Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor (59390 Views)

Cardinal John Onaiyekan Retires As Archbishop Of Abuja / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor / RCCG GO Pastor Adeboye Want You To Call Him "Daddy" But The Bible Says Otherwise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by defemidefemi(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Where did you get your fact my Oga.. From my research I humbly submitted that Redeemed Christian Church of God is not the largest church in the world, not the biggest church and not the most populated church in the world, but I stand to be corrected if you can help me with documented evidence
Coolcash1:

I wish pastor obayemi success as the new G.O of the world most biggest church
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:
Nice but does the church belong to people from the SW?

Must you politicize everything?

Btw, I've been calling people within the church hierarchy and so far no one has confirm the authenticity of this news yet.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by seunlayi(m): 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=curiositymaster post=52611925]

Btw, I've been calling people within the church hierarchy and so far no one has confirm the authenticity of this news yet.[/quote
Pastor Adeboye has announced his stepping down as Nigeria Overseer; but still the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God .

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
defemidefemi:
Where did you get your fact my Oga.. From my research I humbly submitted that Redeemed Christian Church of God is not the largest church in the world, not the biggest church and not the most populated church in the world, but I stand to be corrected if you can help me with documented evidence
We dont need an argument on which Church has d highest population. Anyway the Catholic church is the biggest in d world with 1 billion followers out of 2.2 billion Christians in d world

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by datizy(f): 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=AVECDEO post=52610925]. Is he dead or has the holy spirit left him? Why miss him when he's still with us.[/quote
I wonder o. Some people can misunderstand gist eh
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by cbrass(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
jide219:
yup,are you for or aganist

We all have different physical strength levels,that you retire actively doesn't mean you can't still support the ministry in the little way you can,we all know the reason why Rev.kumuyi is tight fist about deeper life DS position is because he is scared of what may become the church in his life time
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by ultimate73(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
All the best
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
curiositymaster:

Btw, I've been calling people within the church hierarchy and so far no one has confirm the authenticity of this news yet.

It was just an observation, I didn't mean to politicize the issue. Baba still looks strong, I hope the news is false

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by olabox(m): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
yemikush:

http://ynaija.com/breaking-pastor-adeboye-retires-as-rccg-go-pastor-obayemi-named-his-successor/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Was it because of what inspired in Ekiti state? If a political party can force a whole GO to retire, that means Nigeria is in prison. May God help us
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by midfinger(m): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Is it a lie or coincidence undecided
Don't mind all the people that quoted you feigning ignorance of what u wrote,there is politics in church and it didn't start today, am sorry to say this ,but the truth must be said regardless ,most major Sw owned churches are so so tribalistic in their dealings...redeem and deeper life leads the pack while others follows.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by datizy(f): 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=jide219 post=52611683]Respect to pastor kumuyi he is older than Adeboye but he is still upright and working tirelessly for the work of God,as a minister of God u re not supposebto retire when Jesus has not come and sinners are dieing[Why is it so hard for people to read and understand. He is not retiring, he just appointed a new national overseer. He is still the general overseer./quote]
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by OBAGADAFFI: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
totalhouse:

I knew this is what the news will carry... Jokers
Anyways pastor J. O. Obayemi is the new national overseer (Nigeria alone) because of the new 'general bubu 's law' to 'checkmate' the church... In Nigeria today, any general overseer in Nigeria will always serve by tenure, no more general overseer till death in Nigeria..
The government is poking nose into church in order to have her way for a kind of control on the Church.. We know where they are going.. Revenue must be generated through all means... Just let them continue, we are ready for the insensitive government...
Pastor E. A. Adeboye is still the general overseer worldwide because Rccg is a global church

It should be National Overseer Nigeria .

The GO still remains the GO.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by middlebelter(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
I hope he will accept to serve as full time president of CAN? It appears to me the influence of other religion on the law making of naija is becoming too much. How will he just retire abruptly without signal after he said his successor has not even be converted and drinking bear a few years ago. Or could that story credited to him about his success or be false.
I think am NOT happy about this retirement. However am not a member of RCCG but am worried on its impact on other Christians churches in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
midfinger:
Don't mind all the people that quoted you feigning ignorance of what u wrote,there is politics in church and it didn't start today, am sorry to say this ,but the truth must be said regardless ,most major Sw owned churches are so so tribalistic in their dealings...redeem and deeper life leads the pack while others follows.
Kumuyi is the First G.O of deeperlife. How can u accuse him of tribalism when he hasnt had any successor at all, should he change his name to your ethnic group name so you would be happy. Most of these big five(Rccg, deeper life, LFC, Christ embassy and MFM) started locally from the south west so it's very likely that the first pastoral members were Yorubas or binis(Christ embassy). Hence, they already form the senior pastorate before the Church became big. Just like early Christianity started. Initially it looked like a jewish affair because Jesus was jewish and all his disciples were Jewish but that didnt mean he was against a gentile leading his Church. We dont know who the successor of rccg yet but whether its a Rotimi,Chukwudi or Ahmed. All glory is still to God...

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Irreplaceable48(f): 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
All of u spreading false info, there is God o!!
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by boseshalom(f): 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
Brightwood:
He's tired of scamming stupid Nigerians?

ur stupidity has no bounds

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by tolulinks(m): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:
The only church the igbos are general overseers are the catholic church!
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by tolulinks(m): 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
Brightwood:
He's tired of scamming stupid Nigerians?
And then one day you will wonder why your life is like that of a ragged doll?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by cyber5(m): 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
Rumours
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by math2001: 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
Fraud. Alert.

The so call pastor obafemi is an Igbo man who change his name.. who they claim want to replace pastor adeboye.

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by math2001: 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
Fraud. Alert.

The so call pastor obafemi is an Igbo man who change his name.. who they claim want to replace pastor adeboye.

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by defemidefemi(m): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
Good bless you, u are very right
Statsocial:

We dont need an argument on which Church has d highest population. Anyway the Catholic church is the biggest in d world with 1 billion followers out of 2.2 billion Christians in d world
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by hephzibah003: 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
maximunimpact:
Another yahoo man to take over, and the milking of the gullibles continues, where are the give a "F" guys when u need them.......

You obviously need Jesus in your life!
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by ceeethru(m): 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
kITATITA:

@bolded, which humanity? Redeem in not noted for service to humanity, including philanthropy, youth capacity building or liberation theology. Redeem is not even noted for going to the hinterland to win souls. Redeem poaches from other denominations. What does the church even stand for?
Crazy person like you should be looked-up in Uselu
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by fijiano202(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
Olulinks:

God is the pillar holding RCCG and everything together. Don't make mistake.
bro I know but he seems like the last honest man in rccg
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Emma4Jesu(m): 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
I taught he once said his successor is still drinking beer in the beer parlor, or will that person coming to take over from him later[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Hidohwuh: 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
yemikush:

http://ynaija.com/breaking-pastor-adeboye-retires-as-rccg-go-pastor-obayemi-named-his-successor/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Pastor Adeboye has announced his stepping down as Nigeria Overseer; but still the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God .
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
Church Will Split Up Soon.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by mannobi(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:
When you know that you are much of a novice why not ask the proper questions in a proper way
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
curiositymaster:

pidgin, only yorubas occupy the top hierarchy, no matter how devoted u are u dont go up until ur sw.
unless d parish is in a village or desert.
let somebody shout AFONJA!
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
tolulinks:

And then one day you will wonder why your life is like that of a ragged doll?

brightwood is entitled to his opinion, you don't have to show us how fake ur faith is.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Ninilowo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
Did he pick this man from "beer parlour" as he said sometimes ago?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts / What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake / Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.