Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) (43965 Views)

Security Aide To Victor Isaiah Arrested For Kidnapping In Bayelsa. Pics / Annkio Briggs And Others Attacked By Thugs In Bayelsa. PICS / Heavily Armed Niger Delta Militants Pictured At Southern Ijaw Creek (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by Aregs(m): 3:33am On Jan 07, 2017
but its not so bad na
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by highpriest4: 3:48am On Jan 07, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

OP,
Whats wrong with this mode of transportation? There is nothing wrong with it.
maybe all bridges in this british animal farm should be demolished so that everybody in this sinking slave ship would start crossing to ajah from lekki, from lagos mainland to island, from festac to amuwo, from asaba to onicha by canoe since those benefactors of this luggard's evil concentration camp do not deserve even common bridge like the ones linking lekki-Ajah, festac-amuwo odofin, asaba-onitsha, lagos mainland-island. The closest this people will get for restructuring, true federalism is ARM-NESTING.
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by highpriest4: 3:56am On Jan 07, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
From the background, I can see nice bungalows around the waterside, so there z nothing wrong in using this type of boat in a Riverine community.
Or should they hv usedTitanic ship or hummer bus b4 ?
but people living across water in places like lagos islands; victoria island, banana republic island have bridges ba?
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by highpriest4: 4:14am On Jan 07, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Northerners have been president for more than 40 years, how is the North?
but on a serious note, jonathan should by now be dangling parallel to an iroko tree with his balls tied with a rope to one of its branches for spending five solid years trying to be in the good book of the core northern elites and some greedy ones down south and middlebelt whose sole responsibility is their sacred iku, the stomach. Therefore it ended up that only hope is what he left for the people
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by psalmsjob: 4:38am On Jan 07, 2017
slimfit1:
Ask Jonathan how he spent 5 years as president and his people still travel like this.

The will soon answer you with diversionary answers like it's not up to 5 years he spent it's 4 and half years grin or GEJ was not the President of Ijaw people he was President of Nigeria then they'll go on to tell you how he built Almajeri schools in the north.grin

I just tire for my people o, their level of sycophancy is as legendary as GEJ's cluelessness.

Besides GEJ declared owning some of these boats as one of his assets, maybe he carry's them for free or lend it to the militants who knows!
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by ThinkSmarter: 5:31am On Jan 07, 2017
highpriest4:
but people living across water in places like lagos islands; victoria island, banana republic island have bridges ba?
hw many state can u compare with Lagos in times of development in Nigeria?
And these re some of the reasons for the militancy in the Niger Delta region. The river Niger emptied itself into the Atlantic Ocean forming Delta and Large creeks that obviously need long span bridges to connect communities and this z not a project that a state government can easily embark upon. Federal government need to Review NDDC, ministry of Niger Delta and 13% oil derivation and know why it z not working. Then they can make appropriate recommendations that will trigger rapid development of the creek, Many Tourism industry can be built in the creeks and so many others.
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by agrovick(m): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2017
talktimi:

When they think of how best to entertain their pathetic lives, they attack the Ijaw people, look how one idi0t came here to post a picture and said its Southern Ijaw mode of trasnportaion. If you tell the f00ls that they lack exposure and intelligence usually brought about by travelling to other places, they'll start messing their underwears. I guess Gej was to use his personal salary or the entire Nigerian resources to buy boats for every Niger Deltan or maybe in their lunacy, its economically viable to build roads on every single stretch of water not minding minor things like terrain or population density. We all can't think or behave like motor park touts so allow us our choice cool

So are you by chance in any way saying the Op is telling a lie?

For the record, his post says how they transport their goods and luggage which is totally true going by what I saw in a similar region in Delta. That boat happens to be the most convenient means of taking goods across the water and into the creeks.

IMO, there is no need for name calling. You should have pointed out his errors and then educate him rather than taking the violence route.

2 Likes

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by Orikinla1: 8:44am On Jan 07, 2017
slimfit1:
Ask Jonathan how he spent 5 years as president and his people still travel like this.

1 Like

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by Ten12(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2017
slimfit1:

Maybe because he was busy building amajiri schools 4 u.

3 Likes

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by bayelsaowei(m): 8:50am On Jan 07, 2017
slimfit1:
what rubbish question is this... angry

What about ask the whole country how they've ducked the Niger delta dry...

Stupid question from you

4 Likes

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by bayelsaowei(m): 8:52am On Jan 07, 2017
Fremancipation:
GEJ administration tried so many times to Pass the PIB law which would have been a game changer for states and host communities producing oil but the Northern dominated senate and house of reps wouldn't allow that to happen.

If you want, continue blaming GEJ while the facts are in front of you and easy to look up.
dont mind the freaks who come out to spew hatred and rubbish about gej being in power for 6years..what about Nigeria as a country that has solely drained the Niger deltas wealth?..what has been the result

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by Royalfurnitures: 8:52am On Jan 07, 2017
While some people up north are living in luxury from the oil in their land

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by mmsen: 8:53am On Jan 07, 2017
slimfit1:

He was President of Nigeria, not President of Bayelsa.

And why shouldn't the people use the rivers to transport people and goods?
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:54am On Jan 07, 2017
Y won't there b militant? Useless govt
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by Ovamboland(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
hw many state can u compare with Lagos in times of development in Nigeria?
And these re some of the reasons for the militancy in the Niger Delta region. The river Niger emptied itself into the Atlantic Ocean forming Delta and Large creeks that obviously need long span bridges to connect communities and this z not a project that a state government can easily embark upon. Federal government need to Review NDDC, ministry of Niger Delta and 13% oil derivation and know why it z not working. Then they can make appropriate recommendations that will trigger rapid development of the creek, Many Tourism industry can be built in the creeks and so many others.
State governments can't embark on bridges across creeks but the governors can loot up to $250 million and still remain heros to their followers

2 Likes

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by drLammy(m): 8:58am On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=eyeview post=52590130]
If we are to use such yardstick, then all former heads of state from the north will be crucified.
They have been in power for over majority of our post independence life but most of their people live in abject poverty and backwardness.

and are the north complaining like this southern ijaw man??
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by pricipal2003(m): 8:59am On Jan 07, 2017
slimfit1:
Do u mean Baba Jona of the (un)blessed CASSAVA BREAD?
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by hugafella(m): 8:59am On Jan 07, 2017
Let's stop having the mentality that whoever becomes president is president of his state and village. The president is president of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA and has nothing to do with the development of his state. They have reps, senators and a governor. Reason in a mature way and stop this president -is-all attitude.

The president has to look for national issues to solve and not to go and develop his state. That would be going against the constitution because that's not why he ran for president. The best he can do is to use his influence to attract FG institutions and projects to the state. (And that depends on the relationship between him and the state Gov). The state gov can even say no to those projects and president cannot start fighting him.

Those who like to insult Jonathan should remember that Jonathan was a true free minded Nigerian president who felt that Nigeria would be better if the majority of the northern population was educated and went ahead to build over 160 almajiri schools to turn their minds to become useful for Nigeria. Also established 12 new universities and located 9 in the North. He was looking at national priorities. He also invested heavily in railways as an alternative means of transports. Jonathan also ended fertilizer racketeering and
transformed the Agric sector.

Finally, any power supply you're seeing now is the efforts of GEJ and not anyone else. It hurts me how ungrateful Nigerians can be. That man really worked for Nigeria but the media in the hands of the Yorubas really maligned his image. Let God judge all those who keep speaking bad of him.

Again , let me state that whoever becomes Nigerias president ceases to be a property of his village and state but a father of the nation. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by slimfit1(m): 9:00am On Jan 07, 2017
bayelsaowei:
what rubbish question is this... angry

What about ask the whole country how they've ducked the Niger delta dry...

Stupid question from you

I am from Ogun state but I will tell you something I an the president of everywhere but my local chairman councillor and state government will do the right thing with the allocation they get forget it. Some of these things just require common sense. And I will make sure I add other things to it.
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by oladokun76: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2017
How are they transport their stolen money
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by phenomem(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2017
careytommy7:

you might as well say he was president from birth

Bros, let's say the truth and put the devil to shame. We know all other past presidents were useless. But GED should have make their lives better when he ruled for 8 yrs. He was the so called Messiah. He is as useless as the rest of the former president if not more
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by Unimaginable123: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2017
divicoded:

Can you please tell me where you have been in the North? Sokoto? Kano? Minna? Where specifically?
I have been to all the state capitals in the north. From sokoto to maiduguri to yola. Kano, katsina, Minna. All of them. What the guy said is true. There's so much hunger and abject poverty in the north
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by muffyt05: 9:15am On Jan 07, 2017
Fremancipation:
Imagine if these people were able to control their resources.

That's why I shake my head when I see some Ijaw folks screaming one Nigeria and still waiting for resource control after 50 years of begging

If the oil producing states couldn't do anything with their 13% derivation and even with the creation of NDDC and the ministry of Niger delta affairs,I don't see them doing a thing even if they're given full resource control. The problem is,the impoverished Niger deltans are their own problems. They continue to sing praises of their corrupt leaders(oppressors) and fail to demand for accountability once they're given a loaf of bread. The story of Deprieye Alameisiya comes to mind,how they shamefully celebrated the return of a disgraced sitting governor,sang praises of and still defends the inadequacies of Jonathan, just because he's their brother and now,we're waiting to see how they'll welcome another of their own,James Ibori. If only these people would come together to hold their political leaders responsible for the poor conditions of their environments,the better it'll he for them
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by lonelydora: 9:17am On Jan 07, 2017
slimfit1:
Bro, you want to start an e-war, abi?

1 Like

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by yinkslinks(m): 9:17am On Jan 07, 2017
Because he wasnt voted in to serve his people but Nigerians. You also ask malik why obama didnt bring all his family from kenya to america. You need some sense bro
slimfit1:
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by unmask: 9:18am On Jan 07, 2017
eyeview:

If we are to use such yardstick, then all former heads of state from the north will be crucified.
They have been in power for over majority of our post independence life but most of their people live in abject poverty and backwardness.
probably the folks didn't want to leave poverty
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by castrokins(m): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2017
I Think The Problem Of This Country Is Complexity. Is It Possible To Think That People Who've At One Time Other Led This Country, Don't Think About Even Their Immediate Community? I Am Thinking That Devolution Of Powers Into Federating Units And Allowing Regions To Control Resources In Their Domain Will Go A Long Way In Lifting Nigeria From It Abject State To A World Power. The Truth Is That It's Easy To Revolt Against A LGA Chair That's Within Reach Than A President Who's In Abuja. A Case In Point Is Southern Kaduna Crisis.

1 Like

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by chinkichun: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2017
Brings back memories of NYSC in Bayelsa.
Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by figoperch: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2017
oduastates:
The main gold of the entire southern part of Nigeria ,from Lagos to Akwa ibom,is not the black Gold (oil) . The gold mine is tourism .
The picture ought to be showing ferries transporting tourists and not a rickety boat transporting refugee-like citizens .
With criminal militants,kidnappers , armed robbers , herdsmen,yahoo yahoo,corrupt unions ,thugs ,,terrorists ,religious extremists,corrupt armed forces ,pirates and corrupt,incompetent dunderhead politicians ruling the roost, NO HOPE.
Even Turkey in spite of all the terrorist attacks still attracts tourist

You read my mind.

Thailand, Hong Kong, Venice are places that come to mind. They build edifice in shallow waters like this and the whole place is a city on water.

It's a bleak possibility.

My view

1 Like

Re: How Southern Ijaw People Transport Their Luggage In Bayelsa (pics) by pricipal2003(m): 9:21am On Jan 07, 2017
I think the governors of these niger delta states are more at fault in this matter. The essence of federalism is that each region or state should develop itself with the resources accruing to it. It is all very glaring now that the federal allocations plus 13 percent oil derivation is more seem to have done more harm than good to the niger deltans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July / Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Borno, Scores Killed (Photos) / Military Helicopters Patrol For Buhari As Sit-At-Home Paralyses Enugu, Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.