Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Shocking Verses In The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking Verses In The Bible (5124 Views)

Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]aksat you are saying absolutely R-U-B-B-I-S-H!. i mean Rubbish. How can  your God be one and the same time its the death Jesus and some Other guys you described as Holy Spirit and cant even make the world holy according to its name. . .  and if i may know from you, what do you mean by God, Jesus and Holy spirit is one body?, there are 3 but 1 and even though amongs the three none have a PROOF. what a retard God(s) you worship. . . sad[/size]

I cant blame you for not understanding. Jesus has said it that the things of God cannot be given Dogs ( Unbeliever )

@Ogaga, you are devil and you can never understand the bible. the bible is light and you are darkness. what has darkness got to do with light?
There is no need of me arguing with you but I know God will show you and let you to have a little taste if the hell you claim that you are from, I know then you will come back to your senses.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Abuzola11(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2009
Lets be serious, if God is jesus why did jesus cry to God, mathew 27:46, i think the bible is all about contradiction
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:46am On Dec 03, 2009
[size=13pt]aksat i still say you dont know anything if you keep sharing nonsense things here. . .i understand the bible very well and dont get me wrong , i've read it from genesis to revelation gradually and i notice the books is well prepared lies and that's the reason it can never do without contradicting words. . . . I can Stand because i've always accept to understand with my brain. Call your head a dog that doesn't concern me. . . but my only concern is to expose any thing putting confussion in the world.

The Bible is not light , the bible is darkness. . .the bible is best described as a poisson meal and half of the meal contains the poisson while the other part smell very nice and looks great to eat but you may get decieved because the other part is smelling very nice and the meal is making you to swallow some thick siliva but thats a whole prepared poisson unknownly to you. . . I never claim but i choose hell you go against, i dont need your heaven. . . God shall recieve more terror from me if i didn't see any proof.
[/size]
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Abuzola11(m): 2:30am On Dec 04, 2009
:d
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2009
[size=13pt]I winked at my man. . . . . . . wink[/size]
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Abuzola11(m): 5:30am On Dec 06, 2009
Xtrians re fool and gullible to believe that their jewish carpental guy rose from the dead
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Lets be serious, if God is jesus why did jesus cry to God, mathew 27:46, i think the bible is all about contradiction

Jesus is the word of God according to john 1;1 can a word be without a source? no! a mouth( God ) has to speak the word (Jesus) out.

John 14:20 cofirms that Jesus is in God.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]aksat i still say you dont know anything if you keep sharing nonsense things here. . .i understand the bible very well and dont get me wrong , i've read it from genesis to revelation gradually and i notice the books is well prepared lies and that's the reason it can never do without contradicting words. . . . I can Stand because i've always accept to understand with my brain. Call your head a dog that doesn't concern me. . . but my only concern is to expose any thing putting confussion in the world.

The Bible is not light , the bible is darkness. . .the bible is best described as a poisson meal and half of the meal contains the poisson while the other part smell very nice and looks great to eat but you may get decieved because the other part is smelling very nice and the meal is making you to swallow some thick siliva but thats a whole prepared poisson unknownly to you. . . I never claim but i choose hell you go against, i dont need your heaven. . . God shall recieve more terror from me if i didn't see any proof.
[/size]

you said that you read the bible from Gen to Rev. but let me tell you something if you read it over and over 1000 times you will never understand because you are reading it with a wrong motive.

well, continue to read it I know one day, you will discover the truth
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by elbaron(m): 12:18am On Dec 16, 2009
Instead of all the quibblings, would it not be more enlightening or to say the least, much nicer, if those who have been given the "eye" and the "understanding" could simply explain the "contradictory" cum "offensive" passages. It appears to me that most people would greatly benefit from that instead of this childlike back and forths going around. Wont you agree?
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Yeah -- i've told you times without number i have read the christian bible but it seems you're finding it too difficult to believe me. ok , the christian bible made no-sense at all. I wasn't hiding in the first place im from a christian background of familly . . . the Bible is full of contradicting words .

Dont tell me i have been the only one complaining. . . .even christians have notice the bible is not a straight forward book but they keep following it blindly and taking things for granted.
[/size]
aksat:

you said that you read the bible from Gen to Rev. but let me tell you something if you read it over and over 1000 times you will never understand because you are reading it with a wrong motive.

well, continue to read it I know one day, you will discover the truth
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Adido(m): 3:10am On Mar 23, 2010
Well, in as much as I would not want to dignify this discussion with my impute being that the poster does not seek knowledge but faults, I however would like to make one point: THE BIBLE SHOULD BE READ IN CONTEXT.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:17am On Mar 24, 2010
[size=13pt]and whats the given point. . . . .common, speak on. wink[/size]
Adido:

Well, in as much as I would not want to dignify this discussion with my impute being that the poster does not seek knowledge but faults, I however would like to make one point: THE BIBLE SHOULD BE READ IN CONTEXT.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by malipous: 6:19am On Mar 24, 2010
Prince,

You have interpreted these portion of Bible the way you interprete Novel or ordinary books. You should ask God to give you wisdom and understanding of Holy spirit before you can understand.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:47am On Mar 25, 2010
[size=13pt]There's nothing like '' Holy spirit''- and point of correction nobody misinterpret the christian bible. . .so , you're saying everybody is misunderstanding the bible even the christians don't understand and can never catch some words written inside. . . .I guest most of us here must have read several books , like me. . .im a book worm and i have been reading to learn .

The bible is a strange book and i really advice people to stay away from such book of confussion. . . . sad
[/size]
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by chinedumo(m): 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2010
God fills the universe- the heaven and the earth and all other created things. therefore the presence of the SON in human form on earth is not a duplication of the God head. An egg is made of three parts- the shell the egg white and the yolk -these are part/members of the egg and not eggs individually i.e three separate eggs. also are u made up of various body parts and yet one U. The son is not isolated from the father. the Son is a term used to describe the relationship of the father with the son. meaning that the SON is a representation of the father a resemblance a manifestation an image a likeness just like your mirror reflection.hence the saying I and my father ARE ONE AND THE SAME. hence AMONG THE TEN commandment THE father detested the representation of him with/by things that are not of his choosing. the father shows himself represents himself by his self i.e chooses/creates own resemblance and not u(man)so says the first and second commandment and then commands u to worship/honour his/the son even as they honour the father and says that he that honours/worships the son honours and worships the father and he that despises/reproaches/dishonours the Son despises/reproaches/dishonours the father, he himself.The SON is his son and not your son cos HE the Father is the one who beget him gave birth to him is his source and sustainer his maker his beginning and his end his origin his creator. He is all this to him. U cannot possibly create a representation of the father. so he is not your son but THE Father's SON. notice this when Moses in his time being God's representative, was unseen for some time in the camp of Israel the people rejected Moses and by doing so rejected GOD and asked Aron to make them another God whom to whom they acclaimed " Israel these be the gods which brought u out of the land of Egypt"
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2010
[size=13pt]It is a central dogma of all fundamental Christians that the Bible is without error. They teach this conclusion by "reasoning" that god cannot be the author of false meaning and he cannot lie. Is this true. . . . ? huh If written by a perfect being, then it must not contradict itself, as a collection of books written by different men at different times over many centuries would be expected to contradict each other. [/size]
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2010
@ ogaga so you can accept the fact that God cannot lie. If He cannot lie and he gave those people that wrote the bible the inspiration to write it, then why do you still say the bible is not correct.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
[size=13pt]Like the topic says. . . . Shocking verses in the bible . ok! , there are so many verses in the Christian bible that's is beyond shocking ! . the bible is not straight forward book and you know it!! . God is a blunt Liar but he can't deceive me with just the bible . alright , if you insist there inspiration came from God that mean's in as much we can point out so many errors. . .or should i call it Contradiction, is found therein ,then--- God must be the author of confusions. [/size]
aksat:

@ ogaga so you can accept the fact that God cannot lie. If He cannot lie and he gave those people that wrote the bible the inspiration to write it, then why do you still say the bible is not correct.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Maykelly(f): 4:26pm On Apr 02, 2010
WOE to you
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
[size=13pt]WOE to you[/size] wink
May kelly:

WOE to you
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Akwasi(m): 11:07pm On Apr 04, 2010
My fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, will you please leave this arguments? It does not help your faith. If we all can remember well, when the pharisees wanted Jesus to prove that He was indeed the Son of God, He defiled them. We have nothing to prove to them. God and Jesus for that matter do not need us to defend Him or the Bible. As He told the disciples at the garden of Gethsame ('If I need to fight, I can order Angels from Heaven to descend and fight'), we do not have to fight for HIM. We are not like the other religion where you are suppose to bomb yourself in the face of other people who do not agree with you. Jesus actually commanded us to love our enemies including those who want to bomb us. Christianity is based on love and it is with that alone that we will please He whom we serve and be the light He wants us to be. Leave these people alone to continue blaspheming. My only concern is they are speaking against the Holy Spirit as well which is unforgivable. They have some serious questions to answer later.

Note to the blaspemes:Don't ask me anything because because I will not reply you.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by streetwize(m): 2:49am On Apr 05, 2010
hahahah . . . this is funny.
okay, let me give u an analogy that paints what you have just done.

Imagine I say: If ever something crazy comes over me and I kill people, then I must be sent to jail

You come out to say
Streetwize said: "I kill people".

I think this should enlighten u on ur predicament.
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by reservoir: 4:24am On Apr 05, 2010
I really pity christians with their mordern day Idol worshiping, surely hell is their place of doom. You better repent and stop worshiping man god. undecided sad
Re: Shocking Verses In The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]Yeah my dear. . . .you're right!! . this is laughable sometimes you know , grin grin . Christianity is turning the world into something else entirely too hard to explain . of-course we are all going to Hell . but they keep pretending. [/size]
reservoir:

I really pity christians with their mordern day Idol worshiping, surely hell is their place of doom. You better repent and stop worshiping man god. undecided sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Religulous? / Night Of Bliss South Africa With Pastor Chris / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.