Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

The Truth Most Christians Dont Know - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth Most Christians Dont Know (3718 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? / Nigeria Comes First With Most Christians In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by otuwe(f): 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2007
pilgrim.1:

u wish!!! angry angry angry angry

There's no need to be upset or to frown. That's what the Bible teaches; unless you have something contrary in the same Bible.

sorry for the frown, do u prefer this grin grin grin grin grin grin

point of correction: the pastors not the bible teaches that.

they misinterpreted the bible
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2007
Aproko:

is that really enough to make one sinless? because in that case a lot of people will fail to take responsibilities for their actions afterall, they have been cleansed by the blood of the lamb!!

i'm not starting an argument by the way, just hoping people don't indulge in all sorts of evil and thinking that their sins have been wiped away since 2000yrs ago!

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Do we now continue in sin simply because we have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus? No.

Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Romans 6
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2007
otuwe:

u wish!!! angry angry angry angry

otuwe:

sorry for the frown, do u prefer this grin grin grin grin grin grin

point of correction: the pastors not the bible teaches that.

they misinterpreted the bible

Really?

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by otuwe(f): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2007
davidylan:

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Do we now continue in sin simply because we have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus? No.

Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Romans 6
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

lets learn to look beyond the surface wen reading the bible or any other spiritual book for that matter.

just because blood was mentioned in the bible doesnt mean its refering to the bastardly murder of Christ. that was a sin on the part of humanity so i dont know y u wud say, a sin commited against the Almighty God wud make u sinless. no sir

am sure u wud also say the last supper and the mention of blood and body is talking abt His physical Body. no sir. . .

Christ came to show us the Truth.
Redemption lies only in knowing the truth, accepting the truth and living the truth.

this didnt go well with darkness dats y He was crucified.

the crucifixtion was an evil act and there cant be salvation thru an evil act.

Christ was willing to die on the cross if that was wat it took to bring the WORD to humanity

the crucifixtion does not take away our sins but burdens humanity with more sins

Christ came to offer salvation in the WORD he brought not in his DEATH
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2007
@ otuwe, all i can do is  shocked after reading your riposte.

otuwe:

lets learn to look beyond the surface when reading the bible or any other spiritual book for that matter.

sure.

otuwe:

just because blood was mentioned in the bible doesnt mean its refering to the bastardly murder of Christ. that was a sin on the part of humanity so i don't know y u would say, a sin commited against the Almighty God would make u sinless. no sir

Was the crucifiction really a "murder" or a pre-ordained part of God's plan for salvation?

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

The crucifiction as "murder" or the greatest act of love and sacrifice for God towards us?

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Was God so "powerless" as to allow Himself to be "murdered" by mortal man?

mathew 26: 42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

mathew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
   53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
   54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2007
otuwe:

just because blood was mentioned in the bible doesnt mean its refering to the bastardly murder of Christ. that was a sin on the part of humanity so i don't know y u would say, a sin commited against the Almighty God would make u sinless. no sir

2 Corinthians 5: 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Christ was made sin for us (the "sin" of death on the cross), for the bible says - Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

He was made a curse/sin for us that by the sacrifice of the sinless One, He bore our sins on Him and made us free from the law of sin and death.
Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. - of sin!

otuwe:

am sure u would also say the last supper and the mention of blood and body is talking about His physical Body. no sir. . .

the Lord's supper is a symbolism of what happened on the cross of calvary. His physical body was broken for us and His blood shed for the remission of our sins. Of course when Christ talks about eating my flesh and drinking my blood, He is not telling us to go become cannibals rather it is a physical symbolism of a spiritual experience. Paul puts it much better - 1 corinthians 11: 23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

otuwe:

Redemption lies only in knowing the truth, accepting the truth and living the truth.

Yes Christ came to show us the truth but WHAT "truth"? - Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. The plan of Christ's coming to the earth was NOt to bring a vague "truth" but to shed His precious blood to redeem us from a lifetime of struggling with sin and slaughtering bulls and rams whose blood could not blot away sin.

Redemption does not lie in merely knowing the truth, accepting it and living it - for our selfrighteousness are like filthy rags. By ourselves we can do NOTHING!.
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Without the shedding of His blood, we could not be redeemed from the cause of the law. It did not matter if we knew the whole truth as wide as the atlantic ocean.

otuwe:

this didnt go well with darkness that is y He was crucified.

No ma, He laid down His life for even death and hell could NOT take it from Him nor hold Him captive.

otuwe:

the crucifixtion was an evil act and there can't be salvation through an evil act.

without the cross there is NO redemption.

otuwe:

Christ was willing to die on the cross if that was what it took to bring the WORD to humanity

No, He died so that by His blood we could be cleansed from all unrighteousness forever. He preached the word for 3.5 yrs but it would take his death on the cross to finally liberate us from the shackles of sin and human traditions that held us captive.

otuwe:

the crucifixtion does not take away our sins but burdens humanity with more sins

Isaiah 53: 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

otuwe:

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Our reconciliation to Christ came not merely by the Word He preached, (for even John the baptist and other prophets had been preaching long before without any hope of salvation for us) but through His death on the cross.

Be very careful lest you propagate heresy and unbelief while masquerading as a "christian".
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by dominobaby(f): 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2007
Thanks davidlyan, you really did a good job at giving him scriptures for his misconceptions!

Phew! Boy, was i dumbfounded?!
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2007
@davidylan,

Great to read your reply to otuwe's.

----

@otuwe,

A little addition. I was reading Christ's own word on His mission in His first coming, and came across the following. I'll just quote them following your arguments:

otuwe:

Matt. 26:28 -- "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

otuwe:

am sure u would also say the last supper and the mention of blood and body is talking about His physical Body. no sir

John 2:19-20  --  "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body."

otuwe:

John 6:53 -- "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

otuwe:

this didnt go well with darkness that is y He was crucified.

Heb 10:9 & 10 --  "Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

otuwe:

the crucifixtion was an evil act and there can't be salvation through an evil act.

Christ was willing to die on the cross if that was what it took to bring the WORD to humanity

Mark 8:31-33  --  "And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him. But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men."

Rom 5:7 & 8  --  "For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

otuwe:

Luke 24:25 & 26
"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?"

Luke 24:45-47  --  "Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2007
There so many things we need to think about, one of them is the fact that you
do not see any Jews wearing the swastika, but Christians have killed more blacks
than the nazi killed Jews and Christians enslaved blacks for about 400 years
compared to 10-20 years of Jewish persecution in Germany. But yet you have countless blacks wearing the cross and following Christianity, many argue that the kidnappers, enslavers, torturers, mutilators, rapist, castrators and killers were not "real" or "good" Christians. Do you think for one second that some Jews would follow some nazis, or become nazis themselves if they are told that Germany's nazis were not "real" or "good" nazis ?
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by kateflow(f): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2007
Horus:

do not see any Jews wearing the swastika, but Christians have killed more blacks
compared to 10-20 years of Jewish persecution in Germany. But yet you have countless blacks wearing the cross and following Christianity, many argue that the kidnappers, enslavers, torturers, mutilators, rapist, castrators and killers were not "real" or "good" Christians. Do you think for one second that some Jews would follow some nazis, or become nazis themselves if they are told that Germany's nazis were not "real" or "good" nazis ?
now i know the gwada
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2007
Horus:

Christians have killed more blacks
compared to 10-20 years of Jewish persecution in Germany.

*hiss*

Where were you when blacks were murdering blacks without the help of religion - and are still doing so even today? When people see everything through racial lenses, it is no surprise to read the overblown claims as above.
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2007
Still no answer to the question?
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2007
The answer is offered in my comments. How is it that many black people are still murdering their black brethren without thinking about religion?
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2007
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2007
Repeating yourself endlessly simply means you've got nothing to your noise. How many "real" people from Zimbabwe have shed their skin colour and stopped being black even though they know that Mugabe is a murderer of his own black people?
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2007
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2007
Since you're shying away from the same issue in my comments and just seeking attention, keep repeating yourself. Your troubles are not going to just wash away by closing your eyes to blacks killing blacks without even thinking of religion - ask Mugabe. wink
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2007
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2007
And no answers to my question as yet?

Hiding behind that endless repetition is not going to solve your problem - you always do that when you have nothing to say. wink
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2007
Horus:

you havent asked any questions. The above babble you masquerade as a "question" is nothing but your own flight of fancy that does not stand the test of rational analysis.

You claim "christians" killed blacks? The questions is who are these "christians" or do we now associate racial killings and anything in white skin to be "christian"?
Arabs invaded and colonised Egypt around 600AD and yet you wilfully ignore that.

Blacks are killing more blacks than the white man could ever have killed and yet you ignore that.
Whites killed more whites during WW1 and WW2 and yet you ignore that.

What then is your "question"?
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2007
not going to solve your problem
I dont have any problem grin
Remember,you are NOT forced to answer my question and I am NOT forced to answer your question.
If you think it is right for you wearing the swastika,it is up to you. shocked
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by otuwe(f): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2007
@davidylan

your bible tells u that Christ  came specifically to die for ur sins right.

then why did He say to His desciples dat one among them wud betray Him
why did He ask God to forgive them for they know not what they were doing
why did the day turn to night
the angels should hhave been singing not crying
why did Judas Kill himself since your salvation was possible thru Him
he should have been congratulated dont u think.

why dont pple give their children the name Judas at least he was the person dat made it possible for ur salvation to take place thru Christ's blood.

alot of people are still nailing Christ to the cross through their beliefs dont u think
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2007
Horus:

Remember,you are NOT forced to answer my question and I am NOT forced to answer your question.
If you think it is right for you wearing the swastika,it is up to you. shocked

You're not forced to repeat yourself endless - and it's entirely up to you to do so. I don't wear no swastika, so don't use that as a cheap excuse for your problems. wink
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2007
@otuwe,

otuwe:

Dearie, that one is new on me again O! grin Where is it written that the angels were crying?

otuwe:

why did Judas Kill himself since your salvation was possible through Him
he should have been congratulated don't u think.

I guess you would have to congratulate someone if they sold you for 30 pieces of silver! grin

otuwe:

why don't people give their children the name Judas at least he was the person that made it possible for your salvation to take place through Christ's blood.

Would you consider naming your child one? At least, there's no law that says you shouldn't.

otuwe:

alot of people are still nailing Christ to the cross through their beliefs don't u think

Not through their beliefs, but through their actions and choices -- see Heb. 6:4-6.
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2007
so don't use that as a cheap excuse for your problems
I [B]DONT[/b] have problem. grin(I am Not religious)
Remember you are not forced to answer,and I am not forced to read your post so dont waste your time. grin
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2007
Horus:

I [B]DONT[/b] have problem. grin(I am Not religious)
Remember you are not forced to answer,and I am not forced to read your post so don't waste your time. grin

I know how much of your time you've been wasting by doing the same thing you decry against others. You've just confirmed what I offered you - people don't have to be religious in order to have problems (and that's the example of Mugabe in Zimbabwe). wink
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2007
otuwe:

@davidylan

your bible tells u that Christ  came specifically to die for your sins right.

Unless you are reading a different bible or you are reading the same bible upside down or your eyes are blinded by unbelief then i can guarantee that your bible says exactly the same as mine.

otuwe:

then why did He say to His desciples that one among them would betray Him

Because He (as God) had a foreknowledge of what would happen to Him.

otuwe:

why did He ask God to forgive them for they know not what they were doing

The Jews of those days did not accept Him as the Messiah as their own idea of a Messiah was as a king to lead them into battle against the Romans. While Christ and his disciples knew that He actually was on earth to die for you and me, the jews thought they were doing God a favour by crucifying someone they percieved as a false prophet.

otuwe:

why did the day turn to night

i wouldnt know why the day turned to darkness.

otuwe:

we were not told that there were tears in heaven. Besides at that moment on the cross, all our sins (including urs of unbelief) were hanging on Him and sin God cannot behold sin, His face was turned away from Him for that moment - that was why He cried why hast thou forsaken me.

otuwe:

Judas betrayed Jesus for money and out of the wickedness of His heart and not because He believed a word about the significance of the crucifiction. Even the senior apostles like Peter, James and John who should have known better were full of doubt, fear and despair. how much more a thief like Judas.

otuwe:

It had been written - woe unto him by whose hands the son of man is betrayed.

otuwe:

why don't people give their children the name Judas at least he was the person that made it possible for your salvation to take place through Christ's blood.

we can start with you.

otuwe:

alot of people are still nailing Christ to the cross through their beliefs don't u think

your very post filled with unbelief is doing just that.
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2007
@davidylan

your bible tells us that your Christ  came specifically to die for your sins right.
So why are you still a sinner?
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by otuwe(f): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@otuwe,

I guess you would have to congratulate someone if they sold you for 30 pieces of silver! grin

Would you consider naming your child one? At least, there's no law that says you shouldn't.

Not through their beliefs, but through their actions and choices -- see Heb. 6:4-6.

are u saying if Judas had sold Christ for a million pieces, you wud have congratulated him, thats crazy girl.

i wouldnt congratulate him at all because he was the origin of dat murder

i dont believe he did something good dats y i wont name my child judas but the question was meant to those that believe Christ's mission was to come and die so that all ur sins wud be taken away. if they did then they should be happy that judas made dat happen.

Dearie, that one is new on me again O! grin Where is it written that the angels were crying?

as always u always read my post from the surface alone.
i dont mean the angels were physically crying but have u ever wondered why the earth shook and night overtook the day.
dont u ever think dat maybe nature was angry at the cruel murder of the Son of God?
it pains me to see dat people look at the death of Christ and they confidently say dat was wat He came to do.

Christ prophesied His death not because that was the only way man wud be saved but He was warning them and giving them another chance to change their ways.

if Humanity has taken His Word and Lived Accordingly Christ wud have been spared that death and humanity wud have been spared that great guilt of killing the Son of God

if actually Christ's death has taken away our sins, what are we still doing on earth. we wud have all gone back to heaven immediately He died dont you think??
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by Horus(m): 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2007
I know how much of your time you've been wasting
Ha ha ha,I Never waist my time.
But you still waist your time answering to me grin
And I still DONT have problems. grin
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by otuwe(f): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2007
davidylan:

Unless you are reading a different bible or you are reading the same bible upside down or your eyes are blinded by unbelief then i can guarantee that your bible says exactly the same as mine.

Because He (as God) had a foreknowledge of what would happen to Him.

The Jews of those days did not accept Him as the Messiah as their own idea of a Messiah was as a king to lead them into battle against the Romans. While Christ and his disciples knew that He actually was on earth to die for you and me, the jews thought they were doing God a favour by crucifying someone they percieved as a false prophet.

i wouldnt know why the day turned to darkness.

we were not told that there were tears in heaven. Besides at that moment on the cross, all our sins (including urs of unbelief) were hanging on Him and sin God cannot behold sin, His face was turned away from Him for that moment - that was why He cried why hast thou forsaken me.

Judas betrayed Jesus for money and out of the wickedness of His heart and not because He believed a word about the significance of the crucifiction. Even the senior apostles like Peter, James and John who should have known better were full of doubt, fear and despair. how much more a thief like Judas.

It had been written - woe unto him by whose hands the son of man is betrayed.

we can start with you.

your very post filled with unbelief is doing just that.

1. remember its the same bible but u have a different interpretation than the truth

2 my emphasy was on the word betray not on the reason. you say His mission was to come and die on the cross, why does he see it as betrayal if wat u believe is true

3. he was dying for u and i because He wanted to stand by His WORD to the end and at all cost and not because that was His mission. His mission was to Bring the Word to us and lead us back to the right path not to come and be killed

4 have u bothered to find out

5 now u really contradict urself. God cannot behold sin yet you say he sent His Son to come and be killed on the cross. Killing an innocent man on the cross, is that not sin so why did God behold that one (if u are saying He sent His son to come and die)

6&7. knowing you i was so sure your brain wud think up the most convenient excuse for that

8. i wudnt do that cos i know he commited a grave sin just like all the others dat took part in that murder

9 what do u call unbelief. not accepting the fabrications of people inorder to free themselves (temporarily) of a great guilt of murdering the Son of God

note i explained based on ur last post paragraph by paragraph, hence the numbering.
Re: The Truth Most Christians Dont Know by pilgrim1(f): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2007
@otuwe,

otuwe:

are u saying if Judas had sold Christ for a million pieces, you would have congratulated him, thats crazy girl.

Lol, reading me outa context already? The point is that you argued that Judas ought to have been congratulated; and I pointedly asked you if you'd still argue the same if you remembered that he betrayed Christ for 30 pieces of silver. Let's even say that you raised the stakes - would you even still hoot for a congratulatory message to Judas for his commercial betrayal?

otuwe:

i wouldnt congratulate him at all because he was the origin of that murder

But that is the direct opposite of what you have argued earlier. See:

otuwe:

On the one hand, you posited that he should have been congratulated, and now you vote the direct opposite of your earlier premise. Hmmm. undecided

otuwe:

i don't believe he did something good that is y i wont name my child judas but the question was meant to those that believe Christ's mission was to come and die so that all your sins would be taken away. if they did then they should be happy that judas made that happen.

You've got it all mixed up and wrong. On the one hand, you believed Judas to have done something evil, for which reason you would not name any of your children after him. But then, you believe again that he brought about something good - so that in one breath you contradict your premise yet again! grin

Otuwe dearie, it's a simple thing with salvation, really. Judas case has often been misunderstood because many people often forget the real condemnation and murder was by the chief priests and elders of the Jews. One question I would like to ask is this: what stopped Judas from repenting and receiving salvation in Christ's redemption? Think about it for a moment. What he did was wrong; but then consider again the following --

the Jews also were guilty of condemning Christ; and yet, the same people received salvation in Christ when Peter
   preached to them in Acts 2 by the pwer of the Holy Spirit.

Peter himself denied Christ when He stood before the judgement seat of men - so bitter was that denial that the
   Bible said he even began to swear and to curse (Matt. 26:74). Yet, Peter repented and was used mightily by the Lord.

It's of no use trying to isolate Judas' case and treat it in context that is not suggested at all in Scripture.

otuwe:

as always u always read my post from the surface alone.
i don't mean the angels were physically crying but have u ever wondered why the earth shook and night overtook the day.
don't u ever think that maybe nature was angry at the cruel murder of the Son of God?
it pains me to see that people look at the death of Christ and they confidently say that was what He came to do.

None of your summations are actually what Scripture points out. The angels were not crying; nature could not be angry (I don't see 'nature' as something possessing human traits); night overtook day (or it became dark for 3 hours) - a sign of divine judgement well in keeping with Scripture; . . . and yes, Christ said it exactly that what He accomplished on the Cross was already prophesied of Him centuries before (see Luke 24:44-47).

So, there should not be any "paining" you on the matter; unless you deliberately want to look away from what Scripture clearly lays out.

otuwe:

Christ prophesied His death not because that was the only way man would be saved but He was warning them and giving them another chance to change their ways.

Christ was not the first one to mention His death - several prophets did centuries earlier before His incarnation.

otuwe:

if Humanity has taken His Word and Lived Accordingly Christ would have been spared that death and humanity would have been spared that great guilt of killing the Son of God

Sorry, if you understood the message of Redemption from the onset, you'd not be thinking of "sparing" Christ the death He accomplished on the Cross. The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is a 'plus' sign; not a minus sign.

otuwe:

if actually Christ's death has taken away our sins, what are we still doing on earth. we would have all gone back to heaven immediately He died don't you think??

Lol. Let me use another example. You're a Crossbeaer, right? If the reason of being or attaining to the position of a crossbearer has been accomplished, why ae you still on the net at all?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Margret Idahosa Face Of Many Colours. / BREAKING; Video: Idians Are Destroying Their Idols Because It Failed To Protect / God Did Not Create The Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.