Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

What Do The Scholars Say? - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Do The Scholars Say? (25613 Views)

COVID-19: Muslim Organizations, Scholars Move Ramadan Tafsir Online / Ahlu Sunnah Scholars Fatawa On Bida'h / Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by busar(m): 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
Demmzy15:
I was beginning to think maybe you used to fa gbo grin grin But do you fa gbo Boda Taiwo?
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Demmzy15(m): 8:37am On Mar 17, 2017
Empiree:
Awon omo jegbo de for Jamaica plenty. Thats y America banned visa lottery there
grin grin Buh they don ban for here too na?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Demmzy15(m): 8:39am On Mar 17, 2017
tintingz:
Yes, the Igbo joint you introduced me in ajegunle. Yeye grin
Boda Taiwo, me no dey fa gbo na! grin
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2017
Demmzy15:

Salam alaykum

Is it actually banned in Nigeria? Since when?

Someone asked me a few days ago and I was like yeah we have American visa lottery.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Demmzy15(m): 11:14am On Mar 17, 2017
snapscore:

Salam alaykum

Is it actually banned in Nigeria? Since when?

Someone asked me a few days ago and I was like yeah we have American visa lottery.
Uktee we've been banned o, no visa lottery. I don't even think any country does that again, they banned it like last year or 2years ago because I can remember listening to channels news that night.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 17, 2017
Demmzy15:
Uktee we've been banned o, no visa lottery. I don't even think any country does that again, they banned it like last year or 2years ago because I can remember listening to channels news that night.

Wow so it wasn't even recent.

I need to update my knowledge.

Shukran for the update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
Fear Allāh and don't derail this thread

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Empiree: 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
Demmzy15:
I didnt know that. My sister was just telling me last week. And I just read on it now. Nigeria was not banned because of fraud or crime. The reason Nigeria was amongst US visa lottery was to promote nigeria populationi n the US. Now they have reached their limit and the reason they stopped the program. Here is what US rep said

“As at today, Nigerians have graduated from being under-represented to being a fully well represented group in the U.S.

“There is therefore no longer any need to encourage Nigerians to apply to travel to the U.S. through the Diversity-Visa-Programme.

“Already there are too many Nigerians in the U.S. that have benefited from this programme,’’ he said.

The Envoy explained that the diversity visa was created to promote countries with low rates of immigration to the US."

http://dailypost.ng/2013/09/19/u-s-envoy-explains-nigerians-ban-from-2015-visa-lottery/
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 6:34am On Mar 18, 2017
*How we differ with Ikhwaan*
*al-Muslimeen*
*أهـم النقاط التـي تختلفون أنتم*
*و*
*الإخـوان المسلمون*

By
Shaykh
Muqbil bin Hadi al-Wada'aee

للشيخ
مقبل بن هادي الوادعي
رحمه الله تعالى

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya
Miraath Publications

The Shaykh was asked:

What are the most important points in which you and Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen differ and is it possible to remedy them?

The Shaykh answered:

The most important point is that we direct to *the Sunnah* and they direct towards *the Chair* (leadership).

It is possible to remedy this if they return to the Sunnah. As for us, then it is not possible for us to surrender anything from the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa ala Ahli-hee wa sallam- for the sake of the worldly life.

We do not say: 'The end justifies the means!' Rather we say: Indeed we have been ordered with al-Isteeqama [being upright & righteous], and the victory comes from Allaah.

[From 'Makhraj min al-Fitna p.163]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 3:04am On Mar 19, 2017
I should be able to add more to this thread on Monday Insha Allah
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
QUESTION AND ANSWER WITH USTAADH LUKMAAN IDREES (HAFIDHOHULLAAH)

Questioner: How should women correct men if they err?

Ustaadh Lukmaan Idrees Sekoni:

All perfect praise is for Allaah alone. If a man errs, how can his wife correct him? There are many ways by which women could correct their husbands. The ways are even more than that of the men which we (had earlier) explained. Allaah says, “Verily, your efforts are diverse (different in aims and purposes)” [Soorah al-Layl (92):4]. Women are to correct men with tranquility. Allaah gave women some powers with which they can rectify men no matter how men may be hardhearted. Women need not be taught such ways, it is natural. I hope it is understood. There is no need mentioning it to those women who asked the question. Rectify men with the power Allaah gave you. I hope it is understood.

There are many examples of such (rectification). When the (Divine) Revelation to the Prophet first commenced he was overwhelmed with fear, but our mother Khodeejah (rodiyaLloohu ‘anha) made him calm down. We all know this issue. Also, the day the prophet was very angry because the people were reluctant and did not rise to obey his command after the truce of Hudaybiyah as a result of their being restrained from entering Mecca; the prophet angrily entered the tent. Our mother, ‘Umm Salamah (rodiyaLloohu ‘anha), asked the prophet about what made him angry? The Prophet told her that the people did not follow his orders. While the Prophet was still angry, ‘Umm Salamah (rodiyaLloohu ‘anha) gently suggested that the prophet should go out from the tent and shave his head, (she said that hoping) the people would follow suit. The prophet took her advice and shaved his head.
When he appeared to the people with his head shaven, they started shaving theirs too.

‘Umm Sulaym (rodiyaLloohu ‘anha); her son died, while her husband, Aboo Talhah, went out when the son was sick. The son had died before Aboo Talhah came back. He asked ‘Umm Sulaym about the condition of his son, and she said, ‘he is quieter than he was’. It could be interpreted to mean he was recovering or he is dead, but her husband understood it to mean his son was recovering. His wife (‘Umm Sulaym) did not want her husband to know that the child had died. She brought him his dinner. It was reported in the hadeeth that she adorned herself in a better way than she used to do before and the husband had marital relations with her. When they finished she opened up that the son had died. Aboo Talhah went to the Prophet and told him what had happened. The Prophet praised her action (i.e. ‘Umm Sulaym) and beseeched Allaah’s blessing on the marital relation they had. Did she rectify the husband or not?

Therefore, there are many ways by which women can correct/rectify men. In fact women are best in correction. There are things men would handle roughly, but if women see such things, they would advice men to do it in ‘so and so’ way (and it would be successful). Men may decide to add certain things to the advice given by their wives so that it appears as if they masterminded the whole thing. (Laughing mode activated)! May Allaah have mercy upon us! My advice to the women is that they should avoid acting in a disobedient and reckless manner toward their husbands because it is haroom. If such act does not happen, boycotting, forsaking in bed and physical fighting would not happen. Some of the scholars say the best thing is that a man should not have a private room; he should always sleep in the same room with his wife because not sleeping in the same room with her is like boycotting her. There are also some other scholars that said it is not obligatory, even when sleeping with her is from the responsibilities of men. For example, the one who has four wives would have known how to divide his time…

Therefore; there are many ways by which women can rectify men. There is no needing disturbing ourselves regarding the commands to forsake them in bed; strike them and so on. If you do not behave abnormally or recklessly, you won’t get such treatment.

[SOURCE: “the righteous women”; TIME: “2:18:28 to 2:24:03”]
Translated by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 20, 2017
Jazakallahu Kyran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by neighy(m): 7:45am On Mar 20, 2017
Abeg make our scholars here that can speak arabic fluently open a thread for people like us who can only read/recite... To produce speakers here on NL..

Abeg wetin una see to am
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 20, 2017
neighy:
Abeg make our scholars here that can speak arabic fluently open a thread for people like us who can only read/recite... To produce speakers here on NL..

Abeg wetin una see to am

although i dont think you would learn much in such a forum, here is a thread on that https://www.nairaland.com/2475685/nl-arabic-learning-thread
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by neighy(m): 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
AbdelKabir:

although i dont think you would learn much in such a forum, here is a thread on that https://www.nairaland.com/2475685/nl-arabic-learning-thread
shuoo that one is not for beginners na.. U can just create anoda for starters like we...
Just like the tajweed class.. Am sure the number of people that gained from it are more than what d instructor could imagine...
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
neighy:
shuoo that one is not for beginners na.. U can just create anoda for starters like we...
Just like the tajweed class.. Am sure the number of people that gained from it are more than what d instructor could imagine...

lol, i am a learner too, i don't know Arabic much...... well check up this site, it should at least help you a little bit, actually a great deal if you are not lazy....

underline that, "if you are not lazy"...

http://www.lqtoronto.com/videos.html

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 21, 2017
Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) said:

"...Know that when you deal and interact with your wife then it is mandatory that you think of a [scenario] where a man is the husband of your daughter.

How does he treat her? Would you be pleased for him to treat her with harshness and sternness? The answer is no.

Therefore, do not be content with treating the daughter of another person in a fashion that you would not be pleased for your daughter to be treated. This principle should be known by all people."

found in Ash-Sharh al-Mumti' (vol. 12, p. 381)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by neighy(m): 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
AbdelKabir:

lol, i am a learner too, i don't know Arabic much...... well check up this site, it should at least help you a little bit, actually a great deal if you are not lazy....

underline that, "if you are not lazy"...

http://www.lqtoronto.com/videos.html

lol well am sure we have fluent speakers here dey can come to the rescue... BtW thanks i'll check it out

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Question:
May Allah give you good noble Shaykh, the questioner says: ‘We hear a lot these days, that the wife is not required to serve her husband as it relates to cooking and washing clothes. Therefore we would like from you a word to explain this affair.
Shaykh Fawzan:
The woman now has evolved; she doesn’t take care of her husband. Now if you need her to take care of some of your needs, she doesn’t stay in the house. The husband comes and sits in the house and waits and she doesn’t come (home); or she comes at the last part of the night. Now the women are rebellious. It is from the Sunnah for the woman to serve her husband. The female companions, may Allah be pleased with them, served their husbands, they cooked and took care of the home and they were the female companions, the best women of this nation. Faatima the daughter of Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allah are upon him and may Allah be pleased with her; used to carry water on her neck such that the rope left a mark on her neck. She requested from the Messenger that he provide her with a servant and he refused. He refused to provide her with a servant and he ordered her to seek help by remembrance of Allah and seeking forgiveness from Allah; and she was the daughter of Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allah are upon him.
Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes Barbee

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 24, 2017
Are the hisbiyuun upon the manhaj of Salaf or Khalaf

Answer: Alhamdulillah ala nihmatil Islam
Hisbiyuun is the plural form of hizbiy which is derived from the word hizb (part, group, sects etc)
shar'an hizb is a closed group formed from the ummah of the Muslim to accompany a mission known to them and have an identity for recognition

Their Mode of da'wah is different from that of the prophet, they are hypocritic in their da'wah, they enjoin good and never forbid bad except what that can affect their hizb, no two different hizb can be in company of each other except on bid'ah or maasiyah such like the CAN, they do against the sunni scholars and even do make takfeer of them, to brace it up, their da'wah is TAWFEEQIYAH not TAWQEEFIYAH which is the mode of da'wah of the salaf...

There is no doubt that the Hizbiyuun are on the manhaj of khalafiyy not on the manhaj of salafiyy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Salam alaykum

What do the scholars say about one who isn't sure if he backbit or slandered someone?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
cc Friendng Abdelkabir and whoever knows the answer and is willing to provide it.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by FriendNG: 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum

What do the scholars say about one who isn't sure if he backbit or slandered someone?

I don't get this. A person cannot backbite alone, another person must be involved. So ask the backbiting friend on what you have discussed on so so date about so person (The absentee).

1. The backbiter

2. Who you're backbiting to. (Friend).

3. The person you're backbiting about (Absentee).

If in doubt the first speaker should be able to ask the first speaker.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
FriendNG:

I don't get this. A person cannot backbite alone, another person must be involved. So ask the backbiting friend on what you have discussed on so so date about so person (The absentee).

1. The backbiter

2. Who you're backbiting to. (Friend).

3. The person you're backbiting about (Absentee).

If in doubt the first speaker should be able to ask the first speaker.

I guess what I mean is if the two people who talked aren't sure that have backbitten a person, do you take it as you backbit the person or not. Also if a person isn't sure he/she committed a sin, do you just assume you did or not.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by FriendNG: 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
snapscore:

I guess what I mean is if the two people who talked aren't sure that have backbitten a person, do you take it as you backbit the person or not. Also if a person isn't sure he/she committed a sin, do you just assume you did or not.

After every discussion among people whether they backbite or not knowingly or otherwise, they need to say:

"Subhanakal lahumma Wabihamdika ash-hadu...."

The above will erase the sins of misguided words.

In the case you're doubting whether I have done this or not. Just assume you have done it and seek Allah's forgiveness. This solves the problem.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
FriendNG:

After every discussion among people whether they backbite or not knowingly or otherwise, they need to say:

"Subhanakal lahumma Wabihamdika ash-hadu...."

The above will erase the sins of misguided words.

In the case you're doubting whether I have done this or not. Just assume you have done it and seek Allah's forgiveness. This solves the problem.

I thought the same thing too. Jazakallahu Khyran

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
Using such phrases as GOOD/BAD LUCK, LUCKILY/FORTUNATELY or UNLUCKILY/UNFORTUNATELY is HARAM

by The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'
Bakr Abu Zayd, Salih Al-Fawzan, Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan, Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah Al Al-Shaykh

The first question of Fatwa no. 21699
Q 1: I want to know the ruling on the following frequently said phrases:
1. Bad luck and good luck.
2. All praise be to Allah, besides Whom no other can be praised for something bad.
3. I seek refuge with Allah from the evil of whoever has evil.
(Part No. 26; Page No. 367)
A: First: It is Haram (prohibited) to use the expressions: (luckily/fortunately) and (unluckily/unfortunately), because they are attributing the occurrence of good or adverse events to luck (fortune), which has no control over anything and is not the cause for good or ill fate. Allah (Exalted be He) says: Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment. If the sayer of this thinks that such fortunes act by themselves, without the intervention of Allah, this is major Shirk (associating others with Allah in His Divinity or worship). However, if they think that everything is subject to Allah’s Decree Alone and they have only verbally said it, then it falls under polytheistic words, which conflicts with the obligation to have perfect Tawhid (belief in the Oneness of Allah). The basic ruling concerning this is the Hadith reported by Muslim in his "Sahih (Book of Authentic Hadith)", that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “There is no ‘Adwa (contagion, disease transmission naturally by itself not by the Decree of Allah), nor is there Hamah (pre-Islamic superstitious belief that the bones of a dead person turn into an owl), nor is there Naw’ (stars bringing rain), nor is there Safar (the month of Safar was believed to bring bad luck during pre-Islamic time).” Also, it was authentically reported in the two Sahih (authentic) Books of Hadith (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) on the authority of Zayd ibn Khalid Al-Juhany (may Allah be pleased with him), who said, “The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) led us in the Subh (Dawn) Prayer at Al-Hudaybiyyah after a rainfall during the night. When the Prophet (peace be upon him) had finished praying, he faced the people and said, ‘Do you know what your Lord has said?’ They replied, ‘Allah and His Messenger know best.’ He said, ‘Some of My slaves have entered the morning as Mu’min (believers) in Me and (others) as Kafirs (disbelievers). Those who said, ‘We had rain by the Bounty of Allah and His Mercy,’ are believers in Me and disbelievers in the stars; and those who said, ‘We had rain by such-and-such a star,’ are disbelievers in Me and believers in the stars.’”
Second: Saying: "All praise be to Allah, besides Whom no other can be praised for something bad," is correct. There is nothing wrong in it.
(Part No. 26; Page No. 368)
Third: Saying: "I seek refuge with Allah from the evil of whoever has evil,'' is correct, as Isti‘adhah (seeking refuge with Allah from Satan) stated in the Qur’an and the Sunnah (whatever is reported from the Prophet) carry that meaning, such as the Saying of Allah (Exalted be He): Say: "I seek refuge with (Allâh), the Lord of the daybreak, "From the evil of what He has created, It was authentically reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) Used to seek refuge with Allah for Al-Hasan and Al-Husayn (may Allah be pleased with them), saying, “I seek refuge for you two with Allah’s Perfect Words from every devil and poisonous pest, and from every evil (envious) eye.” It was also authentically reported that Jibril (Gabriel, peace be upon him) performed Ruqyah (reciting Qur’an and saying supplications over the sick seeking healing) for the Prophet (peace be upon him) when he was ill. He said, “In the name of Allah I perform Ruqyah for you, from everything that is harming you, from the evil of every soul or envious eye, may Allah heal you, in the name of Allah I perform Ruqyah for you.” It was authentically reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to say in Khutbat-ul-Hajah (prelude to a sermon or speech): “We seek refuge with Allah from the evil of our souls and from the wickedness of our deeds.”
May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2017

Shaykh Fu'aad ibn Saud Al-‘Amree on the "GAY Imaam"

Question: Shaykh, there is a despicable man who is called “the gay Imaam”; and this person has no shame. He performs marriages between men with men and women with women. He says that Allaah does not prevent us from loving whoever we love, even if they be from the same gender. He is the Imaam of a Masjid in the capitol; i.e., Washington, D.C. So what is the refutation upon this despicable person?

Answer: This despicable and wicked person; that which I see regarding him is that is affair should be taken to the scholars. That which I see is that his affair should be taken to the scholars. His documented statements should be noted; his speech should be written and documented; either with his voice or by way of the testimony of witnesses. For I fear for him—and the refuge is with Allaah—that he is falling into a nullifier from the nullifiers of Al-Islaam. I do not make Takfeer of him; however, I say that I fear for him that he has fallen into a nullifier from the nullifiers of Al-Islaam. So that which I see is that you should write his speech exactly; either that which you have heard or with that which is recorded. Meaning, that which you have heard directly or that which is recorded or by the testimony of two just, trustworthy, and accurate witnesses; and take his affair to the scholars.

Translated by Raha ibn Donald Batts
Question Posed on June 9, 2014/12 Sha’baan 1435 H.
via #mtws - http://mtws.posthaven.com/shaykh-fuaad-al-amree-on-the-gay-imaam

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2017
QUESTION AND ANSWER WITH SHAYKH, DR SHAROF GBADEBO ROOJI (HAFIDHOHULLAAH)
Questioner: A person asks, ‘If a woman gives birth to a child and her husband is doubtful about the paternity of the child…’
Dr Sharof: Cuts in…She bore him the child or she brought him the child?
Questioner: Perhaps she lives with the man, and perhaps she is wayward.
Dr Sharof: (You mean) she bore him the child.
Questioner: Yes, but he is doubtful about the paternity of the child. Secondly, if the woman declares that the child is not for him, what should the man do?
Dr Sharof: Do such things happen?
The Congregation: Yes
Dr Sharof: A person marries a wife, following the prescribed way of Allaah and His Messenger, his wife gives birth to a child and the man is doubtful about the paternity of the child or the wife herself declares that she bore the child for other than him; this person is asking about the ruling regarding this. This is very clear. If she was legally married, that is, in accordance with the Sharee’ah, every child she gives birth to as long as she remains his wife, he is the father of the child. If she claims that some of the children are not your children, ignore her because you’re the father of all the children. I hope you understand; this is the Shar’i ruling. Every child your wife gives birth to as long as she remains your wife, the Sharee’ah says you are their father. If she claims ‘so and so’ is the father of ‘so and so’ child, don’t be bothered. If the one she ascribes your child to has the effrontery, let him come and claim the child. That is the ruling of the Sharee’ah. The husband is the one who has the child, the fornicator who fornicated with the woman would be at loss. This implies that if you have a child who is about 30 to 40 years old for example, and all of a sudden her mother claims that other children are for you but this one is for other than you, and she takes the child to a man; the man asks him to come in and says ‘I am your father’, is this to be accepted? Never! The man who married the wife legally is the one who owns the child. That is the ruling of the Sharee’ah. So for this reason do not deceive yourself that you would prove anything to your husband. You’re only deceiving yourself; the man is the owner of the children. This means that another man could be the means to your child.
The Congregation: Laughing mode activated!
Dr Sharof: So this means another man may be the means to your child. That does not mean they have done a good thing, but according to the Sharee’ah you’re the owner of the child. May Allaah bless the child for you! That is it.
[SOURCE: ‘CONCEPT OF NIKAAH 4’; TIME: ’47 minutes 54 seconds to 50 minutes 54 seconds]
Translated by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 28, 2017
is it prescribed to recite the Basmalah in every rak’ah before Al-Faatihah and before every soorah apart from Soorat Baraa’ah (i.e., Soorat Al-Tawbah).?

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION

Praise be to Allaah.

If (the worshipper) is going to recite a soorah after Al-Faatihah, he should recite the Basmalah silently beforehand.

But if he is going to recite a brief passage from the middle or end of a soorah, then it is not prescribed for him to recite the Basmalah.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 6/380

May Almighty Allaah accept our prayer as an act of worship

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Empiree: 3:44am On Mar 28, 2017
What Do You All Think About This 10 Mins Video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxy4e-XeBho

albaqir
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AlBaqir(m): 6:19am On Mar 28, 2017
Empiree:
What Do You All Think About This 10 Mins Video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxy4e-XeBho

albaqir

# That's one of the rulings institutionalized by Umar Ibn al-Khattab during his reigns. Hence, majority of Sunni fiqh affirmed that if a husband says, "I divorce my wife three times" at a seat (just one time), the divorce has taken final effect. That remain a problem for those who abide by it. This Umar's law is absolutely in contrary to the graces established by the Quran, surah Talaq (divorce): 1-2.

# Our fiqh is of the opinion that even if a husband repeat divorce statement 1000 times at a seat/time, it is counted as one. The "three divorce statement" must take effect at different time within the waiting period of the woman. Who knows whether the man's anger might calmed down before another seating.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

10 Amazing Miracles Of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) / Meet Sumayyah Shuaibu Salisu Who Writes Holy Quran In 3 Months / Suggest Threads For Frontpage Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.