Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,916 members, 7,866,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

Nigga - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigga (4137 Views)

Nigerian Student In UK Mocked By Flatmate Wit Banana Written Monkey & Nigga(pics / Feelin' The Nigga: GEJ And Family Enjoying Good Time Together - DailyMail / Where Is Ngeneukwenu My Favorite Nigga Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigga by SEFAGO(m): 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2009
Nobody can stop you from calling yourself Nigga, but most will find you offensive and associate your language with bad company and low behaviour.

Thats what i thot when I met paddy_lo, and he used the n-word in half-his threads. I thot he was just some hood rat- after sometime, i confirmed he wasn't stupid, just an black American gangster wannabe with the brilliant brain of a nigerian. However, if someone told me to hire you based on your language and behavior- i would use your application to sell groundnut and popcorn on the streets of oshodi.
Re: Nigga by MandingoII(m): 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2009
Nigga why u stalking me Grin

because i'm not done kickin your ass for that Thread you created.

Its a sad day when a man that cannot write complete sentences - THINKS he's intelligent. sad

Re: Nigga by Beaf: 11:28pm On Nov 22, 2009
SEFAGO:

Thats what i thot when I met paddy_lo, and he used the n-word in half-his threads. I thot he was just some hood rat- after sometime, i confirmed he wasn't stupid just an black American gangster wannabe with the brilliant brain of a nigeria. However, if someone told me to hire you based on your language and behavior- i would use your application to see groundnut and popcorn on the streets of oshodi.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Nigga by transformR: 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2009
The word NIGGA is the most derogatory word you can use to refer to a person of African Origin.  It originates from 400 years of slavery when White people made it a law that Africans were less than animals! Believe me its nasty! 

African Americans have had an identity problem and still do.  During slavery they were called NIGGAS and COONs, After slavery they were called Negroes then in the 60s they demanded that they wanted to be called BLACK.  Then the growing Middle class African Americans lobbied the government (People like Jesse Jackson) to be called African Americans.  To this day there is no concensus on wht they should be called.  Some say they have nothing to do with Africa and want to be called BLACK.

African Americans have been using the word NIGGA for decades to refer to each other but Hip-hop popularized it and made it more mainstream.  Rappers claim they are trying to take the power and pain out of it so white people cannot use the word to degrade them. Unfortunately todays young feel its a cool word, its like saying 'yeah I'm a piece of filth'  grin grin grin grin grin

I use it against coconuts that have low self-esteem because they have not studied history and think the black race is cursed.  Fortunately I studied history at a young age in Nigeria, I remember being one of a few - for some sad reason MOST Nigerians do not study their history.
Re: Nigga by Beaf: 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2009
paddy_lo:

and what does low behavior connote?

Rape, murder, theft, arson, duplicity, thuggery, dishonesty, gangsterism, idiocy. . . The rest is easy to fill in.
Re: Nigga by paddylo1(m): 11:32pm On Nov 22, 2009
Thats what i thot when I met paddy_lo, and he used the n-word in half-his threads. I thot he was just some hood rat- after sometime, i confirmed he wasn't stupid just an black American gangster wannabe with the brilliant brain of a nigeria. However, if someone told me to hire you based on your language and behavior- i would use your application to see groundnut and popcorn on the streets of oshodi.

yea but the question u should ask yourself is how does what u think about me,makes one bit of difference in my life?

i can walk the streets of isale eko or philadelphia at 12 midnight,or i can go into a boardroom in lagos or abuja and make a presentation on how to apply financial derivatives to improve leverage and output in a firm
Re: Nigga by SEFAGO(m): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2009
yea but the question u should ask yourself is how does what u think about me,makes one bit of difference in my life?

It means i would never hire you embarassed, but that is not the topic

I was just using u as an example of how the way you talk could affect people's impression of your intelligence
Re: Nigga by Parohfrey(f): 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2009
Poster

Get a life Nigger.

You like it when the people come to Nigeria and start speaking through their noses?
Re: Nigga by paddylo1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2009

Its a sad day when a man that cannot write complete sentences - THINKS he's intelligent.

mandingo seriously dude,u sure u not in some kinda psychiatric ward?

never met a nigga that love to stalk what he loves to hate like u
Re: Nigga by Beaf: 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2009
Paroh_frey:

Poster

Get a life Nigger.

You like it when the people come to Nigeria and start speaking through their noses?

You are talking to your children.

You obviously can't read or understand, that is why you can come out with an insult without provocation.
But that is usually a hallmark of those who use words like Nigger or Nigga.
Re: Nigga by MandingoII(m): 11:45pm On Nov 22, 2009

never met a nigga that love to stalk what he loves to hate like u

yeah Tell me about it.

I never met a FAKE ASS HIP HOP NIGERIAN with limited grammar and speaking skillz claim he's bright shocked

You are more immersed in BLACK AMERICAN CULTURE that i am in yours.  I'm not trying to be Nigerian, eat fufu and wear cheap ass bright flowing threads.  You on the other hand think your AMERICAN HIP HOP SLANG and stunted writing skills qualify you for cool points. undecided

NOT!
Re: Nigga by paddylo1(m): 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2009
yeah Tell me about it.

I never met a FAKE ASS HIP HOP NIGERIAN with limited grammar and speaking skillz claim he's bright

You are more immersed in BLACK AMERICAN CULTURE that i am in yours. I[b]'m not trying to be Nigerian[/b], eat fufu and wear cheap ass bright flowing threads. You on the other hand think your AMERICAN HIP HOP SLANG and stunted writing skills qualify you for cool points.

NOT!

of course u not tryna be nigerian!! thats why u on a NIGERIAN website EVERYDAY, mugu
Re: Nigga by MandingoII(m): 11:57pm On Nov 22, 2009
of course u not tryna be nigerian!! thats why u on a NIGERIAN website EVERYDAY, mugu

Nawl playa, I'm just slumming. No different than hanging out on hip hop boards.

I would continue computer fighting with you but I gotta wash my nuttz for a Bustdown. cool

I'll kick ya musty ass later. grin
Re: Nigga by paddylo1(m): 12:02am On Nov 23, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

say hi to shaniqua for me,and tell your bitch to stop blowing up ma digits, only hit that ass once and she already catching feelings

sigh
Re: Nigga by Beaf: 12:12am On Nov 23, 2009
MandingoII:

yeah Tell me about it.

I never met a FAKE ASS HIP HOP NIGERIAN with limited grammar and speaking skillz claim he's bright shocked

You are more immersed in BLACK AMERICAN CULTURE that i am in yours.  I'm not trying to be Nigerian, eat fufu and wear cheap ass bright flowing threads.  You on the other hand think your AMERICAN HIP HOP SLANG and stunted writing skills qualify you for cool points. undecided

NOT!

That just says it all. embarassed
When you have low self esteem you open the door for others to spit on both you and your Nigerian heritage.
Thats what you get for being a cheap wannabe hip hop flunky. angry angry
Re: Nigga by paddylo1(m): 12:18am On Nov 23, 2009
That just says it all.
When you have low self esteem you open the door for others to spit [/b]on both you and your[b] Nigerian heritage.
Thats what you get for being a cheap wannabe hip hop flunky.

no homie mandingo been spitting on you and nigerian culture and people ever since before i came back to nairaland

funny enough very few of u on here seem bold enuff to take him on

well i got nigerias back even if i carry the heavy load alone lol

and u can say what u like,my beefs with dingo not u,so move along buster
Re: Nigga by SEFAGO(m): 12:22am On Nov 23, 2009
or maybe some of us have better things to do than respond to someone who calls himsef "mandingo" who is obviously a white racist troll
Re: Nigga by chiogo(f): 12:28am On Nov 23, 2009
Ok, Beaf . . .this has nothing to do with being a hip hop listener.

Just like teen violence is blamed on hip hop, the use of the n-word alike. Yes, these rappers fuel the issue with their messages but these teens- are they stupid or what not to be able to discern right from wrong? If you choose to listen to rappers and not your parents then you're on your own. Hip hop doesn't tell you to do ANYTHING.

Mandingo, didn't know you're still strolling these boards with your lame lines. If you aren't obsessed with Nigeria/Nigerians then "Obsession" must have a new meaning. Blah!
Re: Nigga by Beaf: 12:35am On Nov 23, 2009
paddy_lo:

no homie mandingo been spitting on you and nigerian culture and people ever since before i came back to nairaland

funny enough very few of u on here seem bold enuff to take him on

well i got nigerias back even if i carry the heavy load alone lol

and u can say what u like,my beefs with dingo not u,so move along buster

Don't get me wrong, my words are within the context of this thread; you get told when you copy or put on false garments.

Look here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-292305.0.html
Re: Nigga by Beaf: 12:39am On Nov 23, 2009
chiogo:

Ok, Beaf . . .this has nothing to do with being a hip hop listener.

Just like teen violence is blamed on hip hop, the use of the n-word alike. Yes, these rappers fuel the issue with their messages but these teens- are they stupid or what not to be able to discern right from wrong? If you choose to listen to rappers and not your parents then you're on your own. Hip hop doesn't tell you to do ANYTHING.

Mandingo, didn't know you're still strolling these boards with your lame lines. If you aren't obsessed with Nigeria/Nigerians then "Obsession" must have a new meaning. Blah!

Apologies. wink
I didn't mean to slam hip hop lovers. I was just trying to capture a sort of "Tupac Shakur" image.
Re: Nigga by chiogo(f): 12:54am On Nov 23, 2009
Beaf:

Apologies. wink
I didn't mean to slam hip hop lovers. I was just trying to capture a sort of "Tupac Shakur" image.
I love Tupac!!  tongue tongue tongue Even though I might not always agree with his messages.

I just realized that I didn't really answer the original question. I can't really say if it's inferiority complex, mostly ignorance. Trying stupidly to assimilate on the part of Africans/Nigerians who use the word.  You don't pronounce differently a word that's used to stigmatize your people and expect the meaning to change. It's a bad word, point-blank. period.
Re: Nigga by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 23, 2009
I see this thread going to the tribalist and racist section soon. I think the word nucca is a perfect replacement. It's still a N word and still no white man should use it.

And why do they blame the violence in the hood on RAP? This kids watch movies too which is more graphical than rap can ever be. They play video games too. So why do they love the blame on rap? Haven't they heard of rapers like Mos def? All the real and intelligent rappers won't get any good promotion but the wak ones using derogatory words are always on TV calling women bitches. Why tha hell does lil wayne get better promotion than common? They should just turn RAP to Disney stuff so kids can always listen to boys rapping about candi and shit
Re: Nigga by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:40am On Nov 23, 2009
dont listen to paroh frey
that girl is sooooo stupid!! i really wanna know wassup with her or does she do that knowing she is a faceless character on the internet? that girl says some stupid shit.
"get a life nigger" is she stupid or what?
she seriously needs some spiritual healing to hit that low below the belt.
Re: Nigga by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 23, 2009
This tread is dedicated to bawomolo and sjeezy.

They both cant control their use of nigga, nucca, or w/e.
Re: Nigga by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 23, 2009
MandingoII:

Its a sad day when a man that cannot write complete sentences - THINKS he's intelligent. sad

LOLOLOLOL

Quit bitching like a lil sissy.

"oh oh, because you hurt me, dnt hurt me. Or or I'm gonna keep crying".

Punkass sissy grin grin grin
Re: Nigga by sjeezy8: 3:27am On Nov 23, 2009
^^^^ naw this thread is for bored nikkus named beaf
Re: Nigga by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:29am On Nov 23, 2009
PARA PARA!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigga by sjeezy8: 3:31am On Nov 23, 2009
im suprised this thread has reached this point and this dude beaf is still on line. No wife to love or children to look after abi? bored ass cool
Re: Nigga by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:32am On Nov 23, 2009
@Beaf
you are from Delta state, abi?
what tribe are you?
Re: Nigga by Beaf: 3:35am On Nov 23, 2009
sjeezy8:

^^^^ naw this thread is for bored nikkus named beaf

Really now!

sjeezy8:
I hate the word nigga but the sound of

nikku- for guys
niggette - for females
nigglettes- for children
is pretty funny to me

lol mehn it all has to do with maturity using slang past age 22-23 is lame. same with broken english, educated adults dont use it shocked.

This is your most sensible contribution, but the bold part shows why people like you use "Nigga". While some others are campaigning for Pidgin English to be our official language, clowns like you are ashamed of all that is part of our culture.
Educated adults don't use Pidgin English. . . Funny guy! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigga by Beaf: 3:37am On Nov 23, 2009
sjeezy8:

im suprised this thread has reached this point and this dude beaf is still on line. No wife to love or children to look after abi? bored ass cool

I work long hours thinking up new stuff for fools like you (hint, go to the programming section of NL).
Re: Nigga by Beaf: 3:37am On Nov 23, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

@Beaf
you are from Delta state, abi?
what tribe are you?

I am Isoko / Urhobo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Offers Farmland To Gulf Investors At $10,000 Per Hectare? / You Can Now Claim To Be An Indigen Of Any State. / Pictures From Oshiomhole’s Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.