Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) (29213 Views)

441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test / What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? / Man Celebrates His Trader Mum Who Sponsored His Education As He Graduates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by athorello(m): 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
logadims:
what would you say you did differently that made you excel academically?- was it that u were gifted from birth or what?
I don't know how to answer this. Maybe I'm gifted with a higher IQ than some people. I've always been among the best academically. Started taking first position in primary school. I'm always fortunate to move among the top scholars gang (heck of a mixture). But I believe many more others can graduate with a first class or sharp 2.1 if they understand what is required at each level..... I think like 80 percent of Nigerian lecturers are straitjacketed. Some students know more than their lecturers hence poor grades. The most serious student in my class had a 2.2 but he's doing very well overseas.

4 Likes

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by logadims: 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
athorello:

I don't know how to answer this. Maybe I'm gifted with a higher IQ than some people. I've always been among the best academically. Started taking first position in primary school. I'm always fortunate to move among the top scholars gang (heck of a mixture). But I believe many more others can graduate with a first class or sharp 2.1 if they understand what is required at each level..... I think like 80 percent of Nigerian lecturers are straitjacketed. Some students know more than their lecturers hence poor grades. The most serious student in my class had a 2.2 but he's doing very well overseas.
so you didn't go the extra mile in some courses you don't know or fully understand?, you never attended tutorials, etc... There ought to be something(s) that you did to attain that position.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
I was supremely gifted from birth but my CGPA is down in the gutters.
You don't need a high iq to make first class. In certain universities in the west where A starts from 92% and yet there are slightly-above-average students who graduate with perfect CGPA year in year out, so I don't see the hype about some black graduating summa cum laude in some university in a 3rd world country where a 70% grade gives you an A.
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by trino: 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
I am introducing to you a standard CBT study/practice examination software called TESTDRILLER software for your educational needs at the secondary and post-secondary school level. We have three products which is TESTDRILLER UTME 2017, TESTDRILLER SSCE 2017 and TESTDRILLER ANDRIOD.

Features of TESTDRILLER

- Over 16000 practice exams past question with answers and explanations in different subjects
- Robust English kit for study
- Vocabo which is a synonym/Antonym game
- Maths Solver for solving and explanation of mathematics question of any kind
- Maths tips as a guide to help students solve their maths faster and efficiently
- School Finder that helps students choose schools and choice course of study

Added Advantage of the Testdriller Software

- Users can practice more than one subject simultaneously.
- TestDriller has an on-screen calculator which you can use during exam practice.
- Users get to see their scores, number of questions attempted, answering speed, time spent and a graphical analysis of their overall performance.
- A summary of the recommended literature by JAMB which is "The Last Days at the Forcados"
- TestDriller displays passages, images, tables, subscripts, superscripts and special symbols both in the question and option boxes.
Results can be printed or saved. TestDriller analyzes the trend in your performance and the speed at which you answer questions.
- It gives the opportunity to study by topics of interest.

For more details and to get yours: Call Valentine on 08034047666 or 07058199231 Email : testdrillersoftwaresolutions@gmail.com

Testdriller.........Reflecting the Future of Academic Excellence at all level through CBT

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by dahmeelahray(m): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2017
homebase:
Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses And Operate On That Knowledge.

What worked for you in your academics?

“If there was anything at all, it was the fact that I understood myself, particularly my strengths and weaknesses and I operated based on that knowledge. I could read anywhere, provided it was quiet. I assimilate slowly so I used to start reading as soon as lectures commenced so I could read my books several times. I’m an early riser so I used to wake up at 4am for devotion, and then read for some time in the morning. These were fairly constant in my daily activities, and then I attended fellowship many times a week. I didn’t have a specific number of hours for reading. I read for as long as I could and once I began to feel sleepy or experience signs of fatigue, I would go to sleep. I could persevere only when preparing for test or examination.” - Olowofoyeku Esther, FUNAAB’s Environmental Management and Toxicology Graduate (4.73 CGPA ).

It runs in d family/bloodline
I know your brother @ olowofoyeku ayobamiji emmanuel
He is one of d best students from my department....

1 Like

Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by kennyjam: 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
May God help me too
Re: How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) by Pat062: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
I love this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Weekend Brain Drill: Can You Solve This In 30 secs? / Adeyemo Abraham Adedayo Graduates With 11 Distinctions From University Of Ibadan / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.