Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) (29212 Views)

441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test / What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? / Man Celebrates His Trader Mum Who Sponsored His Education As He Graduates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Oluwapresley(m): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2017
I don't av anything to say. one thing I know is, if u want to graduate with a first class, make that ur only duty and u will. but thing is, for some ppl, after getting a few As, u just find out that this shit is easy.. and u get tired of it. and u figure out there are better things to get involved in. School is damn easy; u just gotta know what ur doing.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by iamawara(m): 10:50am On Jan 05, 2017
My amala and ewedu peepz always topping chat when it comes here...... Oduduwa kwenu
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by kidakuz: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2017
is there life after death?
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Bankalert(m): 10:50am On Jan 05, 2017
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by highmood(m): 10:51am On Jan 05, 2017
This page should be paused cause I need to include my younger brother who graduated with a CGPA of 4.78 from the department of Chemistry, University of Lagos. Micheal Ugochukwu Ezenweke. Though I couldn't upload his pics but I believe he should have something to say too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by irenmwinfo(m): 10:51am On Jan 05, 2017
ashewoboy:
pretty girls nor dey get 1st class ni?

if any girl uses make up while going into the exam hall, just know that such a girl is not a first class product. abeg shee na brothel she dey go wey she dey use make up?
pretty ladies are busy hustling in the street... Lol Olosho........
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by davss02(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2017
MzLarem:
Nice but that was what worked for them. Dont think there is a general rule for success.

Thank you bro! That was what I was about saying

What worked for them might not work for me....

Best thing is to know your self properly
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by kuljayms1(m): 10:55am On Jan 05, 2017
Me too na efiko o
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by bestspoke: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2017
I read the first point .....and i stopped there .WTF!!

Had a Lady first class graduate in my dep. back then who had her introduction even before youth service.

She made first class in an engineering department for that matter...If you cannot balance your life.then your first class will be worthless later on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Bizgold: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2017
Well i tried all my best to nak 1st, but my 100L was Not too good due to overcrowding in lecture halls, far home to skull, tutorial pressure, money pressure and no mentor-ship
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2017
davss02:

Yeah...there are some people who did more than them but never attained the first class.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by davss02(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2017
MzLarem:
Yeah...there are some people who did more than them but never attained the first class.

Its jes the grace of God

3 Likes

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2017
Y art students no dey get 1st class
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Bollove: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2017
henrydadon:
at the end of the day we all die and end up SIX FEET below the ground

why not enjoy life and dont stress your self with some academic bullshit..especially in a country like Nigeria where your education wont get you anywhere except if you have some serious connections..or you are from a rich family ..

without connections forget it..you aint making it
if everybody should reason like you , the world wouldn't have been at this level of development nor advancement!!

Everybody cant go into flexing while everybody can't go into academics but in the long run, Excellence/Failures makes this world to be what it is !!!

2 Likes

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by castrokins(m): 11:17am On Jan 05, 2017
I Go Report You To Zana Kia Kia. You Sure Say You Enter Class?

principi:
I just noticed that the University they attended and the course they studied helped them to an extent coupled with their Self Motivation.
Studying in UNICAL and reading a course like History and International Studies will diminish your hope of a First Class. You are told from day one that 'First Class cannot be gotten from this department'. This is really a true story. They just have a way of frustrating you in your 300 and 400 level.
Well-done to all of them.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Bollove: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2017
teebaxy:
Dont tell us how u attain accademic excellence, kindly tell us how your accademic excellence can benefit nigeria, the last time i checked none of the billionaires across the globe had first class but they doing great. I will make sure that my son mustn't go to university if their is no need for it.
Some Nigerians and Kwashiorkor Mentality !!

Just so you know, everything is not about money!!

Being a Billionaire is a personal intuitive , as some people have devoted and designed their lives to be at the top of money making pyramid thus becoming a Billionaire some others designed their lives to be at the top of academic excellence thus becoming a great academic!!!

In the long run, the most important thing is strive to be at the top of whatever endeavour you so choose!!!

Nobody gives a fu.c.k of what you allowed your children to do!!!

Endeavour to make them be the best and their Best !!!!

4 Likes

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by flamingREED(m): 11:33am On Jan 05, 2017
Mr Seun,
This should be the best post of the month.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by flamingREED(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2017
davss02:

My thought is,
Everyone who has ever been passionate about knowledge will possess most of those listed qualities with, perhaps, a better variation of the others.

Striking them out in the manner you did simply implies that you've not caught the fever of the love of knowledge'.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by firstclassmumu: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2017
Where is this op self maka why why you know add my own?
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by jakesbaba: 11:55am On Jan 05, 2017
homebase:
10. Take Counsel From Lecturers And Role Models

You were the best student in your set, what was the secret?

When I got to school, I decided never to settle for anything less than A in all my courses, and that really helped me. I didn’t do anything special other than making good use of my time and with determination, I used to read before and after my lectures. I believed in myself that I could do it and I did it with the support of the Almighty God. I used to sleep for six hours daily and still maintained reading for minimum of six hours during the week and 10 hours on weekends. I used to take my course mates tutorial from 200 level through 400 level which helped to prepare me ahead, so I studied harder. Also, counsel from some of my lecturers and role models helped greatly. - Bolarinwa Olawale, AAUA’s Physics and Electronics Graduate ( 4.81 CGPA )

If i had apply this principle early enough i would have graduated with a first class. After a poor performance in my 400 level first semester result i decided to go & see one of my lecturers that graduated from same dept with a first class and he revealed a secret to me which i applied in my 400l second semester exams & i had 6A's out of seven courses i did. He only told me hw to answer questions. I regret nt going to him early.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by donbrowser(m): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2017
flamingREED:
Mr Seun,
This should be the best post of the month.
I disagree. I have seen 1st class graduates that didn't do most of these things and got their grades.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by teebaxy(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Bollove:
Some Nigerians and Kwashiorkor Mentality !!

Just so you know, everything is not about money!!

Being a Billionaire is a personal intuitive , as some people have devoted and designed their lives to be at the top of money making pyramid thus becoming a Billionaire some others designed their lives to be at the top of academic excellence thus becoming a great academic!!!

In the long run, the most important thing is strive to be at the top of whatever endeavour you so choose!!!

Nobody gives a fu.c.k of what you allowed your children to do!!!

Endeavour to make them be the best and their Best !!!!
And this why Africa has remain Underdeveloped, we make so much emphasis on Education without any ressonabke achievment towards Nation building.... I have never condemned them, i was only saying use what u know how to best towards the advancement of ur community, so many 1st graduate out their serching fir jobs is a big blow, Education is supposed to be light , if u can go to school and pass almost all ur courses why can u apply such wisdom for ur generation.... Safe me d crab of Nigeria with bkalk bkalk thinking. Pls dont quote me again, i find it very difficult typing this long
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by flamingREED(m): 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
donbrowser:

I disagree. I have seen 1st class graduates that didn't do most of these things and got their grades.

Hmm.

I didn't know that there are
first class' monitors.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by greatestman(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
I joined politics, Run typing and printing Business, Had girlfriend. And still graduated with Second Class Upper (CGPA 4.38/5), I am happy about it, I do respect first class graduates but not actually my priority. .
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by davss02(m): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
flamingREED:

My thought is,
Everyone who has ever been passionate about knowledge will possess most of those listed qualities with, perhaps, a better variation of the others.

Striking them out in the manner you did simply implies that you've not caught the fever of the love of knowledge'.

Hmm! Very correct.. ...
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Kayceenaz(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
Summarily, it is not of he that wills nor runs, but of God Almighty that shows mercy. I believe making a first class is a function of grace. Are they the only ones that studied hard or befriended the library? You need to hungrily ask God for it, day-in day-out. Challenges would come. You may shed tears but never stop believing. Try again and again.

It is the admixture of hardwork and Grace that make you outstanding, distinguishing you in your class and the class of degree designation. Downplaying or dismissing that divine push/nudge does not in any way diminish the fact. A man's contention that his biological mother is not one to him doesn't alter that reality.

You may ask, why do I say this with so much certainty? I know that first-hand. Experience is the best teacher. It works. Try it.

Rational Pen
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by biz9ja(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
henrydadon:

why not enjoy life and dont stress your self with some academic bullshit..especially in a country like Nigeria where your education wont get you anywhere except if you have some serious connections..or you are from a rich family ..

In asmuch I agree with some of your points, I would totally agree if only you said people should acquire personal& Entrepreneurial skills
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Bollove: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
teebaxy:
And this why Africa has remain Underdeveloped, we make so much emphasis on Education without any ressonabke achievment towards Nation building.... I have never condemned them, i was only saying use what u know how to best towards the advancement of ur community, so many 1st graduate out their serching fir jobs is a big blow, Education is supposed to be light , if u can go to school and pass almost all ur courses why can u apply such wisdom for ur generation.... Safe me d crab of Nigeria with bkalk bkalk thinking. Pls dont quote me again, i find it very difficult typing this long
No, this is not the way ur initial post suggested!

Nigerian political class is the bane of Nigeria(ns) development! I have experience with Nigerian Political class both @ national and grassroot level, these guys don't give a da.m.n of what you are or who are you and the problem is lack of quality education as well as quality environment!!!

Also, as a people, a culture, our orientation is also low in terms of nation building!!!

Despite the harsh environment of Nigerian academic environment, these students still emerged to come top of their class and emerged victorious..... They deserve kudos!!!

Now, what does Nigeria environment makes of them

U see the way you reason, is the same way many people in this country don't give a damn about them thus our inability to tap their excellence for nation building!!!
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by extwoo(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
Where are they today?
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by obataokenwa(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
henrydadon:

You need help bro. Change your thinking so doors will open for you

1 Like

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by PigMeat: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
Cousim:
I respect that physics and electronics guy...d course hard like mad lipsrsealed
U are smart dude. The physics and electronics dude is where my attraction was centered on. For several years now no one has been enrolled in my school into that department, even though we have it in my school. That course is a killer, so I heard.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by davbravo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
I disagree with number 2.....you Dont need to be a die-hard fan of the library to make a 1st class........Most of the 1st class students in my dept hardly go to the library to read( though they can go there to source for information from the books and internet)...........

modified: you guys should go and read the post on the UNILAG girl that graduated with a 5.0 CGPA, that proves the above statement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Weekend Brain Drill: Can You Solve This In 30 secs? / Adeyemo Abraham Adedayo Graduates With 11 Distinctions From University Of Ibadan / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.