our prayer as an act of worship.
«Abu Mardiy Kewdirôrun At-thaqoofiy»

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Are movies and cartoons the same?

The basic principle with regard to adults watching cartoons for fun is that it is permissible, so long as they are free of anything that is contrary to Islamic teaching such as corrupt beliefs, music and so on.But that should be done on rare occasions and only for a short time.

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid
https://islamqa.info/en/225149

I am happy I found this because I have always thought that cartoons had the same ruling as movies.

2 Likes

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
QUESTION (438)
Is it permissible for a member of the congregation to stand in front of the Imaam?

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION
Praise be to Allaah.
The correct view is that it is obligatory for the Imaam to stand in front, and it is not permissible for a member of the congregation to stand in front of the Imaam, because the Imaam is supposed to be an example and his place is in front of the members of the congregation, so it is not permissible for a person to pray in front of the Imaam.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray in front of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), and based on that, the prayer of those who pray in front of the Imaam does not count, and they have to repeat their prayer.
But some scholars made an exception in cases of necessity, such as if the mosque is small and there is not enough room for everyone; in that case they may pray to the right and the left of the Imaam, and in front of him and behind him, because of necessity.

See: Majmoo’ Fataawa Ash-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, (13/44).
May Almighty Allaah accept our prayer as an act of worship.
«Abu Mardiy Kewdirôrun At-thaqoofiy»

Growing up, I remember in the mosque I used to pray, there was this very old man on wheelchair that was always beside the Imaam like 3 steps to the right. I wonder what's the ruling on that
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by tintingz(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
snapscore:
Are movies and cartoons the same?

The basic principle with regard to adults watching cartoons for fun is that it is permissible, so long as they are free of anything that is contrary to Islamic teaching such as corrupt beliefs, music and so on.But that should be done on rare occasions and only for a short time.

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid
https://islamqa.info/en/225149

I am happy I found this because I have always thought that cartoons had the same ruling as movies.

This is caging, you guys should free yourselves. Gosh!
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
عن إبن مسعود وإبن عباس رضي الله عنهما "من أفتي في كل ما يسأل فهو مجنون"

Narrated on the Authority of Ibn Mas'ood and Ibn 'Abbaas (May Allaah Be Please With Them Both):

Whoever Issues a Fatwa for everything that is asked about, then he is Insane.

Taken from Adaabul 'aalim wa muta'allim wa Ahkaamul iftaah of imam An-nawawi......

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 12:26am On Apr 21, 2017
AbdelKabir:
عن إبن مسعود وإبن عباس رضي الله عنهما "من أفتي في كل ما يسأل فهو مجنون"

Narrated on the Authority of Ibn Mas'ood and Ibn 'Abbaas (May Allaah Be Please With Them Both):

Whoever Issues a Fatwa for everything that is asked about, then he is Insane.

Taken from Adaabul 'aalim wa muta'allim wa Ahkaamul iftaah of imam An-nawawi......

Once a man came to Imam Malik from a very far distance and he asked him 40 questions. Imam Malik only answered four of them and for the rest of the 36 questions he replied, “I don’t know.”

The man was surprised and asked Imam Malik “what should I tell people about these 36 questions for which you said (I don’t know)?” Imam Malik replied that the man should tell the people that Malik says: “I don’t know,” “I don’t know,” “I don’t know.”

Imam Malik said this 3 times.

So fun won wipe Malik omo Anas ko ni ìdáhun fun awon ibeere yi grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 12:28am On Apr 21, 2017
Are there are any scholarly opinions regarding where Adam and Hawa landed after their eviction from Jannah?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 21, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Once a man came to Imam Malik from a very far distance and he asked him 40 questions. Imam Malik only answered four of them and for the rest of the 36 questions he replied, “I don’t know.”

The man was surprised and asked Imam Malik “what should I tell people about these 36 questions for which you said (I don’t know)?” Imam Malik replied that the man should tell the people that Malik says: “I don’t know,” “I don’t know,” “I don’t know.”

Imam Malik said this 3 times.

So fun won wipe Malik omo Anas ko ni ìdáhun fun awon ibeere yi grin cheesy

Truly its a grave issue to be giving verdicts when you not sure especially when you know people will take your words seriously...

This is why at times I might know the answer to a question but won't answer because I'm having minor doubts.....I already have enough sins abeg...

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2017
The Awrah of the Women When it Comes to her Mahrams
Question:

What is the extent of the awrah of a woman with her maternal uncles, paternal uncles and her brothers, in the house?
Answer:

She is allowed to show to her Mahrams: her face, head, neck, hands, arms, feet, shanks (the part of the lower limb between the knee and the ankle), and she should cover everything else other then that.
Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen
Hijab Marya wa zinatuqa, page 43
Translated by Muhammad Elmi
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 21, 2017
The Length of the Islamic Beard
Question:

I request your Eminence to make clear the ruling on shaving the beard, or removing anything from it, and what is the legislated area of the beard?
Answer:

Shaving the beard is forbidden, because it is disobedience to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam), for the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) said: Grow your beards and shorten your moustaches. [1] And because it is a departure for the guidance of the Messengers to the guidance of the Zoroastrians and the polytheists. The legislated area of the beard is as defined by the scholars of the language, which is that it is the facial hair, the jaws and the cheeks, that is, the hair on the cheeks, jaws and chin - all of this is the beard. And removing anything from it is an act of disobedience and also, because the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) said: Grow your beards. [2] and: Leave your beards. [3] and: Let your beards... [4] and: Expand your beards... [5] - and this proves that it is not permitted to remove anything from it, however, acts of disobedience differ, so shaving is worse then removing part of it, because it is a greater and clearer violation then removing part of it, because it is a greater and clearer violation then removing a part of it.

Footnotes;

[1] Ahmad 2/52.
[2] Ahmad 2/52.
[3] Muslim no. 260.
[4] Al-Bukhari no. 5892
[5] Muslim no. 259.

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 21, 2017
See this deviant sufis.....

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
Lol
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
AbuHammaad:
Lol

The man is a lecturer of Islamic studies in unilorin o....PhD holder. .
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
AbdelKabir:

The man is a lecturer of Islamic studies in unilorin o....PhD holder. .

Smh!

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Empiree: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
^^^

Those guys you see up there (your posts), they are just like you. The difference is that they voice everything out.

From my dialogue with them about expressing themselves that way shows they are just one of the many people who believe their way is what it is and that's it. They dont want to hear other views. That's what the guys meant up there for saying 'it is baye none else". Or "he is representative here on earth". etc

Those are unnecessary utterances. But definitely not words of kufr. I just told them to take it easy and i shot the door behind me. They are usually kids with self-made "love" for their shiekh. None of them met sheikh Niyas(ra) alive and he is not responsible for them.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
AbuHammaad:
Are there are any scholarly opinions regarding where Adam and Hawa landed after their eviction from Jannah?

https://islamqa.info/en/141280

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Suggest Threads For Frontpage Here / 10 Amazing Miracles Of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) / Meet Sumayyah Shuaibu Salisu Who Writes Holy Quran In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.