Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,624 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? (9762 Views)

The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin / Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2017
veekid:

nairaland is always boring on Sundays with multiple xtian topics on front-page; don't know why

Quote me and die........
you will die hating on christians angry
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by udumosam23(m): 7:39am On Jan 08, 2017
Yes, restitution is important. Especially when you still have the item or can produce another to make for the one you took or converted. Restition can also be done in form of confession, admit what you've done to the person involved and plead for forgiveness.

In a case where injury is severe and has caused physical damage, and repentance comes immediately after the incidence, give it time a bit, or use elders that can attest to your new faith to make restitution.

However, there are cases where restitution is dangerous, and can complicate issues for you as a believer. Like in the case of murder, such cases should be handled with care.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Youpele52: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2017
Chibenn

You've taken the most important step which is repentance.
The restitution is good but since she's your business partner you should consider thoroughly before going for it.

You can decide to go to her for restitution, tell her everything and ask for forgiveness. Most importantly, tell her that you're going to pay all you've taken from her without her knowing. And this payment you're going to do it gradually.

Or you can decide not to go for the restitution, and decide to pay her all you've taken from her gradually. By using your own money to buy goods for her. Continue this until you experience peace within you. After which you may decide to go for the restitution and explain to her why you were bought those goods for her.

Whichever way try not lose your relationship and trust with this your business partner.

God will give you wisdom.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by dammyshaggs: 7:42am On Jan 08, 2017
chibenn:
there is one woman , a business partner whom I always buy goods together in Onitsha market .
but I have don't to her things he will never forgive me if she know ,
although she didn't know I was the one who hacked her goods then,
but now I an burn again , but when ever I see this woman my mind run over that which I have don't to her,
but I am afraid to go for a restitution,

so , is the restitution really necessary for my repentance?

lol!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Innoaca: 7:42am On Jan 08, 2017
Yes restitution is neccesary to complete your repentance so that ur quit can be taken away. If u re familiar wth d story of zaccheus he told Jesus all I have taken unlawfully I restore sevenfold.this an example of restitution.
Secondly if u dnt do it, u can't find d boldness to talk to her abt Christ n if she finds out later DAT u did all DAT to her, she will take u as an hypocrite
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Exponental(m): 7:49am On Jan 08, 2017
Ingrish! Can someone pls explain if u understand!
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by 0b10010011: 7:58am On Jan 08, 2017
Oga thick!
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by 0b10010011: 7:58am On Jan 08, 2017
Your composition sef deserves deliverance, restitution and repentance

1 Like

Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by joesh94: 8:06am On Jan 08, 2017
Restitution is different from repentance, repentance is faith towards God and The Lord Jesus while restitution is making wrongs right towards men, when one has believed the lord he has repented but he has to make wrongs right to show Glory to the Lord, nevertheless restitution is not salvation, otherwise it will be salvation by works and not by grace in the saving work of the saviour, one need to seek guidiance from the Holy spirit and matured christian leaders concerning restitutions to be made else, if every wrongs remembered will be restituted , one will not have assurance of salvation and peace with God and such a believer will live a legalistic life.. Hope this helps, God bless
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Heineken(m): 8:23am On Jan 08, 2017
Naso my guy when we dey do our final year exam for school o... Say him do restitution. I surprise sha... My man say hym waec and NECO na shua shua naso my guy tell school authority say hym wan start afresh. Hym leave school go redo waec and NECO back.. He's In 200 Level now wey we don serve finish since 2015... You eff up shina
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by seguno2: 8:28am On Jan 08, 2017
Yes.
Very necessary.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 08, 2017
restitution and repentance go hand in hand, they re not mutually exclusive events.
people must make amends for the harm they did to others .
repentance is to God, restitution is to your fellow man.
if our so called pastors preached genuine repentance, the scores of politicians who litter their churches would leave, because restitution goes with repentance.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by ayindejimmy(m): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2017
chibenn:
there is one woman , a business partner whom I always buy goods together in Onitsha market .
but now I an burn again , but when ever I see this woman my mind run over that which I have don't to her,

Make your restitution with God and sin no more.
if the women is not a genuine born again she may not understand your motives and things could get worst for you.
God understand certain situations if your repentance is truly from the heart pray and fast to God for directions because there no wound more deadly than a guilty conscience- for those that have one.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by buchilino(m): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2017
IT'S VERY NECESSARY BROS. EVEN IF D PERSON DOESN'T 4GIVE U, D CREATOR OF D UNIVERSE HAS SEEN UR HEART N WILL BLESS U 4 TAKEN SUCH A BOLD STEP.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by buchilino(m): 8:41am On Jan 08, 2017
ayindejimmy:

if the women is not a genuine born again she may not understand your motives and things could get worst for you.
God understand certain situations if your repentance is truly from the heart pray and fast to God for directions because there no wound more deadly than a guilty conscience for those that have one.

DO U BELIEVE GOD IS ALL SUPREME?. D SWEET THING ABOUT SALVATION IS DAT ONCE KEEP OBEYING GOD SHEEPISHLY, NOTHING SCARCES U ANYMORE, EVEN DEATH.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by histemple: 8:54am On Jan 08, 2017
0b10010011:
Your composition sef deserves deliverance, restitution and repentance

Have pity on this bros now, somebody already told you he is BURN again and you still want another deliverance for him.
Do you want to burn him finally?

1 Like

Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by 0b10010011: 9:02am On Jan 08, 2017
histemple:

Have pity on this bros now, somebody already told you he is BURN again and you still want another deliverance for him.
Do you want to burn him finally?

grin grin grin
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Pejapaul: 9:21am On Jan 08, 2017
Yes, you must do it as long as that person is alive
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by jayAjoku(m): 9:47am On Jan 08, 2017
RESTITUTION is not necessary for anything. christ has paid it all for you .. Restitution is preached to mske people feel guilty it's not good ..
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by 0955eb027(m): 10:04am On Jan 08, 2017
veekid:

nairaland is always boring on Sundays with multiple xtian topics on front-page; don't know why

Quote me and die........
You re right. But it starts getting better after noon. By the way, i am not going to die today..
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
Eeeehhh! So you were among those touts causing troubles in that market. Thank God for your arrest. It's remaining others.

Your mind has told you exactly what to do. You better go and do it and be totally free now.

or are you afraid of jail term, ashamed of what people will say, then you have not started.

Better face it boldly now and be eternally happy.

The spirit that Christ giveth is a bold one that is not afraid of anything, focusing on the solid rock-Jesus(the burden bearer and greatest Savior)

If He suffered for what He did not do, you think that your suffering because of what you did will change the face of heaven?

Christianity is not a bed of roses.

Think twice!
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by haibe(m): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
Innoaca:
Yes restitution is neccesary to complete your repentance so that ur quit can be taken away. If u re familiar wth d story of zaccheus he told Jesus all I have taken unlawfully I restore sevenfold.this an example of restitution.
Secondly if u dnt do it, u can't find d boldness to talk to her abt Christ n if she finds out later DAT u did all DAT to her, she will take u as an hypocrite

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1).. Restitution is a jewish law so it was necessary. For Christians after you repent, you are a new creature. Your being saved is does not have anything to do with your personal works (like restitution).. Also contrary to popular beileves about guilt if u dont restitute, the bible says we have no condemnation in christ.

@Op however if you are led by the Spirit to restitute, then you must do as He has led you.. but dont let anyone force you to believe any jewish law.. being a Christian is deeper than many people think.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Jammiiee(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Bro u need to go to her for restitution. It is a must else ur salvation won't be genuine before Christ. Pls do that ASAP angry
chibenn:

Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Princedaniel: 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
http://findtruths.com/repentance-vs-penance/

Repentance vs Penance vs Restitution

This solves your question.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by omojeesu(m): 1:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
chibenn:

RESTITUTE IF POSSIBLE AND UNDER THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT NOT ON SENTIMENTS OR GUILTY FEELINGS.

YOU'RE A NEW CREATURE FOR WHOM OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AND EVERYTHING IS NEW.
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by ayindejimmy(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
chibenn:

[i]
chibenn:

[/i]COPIED!!!
THE DOCTRINE OF RESTITUTION
Many so called born-again Christians are always go along with a bible scriptures that says, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature and the old things has passed away, forget and never cares of the evil they have done to people in the past
They don’t border about the lies they told clearly in the past that brought someone into trouble
They don’t border about the serious damages they have caused someone
Bible said, you must compare scripture with scripture. You don’t take just a scripture and run with it. Every scripture has it own reason and it needs, every scripture, for the bible said, none of it shall fail for my mouth has said it.
The scripture is not alone. There is another scripture that speak of that scripture to make it clear, to show that in the mouth of two or three witnesses. All you think you know, is just a part
So you can’t say, the things you did yesterday, you have forgotten, but God has not forgotten.
In time of grace, every sins leads to hell (Paul Rika)
You forgot but the heart of the offended has not forgotten. When you got born-again, did your face change?
Did your stature change?
A stolen Car will still remain a stolen car, even if you claim to be a born-again, the fact will still remain that, the money you are enjoying now, was stolen from your office.
Zacheus said, I will restore all what I stole from people, because people have started looking down at Jesus, because he was walking with a robber. At that spot, he made necessary restitution and Jesus said, today salvation has come to your house. Why didn’t Jesus tell him, No it’s not necessary, the old has past away
Restitution is the evidence that Salvation has come.
God commanded it. And it has being in practice for many years even before the Law of Moses.
Brethren there is restitution. That cloth you stole from the line, Now that you have given your life to Christ, go back and return it.
Return that shoe you stole before is too late. Go and return those things you stole from your office even if you are no more working there, still return
Even the things you borrow return them. Even the Bible you borrow, return it.
Death will never inform you before coming to take you. Return everything before death comes
Ezk33:14 and Judges17:1.
The bible you borrowed from your friend hand, A whole Jesus himself and you fail to return it, if you die at that spot, it is hell. to us it is nothing, but to God it is something. In time of grace, every little sin will lead you to hell.
People don't know who God is, if they know they will fear him
You tell a lied that lead someone into trouble, go back and say the truth; else, Hell is waiting for you
That little salt you took from your Neighbor without telling him will lead you to hell if you die without telling her.
A box of Matches is not up to 5Naira, but taking two stick without telling your neighbor will lead you to hell (Rev21:27)
Those things you stole from your office, even biro, return it now, it's dangerous for your soul
You called yourself a man of God, and you cast a curse on someone because he disrespected you, or because he stole away your members, Haven’t you once disrespected God before? Go back and pray for him now. I’m not advising you But commanding you in the name of Jesus
You commit adultery with another woman, you must confess your sin to your wife because, you have cheated on her
You beat your wife everytime, if you fail to go and beg her before death, hell await you
You naked yourself to cause the man who abandoned you, after you have dates each other for many years, he broke your heart and you cause him, you caused her because of that alone, hell is waiting for you, until you bless him/her again, the same way you caused him/her.
you woke up 12am in the middle of the night, and naked yourself to swear for him, the same way you must naked yourself to bless him.
As a choir master, you commit fornication with one of the chorister, don’t think you can cover up your sin, you must report yourself to your pastor, so that they will punish you now, than the eternal punishment that await you in hell
You are a pastor, and you end up committing adultery with a lady that seduces you in your church, don’t cover it up, you must report yourself to the elder of the church and also your wife
You are about to get married to an innocent man that knows nothing about your past, and because of your past life, your womb has being destroyed, confess your past to him, if he’s yours he will stay with you and will still marry you
The money you borrowed from that man that died two years ago, you must still pay it back to his family or else, hell await you
You are yet to pay your wife diory, you are a thief, even if she is now 70yrs old, go and pay her diory, else hell is waiting for you
Those of you that beat your wife as if she is in kindergarten, the rod of God is waiting for you if you die without begging her
I will teach my husband a lesson, he think he can cheat on me; I will show him that I am a woman. The lord who created woman will show you too that He is God.
And what make you think you can divorce your wife for committing adultery? My dear you can’t. if you have divorce and re-marry, hell is waiting for you for the sin of adultery.
(Rom7:2-3)
Barrenness or no barrenness Children or no children, Witch or no witch, Poverty or no poverty, Adultery or no Adultery the law binding husband and wife is for life. You can’t divorce and remarry if you have done that, hell is waiting for you
Mal2:14-16 I hate divorce. Never look for a reason to put away your wife or your husband.
SHOULD WE DIVORCE OUR WIFE FOR COMITING ADULTERY?
Let he that is without sin be the first to cast the stone, that means
God equate Adultery with stealing, lying, anger, bitterness etc. if none of these can separate marriage, then Adultery can’t separate marriage
That fowl you stone for eating your food, and accidentally, the foul died in your hand, don’t bury it, go and report yourself to the owner
Because you got married to a stingy husband, that shouldn’t give you the reason to steal his money, if you do that, and you fail to restitute, it is hell
You women that tied the glory of your husband in a pot, go and loose him now before is too late, else hell will arrest you when you die
You cursed your boyfriend because he cheated on you and ran away with your friend, tell me is there no more man in town? What if he marries you and use your head for ritual? Because of your curse at 40 he still remain single, go back and loose him and the lord will forgive you
You need to go back and confess your crime to those you have offended and Seek forgiveness from them. Follow peace with all men
False property, false result, False certificate, you need restitution in order to be free
Men with two wives, you are a thief
RESTITUTION IN AREA OF FALSE ACQUISITION :
God Also promise to punish Job Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite, for acquising Job wrongly, else they do to him a necessary restitution and allow Job to pray for them, his wrath will be on them
YOU SPEAK ANY HOW, YOU CHALLENGED ANY HOW, YOU REPORT ANY HOW, You must do something about it before standing before the judgment throne, He that speak careless words, shall stand at the judgment of his words. He shall account for any foul words.
Else, Repent now and go back to apologies
RESTITUTION IN AREA OF FRAUDULENT MINISTRY:
1Sam12:1-5 Samuel was redy to restitute if He has taken anything in a wrong way from anyone just as Zacheus did.
It is expected as a ruler of the church, elder, pastor or any leader of the church to make sure their way is pure in any circumstances, so that your way will be just before the lord.
You borrow money from church you fail to pay back
You embezzle the church money
You committed adultery with a member of the church, you must do restitution, even if you are no more in that church, you must go back
RESTITUTION FOR THEFT (Judges 17:1-4)
This was a story of a boy Micah who stole the silver of his mother, even when his mother was causing who stole it, the man was still saying amen. But later, after many years, this boy repented and returned the money, it was until then the woman blessed him after he restitute. The boy bear the shame, and confess his sins, yet the boy never knew it’s lord money. Still her mother gave him back the money
What did God said concerning this?
Ezikiel33:14-16 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk
in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be m mentioned unto him: he
hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
God is only interested in a serious human. He is ready to take if just only one that will be ready. If God can only remember Noah in his time, then he will only take to his kingdom, the only one ready for his will. So that the one not ready will be cast into the lake of fire, and they will not come to become another satan in heaven.
RESTITUTION ON HUMAN STEALING:
Solomon restores back the stolen child back to her mother. Any child you bought, any child you stole, restore it back to the owner. It’s different from abduction . you sneak into the hospital to steal that child
2Sam21:1-9. Gibeonite was not among the children of Israel, but God punish the people of Israel for the evil they did to Gibeonite. Because God called you his beloved child, doesn’t mean he hate other people. He is the God of the Jews and the Gentiles.
David met the people of Gibeonite to apologies and ask what they can used for restitution, and they requested for the life of Saul family
Saul killed them because of his own religious believe, forgotten the covenant they made with them trough Joshua
Because God called you his people don’t mean he rejected other people. He is a God of all flesh
I will visit iniquity upon the first and second generation even the fourth generation.
Saul brought sin upon his generation, and his generation paid for what he owe.
God needs a thorough work of righteousness
If you are really sorry, then return what you have stolen
RESTITUTION ON MAKING PEACE WITH YOUR OPPONENTS:
Follow peace and holiness with all men for without no man shall see the lord . even before giving gift to God, you must first restitute, apologies to whosoever you offended that is holding grudge against you, even before your offering can be accepted by the lord.Mat5:21-26.
Telling your brother he’s useless, even the devil is still useful in some aspect, despite a whole man created by God
Calling your brother fools
Beating your wife, and maltreating your workers
Disrespecting your Father or Mother, even your Boss
Or even calling your brother FOOL habah that’s dangerous. be careful.
Mat18:15-18. Even if your brother is angry with you, go to him and tell him his fault, instead of holding grudge or malice against him
RESTITUTION ON PERSONAL BELONGING: Personal belonging may be sold for the purpose of carrying out restitution
Mat18:23-25: Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold,
and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made
Some will say I want to restitute but I don’t have the money, don’t you have anything to sell?
If matters of restitution can be seeing by God like this, are you playing with it? Can God can say sell him and his family to do restitution, are you playing with restitution?
If you have money to pay, pay it now else, you will be sold to hell.
Moreover, you must humble yourself for that Humility can turn away anger.
A wife should use soft language in humility to apologies to his husband
Jacob sent gift Bach by batch to Esau when he wanted to do his own restitution. WISDOM IS REQUIRE IN RESTITUTION. He bow when he saw his brother 7 times.
Your pride will lead you to destruction. The humility gave this man mercy from his master
PAUL MADE A RESTITUTION Act23:3 hen said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? 4 And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
This is a great apostle appologising after he realized he has spoken rudely to a high preast even if he’s an unbeliever.
Many people, including I, before I stopped are fun of speaking rudely against the men of God. They can spit on a pastor face, If an Apostle of Christ can plead for the mistake he made, then who are you?
Fear the anointed men of God. If God will defend Saul even in his backsliding, then you have a restitution to made.
I remember a time I used to post against men of God, on Naira land, The day I stopped, I wrote an open letter for my mistake. Before going to the lord
Restitution made by Onesimus and Philemon. He stole from philemon, but later repented after pthe preaching of Paul, and Paul has to send him back to Philemon because he knew keeping him, will transgress against the word of God. Paul even promise to pay it from his own account. He sent him back to do Restitution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by emma2002(m): 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
NNVanguard:
Yes! For peace of mind.

How can you be putting on a stolen dress everyday and the owner peradventure sees you, how will you feel?

The book in your shelf that's not yours and yet you are keeping it and you know the rightful owner, and maybe the owner is still in dire need of it, is it good?

How about anonymously returning it...just thinking tho
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by Darlo22(m): 5:25am On Jan 09, 2017
ayindejimmy:

[i]

[/i]COPIED!!!
THE DOCTRINE OF RESTITUTION
Many so called born-again Christians are always go along with a bible scriptures that says, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature and the old things has passed away, forget and never cares of the evil they have done to people in the past
They don’t border about the lies they told clearly in the past that brought someone into trouble
They don’t border about the serious damages they have caused someone
Bible said, you must compare scripture with scripture. You don’t take just a scripture and run with it. Every scripture has it own reason and it needs, every scripture, for the bible said, none of it shall fail for my mouth has said it.
The scripture is not alone. There is another scripture that speak of that scripture to make it clear, to show that in the mouth of two or three witnesses. All you think you know, is just a part
So you can’t say, the things you did yesterday, you have forgotten, but God has not forgotten.
In time of grace, every sins leads to hell (Paul Rika)
You forgot but the heart of the offended has not forgotten. When you got born-again, did your face change?
Did your stature change?
A stolen Car will still remain a stolen car, even if you claim to be a born-again, the fact will still remain that, the money you are enjoying now, was stolen from your office.
Zacheus said, I will restore all what I stole from people, because people have started looking down at Jesus, because he was walking with a robber. At that spot, he made necessary restitution and Jesus said, today salvation has come to your house. Why didn’t Jesus tell him, No it’s not necessary, the old has past away
Restitution is the evidence that Salvation has come.
God commanded it. And it has being in practice for many years even before the Law of Moses.
Brethren there is restitution. That cloth you stole from the line, Now that you have given your life to Christ, go back and return it.
Return that shoe you stole before is too late. Go and return those things you stole from your office even if you are no more working there, still return
Even the things you borrow return them. Even the Bible you borrow, return it.
Death will never inform you before coming to take you. Return everything before death comes
Ezk33:14 and Judges17:1.
The bible you borrowed from your friend hand, A whole Jesus himself and you fail to return it, if you die at that spot, it is hell. to us it is nothing, but to God it is something. In time of grace, every little sin will lead you to hell.
People don't know who God is, if they know they will fear him
You tell a lied that lead someone into trouble, go back and say the truth; else, Hell is waiting for you
That little salt you took from your Neighbor without telling him will lead you to hell if you die without telling her.
A box of Matches is not up to 5Naira, but taking two stick without telling your neighbor will lead you to hell (Rev21:27)
Those things you stole from your office, even biro, return it now, it's dangerous for your soul
You called yourself a man of God, and you cast a curse on someone because he disrespected you, or because he stole away your members, Haven’t you once disrespected God before? Go back and pray for him now. I’m not advising you But commanding you in the name of Jesus
You commit adultery with another woman, you must confess your sin to your wife because, you have cheated on her
You beat your wife everytime, if you fail to go and beg her before death, hell await you
You naked yourself to cause the man who abandoned you, after you have dates each other for many years, he broke your heart and you cause him, you caused her because of that alone, hell is waiting for you, until you bless him/her again, the same way you caused him/her.
you woke up 12am in the middle of the night, and naked yourself to swear for him, the same way you must naked yourself to bless him.
As a choir master, you commit fornication with one of the chorister, don’t think you can cover up your sin, you must report yourself to your pastor, so that they will punish you now, than the eternal punishment that await you in hell
You are a pastor, and you end up committing adultery with a lady that seduces you in your church, don’t cover it up, you must report yourself to the elder of the church and also your wife
You are about to get married to an innocent man that knows nothing about your past, and because of your past life, your womb has being destroyed, confess your past to him, if he’s yours he will stay with you and will still marry you
The money you borrowed from that man that died two years ago, you must still pay it back to his family or else, hell await you
You are yet to pay your wife diory, you are a thief, even if she is now 70yrs old, go and pay her diory, else hell is waiting for you
Those of you that beat your wife as if she is in kindergarten, the rod of God is waiting for you if you die without begging her
I will teach my husband a lesson, he think he can cheat on me; I will show him that I am a woman. The lord who created woman will show you too that He is God.
And what make you think you can divorce your wife for committing adultery? My dear you can’t. if you have divorce and re-marry, hell is waiting for you for the sin of adultery.
(Rom7:2-3)
Barrenness or no barrenness Children or no children, Witch or no witch, Poverty or no poverty, Adultery or no Adultery the law binding husband and wife is for life. You can’t divorce and remarry if you have done that, hell is waiting for you
Mal2:14-16 I hate divorce. Never look for a reason to put away your wife or your husband.
SHOULD WE DIVORCE OUR WIFE FOR COMITING ADULTERY?
Let he that is without sin be the first to cast the stone, that means
God equate Adultery with stealing, lying, anger, bitterness etc. if none of these can separate marriage, then Adultery can’t separate marriage
That fowl you stone for eating your food, and accidentally, the foul died in your hand, don’t bury it, go and report yourself to the owner
Because you got married to a stingy husband, that shouldn’t give you the reason to steal his money, if you do that, and you fail to restitute, it is hell
You women that tied the glory of your husband in a pot, go and loose him now before is too late, else hell will arrest you when you die
You cursed your boyfriend because he cheated on you and ran away with your friend, tell me is there no more man in town? What if he marries you and use your head for ritual? Because of your curse at 40 he still remain single, go back and loose him and the lord will forgive you
You need to go back and confess your crime to those you have offended and Seek forgiveness from them. Follow peace with all men
False property, false result, False certificate, you need restitution in order to be free
Men with two wives, you are a thief
RESTITUTION IN AREA OF FALSE ACQUISITION :
God Also promise to punish Job Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite, for acquising Job wrongly, else they do to him a necessary restitution and allow Job to pray for them, his wrath will be on them
YOU SPEAK ANY HOW, YOU CHALLENGED ANY HOW, YOU REPORT ANY HOW, You must do something about it before standing before the judgment throne, He that speak careless words, shall stand at the judgment of his words. He shall account for any foul words.
Else, Repent now and go back to apologies
RESTITUTION IN AREA OF FRAUDULENT MINISTRY:
1Sam12:1-5 Samuel was redy to restitute if He has taken anything in a wrong way from anyone just as Zacheus did.
It is expected as a ruler of the church, elder, pastor or any leader of the church to make sure their way is pure in any circumstances, so that your way will be just before the lord.
You borrow money from church you fail to pay back
You embezzle the church money
You committed adultery with a member of the church, you must do restitution, even if you are no more in that church, you must go back
RESTITUTION FOR THEFT (Judges 17:1-4)
This was a story of a boy Micah who stole the silver of his mother, even when his mother was causing who stole it, the man was still saying amen. But later, after many years, this boy repented and returned the money, it was until then the woman blessed him after he restitute. The boy bear the shame, and confess his sins, yet the boy never knew it’s lord money. Still her mother gave him back the money
What did God said concerning this?
Ezikiel33:14-16 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk
in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be m mentioned unto him: he
hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
God is only interested in a serious human. He is ready to take if just only one that will be ready. If God can only remember Noah in his time, then he will only take to his kingdom, the only one ready for his will. So that the one not ready will be cast into the lake of fire, and they will not come to become another satan in heaven.
RESTITUTION ON HUMAN STEALING:
Solomon restores back the stolen child back to her mother. Any child you bought, any child you stole, restore it back to the owner. It’s different from abduction . you sneak into the hospital to steal that child
2Sam21:1-9. Gibeonite was not among the children of Israel, but God punish the people of Israel for the evil they did to Gibeonite. Because God called you his beloved child, doesn’t mean he hate other people. He is the God of the Jews and the Gentiles.
David met the people of Gibeonite to apologies and ask what they can used for restitution, and they requested for the life of Saul family
Saul killed them because of his own religious believe, forgotten the covenant they made with them trough Joshua
Because God called you his people don’t mean he rejected other people. He is a God of all flesh
I will visit iniquity upon the first and second generation even the fourth generation.
Saul brought sin upon his generation, and his generation paid for what he owe.
God needs a thorough work of righteousness
If you are really sorry, then return what you have stolen
RESTITUTION ON MAKING PEACE WITH YOUR OPPONENTS:
Follow peace and holiness with all men for without no man shall see the lord . even before giving gift to God, you must first restitute, apologies to whosoever you offended that is holding grudge against you, even before your offering can be accepted by the lord.Mat5:21-26.
Telling your brother he’s useless, even the devil is still useful in some aspect, despite a whole man created by God
Calling your brother fools
Beating your wife, and maltreating your workers
Disrespecting your Father or Mother, even your Boss
Or even calling your brother FOOL habah that’s dangerous. be careful.
Mat18:15-18. Even if your brother is angry with you, go to him and tell him his fault, instead of holding grudge or malice against him
RESTITUTION ON PERSONAL BELONGING: Personal belonging may be sold for the purpose of carrying out restitution
Mat18:23-25: Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold,
and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made
Some will say I want to restitute but I don’t have the money, don’t you have anything to sell?
If matters of restitution can be seeing by God like this, are you playing with it? Can God can say sell him and his family to do restitution, are you playing with restitution?
If you have money to pay, pay it now else, you will be sold to hell.
Moreover, you must humble yourself for that Humility can turn away anger.
A wife should use soft language in humility to apologies to his husband
Jacob sent gift Bach by batch to Esau when he wanted to do his own restitution. WISDOM IS REQUIRE IN RESTITUTION. He bow when he saw his brother 7 times.
Your pride will lead you to destruction. The humility gave this man mercy from his master
PAUL MADE A RESTITUTION Act23:3 hen said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? 4 And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
This is a great apostle appologising after he realized he has spoken rudely to a high preast even if he’s an unbeliever.
Many people, including I, before I stopped are fun of speaking rudely against the men of God. They can spit on a pastor face, If an Apostle of Christ can plead for the mistake he made, then who are you?
Fear the anointed men of God. If God will defend Saul even in his backsliding, then you have a restitution to made.
I remember a time I used to post against men of God, on Naira land, The day I stopped, I wrote an open letter for my mistake. Before going to the lord
Restitution made by Onesimus and Philemon. He stole from philemon, but later repented after pthe preaching of Paul, and Paul has to send him back to Philemon because he knew keeping him, will transgress against the word of God. Paul even promise to pay it from his own account. He sent him back to do Restitution

This the truth and nothing but the truth. One of the best piece on restitution
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by enirock(m): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2017
buygala:
Please let sleeping dogs lie.... you can never tell how the woman will react to the revelation that you have been duping her codedly. ...she may likely not reason with the motive behind your action,and may get very vindictive ...

Even the Bible says..... "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature....Old things are passed away and ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW cool

Just make sure you are fair in your future dealings with her, while also going out of your way to quietly refund that which you have dubiously taken from her by way of random gifts and favors without her knowing that's what you are doing smiley

Repentance shouldn't entail putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger...... Go and sin no more smiley
Refunding that which u have dubiously taken is restitution?
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by jumpandpas(m): 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
ayindejimmy:

God understand certain situations if your repentance is truly from the heart pray and fast to God for directions because there no wound more deadly than a guilty conscience- for those that have one.

1. If you make your restitution with God only, you are like one who stole a car after which he begs God for forgiveness and continue using the stolen car.

2. When the police catches him with the stolen car, he realises that it wasn't enough making restitution with God only.

Cc,
chibenn
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by stanboy28(m): 9:56am On Jan 14, 2017
buygala:
Please let sleeping dogs lie.... you can never tell how the woman will react to the revelation that you have been duping her codedly. ...she may likely not reason with the motive behind your action,and may get very vindictive ...

Even the Bible says..... "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature....Old things are passed away and ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW cool

Just make sure you are fair in your future dealings with her, while also going out of your way to quietly refund that which you have dubiously taken from her by way of random gifts and favors without her knowing that's what you are doing smiley

Repentance shouldn't entail putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger...... Go and sin no more smiley
nailed it.....ur brain dey ur head...

#I-AM-STANBOY
Re: Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? by olowolekana: 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
Pray to God to go before you and settle the matter even before you go there. God will surely give you victory on this. it's very important

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? / 2-year Old Recites Psalm 23 (Video) / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.